MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 minutes ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

So let me try to make a summery:

75320 - $20 Hoth Battle Pack

75321 - $10 Razor Crest Microfighter

75322 - $60 Hoth AT-ST

75323 - Republic Fighter Tank?

75324 - $30 Luke vs. Dark Troopers

75325 - [Unknown]

75326 - $100 Boba Fett's Palace

75327 - Luke's Helmet

75328 - Mandalorian's Helmet?

75329 - $60 Death Star Battle (TROS?)

75330 - $80 Yoda's Training

Do I have my numbers right? My prices right? I've been trying to keep up but I've lost track of what's been confirmed. 

This looks like a large January wave, which is awesome! Or I suppose that'll be broken up between January, April, and May. 

8 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Haven't watched any of the Mandalorian yet (so maybe I am rambling on incoherently over a scene I have interpreted as incorrect), but the reason I am not too keen on the idea is that it ties into the Skywalker family again, one of Rogue One's main criticisms from film critics was that it couldn't resist including Leia, when it really was a) creepy and b) wasn't necessary. The same would apply to the hallway scene, when the galaxy is trying to be expanded, why bring it back to the same family once again? Relatively minor characters like Boba Fett are great as they provide consistency and give them more attention, but including such a major, and to that point, irrelevant, character feels forced and unnecessary.

Disney absolutely defecated all over Luke in the sequel trilogy.  The hallway scene and beyond in the last episode of Mando season 2 was to finally show how good Luke really was.  Look, I grew up on Star Wars, I was born in 77 and remember watching RotJ in the theaters.  I role played Star Wars as a kid like some kids do "Cops and Robbers".  I've read most of the EU books that took place after RotJ, which are now called "Legends".  Luke was, well, he was pretty powerful, and it was pretty nice to finally see that on screen.  Now if they could only figure out a way to fix Han, who is actually my favorite Star Wars character.  

On topic...

I'm looking forward to the Landspeeder.  I started collecting Star Wars Lego in 99', and the landspeeder is the first set I bought.  With that I think it would be very cool to have a UCS version of the first Star Wars set I bought.

I wonder if one of those unknown sets could possibly be a dual microfighter set? This would be the first year since 2017 that we haven’t gotten one I believe.

1 hour ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

75322 - $60 Hoth AT-ST

75325 - [Unknown]

75327 - Luke's Helmet

Do I have my numbers right? My prices right? I've been trying to keep up but I've lost track of what's been confirmed. 

Just a few things to add: 
AT-ST is $49.99 USD
Republic Fighter Tank isn't confirmed (I'm doubtful of its existence) 
75325 is $59.99 USD

1 hour ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

75322 - $60 Hoth AT-ST

75325 - [Unknown]

75327 - Luke's Helmet

Looks like a decent set list! Exciting. 

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

. I feel like he usually appears in expensive sets, is that wrong? The last cheap (ish) one I can think of is Jabba's skiff, but I'm not even sure he was in that.

I think he was in an advent calendar? I'm sure I used the AC version and added it to the skiff scene I'd made, so around the time that model came out. Otherwise yeah I think it's the expensive duels and death Star sets.

3 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

This looks like a large January wave, which is awesome! Or I suppose that'll be broken up between January, April, and May. 

Helmets are April, but most of the rest (if not all) should be January releases.

It's probable that we still won't get another release of a white phase 2 clone at this time. I will be pleased if we do, but am not going to hold my breath. At this point the only reason I can think why we still havent got another version is that lego thinks they are interchangeable with stormtroopers. I hope i'm wrong.

Is it possible that 75325 is another statue?  Those seem to hover around that $60-80 price point and we've had them for two years in a row now with D-0 and the Probe Droid, so I feel like there's a nonzero chance that's what that set is, especially considering the helmet info has also leaked.  The numbers seem weird since it'd be right in between a bunch of system scale stuff, but the helmets are also before a couple of sets that we're assuming are probably system scale.

Edited by Kit Figsto

7 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

…so I feel like there's a nonzero chance that's what that set is…

Someone’s been watching Foundation…

The Dark Trooper set sounds great. Its nice to be able to acquire a number of them for an affordable price rather than having a single figure locked behind a massive paywall.

3 hours ago, Bobbtom said:

It's probable that we still won't get another release of a white phase 2 clone at this time. I will be pleased if we do, but am not going to hold my breath. At this point the only reason I can think why we still havent got another version is that lego thinks they are interchangeable with stormtroopers. I hope i'm wrong.

