MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, TeufelHund said:

I suspect we might get Jabba's Palace as the MBS set for next year, particularly if it's heavily featured in Book of Boba Fett. It could be similar to the Death Star featuring ANH and RoTJ scenes in that it allows you to recreate scenes from both the RotJ and BoBF timelines.

It's also possible we'll get a smaller throne set ala the ending featured at the end of Mandalorian Season 2 in January. 

Given their reluctance to do anything too heavy for anything not film related, I'd say with almost certainty that it will *not* be an MBS set, but just a small location style set, no bigger than the previous, but probably a bit smaller. Even if the possibility is there to do it linking both OT and BoBF, they just won't. 

Anyone pinning hopes on it being an MBS style set are setting themselves up for disappointment. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

Well this star wars figure pack is quite frankly a incredible opportunity for Clone Troopers. It’s what the fans want, a solid clone trooper figure pack. It makes all the sense in the world to do it, storm troopers for it are acceptable as well in my eyes. If Lego doesn’t do either of them, it is just frankly Lego being tone deaf and out of touch once again.

Edited by LemonFlavouredBleach

11 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Given their reluctance to do anything too heavy for anything not film related, I'd say with almost certainty that it will *not* be an MBS set, but just a small location style set, no bigger than the previous, but probably a bit smaller. Even if the possibility is there to do it linking both OT and BoBF, they just won't. 

Anyone pinning hopes on it being an MBS style set are setting themselves up for disappointment. 

I'd guess you're correct in that this winter set isn't an MBS set, there's no precedent for that at all, and that would be way too soon of a D2C release (assuming this AT-AT is indeed coming?), since it'd be squeezed in between the AT-AT and the Landspeeder, and we still have the Gunship, Cantina, and Falcon on shelves (and the A-Wing too?).  

If the pattern holds, we're supposed to get an MBS next fall (since we had Attack on Hoth, then the Tantive, then Cloud City, then the Star Destroyer, then the Cantina, and now the AT-AT, if my memory serves me correctly), which could certainly be Jabba's Palace or Sail Barge (if they go the OT route, which seems most likely, my money is on one of those two or an Endor Bunker set), but there is almost no chance we'd have that info already.  For whatever reason, the MBS stuff seems to take forever to leak - Cloud City wasn't confirmed until late summer of 2018, and the Cantina was supposedly an Imperial Shuttle until about August, so I would highly, highly doubt any leaks coming out are for MBS style since that would be a massive departure from the precedent we've had for a couple of years now.

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I reeaally hope that Jabba's Palace rumor is true. I've been kicking myself for missing the last one and I've been tempted to bricklink it lately. I had hopes we might get one next year for TBoBF so I definitely hope/expect it to be based on that with a nice throne for Boba. The question is, would it be a full palace like the last one or a small diorama display with Boba's throne and a couple of walls?

Imo, I wouldn't beat myself too much for missing the jabba's palace. For a 2013 set the build is sort of really "basic" for it's time. I'll willing to bet lego's next version will do it tremendous justice.

I do hope we get another jabba's palace set, but I hope it won't be an MBS, but if it is i'm hoping that the number of MBS sets increase. Having one every two years with two consecutive ones being desert themed seems bland

56 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Given their reluctance to do anything too heavy for anything not film related...

Ah yes, the eternal wait for new versions of iconic clone wars vehicles. At this rate my children will be the ones to buy a venator at RRP. Can't believe it's approaching 10 years since the only set with a white phase 2 clone

Edited by Bobbtom

Just opened the Duel on Mandalore, I always like LEGO releases non vehicles star wars set.  I wonder if they going to do more of these in upcoming sets.

9 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I'd guess you're correct in that this winter set isn't an MBS set, there's no precedent for that at all, and that would be way too soon of a D2C release (assuming this AT-AT is indeed coming?), since it'd be squeezed in between the AT-AT and the Landspeeder, and we still have the Gunship, Cantina, and Falcon on shelves (and the A-Wing too?).  

I'm usually all for being open minded to believe that lego won't always stick to precedences that they've set and that they do go outside of them and change things up and do the unexpected, but this one is just too obvious that it won't be an MBS. Besides, as you point out, where would they squeeze it into? 

But it has got me wondering what the next MBS might be. 

