MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Death Star battle is really vague.

ep4- battles throughout the Death Star on the rescue of leia.

battle of yavin

Ep6- the throne room (highly doubt a remake. That seems ridiculous despite what people believe about lego)

battle of endor. 

there's huge scope in all of that, but also:

ep9- kylo ren vs rey.

the last one is interesting, because I don't know what they'd do at that price point, but I'm not willing to discount it straight away.

30 minutes ago, roboticserpent said:

A 212th accessory pack with 2 regular troops, an airborne trooper and Cody. And a Bad Batch pack with Howzer, a regular white phase 2 clone and an elite trooper.

Very optimistic I know, but it's weird how he only gave two ideas for these rumored packs instead of listing a bunch of potential variations we could get. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's interesting 

Seems too good to be true, I think this would be speculation, though I hope I am wrong.

The only death star battles outside the OT are in TRoS, which could be an interesting set, or the space battle in RO, which could in no way achieve a $60 price point

Or maybe Boba’s so badass in the new show that he first gets trained by force ghost Yoda and then duels someone in the ruins of the Death Star :snicker:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

17 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I bet each comes with a description plate and black pedestal/stand that makes it 18+ and worth $20 dollars more.

That would seem likely, especially for the DS battle, I wonder, if like the AT ST, the price point is accidentally inflated.

Either way, I am glad more rumours are finally appearing, regardless of what they are. The DS battle, if it is the cell block, could have some good figures at least.

Edited by Stuartn

Yoda's Training could be the Episode II youngling training.

Imagine the fun kids could have recreating the visit from Uncle Ani in Episode III? 

I wonder if this new Boba's Palace could be the 75326 $100 set. It would be similar to their approach to The Bad Batch, which was also a new D+ show and has only gotten one $100 set so far. Boba and Fennec are practically guaranteed regardless, though it’s a question as to whether it’ll be the same figures we just got or new variants.

I hear people guessing that the 75329 Death Star set could be based off the prison escape and trash compacter scenes. I would love it if we got a LEGO version of this old Kenner playset: 

H20253-L203898372.jpg

Regardless, I'm interested to see how these sets turn out. Personally, I think people are being a little too harsh on these sets when we only have names, prices, etc. I like that we're learning more about this wave over time like we did with the Summer 2020 sets. 

Edited by The Stud

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

You know, not every Death Star battle took place in the OT...

Rey and Dark Rey, or Rey and Kylo on the Death Star ruins?

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Fulcrum has also replied to a few disappointed comments on Insta that the Yoda's training set may not be all we think it is, and not such a disappointment after all. Hmmmm.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That does sound intriguing... Maybe I was too quick to judge the sets after all :laugh: Not too sure what the Yoda set could be based on apart from the TESB training scenes though :tongue: His arc in S6 of TCW isn’t exactly set material, and neither is the scene in AOTC of him training younglings. Or could it be like the Freemakers sets? 

If this set is what Fulcrum says, I could potentially see a set in a similar vein as the Ideas Winnie the Pooh set. Could be a tree with the Cave of Evil or could Yoda's hut built directly into the tree on ONE side, with another entrance to the Cave on the other. 

Color me very intrigued by this set's possibilities as others have mentioned. 

Last week I dismissed the mandr review rumors to be mere coincidence but now I'm a bit more convinced. It's very uncanny that he reviewed 4 random sets that just happened to correlate with these leaks

1 hour ago, Bobbtom said:

The two sellers selling large numbers of commanders in the US sell almost exclusively minifigures. I asked a guy who purchased a large number of commanders on reddit and he claims that he once knew a guy who knew a guy who could obtain him large numbers of any in-production of figures. It's hearsay and seems shady, but I dont see any other reasonable way beyond someone with a factory connection

Hence why I said any legal way. Those guys may have the figs directly, but my lord, is it it's not legal. (Scalper growls *I will make it legal* :laugh:)

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

No please no I want my trash compactor/detention block scene don't do this to me please oh god not the IX duel

And now that we're at 4 sets...yeah, he's got info.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

If this set is what Fulcrum says, I could potentially see a set in a similar vein as the Ideas Winnie the Pooh set. Could be a tree with the Cave of Evil or could Yoda's hut built directly into the tree on ONE side, with another entrance to the Cave on the other. 

