MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The set looks really good. The underside of the wings look neat too. Hoping for a decent interior. 

Still waiting to get a deal on it but damn it’s looking better every day. Tech’s helmet is megablocking gorgeous. 

I'm really glad to see people coming around on this (even if its just a little). I can kinda understand the cynicism of AFOLs and Collectors on this set, but as soon as I saw this thing it threw me back to being a kid and reminded me of my favorite lego star wars sets back then, back when I actually played and didn't just display. I think there is some real TMNT/A-Team magic that's going to develop with the bad batch show that will resonate with kids and the fact that kids just have to ask for one set and they can play endless bad batch adventures has me stoked. The perfect companion set to this would be an early empire shuttle with 3 elite squad troopers and a captured Omega. I'm still waiting to see the interior but come one! When was the last time lego put this much love into an ensemble cast, giving us the entire crew in one set with unique prints face prints, new armor prints, new molds, and alternate hair pieces instead of printing hair under the helmet. They never do this.

7 hours ago, ood0 said:

These figures are looking great so far, my only complaint is that, from what I can see, Echo doesn't have his droid brain thing wrapping around as far as they've done for Lobot in the past.

Also there's definitely no way Crosshair has a printed head in this set

Just saw another angle on the shuttle. I've warmed up to it a lot, it's just that piece they use for the windshield that lets it down. It should be straight, not curved.

It might be to "avoid spoilers", as lucasfilm doesn't seem to realize that everyone already knows about crosshair. (which would make this the third disney+ show this year where they make a super obvious twist and act like it's a huge reveal). Expect him to just be named "elite corps trooper" or something on the packaging.

These new images have me sold on the shuttle, I might get it even if the interior is lackluster. The figures are incredible and the new angles make the shuttle itself look much better.

It bugs me that there's a gap between the wings and the ship when in flight mode but I really like the set on the whole. They made a new armor mold for Wrecker! I fully expected them to print over an existing armor piece. The figures look fantastic so far, I can't wait to get my hands on it. If preorders go live Tuesday, I'm absolutely jumping on it.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It might be to "avoid spoilers", as lucasfilm doesn't seem to realize that everyone already knows about crosshair. (which would make this the third disney+ show this year where they make a super obvious twist and act like it's a huge reveal). Expect him to just be named "elite corps trooper" or something on the packaging.

These new images have me sold on the shuttle, I might get it even if the interior is lackluster. The figures are incredible and the new angles make the shuttle itself look much better.

iT wAs CroSsHaiR aLl aLoNg. I’m definitely trying to keep myself from buying it full price at this point. It needs mods like 75301 but the flight mode looks really surprisingly good. 

Edited by hondohnaka

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

I’m definitely trying to keep myself from buying it full price at this point. 

If it does go up for pre-order on Tuesday as Ryan suggested, would you get double VIP points upon buying it? I would buy it then to get $10 in points and the Lars Homestead.
Did anyone pre-order the Razor Crest during May the Fourth last year who could verify this?

Edit: I see @avengers777 asked this as well.

Edited by Bricky Dee Williams

For one, spoiler tags. You guys were going so well up until this page. Thanks again Eurobricks.

For two, I agree with @Alex_South, glad to see people coming around and it is indeed something I would’ve loved as a kid. The show really does look like A-Team in space and I think it will resonate, but for what it’s worth I’m still not entirely sold on the show myself. I didn’t really like the backdoor pilot episodes in TCW and I fear that the whole show will be about protecting the kid in the trailer... recycling the plot from The Mandalorian isn’t a good sign when the biggest complaint on Star Wars for the last few years has been a lack of original stories. 

If the show is a hit, I foresee this going the way of the Ghost (and potentially the Razor Crest, since I don't really see them re-making that either).  The figures do look really good, and I'm wondering if we get them in the future or if they're going to remain rare (ie: Zeb Orelleous).  I think at best, they become available in more sets, but they're sort of similar to Boba Fett figure prices, where he's not a particularly rare figure, but just due to demand, he hovers around $10-15 for most versions (not counting the very collectible ones like the UCS Slave I or either Cloud City version).  At worst, we only get one or two more Bad Batch sets, all somewhat expensive, and these guys are like $30+ each after this stuff retires.

Oh, and the figures look fantastic, by the way.  I don't want to put down $100 on the set but the figures alone are so good that it's almost tempting to buy it, hold onto it for a few years, then sell the model once it retires just to get the figures :laugh:

Edited by Kit Figsto

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It might be to "avoid spoilers", as lucasfilm doesn't seem to realize that everyone already knows about crosshair. (which would make this the third disney+ show this year where they make a super obvious twist and act like it's a huge reveal). 

