MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

13 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So this battlepack isn’t really a bp, but rather set based on that scene of Luke fighting Darktroopers on Gideon’s ship. Ok, I’m fine with this as long as they don’t call this set a bp.

They never even called a 501st set a bp nor did brickset, it was just community members spreading nonsense. This is a 30$ set that leakers are calling a battlepack cause you can buy multiple of which is the same with imperial marauder and tie fighter from this year.

5 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Do we think Luke will get at least a new torso? I really hope he does, but I could absolutely see LEGO not doing that. 

I suspect not, but I'm expecting a black hood piece and a cape, along with the hairpiece.

49 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Do we think Luke will get at least a new torso? I really hope he does, but I could absolutely see LEGO not doing that. 

No, his outfit is pretty much his black robes from the end of ep 6 with cape and hood. They will probably reuse ep 6 Luke minifigure.

Edited by benderisgreat

And in light of this news, I take back anything negative I've said about this wave. Between the Darktrooper "battlepack" and Boba's Palace, this wave is already miles ahead of this year's first wave :laugh: And we still don't know everything!

4 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Dark troopers in a 30EUR set... I wonder if it'll be based on Tython seeing as we've already had the cruiser.

Equally, I guess this puts paid to the Republic tank rumour, as this takes up the price point I assume it would've had. Oh well.

I thought there were 2 $30 sets?

3 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

So this battlepack isn’t really a bp, but rather set based on that scene of Luke fighting Darktroopers on Gideon’s ship. Ok, I’m fine with this as long as they don’t call this set a bp.

They didn't even call the 501st BP a battlepack. Between the two battle I mean, "accessory" packs, the snowtrooper UCS battle pack, and the possibility of a $30 tank with 3 clones and a jedi, I'd say our battle pack type sets are doing fine this year.

2 hours ago, Pedilego said:

TLG should bring back alternate builds for "Battle Packs".

For example, this set could have a primary build of the hallway, but there'd be alternate instructions for the "space bridge", storage room, and elevator so if you bought multiples you could assemble them together (e.g. the 3-in-1 Creator Castle).

If you buy me three copies, I'll be glad to make alternate builds for each! :laugh:

But actually I might get this and if I do I'll post alts.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And in light of this news, I take back anything negative I've said about this wave. Between the Darktrooper "battlepack" and Boba's Palace, this wave is already miles ahead of this year's first wave :laugh: And we still don't know everything!

Agreed, this is actually shaping up to be a half-decent wave. I'm hoping that having a more diverse range of eras represented in every wave is the norm going forward, aside from the ones that are made specifically for new movies. 

Wow, a 30€ set with Luke Skywalker and Dark Troopers? Now that's something fresh and interesting. Not sure if I'll buy it tho as I hate everything about this scene. 

Wonder how Battle Packs are going to work tho - we are ready getting a 20€ Hoth Battle Pack, now the 30€ Dark Trooper Battle Pack, and we're also getting 2 Accessory Sets which also, presumably, will be Battle-Pack-esque type of sets.

13 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Agreed. Luke's inclusion already makes sure it can't be called a battlepack.
And 30 dollars or euros or whatnot would be a bit steep for an actual BP, I think.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wow, a 30€ set with Luke Skywalker and Dark Troopers? Now that's something fresh and interesting. Not sure if I'll buy it tho as I hate everything about this scene. 

May I ask what you don't like that scene?
Or did I not notice any possible sarcasm? :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I thought there were 2 $30 sets?

They didn't even call the 501st BP a battlepack. Between the two battle I mean, "accessory" packs, the snowtrooper UCS battle pack, and the possibility of a $30 tank with 3 clones and a jedi, I'd say our battle pack type sets are doing fine this year.

I thought it was one 30EUR and one 60EUR set we were missing, but I could be (and would love to be) wrong.

At this stage any sub-40EUR set with massable troops seems to get described as a battle pack. 501st wasn't a BP, this one likely won't be either. The darktroopers aren't as widespread as clones or stormtroopers anyway, so amassing the amount seen in the show would probably only take four or five of these sets.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not sure if I'll buy it tho as I hate everything about this scene. 

You‘re the first person I‘ve seen who didn‘t like the hallway scene :head_back: Any particular reason? 