Color me very intrigued by this set's possibilities as others have mentioned. 

Ooh, I hadn’t even thought of that. That would be a terrific set and would go really well with the Bespin Duel and Vader Meditation Chamber.

Luke, R2, Yoda and possibly Darth Vader are safe bets, but this could also be the set that we finally get a Force Ghost Obi-Wan in.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No please no I want my trash compactor/detention block scene don't do this to me please oh god not the IX duel

It would be especially disappointing seeing as how we still don’t have an Exegol playset, which needs a set far more than the Kef Bir duel.

Edited by The Stud

I would be pleased if it is a detention block/ garbage pit set. I've always liked that scene and have always wanted a set based off it. The only accessible representation of the scene was in the massive deathstar play set which I never personally liked as a whole

17 minutes ago, The Stud said:

It would be especially disappointing seeing as how we still don’t have an Exegol playset, which needs a set far more than the Kef Bir duel.

I can see the Kef Bir duel set including a Water Skimmer to beef up the price a little, given most of the duel just takes place on a stretch of the DSII ruins. Although, adding the ruins of the throne room, wayfinder vault, and Ben Solo’s redemption perch™️ would also work.

If that is the mystery Death Star set, please Lego give Kylo Ren an updated hairpiece! The Mad-Eye Moody hairpiece in black would be brilliant.

Edited by T21Typhoon

6 minutes ago, Bobbtom said:

Last week I dismissed the mandr review rumors to be mere coincidence but now I'm a bit more convinced. It's very uncanny that he reviewed 4 random sets that just happened to correlate with these leaks

Funny enough that for the 80th time Ryan is right and people ridiculed him and his fans here for no reason. "And you people wonder why we hate MandR and his followers. He makes a review of an old set and you lot take it as gospel that a rerelease is coming". 

Didn't leakers said we won't get dissapointed with these sets? I am pretty dissapointed, just more OT garbage judging by pictures leakers posted in the background when they revealed them. Unless Yoda's training is a code name for Republic Attack Shuttle from the bad batch this is another blend and boring OT wave that will go into another blend and boring april wave. Having to wait 300+ days to get possibly 1 PT or TCW era set that was made with 0 effort for the second year in a row is just heartbreaking. 

1 hour ago, Bobbtom said:

The ironic thing is that the team can be extremely competent with the sets they do put out. The MBS cantina, gunship, downsized tie fighter etc are great builds. It's just that they keep retreading the same sets

The design team for Lego makes excellent sets and are (IMO) the best Lego design team however, it would be nice if some of them cared a little more about the SW side of the lego and not just the designs.

1 hour ago, Bc5 said:

Yoda's hut rumor? That's the fourth MandR review-rumor "coincidence". I'm just saying.

I think that's one too many for it to just be a coincidence so he definitely has the list but isn't realizing it so he doesn't receive the hate that he surely will if he does. 

I really hope this means his accessory pack video is based on leaks and we're getting a Hower figure. I really enjoyed him in BB and want to see his fig. Also, Cody would be great and would fit great here.  

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

FULCRUM JUST POSTED A PICTURE OF THE THRONE SCENE WITH BOBA FETT AND FENNEC SHAND

The palace set will probably be the only set that I actually want from this wave. However, since there are only 2-3 sets left in the wave this means the Bad Batch is getting no love and that really pisses me off. 

23 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Please tell us your knowledge. 

43 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Yeah, TROS has a couple good sets to choose from, but not that one, that's not a good option compared to exogol, especially not at that price.

29 minutes ago, Bobbtom said:

I would be pleased if it is a detention block/ garbage pit set. I've always liked that scene and have always wanted a set based off it. The only accessible representation of the scene was in the massive deathstar play set which I never personally liked as a whole

Yes I really want this, this is one of my most-wanted sets (I mean for star wars it's this, a Coruscant guard troopers battle pack, and a gonk statue)

21 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Didn't leakers said we won't get dissapointed with these sets? I am pretty dissapointed, just more OT garbage judging by pictures leakers posted in the background when they revealed them. Unless Yoda's training is a code name for Republic Attack Shuttle from the bad batch this is another blend and boring OT wave that will go into another blend and boring april wave. Having to wait 300+ days to get possibly 1 PT or TCW era set that was made with 0 effort for the second year in a row is just heartbreaking. 

