MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Yeah my guess is it's basically just the credits shot from the Mando finale. The throne and steps, Fat Bib, Fennec with hair and Repainted Boba, maybe a veryyyy small side build. 

The fact it is based on a new show (even if it's Boba's) also makes me think the set will be small ($30), instead of the $100 one. Personally I hope that's the case (a cheaper way to acquire new Boba fig). But who knows, maybe there are two Palace sets who can connect, since the two previous Jabba's Palace LEGO sets had multiple sets which connected to each other.

Also, when Yoda's training set was revealed, I remembered of a Just2good podcast, where Jangbricks was talking about over saturation of sets and said "I like the new X-Wing. But please Lego, don't make a Dagobah version of it next year!" I guess Lego understood it the other way around! (You can see at 30 min).

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Counter point, can people stop bringing up everything he does in this thread? I don’t watch his videos but it feels like I know about it all because people keep name dropping him here, in a thread meant for set discussion. He’s not providing us set info we’re not getting from other sources so why does he keep coming up? He’s a YouTube personality, this thread doesn’t need to chronicle his every move. 

Nah bro. It’s all relevant. Get over it. You don’t get to dictate what goes on in this thread, nor do I. 

Are we now only missing 3 sets from the wave, or is it less? Cheers 

Edited by ArrowBricks

7 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Nah bro. It’s all relevant. Get over it. You don’t get to dictate what goes on in this thread, nor do I. 

Are we now only missing 3 sets from the wave, or is it less? Cheers 

Just the 3 I think, one of which seems to be Boba’s Palace / Throne. 

Holding out for a Bad Batch set, please Lego..

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Also, when Yoda's training set was revealed, I remembered of a Just2good podcast, where Jangbricks was talking about over saturation of sets and said "I like the new X-Wing. But please Lego, don't make a Dagobah version of it next year!" I guess Lego understood it the other way around! (You can see at 30 min).

Oh please no, there are already 2 X-wings on the shelves right now (Poe's and 2021 version) we don't need one more! 

Is Yoda's training confirmed to be Degobah or is that still just conjecture? 

16 minutes ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

Just conjecture I think. Someone knows, but nothing definitive has been said in this forum. 

Hopefully there’s a bad batch set in there.You could do a lot minifig wise with the imperial attack shuttle which seemed to be the most predominantly used ship in the show and would hit the $60-80 range.

Edited by Displayedaction

1 hour ago, Displayedaction said:

Hopefully there’s a bad batch set in there.You could do a lot minifig wise with the imperial attack shuttle which seemed to be the most predominantly used ship in the show and would hit the $60-80 range.

This would be a perfect way to include a pretty satisfying cast of characters. Elite Squad Troopers, regular clones, Rex etc. However, I can see Lego avoiding another tri-wing shuttle when we’ve already had the Havoc Marauder and Lambda-class Shuttle this year alone.

20 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Are the three sets really all that‘s left? Pretty weird wave with only one MF and one BP :shrug_oh_well:

So far there's:

UCS Landspeeder

Boba Fett's Palace

Hoth AT ST

Yoda's Training

Death Star Battle

Helmet 1 (AT AT Driver?)

Helmet 2 (Mandalorian or Rebel Pilot)

Snowtrooper BP

Razor Crest MF

Figure pack 1

Figure pack 2

Luke skywalker's lightsaber (GWP)

Four regular system sets was what we got last year (X wing, TIE, Shuttle, and trouble on Tatooine. The three other sets are presumably another MF and a BP, and maybe a 4+ set or third MF set.

8 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

See it from my POV, you grow up watching episode 1 (1999), episode 2 (2002), clone wars (2003), episode 3 (2005), the clone wars (2008-2020), rebels (2014-2018), the force awakens (2015), rogue one (2016), the last jedi (2018), solo the star wars movie (2018), rise of skywalker (2019), the mandalorian (2019-) and The Bad Batch (2021). While you didn't enjoy episode 8 or 9 you loved everything else. With all that in mind see the rumored sets for next year: EP5 battlepack, EP5 AT-ST, 2x EP5 Helmets, EP5 Yoda's Training, EP4 Landspeeder, EP4 Death Star Battle.
Ofc i have instant disdain, nothing they put inside will interest me in the slightest. Not my childhood, not my star wars. I understand people are different and they like different things and it makes me happy that some people are excited about the next year, but it's just depressing to me especially since the same thing happened last year. 

