MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Alright, thank you @MKJoshA. Unfortunately, Fulcrum has also endorsed this rumor. That being said, we can never be truly sure. 
On another note, I was going through this page that compiles all the upcoming sets—Lego 2021, Everything We Know by JediJacPenguin, and it has an unknown set on there—75369. He has Vader’s chamber and the forge as different numbers. Was there something I missed about that set?

50 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Alright, thank you @MKJoshA. Unfortunately, Fulcrum has also endorsed this rumor. That being said, we can never be truly sure. 
On another note, I was going through this page that compiles all the upcoming sets—Lego 2021, Everything We Know by JediJacPenguin, and it has an unknown set on there—75369. He has Vader’s chamber and the forge as different numbers. Was there something I missed about that set?

There was a rumor of a $200 UCS set we thought was the Gunship, with another prevailing theory being an MBS Endor. It sort of vanished back around February and hasn’t been seen or heard about since. It may just be a dropped number or they may be pulling a Grogu/Brickheadz deal and it’s for something down the line. 

8 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

There was a rumor of a $200 UCS set we thought was the Gunship, with another prevailing theory being an MBS Endor. It sort of vanished back around February and hasn’t been seen or heard about since. It may just be a dropped number or they may be pulling a Grogu/Brickheadz deal and it’s for something down the line. 

It’s not the cancelled set—he has that on there too, it’s a different one. Here, I’ll link it—https://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2021.htm.

10 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

It’s not the cancelled set—he has that on there too, it’s a different one. Here, I’ll link it—https://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2021.htm.

Interesting. So there’s still one last set we don’t know about. I’m really just hoping it’s an Obi-Wan Starfighter like please Lego it’s been 7 years

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Like some others have said, I just still don't know if I buy it.  It's possible recently that the license changed, given that there was some smoke around that lately, but l can't really believe that Hasbro has never had exclusivity.  On top of that, as others had said, leaking sets is one thing, but I think the legal consequences of breaching an NDA or something as part of a licensing contract would be much more serious, and it might be easier to trace where the leak came from.  But, I digress.

So, just to get this straight...75303 and 75369 are both listed as unknown on that site, with 75303 given a $200 price point and saying it's a UCS set.  75369 isn't given a name but other people have reported that's Vader's Meditation Chamber?

I don't really understand 75303 being ANOTHER UCS set.  We've got R2-D2 and the Gunship pretty much confirmed, Vader's Meditation Chamber is listed as 18+ so I assume it's a D2C, and then there's rumors of the UCS AT-AT and whatever 75303 is supposed to be.  I know there was some talk of the AT-AT not being a thing, but it doesn't seem like the source was that reputable (I think it was someone on Brickset?), and that $800 price point set has been there for like, 6+ months now.  Did something get lost in translation and 75303 isn't a real set (like, maybe it was R2-D2?).  I just can't see them releasing four UCS-type sets in one year.

Licensing is weird and very selective. In the prop building world one company has the license for cosplay helmets and one has the license for replica helmets. The only real difference between the two is the replica comes with a stand. So I'm sure the licenses between Hasbro and Lego star wars spell out what is allowed.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:16 PM, hondohnaka said:

Lowkey I agree. She’s got actual agency and she doesn’t just get carried around everywhere. When Grogu wanders off he has literally no means of survival until Mando swoops in and rescues him. Omega can put up somewhat of a fight and makes her own decisions rather then just wandering towards the nearest food source. A figure of her would not be hard at all, I’m sure there’s several Ninjago hairpieces that would work just fine, or they could (heaven forbid) do a custom mold for her little pendant. Side note, she looks insanely different when she takes the pendant off it’s actually bizarre. 

I'm trying to work out a purist custom of her as I can't wait until 2022 for an official figure.

9 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I agree, the Mortar Trooper looks great. I also agree that people need to give it a rest with the new Stormtrooper helmet, I prefer the old one too but it's clear at this point that LEGO has no desire to backpedal on this one like they did with the Rebel pilot helmet. Heck, the circumstances behind that decision may not have had anything to do with fan opinion anyway. The new Stormtrooper helmet is here to stay and we need to learn how to live with it. 

Another thing is that while the stormtrooper helmet change was controversial, the rebel pilot helmet change was universally despised. 

5 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

R2-D2 was that set. A $200 D2C, I believe people just used "UCS" as the style of the set.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

5 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Like some others have said, I just still don't know if I buy it.  It's possible recently that the license changed, given that there was some smoke around that lately, but l can't really believe that Hasbro has never had exclusivity.  On top of that, as others had said, leaking sets is one thing, but I think the legal consequences of breaching an NDA or something as part of a licensing contract would be much more serious, and it might be easier to trace where the leak came from.  But, I digress.

So, just to get this straight...75303 and 75369 are both listed as unknown on that site, with 75303 given a $200 price point and saying it's a UCS set.  75369 isn't given a name but other people have reported that's Vader's Meditation Chamber?

I don't really understand 75303 being ANOTHER UCS set.  We've got R2-D2 and the Gunship pretty much confirmed, Vader's Meditation Chamber is listed as 18+ so I assume it's a D2C, and then there's rumors of the UCS AT-AT and whatever 75303 is supposed to be.  I know there was some talk of the AT-AT not being a thing, but it doesn't seem like the source was that reputable (I think it was someone on Brickset?), and that $800 price point set has been there for like, 6+ months now.  Did something get lost in translation and 75303 isn't a real set (like, maybe it was R2-D2?).  I just can't see them releasing four UCS-type sets in one year.

