MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

27 minutes ago, lowlead said:

I turn the monotony into a challenge by assembling the 4 legs simultaneously - two per the instructions and the other two are mirrored.  Works especially well with an AT-AT. 

I do this with wings, legs, engines, anything doubled or mirrored. Usually great, though I remember I looked for a missing panel on the U-wing for ages before realizing it was a slightly different pattern on the other wing.

I do that too.  It makes building X-wings, TIE fighters, and Y-wings so much faster!

Do we have any news about the UCS AT-AT ? I need to decide on the funds, should i reserve them for this thing or it will be yet another pass. I dont like this secrecy from Lego side, especially on such expensive things. The only good thing is it will be here for the next year or more, so i dont need to get it immediately. I could save 150eur on the Falcon if i did not needed it day 1 - at least it was fun time waiting 3h before opening with 6 other crazy people :D

23 hours ago, LDigital said:

Hopefully early November. 

It's so close to November, I'm surprised there haven't been any leaks!

2 minutes ago, mink66 said:

It's so close to November, I'm surprised there haven't been any leaks!

Yeah, while I'm not expecting the official reveal until 2 weeks before Black Friday it is amazing that the only info we have is the price and piece count. That being said I think we only got the info on the Gunship one week before it's reveal.

19 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Based on SolidBrixStudios cryptic post, I suspect he may have received a review copy of the UCS AT-AT.

Where is he’s post?

19 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Based on SolidBrixStudios cryptic post, I suspect he may have received a review copy of the UCS AT-AT.

Just now, Fuppylodders said:

That surely means leaks are due any day now...

my thoughts exactly. Using a recent example: I suspect Titanic leak happened because one of LAN member's picture of their review copy got out either intentionally or unintentionally. The leak was on the 29th September and embargo got lifted on October 7th however I don't think that Titanic leak happened on the exact date that review copy was received. Taking some time buffer in account I expect AT-AT review embargo lift in less than 2 weeks from now

Good to know we're getting close to the official reveal of the UCS AT-AT. I'd be surprised if TLG announced anything before the 8th, which is when the Titanic becomes readily available in stores and online. I'd imagine TLG would want to space out the release and the announcement of their two most expensive sets of the year. Did we get a teaser with the UCS Star-Destroyer? I remember the box leaked a few weeks or days before it was revealed.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:54 AM, Archer said:

I'm looking at that Titanic set and I'm looking at the funds I've been saving for nearly a year for the UCS AT-AT. I'm suddenly not sure if I really need more Light Gray panels and greebling in my collection.

Titanic all the way !!

On 10/31/2021 at 11:09 AM, KevinYoung said:

Titanic all the way !!

Thats what I went with!

BTW anyone keen on a day 1 AT-AT may want to observe what went down with the Titanic (Too soon?). I mean we kind of expect things to go to backorder quickly (Cantina) but last night was a speed I've only seen for highly anticipated IP sets. Throw in that SW D2Cs sell out fast in a good year it may be madness trying to snag an AT-AT.

Edited by Archer

59 minutes ago, Archer said:

Throw in that SW D2Cs sell out fast in a good year it may be madness trying to snag an AT-AT.

plus, there's probably going to be a highly sought after GWP, Anakin's lightsaber (did I stutter?), and anyone wanting to get it day 1 has odds really stacked against them. I may be one of those people, if I manage my budget right this month 

No sorry for the alarm, I meant around availability. I was planning on getting this day 1 but I’m worried I may miss out now

It'll likely be a UCS Falcon situation. Difficult to acquire right out of the gate but becomes easier (still not consistently in stock). I hope I am wrong, really want this to be a day 1 pickup as well. Maybe there will be limits of 1 per person?

So be it. I bought my UCS Falcon much later, with double VIP points, and now I’m gonna spend those on the UCS AT AT, whenever that is available.

Good news for me. No pressure on buying this set by figures, because I collected about 95 % of the parts for the brickvault AT-AT...

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The UCS AT-AT allegedly includes 9 minifigs: Luke, Veers, 2 drivers, and 5 Snowtroopers.

Cue the outrage in 5,4,3… :tongue:

Where did you see this? 

Also, that's an awesome selection (my opinion anyways)! Only way to make it better would be having a snowtrooper commander (again just my opinion).

Edited by McMurder_them_softly