MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The only rumored set that has me excited so far is the (formerly) Jabba's Palace, very excited for that to be based on tBoBF! Everything else sounds incredibly boring and an easy pass.

Edited by ToaDraco

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

"And you people wonder why we hate MandR and his followers. He makes a review of an old set and you lot take it as gospel that a rerelease is coming". 

You can quote me on that, just saying. Still doesn’t change my opinion on him, he clearly knows something we don’t and we know he gets off on holding it over us. 

Keen to see these 2 new sets. Death Star could be anything, hopefully it’s Obi-Wan vs Vader and it’s not from the sequels. Bet $80 Yoda’s training is just the hut from 2018 slapped on a black display base. Hopefully it comes with the same figures as last time because I missed that set and I really want the dagobah figures. 

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

This is why I stopped publishing my own personal judgement on upcoming waves. One person's trash is another person's treasure. 

Sometimes I feel like the only person who genuinely likes all lego Star Wars equally when it gives us new, innovative or interesting builds.  I’d jump at a nebulon, I’d jump at a venator, I’d jump for anything that included the crimson Corsair guy.

I'll take location based sets over the same 10 or so vehicle rehashes regardless of what era they are. At least there's not a Snowspeeder rumor yet. 

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Yeah, I think that entitlement/"LEGO hates my context" comments are what frustrate me more than anything. I get this thread is for all sorts of comments, but it's discouraging seeing so much instant ire against unreleased waves... sort of saps the excitement of it all.

Yeah, it hurts to see it, it's tough to ignore.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Sometimes I feel like the only person who genuinely likes all lego Star Wars equally when it gives us new, innovative or interesting builds.  I’d jump at a nebulon, I’d jump at a venator, I’d jump for anything that included the crimson Corsair guy.

You've got one other. My most wanted SW sets are a trash compactor/detention block, coruscant guard battle pack, exogol, and gnk droid statue.

Crimson Corsair is a great fig, but I don't see us getting him until another Maz's castle comes out, or a star wars CMF.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

The only rumored set that has me excited so far is the (formerly) Jabba's Palace, very excited for that to be based on tBoBF! Everything else sounds incredibly boring and an easy pass.

It's definately based of BoBf according to the leakers, and at that price point, I'm thinking it'll actually have some solid stuff from the show, not just the Mando S2 post-credits.

7 minutes ago, Knightsword said:

What if "Yoda's Training" is the Force Tree from TLJ?

I doubt it, even as an 18+ set I can't see that at $80.

37 minutes ago, Knightsword said:

What if "Yoda's Training" is the Force Tree from TLJ?

I doubt it cause the scene with Yoda isn't really training but more of a prank by Yoda that somehow made it into TLG. And given the circumstances around that film, I doubt we get a set from such an obscure scene.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You can quote me on that, just saying. Still doesn’t change my opinion on him, he clearly knows something we don’t and we know he gets off on holding it over us. 

You can have your opinion on him but stop shifting the goalposts. When he leaked stuff he got hate and now that he has the info but won't leak he's getting off on "holding it over us". 

Personally, I think he and the other lego YTers know the info but won't leak cause Lego's holding the threat of striking their channels; which they can do cause of YT's rules. I'm not sure if the same is true for Instagram but it seems like that's why they don't break news anymore.

1 hour ago, Gontron said:

I'll take location based sets over the same 10 or so vehicle rehashes regardless of what era they are. At least there's not a Snowspeeder rumor yet. 

Honestly same. If we're only gonna get OT for the 1st half of 2022 then they might as well be different. The detention center idea seems to good to be true but I guess we can hope. 

I do realise that I’ve been contributing to the negativity here as well, but as a minifig fan it’s just tiring to see a wave with this little potential for anything new (be it variants or characters). This is the main reason I roll my eyes every time an OT set gets revealed :laugh: I like the films as much as the next guy and never minded the onslaught of remakes in the past, but now we’re at a point where it’s almost impossible to find any exciting new minifigs in OT sets. The only notable exceptions in the last few years were the Cantina aliens and Zuckuss (please correct me if I forgot someone).

So if the Yoda and Death Star sets are OT after all, they’re disappointing to me by default since none of the related scenes include anything that hasn’t been done yet, at least minifig-wise

2 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

he has the info but won't leak he's getting off on "holding it over us". 

My comment was referring less to what he’s up to these days and more to when I called him out on the same thing earlier this year and he basically said so himself. 

15 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The only notable exceptions in the last few years were the Cantina aliens and Zuckuss (please correct me if I forgot someone).