To clear things up: 

75296: Darth Vader's Meditation Chamber - $69.99 - 663 pieces - 3 figs: Darth Vader, Admiral Piett, and a Stromtrooper - Late 2021

75303: Most likely cancelled

75319: Beskar Forge - $29.99 - 258 pieces - 3 figs: The Mandalorian, The Armorer, and Paz Vizsla - Late 2021

75369: Unknown - Still coming in 2021

I've just seen the pics of the Greef Karga & Mortar Trooper minifigs from the Imperial Troop Transport (75311) set. They look really good, especially the Mortar Trooper. So much so that I think that I'll have to pick up a few of them for my Imperial Army. :classic:

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm trying to work out a purist custom of her as I can't wait until 2022 for an official figure.

I can't wait until 2022 for an Omega minifig either!!

15 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

The new Stormtrooper helmet is here to stay and we need to learn how to live with it. 

I'm not keen on the new Stormtrooper helmet design, but I'm slowly learning to live with it.

8 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I just built 75301 today, its a great set in my opinion

I'm thinking about getting this set, as I don't have an X Wing.

I also can't wait until August to build another SW set, as my last official builds were two Imperial TIE Fighters (75300) when they were first released.

3 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

Thanks for clarifying! I wonder what this set could be *oh2* I’m hoping for something based on Mando or TBB, but of course it could be something completely out of left field like last year’s Galaxy’s Edge set or a pointless OT remake like the DS duel :tongue:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Thanks for clarifying! I wonder what this set could be *oh2* I’m hoping for something based on Mando or TBB, but of course it could be something completely out of left field like last year’s Galaxy’s Edge set or a pointless OT remake like the DS duel :tongue:

Or…uh…just to stir the pot…it could be a battle pack…dare I hope?

7 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

Which month do we expect the UCS Gunship to be released?

September as far as I am aware.

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

Were there ever any rumors on what 75303 was or was it always unknown?

Way back when we had the first few little rumours I believe that 75303 was originally pegged as a Microfighter build.  Traditionally we have been getting three of these, two single Microfighters and a Dual/Pair set.  At the end of the day through, only two Microfighter sets came out this wave, and the numbering does not line up.  They are 75295 Millennium Falcon Microfighter and 75298 AT-AT vs Tauntaun Microfighters.  Usually when we get Microfighters they line up in numerical sequence as It seems likely they are planned as a group fo release.

All that said, the numbering for this year's sets is all over the place with lots of gaps, so who knows.

We will see later this year I suppose.

Cheers :)

13 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

To clear things up: 

75296: Darth Vader's Meditation Chamber - $69.99 - 663 pieces - 3 figs: Darth Vader, Admiral Piett, and a Stromtrooper - Late 2021

75319: Beskar Forge - $29.99 - 258 pieces - 3 figs: The Mandalorian, The Armorer, and Paz Vizsla - Late 2021

Gotcha, thank you for clarifying.  Do you know if there was any credence to the talk that the AT-AT was cancelled, or was that just someone making things up?  The only reason I ask is because that'd make 3 UCS sets in a year, which, from what I can remember, is a first?

34 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Gotcha, thank you for clarifying.  Do you know if there was any credence to the talk that the AT-AT was cancelled, or was that just someone making things up?  The only reason I ask is because that'd make 3 UCS sets in a year, which, from what I can remember, is a first?

So, I posted the following comment back on April 20th, which may be the "source" to which people are referring when they say there's some doubt surrounding a fall UCS AT-AT:

"So, @hawkeye7269 on Brickset is saying we shouldn't "buy into" rumors about a UCS AT-AT this fall. Promobricks confirmed this rumor as true awhile back, though. Any news on that front? I've definitely been buying into the rumor."

I asked the person to clarify and never got a response. So, I think it may have just been them making things up, as that's the only time I've heard anyone dispute the AT-AT rumors. jedijacpenguin still has a price point of $800 and a 6,000+ piece count as confirmed, and I believe Promobricks said awhile back we "will" be getting a UCS AT-AT this year . Stonewars also feels confident this is the case, although I can't find the post in which they discussed it. All said, I think the AT-AT rumors are true and we'll be getting one later this year. Also, you are correct, we have never gotten three UCS sets in one year before, so another one in addition to the Gunship and AT-AT would be unprecedented, and honestly I don't think anyone would be able to afford all three (let alone the two already being released!).

14 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

To clear things up: 

Alright now I’m confused, which one of these is meant to be at the $800US pricepoint? The news thread has that one listed as 75313 which isn’t here. I thought the only unknown was the one that turned out to be the Mando forge and now there’s another unknown?

51 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Alright now I’m confused, which one of these is meant to be at the $800US pricepoint? The news thread has that one listed as 75313 which isn’t here. I thought the only unknown was the one that turned out to be the Mando forge and now there’s another unknown?

The $800 one is the AT-AT

Gotta be honest, each time I look at the Echo figure I like it less. The helmet is all wrong - the mouth, the shaping, the sizes of various printed parts, it really should've been a new mold. He's the one who needed one most, behind Tech. And only having one arm printed, they should've either left off the shoulder pad or put one on his other arm too. And the skirt is pathetic, it just cuts off.

Grabbed the Probe Droid from target the other day and it’s a solid build. The arms wobble too much and the back arms specifically are too small but otherwise it’s a really nice display model. Wish the pieces for the stand had gone into the build itself tho; seems to be a theme with this year. 

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

75313: Rumored to be an AT-AT - $799.99

3 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

75313: Rumored to be an AT-AT - $799.99

Ok, so even with the mando forge we just found out about there’s still another unknown set. Awesome, one more to help cripple my wallet.