MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Can’t wait for the other OT rehashes to be revealed. Snowspeeder, skiff with Sarlacc Pit, Y-Wing, and A-Wing anyone? :hmpf: Is the Razor Crest microfighter seriously going to be the highlight of this wave? Jeez, if the remaining set selection isn‘t better then this could potentially rank even lower for me than this year‘s 1HY wave, and that‘s saying something :angry: 

Yoda's hut rumor? That's the fourth MandR review-rumor "coincidence". I'm just saying.

6 minutes ago, Bc5 said:

Yoda's hut rumor? That's the fourth MandR review-rumor "coincidence". I'm just saying.

Yeah, this is too suspicious to be accidental.

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75329 Death Star Battle Scene - $60

75330 Yoda's Training - $80

Well, this sounds intriguing...

Absolutely lame, just boring sounding sets. We had three death star related sets in the last 2 years and a Yoda hut set for $20, but this time it is $80 :hmpf:. Meanwhile you see regular AT-TE’s not being done in nearly a decade, no Arc Fighter since 2010 and lastly no Geonosian arena or certain figures from the prequels. 

I hope no one defends lego for this, this wave is simply boring so far, just uninspired sounding Original trilogy sets.

Hoth AT-ST: Had a variant of it in 2019

Yoda Hut: Had a variant of it in 2018 for $60 less

Death Star Battle: Had 3 Versions of this in the last 2 years.

On 9/19/2021 at 3:11 PM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Instead of spending pages arguing opinions about this, why don't we argue about the actual numbers?

Excellent write up, thanks for actually researching this. 

A Yoda’s Hut set for $80? I’m guessing it comes with a mid scale/small X-Wing. The Death Star Battle Scene sounds like it’s could be a vignette like the previous sets. 

Off topic, but there was a seller on bricklink who had almost 30 clone commanders from the gunship on sale. How is that even possible? Is there a secret way to obtain a large amount from lego? Or did he really buy like 30 sets and pulled them out?!? He isn't selling the gunship parts so is this really the way he does it?

Edited by Bobbtom

Nothing we've heard about sounds super interesting to me aside from the Boba set, so hopefully that one turns out good. I think the Death Star battle might be cool but with just the name I don't really think I can make any real judgement about it. Also, how is Yoda's Hut going to be $80? Are we finally getting the tree or whatever it is where Luke fights the fake version of Vader?

Edited by Meadius
Forgot to mention something before I posted

1 hour ago, AIex said:

yet another example of lego thinking prequel fans are stupid, how unacceptable

It can go both ways, many display them that way and I think it drives that way in some material

1 minute ago, Meadius said:

Nothing we've heard about sounds super interesting to me aside from the Boba set, so hopefully that one turns out good.

So far, it really is the only interesting set. Let‘s hope it actually includes anything new minifig-wise, unlike the first Mando set this year :tongue:

How many sets remain now, like 2 or 3?

26 minutes ago, Bc5 said:

I agree it is beyond a coincidence now, these are all random sets with no current significance, I am not in any way a fan of MandR (less so now) but he has to know something 

I assume the Death Star battle is gonna be based on A New Hope, so maybe a cell block set? With Luke, Leia and han and some stormtroopers. The yodas training set sounds interesting, maybe it will include the scene when Luke fights Vader in the tree? With a Luke head piece for the Vader figure

2 hours ago, DrCoomer said:

There are rumors that the upcoming Razor Crest Microfighter will have a new kind of shooter, and not the stud shooters we're used to seeing.

Interesting...

40 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

That Yoda set is definitely just gonna be his hut and a slightly altered version of this years X-Wing.

I hope not, but I can't see what it would be.

9 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

I hope no one defends lego for this, this wave is simply boring so far, just uninspired sounding Original trilogy sets.

Hoth AT-ST: Had a variant of it in 2019

Yoda Hut: Had a variant of it in 2018 for $60 less

Death Star Battle: Had 3 Versions of this in the last 2 years.

Excellent write up, thanks for actually researching this. 

Here's how I think they stack up.

Saying the AT-ST raider is an AT-ST would be like counting Rex's AT-TE from rebels as a stock AT-TE. The AT-ST's last real set was the RO one in 2016. At a $50 price point what major missing prequel thing we were gonna get? Another AT-AP or HMP gunship? As it's a pretty iconic vehicle, I think this one is justified. Maybe not the most exciting choice, but one that's certainly a solid choice.

Yoda's hut: I'm with you on this one, we had it recently enough, and the only way I can see it being that expensive is if they threw in the 2021 x-wing (especially since it's $50 more expensive than the last one and the x-wing is $50.) I've wanted a remake of the 04 set for awhile, but not a year after the last red five. This is definately a bad choice IMO, they're gonna be splitting their x-wing sales down the middle.