You know, this comes up a lot, but I don't think it's justified. Plain white P2 troopers seem to have been virtually nonexistent under the Republic. They were pictured in promotional material around Revenge of the Sith, but if they're actually in the movie anywhere it's only for a fraction of a second (the gunner on the Guarlara might be, but you can only see the back of his head; or maybe some blurry figures in the background in the Jedi Temple hangar, although the other troopers there are 212th). There are a handful in TCW, but they don't come up remotely as often as plain P1 troopers did--there are some in the background on Anaxes, for example, and the armor Fives stole when he was a fugitive on Coruscant was plain, but overall they make up only a tiny fraction of all the troopers we see. If anything, LEGO has released more figures of them than their prominence in-universe calls for, relative to troops from virtually any specific unit. The Bad Batch is the first time they've shown up on-screen in any prominent role, so it will make much more sense to have them in the TBB sets that will presumably show up at some point than it does to put them in random RotS or TCW sets.

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Someone’s been watching Foundation…

Or Batman versus superman, in which case we need to take the chance of that set being a statue as an absolute certainty in order not to be disappointed if it is.

51 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

You know, this comes up a lot, but I don't think it's justified. Plain white P2 troopers seem to have been virtually nonexistent under the Republic. They were pictured in promotional material around Revenge of the Sith, but if they're actually in the movie anywhere it's only for a fraction of a second (the gunner on the Guarlara might be, but you can only see the back of his head; or maybe some blurry figures in the background in the Jedi Temple hangar, although the other troopers there are 212th). There are a handful in TCW, but they don't come up remotely as often as plain P1 troopers did--there are some in the background on Anaxes, for example, and the armor Fives stole when he was a fugitive on Coruscant was plain, but overall they make up only a tiny fraction of all the troopers we see. If anything, LEGO has released more figures of them than their prominence in-universe calls for, relative to troops from virtually any specific unit. The Bad Batch is the first time they've shown up on-screen in any prominent role, so it will make much more sense to have them in the TBB sets that will presumably show up at some point than it does to put them in random RotS or TCW sets.

They’re in the Gunship with Yoda, Obi, & Mace on Coruscant, and are there with Tarful when it lands. Not prominent but more than a blurry image.

Off the top, yep, Fives conspiracy, the final episode of the droid arc, the S7 SOM arch (behind Jesse during the accusation & half of the burial helmets are plain P2s), and more.

It’s also a matter of them being compatible with any other army/general that arguably makes them the best Clone, despite screen time, for play purposes.

Quick question, do we know which version of Mando is coming in the microfighter? This might be weird but I'm hoping it's the non-Beskar version, since I don't have him yet and he isn't available in any cheap sets. 

12 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Almost every other set (including this wave's microfighter) has included the Mandalorian though, it's not like he's in short supply. Given that I'm grateful he's not in the set - Beskar Mando is already well on his way to becoming the next Farmboy Luke meme.

I'm glad the dark troopers are getting a set, but their appearance has been so limited (notwithstanding Legends where I know they were a bit more prevalent) that personally I'm not really interested in getting any. That said I did skip the Final Duel set and don't have an updated RotJ Luke yet... I feel like he usually appears in expensive sets, is that wrong? The last cheap (ish) one I can think of is Jabba's skiff, but I'm not even sure he was in that.

I meant in another way. I'm glad this set doesn't include Mando, but the fact that Lego could make a set based on The Mandalorian, that includes only Luke and droids definitely makes me feel like there's something wrong with this series as a whole.

32 minutes ago, Meadius said:

Quick question, do we know which version of Mando is coming in the microfighter? This might be weird but I'm hoping it's the non-Beskar version, since I don't have him yet and he isn't available in any cheap sets. 

We don't. 

I also hope it's the non-Beskar one tho, as you can get that one in cheap, available sets. The other one you can't. 

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

They’re in the Gunship with Yoda, Obi, & Mace on Coruscant, and are there with Tarful when it lands. Not prominent but more than a blurry image.