I mean there's a few different things pointing to it not being disappointing. One, that they meant it for the majority of SW fans, who don't generally think the original films are "garbage" (If you just meant the set choices, sorry). The other is that the same leakers have hinted "Yoda's training" and "death star battle" are more than they appear to be, and of course there are like 5 other sets we haven't seen yet.

14 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Please tell us your knowledge. 

@jdubbs definately has info, but he usually gives out hints and clues instead of straight out saying "the set is _____". He had some fun ones around the time the cantina started leaking. I'm assuming he doesn't want to risk losing his connection by giving out all the info, so I kinda like the hints.

21 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

This is why I stopped publishing my own personal judgement on upcoming waves. One person's trash is another person's treasure. 

When we are down to a dozen system sets per year, and 11 movies and 7+ shows to cover in them, there is no one wave that is going to appeal to everyone. At most, you can hope for a few good sets per year.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

@jdubbs definately has info, but he usually gives out hints and clues instead of straight out saying "the set is _____". He had some fun ones around the time the cantina started leaking. I'm assuming he doesn't want to risk losing his connection by giving out all the info, so I kinda like the hints.

I wasn't actually hinting at anything. I just wanted to point out that everyone was quick to assume OT (probably because of all the talk about the OT's dominance of sets) and there are in fact other possibilities.

I think the death star battle is going to be the duel on Kef bir. They could easily include the the water skimmer, Company 77, and some Orbaks to add some extra play value. 

At a total loss for what Yoda's Training could be, especially with the alleged $80 pricetag. 

EDIT: I'm leaning toward Yoda's Training being a prequel set. Perhaps something to do with the Jedi Temple?

Edited by Zap Rowsdower

52 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I wasn't actually hinting at anything. I just wanted to point out that everyone was quick to assume OT (probably because of all the talk about the OT's dominance of sets) and there are in fact other possibilities.

For met at least, If I assume the worst then I can't be disappointed. If the death star battle is actually a detention block set and the yoda's training is a prequel set, then I can only be excited

Curious to see what Yoda's Training turns out to be. A more detailed display piece of the hut built into a tree and the addition of the cave of evil would be a big upgrade to the 2018 set.

Not sure what to expect with the Death Star Battle. The duel on Kef Bir would be something new and exciting, especially as we don't really get Sequel Trilogy sets anymore. Another possibility could be a diorama of the trench run from the original film. If its just going to be another playset reenacting the interior scenes from ANH it will be an easy pass since I already have the UCS/MBS version.

Bit disappointed we aren't seeing anymore of the downsized sets at affordable price ranges in the new wave.

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Y’all might be being a little bit hard on these sets given that we have absolutely no idea what is or isn’t in any of them, LMAO.

Yep. The disdain for these sets when none of them have been released, no photos have been leaked, and the titles aren't even final feels a little petulant. Honestly, 75% of this thread anymore seems like people griping about things they don't like/don't think they'll like and it's a little tiring. Hoping for the best with this winter/spring wave, but if it's as bad as many here seem to believe it will be, I'll be happy to save up for something else.

2 minutes ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Yep. The disdain for these sets when none of them have been released, no photos have been leaked, and the titles aren't even final feels a little petulant. Honestly, 75% of this thread anymore seems like people griping about things they don't like/don't think they'll like and it's a little tiring. Hoping for the best with this winter/spring wave, but if it's as bad as many here seem to believe it will be, I'll be happy to save up for something else.

I honestly don't mind the complaining as much, people going "I prefer clone wars sets" or "these sound bad and I'll skip" don't bother me as much as the comments that sound like they're entitled to the sets they want, or that not liking the sets is emblematic of lego being against their fans or films.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Oh thank god. I can't see a Kef Bir set at $60 (or $80 I forget), so I'm going to keep hoping for the detention block/trash compactor.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I honestly don't mind the complaining as much, people going "I prefer clone wars sets" or "these sound bad and I'll skip" don't bother me as much as the comments that sound like they're entitled to the sets they want, or that not liking the sets is emblematic of lego being against their fans or films.

Yeah, I think that entitlement/"LEGO hates my context" comments are what frustrate me more than anything. I get this thread is for all sorts of comments, but it's discouraging seeing so much instant ire against unreleased waves... sort of saps the excitement of it all.