18 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The darktroopers aren't as widespread as clones or stormtroopers anyway […]

Agreed, shouldn‘t be too hard to get enough of them to recreate the scenes in S2 (doubt they‘ll show up again anytime soon). Besides, their price on BL should drop rather drastically after the new set gets released :classic:

29 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You‘re the first person I‘ve seen who didn‘t like the hallway scene :head_back: Any particular reason? 

Haven't watched any of the Mandalorian yet (so maybe I am rambling on incoherently over a scene I have interpreted as incorrect), but the reason I am not too keen on the idea is that it ties into the Skywalker family again, one of Rogue One's main criticisms from film critics was that it couldn't resist including Leia, when it really was a) creepy and b) wasn't necessary. The same would apply to the hallway scene, when the galaxy is trying to be expanded, why bring it back to the same family once again? Relatively minor characters like Boba Fett are great as they provide consistency and give them more attention, but including such a major, and to that point, irrelevant, character feels forced and unnecessary.

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

May I ask what you don't like that scene?
Or did I not notice any possible sarcasm? :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It undermines the whole ending in the worst possible way.

After Gideon was captured we saw how he started trying to get Bo Katan fight Mando to become the ruler of Mandalore. We would've seen that maybe he's not an amazing physical fighter, but a mental one. Seeing him making heroes fight would be something special.

But nope, Dark Troopers come back... instead of just leaving them in space. Then we have the cheapest nostalgia ever... X-Wing, hallway, green lighstaber... instead of making our heroes try to fight Troopers, he just comes and saves the day. 

The CGI is laughably bad. I can't get that horrific face out of my head.

Then he just takes Grogu and leaves. Terrible.

I'm very happy about about the Dark Trooper bp! I think we all expected it would happen but it's great to get some sort of confirmation. This now makes 3 sets I'm excited for in this wave, this, the Republic Fighter Tank(assuming that rumor is real) and Boba Fett's Palace. 

Also as an aside, I loved the hallway scene at the end of Mando. It made total sense for the Dark Troopers to come back and seeing Luke was not only a great payoff for the beacon set on Tython, it was amazing to see Luke in his prime again, it damn near brought me to tears. It was like an apology for how the ST treated him and gave us a little of the Legends Luke we all wanted to see.

Edited by ToaDraco

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Seeing him making heroes fight would be something special.

I prefer that plot thread being resolved in an upcoming season, rather than Mando getting „crowned“ as Mandalore right then and there. If there was a direct confrontation between him and Bo-katan, it would have been way too early I think :classic:

…instead of making our heroes try to fight Troopers, he just comes and saves the day. 

They would all have died. Painfully :tongue: You could argue it was a bit of a deus ex machina, but at least it was properly foreshadowed and it did make sense.

Back to the set: Of course nothing in the set will be new technically, at least minifig-wise, but I‘m still looking forward to it. 

So, the 60$ set is now the only one unaccounted for, right? Or is that one supposed to be the alleged fighter tank? And why are the reveals this fragmented :wacko:

Hallway scenes get circlejerked to death, plus it felt like kind of cheap fan service, although most of season 2 did as well. That being said, it’s really quite nice we’re getting a good way to collect these guys cheaper.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

After Gideon was captured we saw how he started trying to get Bo Katan fight Mando to become the ruler of Mandalore. We would've seen that maybe he's not an amazing physical fighter, but a mental one. Seeing him making heroes fight would be something special.

But nope, Dark Troopers come back... instead of just leaving them in space. Then we have the cheapest nostalgia ever... X-Wing, hallway, green lighstaber... instead of making our heroes try to fight Troopers, he just comes and saves the day. 

I see. Well, I think it seemed fitting, actually.
Sure, they could've used another Jedi or something, but like @BrickBob Studpants said, I think it was too early for Bo Katan and Din Djarrin to have a fight for the title of Mandalore.
Though I do agree it would have been nice to see more of Gideon's manipulative manners.
Anyway, I'm a sucker for nostalgia and tie-ins, so that's part of why I loved the scene myself :innocent2:

In any case, the Dark Troopers are very cool so it's very nice to be able to have more of them in a reasonable price setting :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Once Grogu was introduced it was inevitable that Luke would appear. I will be looking forward to Mando doing his own thing is season 3 and get back to space western roots.