If we're talking about the same scene, all the clones I can see on the ground there are 41st Elite Corps (the light grey markings just aren't very obvious in that lighting). The ones in the gunship behind Mace and Obi-Wan are an interesting case, because at the beginning of that scene (40:22 on the Disney+ version, for example) they seem to be plain, at least over the parts between their shoulders and knees; but by the time the gunship lands they're also 41st Elite. You can see the grey shoulders and belt at 41:06, although granted only for a moment. It's easier to spot that the turret gunner visible behind Yoda when the gunship's in flight definitely has white shoulders, while the one visible in the landing sequence is clearly 41st (assuming they're intended to be the same, of course--the gunners aren't a continuity error because they might just be different and we happen to only see one at a time, but I think it's more likely that the entire crew changes color between the flight and landing sequences). Regardless, plain troopers definitely do show up occasionally in TCW, so they're certainly an appropriate figure to make despite not featuring much in the movie. My only point there was that it's been just as long since they made shocktroopers, 212th, Wolfpack, 91st Recon, and so on, not to speak of the Star or Nova Corps, so I don't think it makes a lot of sense to be grousing about LEGO not being able to tell them from stormtroopers when they're receiving equal treatment as much more prominent variants.

On a related note, wow, there sure were a lot of new clones released in 2014. That was quite the year for the GAR.

I wonder how Lego is going to handle next summer’s wave. For 2020, it was a blend of sets from all eras and had sets from each trilogy, The Clone Wars, Mando and Galaxy’s Edge. For 2021, it was almost entirely fixated on the Disney+ shows with more sets for Mando and Clone Wars, as well as a set for The Bad Batch and a few OT/PT sets. Now by the time the next summer wave comes out, The Book of Boba Fett, Kenobi, Andor and The Bad Batch Season 2 would presumably all have aired or still be airing.

I’m also curious to see if they’ll put out more Mando sets to coincide with that release. They know sets from the show sell like hot cakes now, so I guess it depends if Lucasfilm gives them enough material to do non-spoilery sets around when that season comes out.

EDIT: Apparently, Book of Boba Fett starts steaming December 29th. In that case, it’s kinda awesome that the Boba Fett Palace set will drop just a couple days after the show starts.

Edited by The Stud

12 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I don't know if this is a fair assessment of the fandom cause a lot of us grew up on TCW, not the prequels so when we think of clones not as background in ROTS but the starts of TCW. Now we want clones armies from the show no matter the legion/color and so white clones just fit in there. The reason the white clone is so popular is because of its versatility with each legion and Jedi. They're perfect for whatever type of moc or build you might wanna make based of the Clone Wars. Therefore regardless of their screentime, of which they still have tons compared to some of the troops Lego has given us, they should be made available in a $15-$30 set to from Bad Batch this year. 

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I wonder how Lego is going to handle next summer’s wave. For 2020, it was a blend of sets from all eras and had sets from each trilogy, The Clone Wars, Mando and Galaxy’s Edge. For 2021, it was almost entirely fixated on the Disney+ shows with more sets for Mando and Clone Wars, as well as a set for The Bad Batch and a few OT/PT sets. Now by the time the next summer wave comes out, The Book of Boba Fett, Kenobi, Andor and The Bad Batch Season 2 would presumably all have aired or still be airing.

I’m also curious to see if they’ll put out more Mando sets to coincide with that release. They know sets from the show sell like hot cakes now, so I guess it depends if Lego gives them enough material to do non-spoilery sets around when that season comes out.

EDIT: Apparently, Book of Boba Fett starts steaming December 29th. In that case, it’s kinda awesome that the Boba Fett Palace set will drop just a couple days after the show starts.

I think we'll see a similar breakdown as last year. Many OT for the start of the year with two or three non-OT (Microfighter, Palace, Hallway scene) then we'll see maybe 2 Mando, 1 Boba, 1 Kenobi, 2 BB, and 2 OT sets during the summer. Though I would rather they take a break from OT and release only new stuff that kind of wave with some diversity would be great for a summer wave after or while the new D+ shows are streaming. 

Also after the Republic Tank, and Dark trooper rumors this wave is getting better but to me is still disappointing seeing as Lego will have so much D+ content to go off they shouldn't be releasing only 3 non-OT sets. Visions could have had 1 set this wave and TCW should probably also have one (and I don't give any weight to the Tank rumor cause it feels so fake). However, if the sets look incredible then I'll have to bite my tongue but right now I'm just kind of disappointed. 

I expect this has already come up, but I don't recall... But the recent discussion has me wondering... 

How does marvel manage to get sets to things sooo recent and relevant and star wars just gets trickles and scraps here and there, playing it safe often and going back to the OT for safety...? 

Marvel doesn't throw back to the main characters/stuff too often does it, that it ends up blocking ability to get much new stuff...? The only thing I see frequent, is Tony starks iron man armours in any of its many variants, and given they appear to be covering a huge amount of different armour variants, even that doesn't seem too bad. Other than that, it seems well balance-but that's from a mediocre fan perspective, I don't follow it too much. 