We did just get Dodonna in the X-Wing but other than that I can’t think of anything either. 

15 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I do realise that I’ve been contributing to the negativity here as well, but as a minifig fan it’s just tiring to see a wave with this little potential for anything new (be it variants or characters). This is the main reason I roll my eyes every time an OT set gets revealed :laugh: I like the films as much as the next guy and never minded the onslaught of remakes in the past, but now we’re at a point where it’s almost impossible to find any exciting new minifigs in OT sets. The only notable exceptions in the last few years were the Cantina aliens and Zuckuss (please correct me if I forgot someone).

So if the Yoda and Death Star sets are OT after all, they’re disappointing to me by default since none of the related scenes include anything that hasn’t been done yet, at least minifig-wise

I can understand the disappointment. The OT has been so well covered at this point that there aren't many potential new minifigures left they can come up with. The only characters that are still missing are Aunt Beru, Nien Nunb and less notably any named Imperial Officers and Yavin Pilots. Costume variants are down to the Force Ghosts, Bespin Escape Leia and Medical Frigate Luke/Lando. And aside from an Imperial Dignitary the only background characters anyone really still wants are more Cantina and Jabba's Palace aliens.

Meanwhile the prequels have a pretty large backlog of missing characters that doesn't look like its going to be filled anytime soon. :sad: The Disney Era has its fair share too but due to the interconnected nature of their Disney+ shows isn't as big a deal since many of those characters are likely to show up again in the future.

50 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

We did just get Dodonna in the X-Wing but other than that I can’t think of anything either. 

It was indeed a new minifig, but I wouldn’t call it “exciting”, personally :grin:

4 minutes ago, TheScaryDoor said:

Are all rumors for the winter/spring wave or is for instance Jabba‘s Palace part for August 2022?

These are all 1HY rumours :classic:

If these 2 sets are as promising as leakers suggest, then we might be onto something here. But if not, at least those of us tired of Ot sets can save some $ on winter wave. Win/win either way.

47 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

These are all 1HY rumours :classic:

Nice 😃. I find it interesting that already more than one (bigger) set isbased on a location (Yoda, Jabba and maybe Death Star) and not a vehicle or space ship. I think this is quite uncommen.

37 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

But if not, at least those of us tired of Ot sets can save some $ on winter wave. Win/win either way.

Not when you’re a semi-completionist like me :tongue: I’m not a completionist in the strictest sense as I only try to complete my collection in a reasonable manner, so without purchasing ludriculously expensive sets I skipped back in the day (e.g. the AT-OT and Dropship which I couldn’t afford back then) or notoriously hard-to-get SDCC exclusives. Whatever they put out that I can get, I will get :laugh:

38 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

If these 2 sets are as promising as leakers suggest, then we might be onto something here.

Let’s hope they’re right :classic: Depends on whether they‘re talking about the builds or the minifigs. The former is easier to achieve than the latter, that‘s for sure

Yesss! Boba Fett's rumour was true after all! Can't wait to see this set. If it's big, then I hope it's not the only TBoBF set.

Comments on the other 2 sets sound intriguing, "not what we think they are" and "we'll like them when we see them?" I'll take that.

Also, seeing as 75327 and 75328 are both 60€, I think we can safely assume those are the helmets (since here were 2 rumoured one, both priced 60€).

That leaves us with 3 sets, one of them probably being Boba Fett's Palace.

An interesting thing to mention is that Brickmerge has also two 2021 sets listed - unknown 75303 and the UCS AT-AT 75313. Maybe this set is actually Boba's Palace?

Other than Jabba's palace posse and the imperial dignitaries, another OT based figure I'd like to see would be some baby ewoks from the but where 3po is telling the story.An  Ewok battle pack sounds good to me.

I was hoping we'd see more Bad Batch sets this wave, and maybe we still will but so word of any yet it seems.

People are expecting 9516 but we’ll probably get 4480.  Not that there is much difference between the two now that I think about it.

12 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Yep. The disdain for these sets when none of them have been released, no photos have been leaked, and the titles aren't even final feels a little petulant. 

