MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Okay selection, if this rumour is true. Pretty much what one could expect. I'm also hoping for a snowtrooper commander and some arm printing although after glancing at some pictures of the characters I can't find any arm insignia or other noteworthy arm details on anyone besides maybe pilot Luke.

I wonder if TLG will include a speeder bike?

Also, 5 snowtroopers could point out to some pretty sizeable interior space

Well the difference is still that the gunship wasn't minifigscale. So there wasn't much sense in putting a bunch of figures that wouldn't fit inside.

Not saying a PII Cody + pilot wouldn't have been very very welcome + long overdue. Just that they require new molds with relatively little use outside of a few possible sets. I think except for the new Padme hair (which was used outside of SW) and the buildable figure heads, we didn't get a new prequel mold in 5 years (just my feeling, correct me if I'm wrong!).

16 minutes ago, astroboy75 said:

It leaked a few min on IG and then got deleted. Head looks like 16 studs high and 20 studs length. Legs 6x4. 

Seems it is up again...looks really good from what I can see. Need to see more though

it's back on IG but only top portion, lower part of the legs are not visible

Edit: I see a lot of us are refreshing IG like mad just to get a glimpse :classic:

Edited by Alpha Draconis

Well there it is.

I really really wanted it all year but now I’m looking at it and I’m not sure what to think. I hope it has a good interior 

6 minutes ago, LDigital said:

Well there it is.

I really really wanted it all year but now I’m looking at it and I’m not sure what to think. I hope it has a good interior 

I hear ya. The studs on the legs...waiting for video reviews/better images. 

12 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I hear ya. The studs on the legs...waiting for video reviews/better images. 

Yeah, it’s very Lego looking. I think the first thing I will end up modding is adding loads of tiles to clean it up

Edited by LDigital

Huh. I'm not entirely sure what I was expecting but I'm disappointed. I don't know what it is, but something just seems off. The inside playing of the legs at least doesn't look very good.

I think after seeing 5 lego at-ate at play scale it’s very hard for me to understand how big this is until I actually see it next to a fig or a person. I had the same issue trying to visualize the size of the gunship. 

does the viewport on the “nose” look funny to anyone else? Too pointy?

I mean safe to say I’ll get this eventually, but I’m feeling a lot of relief that I didn’t hesitate on ordering the titanic.

Edited by Archer

I mean... it looks like a lego at-at. We've seen those before. For me, a lot will depend on size and scale. Because though I want it, I always knew it wouldn't be exciting off the bat because .... its a lego at-at. We've seen them before.

Some other pics of the AT-AT leaked. Full interior, looks straight out of a cross sections book. One of the five snowtroopers is technically a commander and Veers gets dual molded legs. 

5 minutes ago, Childish_Landino said:

Some other pics of the AT-AT leaked. Full interior, looks straight out of a cross sections book. One of the five snowtroopers is technically a commander and Veers gets dual molded legs. 

that's fantastic... but not for my wallet :classic:

I don't care for the interior except for the cockpit, which I am happy can accommodate Veers and the two pilots, but this looks like another UCS Star Destroyer situation where the set begs to be modded with more tiles and textures to reach its full potential. I'm eager to see official HD pictures and get the measurements of the set. I'll wait for the CAD price before making any decisions (I expect it to cost around the 1K mark :cry_sad:). I was lukewarm on 75252 before it came out but now, after modding it, it's one of my absolute favorite sets.

EDIT: I spy a weird tool needed to bend the legs? On the bottom right of the back of the box, it's like a locking mechanism needs to be unscrewed for the legs to be able to move. If it is what I think it is, it's a good solution to the problems with stability while maintaining some mobility.

Edited by Terrasher

The interior is perfect :pir-love: two speeders and look at all those cold assault stormtroopers! Looks awesome, will get it eventually.

6 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

I don't care for the interior except for the cockpit, which I am happy can accommodate Veers and the two pilots, but this looks like another UCS Star Destroyer situation where the set begs to be modded with more tiles and textures to reach its full potential. I'm eager to see official HD pictures and get the measurements of the set. I'll wait for the CAD price before making any decisions (I expect it to cost around the 1K mark :cry_sad:). I was lukewarm on 75252 before it came out but now, after modding it, it's one of my absolute favorite sets.

this.

I am merely a commenter as I never would hav any desire to get such a set anyway.
... but still: dear Lego designers, either go with a "full studs on one surface"-version or "almost no studs version". Because if you look at a picture or non-Lego models and then at the Lego model - it looks like it has some skin condition or something.. It's an easy fix with tiles, but this I'd only do for a 120 bucks set - not for a 400 or 800€ set...

I think this messy way of putting tiles with studs and then again no studs also messes with the texturing. Also I think the window part at the front is really weeird and doesn't look accurate. Compared to alternative brick-brands Lego could really up their game here...

...interior though looks incredible though. And it is a set which deserves a good interior I think.

The interior is definitely based directly on the Incredible Cross-Sections books, with the blue-grey seats, stacked speeder bikes, trapezoidal engine pod, and so on. I'm VERY pleased with that.

EDIT: Also, I can't tell for certain, but it looks like the AT-AT drivers may be exclusive as well, since from the interior shot it looks like their heads are light grey rather than nougat.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

The other minifigs don't appear to be exclusive but we do get the dual molded officer legs from the ISD again for Veers at least. 

Am I seeing this right - is there some sort of an adjustment tool appliance behind the UCS plaque that lets you adjust/move the legs?

Edited by Alpha Draconis

34 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Am I seeing this right - is there some sort of an adjustment tool appliance behind the UCS plaque that lets you adjust/move the legs?

It seems like it, at least for the knee joints. I wonder if it'll apply to the hips (?) and ankle ones as well. Quite a nifty solution I think, although I'm not sure how often it'll get used.

Well, for a great honking mass of light bley it looks decent enough. I was never going to get it but they seem to have done a good job, the interior almost looks like it was intended to be displayed open à la Incredible Cross-Sections as others have suggested, which is nice.

2 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I wonder if it'll apply to the hips (?) and ankle ones as well

One of the photos shows them using the tool on the hips as well as the knees. Very keen to see how that works out.

Also looks like the cannons on the head might move in tandem as well which is perfect