So why does star wars have to keep reverting back to the OT when marvel has been out 13 years with iron-man and 9 years with the first avengers film and they don't keep reverting back to then...? 

What am I not getting...? 

32 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

So why does star wars have to keep reverting back to the OT when marvel has been out 13 years with iron-man and 9 years with the first avengers film and they don't keep reverting back to then...?

As much new Star Wars content as we may be getting, it's nothing compared to how fast Marvel stuff has been coming out. This is a particularly extreme case, but in the 365-day period between 9 July 2021 and 8 July 2022, there are going to be SEVEN Marvel movies and all or part of at least three and possibly as many as seven new shows (depending on when in 2022 Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and Secret Invasion are released). Of course that's because the stuff that was supposed to be released in 2020 got pushed forwards, and they don't usually keep up that kind of schedule, but they've had either two or three movies every year since 2012, plus the shows and whatnot. There just isn't time to have many sets based on anything except new content. Plus, there are way fewer Marvel sets than Star Wars sets overall--they only do around 20 sets per year, while Star Wars gets about twice that.

EDIT: And, despite all that, there was actually a set based on Iron Man 1 released this year--76190 Iron Monger Mayhem. What can you do. :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

5 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

As much new Star Wars content as we may be getting, it's nothing compared to how fast Marvel stuff has been coming out.

And more than that, almost all the new content since Rise of Skywalker isn't out yet. Yes, we're getting a load of shows next year, but there's hardly going to be sets from Andor out already, so from a Lego-release POV they're immaterial. IIRC the only significant release since Rise of Skywalker is the Mandalorian, and we've had everything important from that covered now apart from Peli Motto.

I may be in the minority here, but I can't help but sigh a little when we've just had one of the finest non OT waves in history and are still unhappy that we have some (still only) rumours that winter 2022 is going to include some OT. 

As someone, I don't remember who, on this fine forum once said... the PT, ST, EU, etc.... Are the icing on the cake of the OT. But they are not the cake.

There is plenty of PT stuff that has seen more re-releases over the years than some OT stuff. Spider droid vs TIE bomber, for example!

They have to keep everyone happy. 2021 has been a lovely year for fans of every era of Star Wars (ST fans maybe feeling a bit shortchanged). Early rumours for 2022 seem to promise more of the same. Fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

....and we've had everything important from that covered now apart from Peli Motto.

I wouldn't mind a Blue Biscuit Kid minifigure, but ho hum.

17 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I may be in the minority here, but I can't help but sigh a little when we've just had one of the finest non OT waves in history and are still unhappy that we have some (still only) rumours that winter 2022 is going to include some OT. 

As someone, I don't remember who, on this fine forum once said... the PT, ST, EU, etc.... Are the icing on the cake of the OT. But they are not the cake.

There is plenty of PT stuff that has seen more re-releases over the years than some OT stuff. Spider droid vs TIE bomber, for example!

They have to keep everyone happy. 2021 has been a lovely year for fans of every era of Star Wars (ST fans maybe feeling a bit shortchanged). Early rumours for 2022 seem to promise more of the same. Fingers crossed.

I wouldn't mind a Blue Biscuit Kid minifigure, but ho hum.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm actually greatful for the upcoming hoth wave (hypocritically?) - it's literally my dream OT wave! And think they've done a really decent current wave of Mandalorian (as well as the razorcrest)... Completely agree about 2021. I just kinda feel there's a lot more that is plenty popular enough that hasn't been tapped into that could have been (*could have been after the ST*) when marvel new stuff gets tapped into non stop. They don't wait to see how popular a certain film might be, they're just all over it. 

But with star wars, they throw plenty of OT stuff in the mix frequently enough. 

Given how popular star wars is, and how popular marvel is, I'm just wondering why marvel doesn't do that, and star wars feels the need to when there literally is sooo much more star wars to be tapped into. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

22 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

[...] is the Mandalorian, and we've had everything important from that covered now apart from Peli Motto.

Kuiil, the Client, Pershing, Cobb Vanth, and Ahsoka would like to have a word with you :tongue:

3 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Given how popular star wars is, and how popular marvel is, I'm just wondering why marvel doesn't do that, and star wars feels the need to when there literally is sooo much more star wars to be tapped into. 

You could argue that the Marvel equivalent are the random Spidey sets. Not in terms of nostalgia or iconicity of course, bur rather them playing it save :laugh: