MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Looks like the AT-AT is not selling well. Not a single LEGO store sold out of their shipment here in LA County and in stores just outside of the AT-AT. It looks like the people who wanted the set jumped on it right away because of the GWP. Now the set is going to just collect dust. I personally do not plan to buy it. I am actually not a fan of UCS sets aside for the Sandcrawler that came out several years ago. I do enjoy the MBS sets though.

11 minutes ago, Something_Awesome said:

Looks like the AT-AT is not selling well. Not a single LEGO store sold out of their shipment here in LA County and in stores just outside of the AT-AT. It looks like the people who wanted the set jumped on it right away because of the GWP. Now the set is going to just collect dust. I personally do not plan to buy it. I am actually not a fan of UCS sets aside for the Sandcrawler that came out several years ago. I do enjoy the MBS sets though.

Sold out here in Seattle afaik area - granted they had enough until next day but they are just flat out based on talking to one of their employees.

Lego.com is sold out as well.

Popularity may not be outstanding - but they are selling and people are picking them up.

Now if FedEx would hurry up and stop delaying my order for the 3rd time....grumble. (Was supposed to be here yesterday - now arriving tomorrow - *cries*)

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I hate the last jedi more than anyone else, but this complaint is invalid. They are directly above a planet, gravity is in full effect.

Dead horse but they wouldn’t design a space bomber that can only work when it’s close to a planet. On its own, this’d be an insufficient explanation.

To the larger conversation, most fiction requires some suspension of dis-belief. Suspension isn’t the problem. The problem comes /after/ people selectively suspend beliefs based on the rules that've been established. (That’s what good fiction does: it immerses audiences into its world.) That immersion, though, is broken once the in-universe rules are broken. That’s when the problem occurs.

Edited by Pedilego

2 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Dead horse but they wouldn’t design a space bomber that can only work when it’s close to a planet. On its own, this’d be an insufficient explanation.

To the larger conversation, most fiction requires some suspension of dis-belief. Suspension isn’t the problem. The problem comes /after/ people selectively suspend beliefs based on the rules that've been established. (That’s what good fiction does: it immerses audiences into its world.) That immersion, though, is broken once the in-universe rules are broken. That’s when the problem occurs.

Now That is staying on target.

Well said sir.

4 hours ago, autolycus said:

You missed my point entirely: George made the decision to have the space combat within the SW universe look like WW2 air combat. He made that decision in 1975-1976

The entire trench run sequence was almost a shot to shot remake of the Dam Busters film from 1955

Lucas actually stated that he used images from the 1955 film to represent the finished shots for Star Wars before he started filming. This helped him to get the funding needed to make Star Wars.

4 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

Now you want to talk realism?

Go check out "The Expanse" - that's pretty damn close.

I do like how the Expanse has tried to interpret the real life effects of space travel. Severely underrated series. If Lego made a Rocinante I would buy it.

4 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

I do like how the Expanse has tried to interpret the real life effects of space travel. Severely underrated series. If Lego made a Rocinante I would buy it.

Oh come on now...we all know we'd rather call it "Screaming Firehawk" :)
Also would love to see the MCRN Donnager (sp?) :)

Guys, we have a thread for discussing movies. Please use that (found in my signature) instead of the 2021 Set thread.

On 12/3/2021 at 4:35 PM, Something_Awesome said:

Could be that people avoided the in-person shopping due to the Holiday and Black Friday. Easier to do online. Though LEGO has been making an effort to prioritize brick and mortar store stock vs, online. Neat to speculate. 

On 12/3/2021 at 5:35 PM, Something_Awesome said:

I mean, to be fair, it's not like the ISD was selling out until the pandemic hit from what I remember. Guess we'll have to see?

On 12/3/2021 at 2:35 PM, Something_Awesome said:

Or... they actually made and shipped enough of them to meet demand for once.

12 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

Thinking about R2 - D2 for Christmas - is it worth it?

The new UCS R2D2 is absolutely worth it! Great build, very enjoyable, and loads of neat features. It doesn't seem to be too different from the original UCS, though, so if you own the first version you might not want the second.

Just now, NathanR said:

The new UCS R2D2 is absolutely worth it! Great build, very enjoyable, and loads of neat features. It doesn't seem to be too different from the original UCS, though, so if you own the first version you might not want the second.

I do not own the first version - I was in my dark ages when it came out.

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew of any mods to the 75312 Boba Fett's Starship to have a seismic charge dropping feature or more seats. Thanks.

On 12/4/2021 at 1:22 AM, SquirrelArmy said:

The entire trench run sequence was almost a shot to shot remake of the Dam Busters film from 1955

Lucas actually stated that he used images from the 1955 film to represent the finished shots for Star Wars before he started filming. This helped him to get the funding needed to make Star Wars.

ever seen Kurosawa films? Some years ago I had a thing and binge watched them like crazy. One of them I thought like "this is exactly like the beginning of a new hope" - and later found out Lucas copied it even down to the dialogue. Weird person Lucas.. Lot of great ideas, lot of bad ideas and a lot of stuff taken directly from these and other older movies...

10 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew of any mods to the 75312 Boba Fett's Starship to have a seismic charge dropping feature or more seats. Thanks.

There's enough space if you replace the handle. I modded something first a mechanism but removed it due to the looks. Shouldn't be too hard to do a better one though! Problem is only the access.

I did manage to modify the Slave 1 to be able to squeeze in another minifigure (uncomfortably) and I'm very happy. Its not ideal and sacrifices some of the stability of the cockpit but it is good to be able to fit in Mando. 

As a general reminder we ask that everyone wait 2 weeks after an episode drops before talking publicly about the show. That allows everyone a chance to watch it without having things spoiled here on EB. Also, the place to talk about the show is this thread.