I might have to start playing Dark Forces after all these years to appreciate this Dark Trooper set. 75325 should be the only remaining unknown then I believe.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Hallway scenes get circlejerked to death, plus it felt like kind of cheap fan service, although most of season 2 did as well. That being said, it’s really quite nice we’re getting a good way to collect these guys cheaper.

Exactly.

I am definitely happy we're getting this set, at least it's something new and fresh instead of another Luke's Landspeeder. I don't think I'll be interested in buying it tho - the fact that THE MANDALORIAN series is getting a set without THE MANDALORIAN, but with LUKE SKYWALKER sounds wrong...

Great to see the Dark Troopers in a cheaper set - especially as I have no plan to get the Light Cruiser (now just fingers crossed for Fennec in Boba's Palace, which shouldn't be too much of a stretch). Since there's already a dark robes Luke in a recent set I guess it'll be the same fig, hopefully this time with a hood and cape.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm sure the conflict between Bo-Katan and Din Djarin will be a major plot thread in Mandalorian Season 3. I think that'll be more interesting in the long run. I agree that the finale, and season as a whole, played heavily into nostalgia, but I don't feel that fan service is inherently bad as long as the storyline isn't compromised (which I don't feel was the case with Mando Season 2). Luke is technically the only Jedi around anymore (barring exceptions like Ahsoka or Ezra), so his appearance was sort of inevitable. I don't feel like Luke's appearance compromised the emotional goodbye between Din and Grogu, but I digress!

I'm honestly surprised that we're getting a Mandalorian set with Luke Skywalker before something with Cobb Vanth or Ahsoka. Luke's appearance was definitely the biggest surprise of the whole season, whereas Cobb and Ahsoka's appearances were widely reported by insiders for months in advance. Not that that would affect Lego's decision making of course, but I feel like those characters were kept less under wraps and other brands got out Cobb and Ahsoka merch a lot quicker in general. I suppose it comes down to this Dark Trooper set being pretty easy to make on paper (three of the figures are the same and already in production, Luke is an easy reuse or minor redesign, and the build probably doesn't re-invent the wheel.) I wonder if we'll have to wait for Ahsoka's show to get a post-ROTJ/Mando-era figure of her, and I strongly suspect that Cobb Vanth will play a role in at least one of the upcoming shows, so I guess it's just a matter of time.

So let me try to make a summary:

• 75320 - $20 Hoth Battle Pack
  • 75321 - $10 Razor Crest Microfighter
  • 75322 - $50 Hoth AT-ST
  • 75323 - Republic Fighter Tank?
  • 75324 - $30 Luke vs. Dark Troopers
  • 75325 - $60 [Unknown]
  • 75326 - $100 Boba Fett's Palace
  • 75327 - Luke's Helmet
  • 75328 - Mandalorian's Helmet?
  • 75329 - $60 Death Star Battle (TROS?)
  • 75330 - $80 Yoda's Training

Do I have my numbers right? My prices right? I've been trying to keep up but I've lost track of what's been confirmed. 

Edited by Zap Rowsdower
Adjusted price for Yoda's Training, updated with Mandalorian's Helmet, adjusted more prices, added bullet points

I am definitely happy we're getting this set, at least it's something new and fresh instead of another Luke's Landspeeder. I don't think I'll be interested in buying it tho - the fact that THE MANDALORIAN series is getting a set without THE MANDALORIAN, but with LUKE SKYWALKER sounds wrong...

Almost every other set (including this wave's microfighter) has included the Mandalorian though, it's not like he's in short supply. Given that I'm grateful he's not in the set - Beskar Mando is already well on his way to becoming the next Farmboy Luke meme.

I'm glad the dark troopers are getting a set, but their appearance has been so limited (notwithstanding Legends where I know they were a bit more prevalent) that personally I'm not really interested in getting any. That said I did skip the Final Duel set and don't have an updated RotJ Luke yet... I feel like he usually appears in expensive sets, is that wrong? The last cheap (ish) one I can think of is Jabba's skiff, but I'm not even sure he was in that.

1 minute ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

75328 - [Unknown Helmet]

This is likely to be Mando's helmet by all accounts. I also thought Yoda's training was $80 but could be wrong, the rest seems correct based on what we know so far!

Edited by TeddytheSpoon