Speak for yourself, I knew nothing of it until people mentioned it here. Where its not necessary to mention it. 

Therefore, not everyone knew about it. 

But good people and their good considerate nature towards other people never fail to do their bit for fandom and inform those lesser informed people to keep them up to speed whether they want to or not.... :thumbup:

I think this set is really cool overall. I like it.

The release date is confusing tho. Is it May 4th? Or is that just pre-order for August 1st? That would be really early tbh, but they've done weirder things with Razor Crest for example.

4 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

iT wAs CroSsHaiR aLl aLoNg. I’m definitely trying to keep myself from buying it full price at this point. It needs mods like 75301 but the flight mode looks really surprisingly good. 

Crosshair is the power broker confirmed.

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

It bugs me that there's a gap between the wings and the ship when in flight mode but I really like the set on the whole. They made a new armor mold for Wrecker! I fully expected them to print over an existing armor piece. The figures look fantastic so far, I can't wait to get my hands on it. If preorders go live Tuesday, I'm absolutely jumping on it.

Same here, I cannot wait to buy this. I've got gift cards I've been saving anyway, and this seems like as good a time as any to use it.

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Speak for yourself, I knew nothing of it until people mentioned it here. Where its not necessary to mention it. 

But good people and their good considerate nature towards other people never fail to do their bit for fandom and inform those lesser informed people to keep them up to speed whether they want to or not.... :thumbup:

Is it even still a spoiler if official merchandise like the black series figure outright confirms it?

It's a set discussion forum, we're discussing a set that has all of the bad batch except crosshair, as well as an imperial character with what looks like crosshair's helmet. They aren't really hiding it.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I really wish I didn't read this thread (very rare that I do anyway) because of the spoilers :sadnew:

I'd honestly be surprised if it wasn't revealed in the first or second episode of the show

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Is it even still a spoiler if official merchandise like the black series figure outright confirms it?

I'd personally say yes as merchandise isn't intended to be pre-release promotional material and most people aren't going to be studying action figure releases.

3 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'd personally say yes as merchandise isn't intended to be pre-release promotional material and most people aren't going to be studying action figure releases.

i mean, this entire thread is discussing building set leaks, so I don't think it's a huge jump to make. (and the spoiler isn't like a hidden detail or something, it's literally the name of the figure)

I haven't seen any plot leaks (at least any dealing with this plot point), but from the lego set alone they don't exactly seem like they're really trying to hide this all that much. 

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Exactly this.

If they didn't want people discussing that, they wouldn't have left out Crosshair from the trailer like they did. He's nowhere to be seen when they are escaping from Kamino, when they're with Rex and Saw. If pretty much every piece of promotional material looks like this, then we can't really pretend like they didn't want to plant this seed beforehand.

Edited by Stefanisimo

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean, this entire thread is discussing building set leaks, so I don't think it's a huge jump to make. (and the spoiler isn't like a hidden detail or something, it's literally the name of the figure)

Eh, well it's still a spoiler regardless of the context of the thread.  Though I've only now realised your question was rhetorical so apologies if I came of as aggressive.

Guys, it doesn't matter if 90% of you know the "spoiler." Until 2 weeks after the show's release we ask that you use spoiler tags. It's the polite and considerate thing to do. That and it's a rule here. So stop breaking the rule.

11 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Those are clearly s@h banners. Assuming that means preorders will go live on May 4... watch Australia miss out on the preorder again. 

You're probably right, can't remember if they did the Razor's Crest though...

7 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Guys, it doesn't matter if 90% of you know the "spoiler." Until 2 weeks after the show's release we ask that you use spoiler tags. It's the polite and considerate thing to do. That and it's a rule here. So stop breaking the rule.

Good to know. For future reference, how do you do that on mobile?

2 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Oh I agree fully. Deja vu for us two this is. I remember when we got shot down for arguing this case aswell. Surprised we both stayed on the forum. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's a set discussion forum, we're discussing a set that has all of the bad batch except crosshair, as well as an imperial character with what looks like crosshair's helmet. They aren't really hiding it.

Oh come on. I love you bro, but this is wrong. Please be more considerate. Many people have no interest in black series; you’re trying to claim as if it’s some holy grail which everyone looks at to get info.  

Edited by ArrowBricks

31 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Good to know. For future reference, how do you do that on mobile?

Use {spoiler} *spoilery text* {/spoiler}, just with square brackets instead of the curly ones in my example :wink:

Higher-res pics of the ads are out from last night - It's still a bit blurry, but Echo definitely has arm printing :wub:

Edited by avengers777