MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Overall I like new Boba minifigure from Mando series. This color scheme looks a bit daring which is good.
Appreciate that they put the stand for the ship but I'm still not interested as I have several two older versions of Slave 1. 

Not blown away as well. As I understood back side doesn't have any interior, does it? I think that the exterior from different angles is more promising and should be quite good. 

9 minutes ago, SuperSith said:

Yeah it looks like you can only have figs in the main area when it’s open.

Yeah I find that really weird. I guess it doesn't matter since it's not like you can see them when it's closed but it just kind of feels wrong. I'm pretty much in the same boat as everyone else, I think it's alright but not especially great.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

New pictures of Slave I are up on BrickFanatics and it's amazing :wub_drool:

I love that little stand, it's so functional. Another Carbonite print is also always welcome.

This is shaping up to be one of the best sets in a while. Great figures, excellent price, accurate and well-made build, and even a stand! I love the little speeder-stand, reminds me of the classic star wars sets.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It’s a sticker, but it’s still nice to get another bounty encased in carbonite :laugh: Agree on the stand, what a pleasant surprise :thumbup:

Yeah, I love how it's done in the same style as the razor crest ones. 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This wave has some of the best PPP ratios we've seen in Lego Star Wars!

The Slave I has nearly 600 pieces for $50. I know some of you aren't PPP guys, but come on, last year that set would've been priced $70.

Yeah, their pricing is getting a lot better.

Seeing as the bridge is out of proportion (way too big), do we think it will have usable space e.g. for storage. Yeah the interior is small but I'm not sure where people thought the interior space was going to be given the size of the ship. Unfortunately with the floor being that high up it probably means the ship is quite flat on the bottom

Well, the insides of Star Destroyer-type sets are never good anyway.

I do like the look of that Slave I, but those pictures just confirm it's too small for me (not a complaint - I get why it is and I dig these cheaper alternatives, but I'd just prefer something bigger). 

Still like the Boba fig a lot, but those pictures really do highlight the contrast between the helmet and the armour. 

I'll keep on searching for a good deal on one of the older ones, and maybe in that time TBoBF will get sets with an updated helmet. And if not, he'll just remain helmetless!

The Slave 1 looks good, but I was definitely expecting it to be a bit bigger.  The 2006-2010 versions of the sets were around $50, if I recall, but seemed a lot larger than this.  Based on the piece used for the cockpit, it looks like this is almost the exact same size as the Cloud City/2000 versions of the set.  I was going to get the set, assuming it was closer in scale to that 2006 one, but I will now be saving $50 as I already have both the Cloud City and original versions of the set.  

The Mandalorian Fighter is definitely a must-buy for me, the scale is fine in my opinion, the figures are great, and my only real complaint is the lack of front landing gear.  

While I really like this wave, that and the forge will probably be the only must-buys for me.  

So far, the Mandalorian starfighter is the highlight of the wave for me. Two questions tough:

-Do you think we'll see this Boba figure in another sets in the future?

-Do you think we'll see the Mandalorian Forge Saturday at LEGO Con? I think this set can also be a great one.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

So far, the Mandalorian starfighter is the highlight of the wave for me. Two questions tough:

-Do you think we'll see the Mandalorian Forge Saturday at LEGO Con? I think this set can also be a great one.

Thanks!

I would imagine the new Boba figure would be in another set once the BOBF begins airing - depends if they make sets around it. 

1 hour ago, ood0 said:

Really? ISD's usually have the best interior right after the Millenium Falcon. It's obvious as there is a clear and consistant structure. This set and others (mainly bigger Alliance ships) have a way harder time, not to mention the Ghost. A ship like this just has a very hard time - it's supposed to be smaller than an ISD but even at this size and price due to the structure there isn't much you can do with the interior.

From pictures I thought it's gonna be even less space. I feared a lot of space being dedicated to the Tie-launching feature in the front (is that even there?).

At least it's 8-studs wide with some additional arm space remaining outside of that. I like also the suggestion of usable space in the front, like they did on the FO Destroyer. Makes it look bigger even though the space is useless.

But on the sides and ad the "cockpit area" you surely could try to make at least some cargo space, a tiny baby cell or maybe even a dark trooper launcher. The first imperial and republic star destroyers just sucked in terms of stability and colour scheme - but if you wish you could sacrifice the structural integrity for some extra space and features.

24 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

I would imagine the new Boba figure would be in another set once the BOBF begins airing - depends if they make sets around it. 

with TLG this can always take a veeeery long time :pir-grin:

The Slave I looks fanastic, especially love that new Boba figure :wub_drool:

Gideon's cruiser on the other hand just keeps getting more and more disappointing. What little interior is there looks decent enough but not being able to close the ship with minifigs inside is a terrible design flaw. Honestly with the short and stubby nose sections, oversized turbolasers, oversized "spine" and oversized bridge this set feels more like a poorly done caricature than an actual LEGO representation of the in-universe vessel. 

I will pass on 75312: Slave I.
The only other version I have of the ship is from 75222: Betrayal at Cloud City.
And in all honesty - I prefer its look to the new one, especially the new dark red portion
I also already have that version of the Mando figure, don't feel like I need a new version of Boba, and don't need the small vehicle/stand.

As far as 75315: Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser goes - I feel like it's a must for me.
I'm just a sucker for Imperial ships.
I just wish it came with at least one Imperial Officer like the one from 75252: Imperial Star Destroyer.

Lastly, I will also jump on getting 75311: Trexler Marauder as it looks good enough and I am happy with the figure selection.