Yep, definitely can see your point of view. I grew up with my favorite Star Wars being AotC :sweet:, which has since changed to ESB. Still, I enjoy watching the prequels and would love seeing more system scale/UCS sets from those movies. I can see the disappointment, but I guess I take a long view with this stuff. Prequel stuff isn't "in" right now, but I have to think those sorts of sets will have a breakthrough sooner than later. So, I'm willing to wait and see what this next year is like before making a call, prequel or not. And if this year's sets are a snooze, more money for the better (hopefully) PT/OT sets down the road (not a fan ST, but that's just me).

1 hour ago, Stuartn said:

So far there's:

UCS Landspeeder

Boba Fett's Palace

Hoth AT ST

Yoda's Training

Death Star Battle

Helmet 1 (AT AT Driver?)

Helmet 2 (Mandalorian or Rebel Pilot)

Snowtrooper BP

I Razor Crest MF

Figure pack 1

Figure pack 2

Four regular system sets was what we got last year (X wing, TIE, Shuttle, and trouble on Tatooine. The three other sets are presumably another MF and a BP, and maybe a 4+ set or third MF set.

I believe the helmet sets are meant to come out in April but are being moved up to make the wave more robust. Also Covid production issues are now more behind us so more lego in Jan and no mini-march wave.

However the fact theirs 3 sets left and none rumored areBad Batch does not bode well for the D+ shows this year. I'm holding out hope but it does not seem to be following the mandalorian run of sets.

Also the chances of Kotor sets is not all gone since lego gaming is now a thing and it would fit under that theme as well as SW.

31 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

However the fact theirs 3 sets left and none rumored areBad Batch does not bode well for the D+ shows this year. I'm holding out hope but it does not seem to be following the mandalorian run of sets.

To be honest I'm not expecting to see much more from the Bad Batch. There's only so many sets they can release and I imagine the focus next year will primarily be on Boba Fett, Andor and Kenobi.

17 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It was indeed a new minifig, but I wouldn’t call it “exciting”, personally :grin:

These are all 1HY rumours :classic:

Speak for yourself, I've wanted ranking rebels for forever. Still hoping for a home one cruiser sometime, partially so we can get mothma and/or madine.

5 hours ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

No, we've even had leakers hint it's more exciting in response to all the "ugh it's OT" comments, so it might not be dagobah at all.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Are the three sets really all that‘s left? Pretty weird wave with only one MF and one BP :shrug_oh_well:

Keep in mind the minifig packs which honestly might just be BP replacements.

42 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Keep in mind that Mando only had 2-3 sets origionally planned, one of which being a battle pack that, given the colors, honestly seemed closer to TCW or Rebels, and that Bad Batch, while a good set, is nowhere NEAR as popular as mando. They'll wait to put stuff out until they can ride season 2 hype.

6 hours ago, Stuartn said:

The three other sets are presumably another MF and a BP, and maybe a 4+ set or third MF set.

Actually there are 2 sets left,not 3. A one of these sets is Bobba'a Palace : 75324, 75325,75326 

7 hours ago, Stuartn said:

So far there's:

UCS Landspeeder

If I'm interpreting the info correctly, I don't think these two are January wave sets.

The Landspeeder is supposedly the May UCS (which fits the pattern, those tend to be the oversized vehicles, and also it would be way too soon to put out a UCS in January, since the A-Wing, Cantina, R2-D2, Gunship, Falcon, Star Destroyer, and AT-AT would all be on shelves at once.  That's 7 UCS/D2C items on shelves at once.  I'd imagine the A-Wing will retire soon-ish and the Landspeeder will fill that price point.  

The Lightsaber is unclear, but given that we have pictures of it, it would make the most sense for that to be a GWP for the AT-AT.  

24 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

If I'm interpreting the info correctly, I don't think these two are January wave sets.

The Landspeeder is supposedly the May UCS (which fits the pattern, those tend to be the oversized vehicles, and also it would be way too soon to put out a UCS in January, since the A-Wing, Cantina, R2-D2, Gunship, Falcon, Star Destroyer, and AT-AT would all be on shelves at once.  That's 7 UCS/D2C items on shelves at once.  I'd imagine the A-Wing will retire soon-ish and the Landspeeder will fill that price point.  

