MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

First Marvel, now this? Why does Lego screw EVERY reveal up so badly...

They seriously need to change the person(s) in charge if their marketing, mainly set reveals.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

First Marvel, now this? Why does Lego screw EVERY reveal up so badly...

They seriously need to change the person(s) in charge if their marketing, mainly set reveals.

I don’t think this was their fault.  Based on some Instagram posts, it seems like there were reveals of several toys planned today, but I guess they got pushed back last second to save any spoilers?

Does anybody know where the banner ads from S@H came from on the website? If they were under the May 4th tab, I'd imagine that it would be revealed by the end of tomorrow

Edited by avengers777

20 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I don’t think this was their fault.  Based on some Instagram posts, it seems like there were reveals of several toys planned today, but I guess they got pushed back last second to save any spoilers?

If so, that sucks because this has been a pretty lackluster May 4th so far.

At least we have a better picture of the set and it looks better and better. I'm definitely starting to think the canopy is printed which would be fantastic and the figures look amazing. Wrecker is definitely m6 favorite of the group so I'm very happy they made a new armor piece for him. I still think he should be more like Axl from Nexo Knights but he definitely would be harder to put in the shuttle so this is a nice compromise. I love how versatile the comic Iron Man helmet is. So many people hated it when it first was introduced but it's such a good piece. The figures themselves are damn near perfect. I'm sure we'll get a set down the line with Omega and her bow.

Edited by ToaDraco

4 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

If so, that sucks because this has been a pretty lackluster May 4th so far.

Yeah, I'm not sure, I'm not in the loop about the stuff for sure, but I did see at least one graphic that said stuff about toy reveals including Lego.  I have no idea if that was a retailer that screwed up and though it was getting revealed today, or if it was legitimately scheduled for a reveal today and then Lucasfilm pulled the plug at the last minute to protect spoilers.  The good news is that Episode 2 comes out on Friday and it seems likely they could push out any reveals by then, because most anyone that wants to watch the show and would care about spoilers will have likely seen Episode 1 by then.  Makes sense to get these reveals out while the hype is still there, too.

Advent Calendar description from @promobricks :

"Regardless of the leaked list of characters, we can confirm that the characters will be: Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, Tusken Raider, IG-11, the Mandalorian, and the Child. The latter two are supposed to be this year's Christmas figures. According to our information, both will get an exclusive, Christmas torso print.

We were also able to find out some of the mini builds for you. So there will of course be the Razor Crest, but also, for example, Cobb Vanths Speeder, a TIE Fighter, an X-Wing, a blue Landspeeder, a Tusken Ballista, an E-Web Blaster, an Imperial Troop Transport, Moff Gideon's cruiser and some Weapon stand. So you see: For the first time, only one topic is dealt with in the 75307 Star Wars Advent Calendar, in this case The Mandalorian."

Edited by avengers777

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

After watching the episode, man, I might need to buy this Shuttle!  I might just wait and see if we get any more sets with their figures next winter, and if not, buy it then.  Doesn’t need to be a day one purchase, but it’s grown on me after watching the show.

Minor spoiler for the episode - 

Hide contents

When they were heading to Onderron and Wrecker was trying to load the explosives, Tech said something along the lines of “That’s not going to fit” and Wrecker replied “I’ll make it fit.”  I couldn’t help but think of the fact that all of the minifigures may or may not actually fit in the shuttle! :tongue:

Same here. The shuttle build is super accurate and it'll be nice to have 5 of the 6 main characters in one set.

Spoiler

We haven't seen the speeders yet, but it totally seems reasonable that there'll be some scene where hunter in the lime speeder is being chased by crosshair in a BARC, and the Havoc marauder will show up for support.

There's a exchange between Tech, Echo, and Wrecker in the episode that reminds me of the earlier conversation about spoilers, which I thought was funny.

I really liked the opening episode and am definitely purchasing the shuttle very soon. I do hope we get another set soon, as they're missing 

Spoiler

Omega, who I was worried would be annoying like ezra and ahsoka were in the early episodes, but is actually really cool. 

Hopefully this is like clone wars s7 and mando where show popularity leads to more sets.

43 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hide contents

We haven't seen the speeders yet, but it totally seems reasonable that there'll be some scene where hunter in the lime speeder is being chased by crosshair in a BARC, and the Havoc marauder will show up for support.

There's a exchange between Tech, Echo, and Wrecker in the episode that reminds me of the earlier conversation about spoilers, which I thought was funny.

We saw Hunter riding the green speeder in one of the trailers. It'll presumably show up some time in the next couple of episodes.

1 hour ago, avengers777 said:

Reveal hidden contents

"Regardless of the leaked list of characters, we can confirm that the characters will be: Stormtrooper, Scout Trooper, Tusken Raider, IG-11, the Mandalorian, and the Child. The latter two are supposed to be this year's Christmas figures. According to our information, both will get an exclusive, Christmas torso print.

We were also able to find out some of the mini builds for you. So there will of course be the Razor Crest, but also, for example, Cobb Vanths Speeder, a TIE Fighter, an X-Wing, a blue Landspeeder, a Tusken Ballista, an E-Web Blaster, an Imperial Troop Transport, Moff Gideon's cruiser and some Weapon stand. So you see: For the first time, only one topic is dealt with in the 75307 Star Wars Advent Calendar, in this case The Mandalorian."