See it from my POV, you grow up watching episode 1 (1999), episode 2 (2002), clone wars (2003), episode 3 (2005), the clone wars (2008-2020), rebels (2014-2018), the force awakens (2015), rogue one (2016), the last jedi (2018), solo the star wars movie (2018), rise of skywalker (2019), the mandalorian (2019-) and The Bad Batch (2021). While you didn't enjoy episode 8 or 9 you loved everything else. With all that in mind see the rumored sets for next year: EP5 battlepack, EP5 AT-ST, 2x EP5 Helmets, EP5 Yoda's Training, EP4 Landspeeder, EP4 Death Star Battle.
Ofc i have instant disdain, nothing they put inside will interest me in the slightest. Not my childhood, not my star wars. I understand people are different and they like different things and it makes me happy that some people are excited about the next year, but it's just depressing to me especially since the same thing happened last year. 

11 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Yeah, but why do you hate his fans for pointing out the truth and connection? If he leaks sets he is an %$/&, if he doesn't he is an %$/& that holds it over us, if he complains about the set he is an %$/&, if he doesn't point out the flaws he is an %$/& . Can this dude catch a break? He is on youtube since he was a 12 year old child ofc he will say and do stupid stuff like all of us did, but this amount of hate where he is hated if he does 1 thing and hated if he does the other is just ridiculous.

Looking at the rumoured lists, I am hoping the other stuff will be Disney+ material as well...

Right now for the sake of diversity I would take anything from any of the following (I know it's wishlist territory):

The High Republic - if we can get a Galaxies Edge set why not...

The Knights of the Old Republic - they made TOR sets, battlefront, TFU so go there... Revan's minfig costs $$$

He'll even Marvel comics material.

Just something new and not a heap of OT rehashes... I like Mos Eisley, it was a great play set but no more sandcrawlers, Landspeeders, cantina scenes for a couple of years please.  There's plenty between PT, ST and D+ as well as RO to cover off.

24 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

if we can get a Galaxies Edge set why not...

Licensees follow the money. We got a Galaxy's Edge set because Disney committed to tens of millions of dollars in marketing spend to promote the park, essentially free advertising for any products related to it. And if I'm not mistaken, the set was meant to be an exclusive, only available at the park... until COVID mucked things up and the exclusives all got re-routed to Target... 

I think having the Dark Side Cave scene with Luke versus Vader in the Yoda's Training set would be superb, it's a key scene in Empire and one that we haven't had before, to my knowledge. 

I'm excited for these rumors to learn more. I wish more PT stuff/TCW material but still waiting for more info. 

W.R.T. MandR's potential leak scheme. I think it is nice that we are getting the word out in a coded way (if true, which appears to be so). Sure there are controversies, but can we appreciate and be thankful as a community for what we do have? It's not perfect and likely never will be. But we have something that brings us together for sharing or love of LEGO and appreciation of its diversity (PT-OT-ST). 

Cheers all and have a good day/night. 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

54 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

See it from my POV, you grow up watching episode 1 (1999), episode 2 (2002), clone wars (2003), episode 3 (2005), the clone wars (2008-2020), rebels (2014-2018), the force awakens (2015), rogue one (2016), the last jedi (2018), solo the star wars movie (2018), rise of skywalker (2019), the mandalorian (2019-) and The Bad Batch (2021). While you didn't enjoy episode 8 or 9 you loved everything else. With all that in mind see the rumored sets for next year: EP5 battlepack, EP5 AT-ST, 2x EP5 Helmets, EP5 Yoda's Training, EP4 Landspeeder, EP4 Death Star Battle.
Ofc i have instant disdain, nothing they put inside will interest me in the slightest. Not my childhood, not my star wars. I understand people are different and they like different things and it makes me happy that some people are excited about the next year, but it's just depressing to me especially since the same thing happened last year. 

Yeah, but why do you hate his fans for pointing out the truth and connection? If he leaks sets he is an %$/&, if he doesn't he is an %$/& that holds it over us, if he complains about the set he is an %$/&, if he doesn't point out the flaws he is an %$/& . Can this dude catch a break? He is on youtube since he was a 12 year old child ofc he will say and do stupid stuff like all of us did, but this amount of hate where he is hated if he does 1 thing and hated if he does the other is just ridiculous.

Counter point, can people stop bringing up everything he does in this thread? I don’t watch his videos but it feels like I know about it all because people keep name dropping him here, in a thread meant for set discussion. He’s not providing us set info we’re not getting from other sources so why does he keep coming up? He’s a YouTube personality, this thread doesn’t need to chronicle his every move. 

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

People are expecting 9516 but we’ll probably get 4480.  Not that there is much difference between the two now that I think about it.

Yeah my guess is it's basically just the credits shot from the Mando finale. The throne and steps, Fat Bib, Fennec with hair and Repainted Boba, maybe a veryyyy small side build. 

Edited by hondohnaka