The Lightsaber is unclear, but given that we have pictures of it, it would make the most sense for that to be a GWP for the AT-AT.  

The list is just 1HY sets, when I wrote it I thought helmets would be April release. The lightsaber would probably be with the ATAT or the Landspeeder so 2021 or May also.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Speak for yourself […]

Um, I did say „personally“ though :tongue:

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Keep in mind the minifig packs which honestly might just be BP replacements.

Not in the traditional sense, as those will most likely include named characters primarily

43 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I'd imagine the A-Wing will retire soon-ish

Isn’t the A-Wing set to retire this year?

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Speak for yourself, I've wanted ranking rebels for forever. Still hoping for a home one cruiser sometime, partially so we can get mothma and/or madine.

Keep in mind that Mando only had 2-3 sets origionally planned, one of which being a battle pack that, given the colors, honestly seemed closer to TCW or Rebels, and that Bad Batch, while a good set, is nowhere NEAR as popular as mando. They'll wait to put stuff out until they can ride season 2 hype.

1. I too want a Home One. It would be one of two OT vehicles that I desperately want. 

2. I hope you're right about BB but given the squad (and the ship) has been around since CW-7 we'd get something new that actually showed up in the show. 

50 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Isn’t the A-Wing set to retire this year?

Ya, along with nearly the entire ROS line except for the Falcon. This leads me to believe that there won't be a downscaled falcon until at least 2023 cause there needs to be at least one on shelves. (not counting UCS cause that's $800)

Visions semi spoilers below:

Spoiler

I really liked Visions but it didn't really feel Star Warsy. However, it would make for some cool sets though we'd doubt we get any. I also think a CMF series for the main characters in each episode would be absolutely perfect cause the characters are so different and cool, specifically the band.

There's a set list on #legoleaks that is just a summary of all the information, but there's just one difference - the two 60€ sets (75327 and 75328) are named Luke Skywalker's Helmet and The Mandalorian's Helmet.

We know those 2 sets are obviously helmets, but does anyone know how reliable the set numbers for those sets are?

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not in the traditional sense, as those will most likely include named characters primarily

Not necessarily. There have been DC and Harry Potter packs consisting primarily of unnamed characters, and many ninjago and marvel ones are 50/50 between named charcters and army-builders. Considering those themes are a lot more focused on the main heroes as opposed to armies, I think there's a good chance that these are the "Triumphant return" to battle packs.

5 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

1. I too want a Home One. It would be one of two OT vehicles that I desperately want. 

2. I hope you're right about BB but given the squad (and the ship) has been around since CW-7 we'd get something new that actually showed up in the show. 

1. Yeah, it's the major rebel capital ship, I really hope we get one in the next couple years

2. Technically speaking, we got the speeders and imperial crosshair :tongue:. (I get what you mean, but if they were gonna do one set I think they'd have to do the shuttle, and aside from the bounty hunter ships pretty much every other vehicle appeared in TCW)

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There's a set list on #legoleaks that is just a summary of all the information, but there's just one difference - the two 60€ sets (75327 and 75328) are named Luke Skywalker's Helmet and The Mandalorian's Helmet.

We know those 2 sets are obviously helmets, but does anyone know how reliable the set numbers for those sets are?

They came from the same website that the Yoda's Training and Death Star Battle Scene info came from, Brickmerge.de.

56 minutes ago, Childish_Landino said:

They came from the same website that the Yoda's Training and Death Star Battle Scene info came from, Brickmerge.de.

Great to know then :excited:

And what about the Accessory Sets? Some rumours state that we're getting two of them, but the first rumour about it stated just one, or did it?

58 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Great to know then :excited:

And what about the Accessory Sets? Some rumours state that we're getting two of them, but the first rumour about it stated just one, or did it?

They'll be two for Star Wars, one for the Infinity Saga :classic:

2 minutes ago, Childish_Landino said:

They'll be two for Star Wars, one for the Infinity Saga :classic:

OOOH, that's actually amazing news! And both of them release together in January?

If so, I expect one to be more on the Light Side, and the other on the Dark Side.