Death star battle: three what, death star sets? Those were three completely different scenes from two different films. My guess is it's the cell block and trash compactor, which is something I've wanted for literal years, so I'm actually very happy about this one. Also seems like it could be a way to get the "big three", chewie, and even obi-wan, vader, or the droids in a single, sub-$100 set, which would be a godsend for kids who don't have huge disposable incomes. When I was a kid I didn't have a standard han solo (or padme, but that's a problem we still have :sadnew: ) IMO this is a really good concept, and if it looks good and has a solid chunk of the main cast could be one of the best sets of the year.

3 minutes ago, Bobbtom said:

Off topic, but there was a seller on bricklink who had almost 30 clone commanders from the gunship on sale. How is that even possible? Is there a secret way to obtain a large amount from lego? Or did he really buy like 30 sets and pulled them out?!? He isn't selling the gunship parts so is this really the way he does it?

Most likely he either bought 30 sets and pulled them out and just hasn't inventoried the gunship parts yet, though it's also possible he bought all the cheaper listings for them and is reselling them. AFAIK there's no legal way to get large amounts of specific SW figs alone from lego, though you can buy the parts needed for figs from in-house themes on their bricks and pieces site.

17 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

I'll bite. :wink:  The one thing I'll say is that these sets at least have me intrigued as to what they'll look like. I'm interested to see what they will throw in to bring Yoda's training up to 80 bucks, and what exactly they mean by Death Star battle. I would assume it would be ANH based, since we just had the RotJ Final Duel.

I think that is scraping the bottom of the barrel for this wave though. Of course we need an OT presence, but to have the wave so one-sided doesn't feel right, especially given the bias is skewed so far towards one film, let alone the trilogy as a whole. Even with Boba's throne it feels very samey, despite the fact that some of the sets have technically not been done before.

As ever I'm reserving my final damning judgment for when pictures come out (and I am unironically quite interested in this UCS landspeeder). It isn't looking good though; if not a change of staff, I do feel the Star Wars team at least needs some fresh blood somewhere, be it in design, market research, wherever.

I'm going to float this idea out cautiously, but do you think since MandR knows at least the list of the winter wave, there is a possibility his 'ideas' for the accessory packs are what we're actually getting? 

1 minute ago, roboticserpent said:

I'm going to float this idea out cautiously, but do you think since MandR knows at least the list of the winter wave, there is a possibility his 'ideas' for the accessory packs are what we're actually getting? 

It seems at this point that the only information out there is names and set numbers, and I don't think pictures tend to pop up this early even with leakers (though I could be wrong, since I'm not one of them). Out of interest, what were his ideas?

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Most likely he either bought 30 sets and pulled them out and just hasn't inventoried the gunship parts yet, though it's also possible he bought all the cheaper listings for them and is reselling them. AFAIK there's no legal way to get large amounts of specific SW figs alone from lego, though you can buy the parts needed for figs from in-house themes on their bricks and pieces site.

The two sellers selling large numbers of commanders in the US sell almost exclusively minifigures. I asked a guy who purchased a large number of commanders on reddit and he claims that he once knew a guy who knew a guy who could obtain him large numbers of any in-production of figures. It's hearsay and seems shady, but I dont see any other reasonable way beyond someone with a factory connection

Edited by Bobbtom

3 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

It seems at this point that the only information out there is names and set numbers, and I don't think pictures tend to pop up this early even with leakers (though I could be wrong, since I'm not one of them). Out of interest, what were his ideas?

A 212th accessory pack with 2 regular troops, an airborne trooper and Cody. And a Bad Batch pack with Howzer, a regular white phase 2 clone and an elite trooper.

Very optimistic I know, but it's weird how he only gave two ideas for these rumored packs instead of listing a bunch of potential variations we could get. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's interesting 

9 minutes ago, roboticserpent said:

A 212th accessory pack with 2 regular troops, an airborne trooper and Cody. And a Bad Batch pack with Howzer, a regular white phase 2 clone and an elite trooper.

Very optimistic I know, but it's weird how he only gave two ideas for these rumored packs instead of listing a bunch of potential variations we could get. I'm not getting my hopes up, but it's interesting 

I would probably explode if that first one were correct, but I feel they are both too good to be true unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

You know, not every Death Star battle took place in the OT...

Oh yeah, how could we forget the third Death Star, Starkiller Base... :laugh:

Colour me intrigued. The only other place a battle happened around the Death Star (if not on it) was Rogue One, right? Unless it's Rey vs Kylo in TRoS...

Fulcrum has also replied to a few disappointed comments on Insta that the Yoda's training set may not be all we think it is, and not such a disappointment after all. Hmmmm.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

10 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Fulcrum has also replied to a few disappointed comments on Insta that the Yoda's training set may not be all we think it is, and not such a disappointment after all. Hmmmm.

That does sound intriguing... Maybe I was too quick to judge the sets after all :laugh: Not too sure what the Yoda set could be based on apart from the TESB training scenes though :tongue: His arc in S6 of TCW isn’t exactly set material, and neither is the scene in AOTC of him training younglings. Or could it be like the Freemakers sets? 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75329 Death Star Battle Scene - $60

75330 Yoda's Training - $80

Well, this sounds intriguing...

I bet each comes with a description plate and black pedestal/stand that makes it 18+ and worth $20 dollars more.