MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

39 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

Speaking of double VIP points, do they usually do that on Black Friday?

I'm not sure about previous years but I can confirm that last year they did run double VIP points on black Friday. I bought a few things myself 

1 hour ago, Alpha Draconis said:

I'm not sure about previous years but I can confirm that last year they did run double VIP points on black Friday. I bought a few things myself 

Doubt they'd do it on the at-at though. The falcon has been excluded before.

20 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Hello there 

General Brikkyy13! You are a bold one.

On 11/12/2021 at 3:40 PM, Friscorays said:

Hopefully their will be more stock of the Luke lightsaber GWP than there was with the Yoda lightsaber GWP but the Yoda set is currently selling on the secondary market for $113 plus so even if you are not interested in the Luke lightsaber set  based on its merits as a set, you might still be interested in it for other reasons....

This is why I'm wondering if I should risk getting it right away. I don't want to unless I sell the death star I've got up on bricklink, but if it sells like a day after and I miss out on the lightsaber GWP I'm gonna feel so dumb.

21 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

I think it's going to be similar to the Titanic situation - first batch will go out in minutes then backorders will kick in. If you are not in a hurry I'd wait for the next double VIP points (if you intend to get it online) or try reserving one in a lego store. I know my local lego store does that but you should give them a phone call or go there in person to book it. I'm not sure if that's a standard practice though

I have enough trouble spending my current VIP points, don't really need more. Definitely prefer to buy online, it's not easy for me to get to the nearest store and will be very hard getting home with a set of this size so it's far easier for me to get it delivered. Just wish they allowed you to use your reward points online.

3 hours ago, SquirrelArmy said:

I have enough trouble spending my current VIP points, don't really need more. Definitely prefer to buy online, it's not easy for me to get to the nearest store and will be very hard getting home with a set of this size so it's far easier for me to get it delivered. Just wish they allowed you to use your reward points online.

Unless there is something special about your local version of ShopLego.com then you can use VIP points online.  You just have to select the proper online token in the Rewards Centre.

Cheers :)

37 minutes ago, Omand said:

Unless there is something special about your local version of ShopLego.com then you can use VIP points online.  You just have to select the proper online token in the Rewards Centre.

I was using the internet browser on my phone, the online reward section is a lot further down the page. Thanks for pointing that out. 

1 hour ago, SquirrelArmy said:

I was using the internet browser on my phone, the online reward section is a lot further down the page. Thanks for pointing that out. 

No problem.

On 11/16/2021 at 2:08 PM, McMurder_them_softly said:

Midnight EST on 11/26 (12:00 AM). 

Thank you!  Guess I'll be up late. 

So as mentioned in the 2022 thread. The AT-AT has been reduced to £699. It’s still a lot but factoring inflation I will accept it. I couldn’t have been the only one upset 

2 hours ago, LDigital said:

So as mentioned in the 2022 thread. The AT-AT has been reduced to £699. It’s still a lot but factoring inflation I will accept it. I couldn’t have been the only one upset 

What was it before? $700 pounds is $941 USD which is already insane. I can't imagine paying over $800 USD for this.

1 hour ago, Eaglefan344 said:

What was it before? $700 pounds is $941 USD which is already insane. I can't imagine paying over $800 USD for this.

It was £750. We were shafted on the ISD too, with it costing the same as the Falcon at £650

3 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

The equivalent US price of $941.25 is what the Australian price of $1300 equates to. (edit: actually it is only US$940.95, its nice to know we are saving 30 whole cents compared to the British price!)

Does anyone know if the cantina might be restocked soon?  It would be nice to get the retro sign gift with purchase and double points during the vip weekend but since it hasn't been available for a while I'm not super hopeful that it will show up during the promotion.  Maybe for black friday?

Edited by KnightofRen83
Nevermind, it's available today

On 11/19/2021 at 7:59 PM, Whovastron said:

It was £750. We were shafted on the ISD too, with it costing the same as the Falcon at £650

Wasn’t the ISD the same price as the MF in all markets? so that wasn’t so unusual but the AT-AT being the same price as the ISD/MF in the US and Europe but £100 more in the U.K. was quite eyebrow raising so a £50 reduction is welcome.

4 minutes ago, Andyperkins said:

Wasn’t the ISD the same price as the MF in all markets? so that wasn’t so unusual but the AT-AT being the same price as the ISD/MF in the US and Europe but £100 more in the U.K. was quite eyebrow raising so a £50 reduction is welcome.

It was cheaper in the US compared to the Falcon

Folks in the UK/EU should bear in mind that US prices do not include sales tax (which is typically another 8-10% on top of the list price, depending on which state and city you live in) whereas prices in £ and € have VAT already built in... which if I'm not mistaken can be as high as 20% in some regions? So it's not really fair to do a straight dollars-to-euros-to-pounds currency conversion and expect equal results. 

Luke’s lightsaber includes a kyber crystal, represented by tr-light-blue 2x2 round bricks :thumbup: Nice attention to detail, now I wish Yoda’s counterpart included it as well

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Just talked to my local LEGO store here in OKC. They will be receiving 21 copies of the AT-AT for Black Friday. Someone called who lives four hours from the store and apparently will be leaving at about midnight to get here! Not sure how early I'll be going, but our store opens at 6 AM and I feel I may need to be there a few hours early to get a copy.

Not really sure how many people will find this info useful but for those in Slovenia (and possibly Austria/Balkan region) Mueller store has BB shuttle on discount for 80€ till the end of the year. Naturally I had to grab one myself. Check your local Mueller toy catalogue before you go shopping though 

On 11/24/2021 at 5:35 PM, Alpha Draconis said:

Not really sure how many people will find this info useful but for those in Slovenia (and possibly Austria/Balkan region) Mueller store has BB shuttle on discount for 80€ till the end of the year. Naturally I had to grab one myself. Check your local Mueller toy catalogue before you go shopping though 

Not interested in the BB shuttle per se but they usually have nice discounts across their range, I think a visit to the one in Kp is in order for the next time I cross the border, thanks for the info :)