I swear,

Cobb Vanth‘s speeder

was just included to mock us :tongue: That‘s downright evil

2 hours ago, avengers777 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well dang I might have to buy that for the Christmas prints. Those sound dope. 

Well worst case Im sure the ship can be modified to fit like at least 2 people uncomfortably, or 3 very uncomfortably in the back section.

Remember people, we've had much bigger ships that - due to the way they were built - weren't able o fit many figures. Some ships consist of large wings and small cockpits while others are donut shaped and have small wings. Like Falcon, with a lot of interior while the Ghost of rebels had really bad interior.

On 5/4/2021 at 7:01 AM, PreVizsla said:

4 + snowspeeder

Luke wasn’t in this one but your point still stands 

Advent Callander sounds great this year. I saw a photo of a Hallmark ornament that was a LEGO stormtrooper wearing a blue ugly sweater, if it wasn’t fake maybe that will be included too?

4 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Hide contents

We saw Hunter riding the green speeder in one of the trailers. It'll presumably show up some time in the next couple of episodes.

I know, I was just saying that the rest of the scenario happening there is plausible.

14 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Advent Callander sounds great this year. I saw a photo of a Hallmark ornament that was a LEGO stormtrooper wearing a blue ugly sweater, if it wasn’t fake maybe that will be included too?

That design's from a plush of the lego stormtrooper in a light blue ugly sweater that's been around for over a year now, so I doubt it.

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Remember people, we've had much bigger ships that - due to the way they were built - weren't able o fit many figures. Some ships consist of large wings and small cockpits while others are donut shaped and have small wings. Like Falcon, with a lot of interior while the Ghost of rebels had really bad interior.

What annoys me is that the ship could, like the lambda shuttle, be able to fit at least 4 figures in the back area. Plus, there's a turret on the back (which hasn't been in set images yet but I can't imagine they'd leave it off), which should seat 1. I'll still get it even if just to display it with the figures on a plaque or something, and I still think it's a cool set overall, but it'll still be disappointing if it can't fit figures in it.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Aight, that's it. I'm buying the AC for the Christmas prints, the Havoc Marauder (Is that how they're going to brand it or will it be the Bad Batch Shuttle?), and the probe droid eventually. 

But how will they do Omega? New hair? Which legs?

I like the shuttle much more from that front view. The way the roof of the sides is built looks very slick. The cockpit looks fairly deep so it should seat at least two figures, and then surely there will be room for two inside? Unless they made space for the lime speeder inside instead. Maybe I'm dreaming.

19 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Aight, that's it. I'm buying the AC for the Christmas prints, the Havoc Marauder (Is that how they're going to brand it or will it be the Bad Batch Shuttle?), and the probe droid eventually. 

But how will they do Omega? New hair? Which legs?

I'm guessing midi legs, she seems to be in her early teens.

Somewhat off-topic but Omega's great, I usually find kids in star wars to be written and acted or VA'd annoyingly, but Omega was actually really well-done.

13 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I like the shuttle much more from that front view. The way the roof of the sides is built looks very slick. The cockpit looks fairly deep so it should seat at least two figures, and then surely there will be room for two inside? Unless they made space for the lime speeder inside instead. Maybe I'm dreaming.

I'm worried about this. l was looking at the main hull, trying to figure out how it could open, and the only way I can see if if the entire top, including the top wing, lifts off.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm worried about this. l was looking at the main hull, trying to figure out how it could open, and the only way I can see if if the entire top, including the top wing, lifts off.

Yes it looks like the top could either lift off or flip open like the latest Lambda, but only the centre portion of the top, not the sides sloping down to the wings. Even still, there should theoretically be room to seat a few figures in a line in that centre part of the hull running from the cockpit to the back.

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Somewhat off-topic but Omega's great, I usually find kids in star wars to be written and acted or VA'd annoyingly, but Omega was actually really well-done.

Ah man, you've totally ruined and spoiled the show for me! ... Just kidding, but let this be a warning to all you who are thinking about spoilers!

45 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm guessing midi legs, she seems to be in her early teens.

True her character is really great. She’s not Human Grogu like I was scared she would be. 

dammit at this point I’m preordering that dang ship CURSE YOU LEGO AND YOUR BARELY ACCEPTABLE DESIGNS WITH INCREDIBLE FIGURES

Edited by hondohnaka

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Oh it was Wedge,my bad.

wasn't there supposed to be set reveals yesterday? I don't know but usually they do..

And it would have been the best time to reveal the shuttle set. I don't understand Lego's marketing strategy :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh boy, I just noticed the grey speeder...

What the hell Lego :laugh_hard: 

Because it‘s a recolour of last year‘s BARC speeder? Or because its shape slightly ressembles a Technic Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular Double 4L? That‘s a bit of a stretch though :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

18 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Because it‘s a recolour of last year‘s BARC speeder? Or because its shape slightly ressembles a Technic Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular Double 4L? That‘s a bit of a stretch though :laugh_hard:

The first one. 

I mean it's literally the same build...

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The first one. 

I mean it's literally the same build...

It's a BARC speeder, so of course it's the same build :shrug_oh_well: Unless it's a different speeder in the show, but I haven't seen the episode yet