The light cruiser looks great! The interior is generous and idk what people were expecting. I think there could be a bit more room in the actual bridge and towards the back (similarly to the venator)

btw, it’s looking less likely to see the gunship at LEGO con. The fact that the Mando sets aren’t revealed yet and that the reviews came out a few days early, I think many people will be disappointed. I think that focusing on reveals isn’t really LEGO cons main demographic

Slave 1 looks really good. I also like the stand included. Kind of hope that becomes a precedent in more sets going forward.

41 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

The light cruiser looks great! The interior is generous and idk what people were expecting. I think there could be a bit more room in the actual bridge and towards the back (similarly to the venator)

btw, it’s looking less likely to see the gunship at LEGO con. The fact that the Mando sets aren’t revealed yet and that the reviews came out a few days early, I think many people will be disappointed. I think that focusing on reveals isn’t really LEGO cons main demographic

My main reason for thinking it's the gunship is it says "a new set reveal". Set being singular, so it'd be weird if they revealed all the mando sets instead. Why not say "new set reveals"?

Wow! I'm really happy with how the new Slave I turned out. Obviously the 20th anniversary one is far superior but this is an excellent cheap alternative. I collect eveything LEGO Boba Fett so it was a must-have regardless. I totally didn't expect the cargo speeder that doubles as a stand, that's genius! Also, the Gamorean in carbonite is a nice touch. Btw, is that a flip out handle on the back or a seismic charge drop feature? I really hope it's the latter! I'm still not thrilled with the helmet and jetpack color but I still love the new Boba Fett minifig. 

The interior of Moff Gideon's Lightcruiser is about what I expected, not bad could be better. At least it has plenty of room to pose figures.

6 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

No doubt given the Book of Boba Fett releases in December. I'm hoping for a new Jabba's Palace (although that would also be a good candidate for next year's MBS set).

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Wow! I'm really happy with how the new Slave I turned out. Obviously the 20th anniversary one is far superior but this is an excellent cheap alternative. I collect eveything LEGO Boba Fett so it was a must-have regardless. I totally didn't expect the cargo speeder that doubles as a stand, that's genius! Also, the Gamorean in carbonite is a nice touch. Btw, is that a flip out handle on the back or a seismic charge drop feature? I really hope it's the latter! I'm still not thrilled with the helmet and jetpack color but I still love the new Boba Fett minifig. 

The interior of Moff Gideon's Lightcruiser is about what I expected, not bad could be better. At least it has plenty of room to pose figures.

I hate myself so, so much for this, especially because I was originally going to get this so I wouldn't buy the 20th one...but I'm definately buying both this and the 20th one. Someone please stop me before I sell my soul to buy the UCS one too.

2 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

No doubt given the Book of Boba Fett releases in December. I'm hoping for a new Jabba's Palace (although that would also be a good candidate for next year's MBS set).

Given how lego's dealt with controversy (though ironically they still deal with china's government, which should be super controversial), I doubt we'll see a set with the palace exterior or slave leia anytime soon. Best I can see is a set with the throne room and maybe the rancor pit underneath if that's in the show, but nothing with the exterior.

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I hate myself so, so much for this, especially because I was originally going to get this so I wouldn't buy the 20th one...but I'm definately buying both this and the 20th one. Someone please stop me before I sell my soul to buy the UCS one too.

Given how lego's dealt with controversy (though ironically they still deal with china's government, which should be super controversial), I doubt we'll see a set with the palace exterior or slave leia anytime soon. Best I can see is a set with the throne room and maybe the rancor pit underneath if that's in the show, but nothing with the exterior.

The UCS Slave I is the pride and joy of my collection, by far my favorite LEGO set and it was a wedding present from my wife to boot(I got her the Ideas treehouse). 

Honestly, I'd be totally fine with a $20 set of just Boba's throne with Boba and whatever the villain of tBoBF is going to be, in the vein of the Mandalorian Throne set... but better.

Edited by ToaDraco

13 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

If i put my bias towards Mandalore aside other duel sets feel 5 times better.

I kind of agree, I'm just not sure how I feel about this set. First off, it should definately be more like $10-15. Aside from that, I love that it's a small lego star wars set that's system scale, and I wish we had more that weren't weird duels with turntables. having $30 be the minimum cost of a star wars build-focused set is sad to me, growing up with $5-10 ninjago sets that were system scale. To be honest I don't think it's a duel set as in the starkiller base duel or mustafar duel, the duel subtheme if you will, it's just a small set depicting a duel.

11 hours ago, ood0 said:

This is true, we've never had a great interior.

39 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The UCS Slave I is the pride and joy of my collection, by far my favorite LEGO set and it was a wedding present from my wife to boot(I got her the Ideas treehouse). 

-has the UCS slave one

-wife likes legos

-has a wife

can I have your life? :laugh: People keep telling me that the UCS slave one is one of the best sets of all time, would you say I should try to hunt it down on bricklink/ebay? (big boba fett fan, but the UCS sets have always seemed a bit pricy for me)

39 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Honestly, I'd be totally fine with a $20 set of just Boba's throne with Boba and whatever the villain of tBoBF is going to be, in the vein of the Mandalorian Throne set... but better.

The sole reason I am purchasing the mandalore throne is so I can put boba and din on it.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I can't find one for a reasonable price on ebay/bricklink and going off how people here and on youtube talk about it I need if for my Boba Fett collection. 

Also kudos on finding a girl who likes Lego and you, I'm still looking.