8 hours ago, Bobbtom said:

Ah yes, the eternal wait for new versions of iconic clone wars vehicles. At this rate my children will be the ones to buy a venator at RRP. Can't believe it's approaching 10 years since the only set with a white phase 2 clone

I equally love all the OT/PT and the sets for them (and the mandalorian), however I'm certainly on the same boat as wishing they'd do more PT for a bit as OT has had its share of the spotlight far more than necessary. 

As a OT fan, I know that if I miss out on most sets, I can just wait for it to be re-released in probably at most one year. If I wanted an  AT-AT at any time, there's probably one on the shelves or one coming soon.

As a PT fan, some sets get regular re-releases like grevious' starfighter, but for other sets like a AT-TE, obi wan's fighter, or even something as basic as a white clone...well we all know (still waiting for another endor bunker as well :pir-cry_happy:)

Edited by Bobbtom

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

But it has got me wondering what the next MBS might be. 

According to how many support a new AT-AT get, for my it's obvious that the next MBS will be based on Hoth..

Interesting that no one has mentioned it, but we're getting Luke Skywalker's buildable lightsaber. An image of it leaked.

Apparently, it's a regular set (the box definitely looks like it). The image also comes from a retailer, which means it probably won't be a GWP nor a Lego exclusive. 

This might be the mysterious 75396 set.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Interesting that no one has mentioned it, but we're getting Luke Skywalker's buildable lightsaber. An image of it leaked.

Apparently, it's a regular set (the box definitely looks like it). The image also comes from a retailer, which means it probably won't be a GWP nor a Lego exclusive. 

This might be the mysterious 75396 set.

Looks pretty cool!

I wonder how many of these they'll do. I feel like this is the sort of alternative SW set that will make a lot of people very happy. 

edit: the name is also interesting, with Luke also having the green saber. I guess they figured it would sell better this way as opposed to titling it Anakin's or (not trying to trigger anyone here...) Rey's :tongue:

Edited by SEmrys

2 minutes ago, TheMainBricker said:

Probably GWP with the UCS AT-AT.

Look at the GWP for the Nou Camp set, that came in a proper box.

Isn't star destroyer supposed to be gwp with UCS AT-AT? 

I'm going to find it disappointing if it is a gwp in any case - this would make a great lightsaber series, like helmets, with which we could expect some variety and quantity. If lightsabers are only going to be handed out as gwps this means we'll get way less of them and in longer intervals 

3 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Isn't star destroyer supposed to be gwp with UCS AT-AT? 

I'm going to find it disappointing if it is a gwp in any case - this would make a great lightsaber series, like helmets, with which we could expect some variety and quantity. If lightsabers are only going to be handed out as gwps this means we'll get way less of them and in longer intervals 

The Star destroyer rumor never made any sense….this makes soo much more sense 

Yay!! I was hoping that the Yoda saber wasn’t a one-off and Lego would actually create more of these.

The overall design looks pretty good, too. It’s instantly recognizable.

New winter set numbers and prices up on the usual place, frustratingly no set names though. Looks like the January wave will have some more sets on the pricey side. 

21 minutes ago, T21Typhoon said:

New winter set numbers and prices up on the usual place, frustratingly no set names though. Looks like the January wave will have some more sets on the pricey side. 

They have been taken down by original source so I wouldn’t hold much merit to those rn

Edited by Falconfan1414

17 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They have been taken down by original source so I wouldn’t hold much merit to those rn

Ah and so they have, thanks for the heads up. Apologies all.

3 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Yay!! I was hoping that the Yoda saber wasn’t a one-off and Lego would actually create more of these.

The overall design looks pretty good, too. It’s instantly recognizable.

I am a fan of the sabers, but not how they have been distributed. The first was limited and gone in minutes, and a second comes with a $800 purchase? And won't be hanging around like the sailboat I am sure!

This should be a series like the helmets.

10 hours ago, Bobbtom said:

As a OT fan, I know that if I miss out on most sets, I can just wait for it to be re-released in probably at most one year. If I wanted an  AT-AT at any time, there's probably one on the shelves or one coming soon.

As a PT fan, some sets get regular re-releases like grevious' starfighter, but for other sets like a AT-TE, obi wan's fighter, or even something as basic as a white clone...well we all know (still waiting for another endor bunker as well :pir-cry_happy:)

I mean, in general we do tend to get OT set remakes more frequently than PT sets, but once you take out the ones that are just the literal most iconic star wars vehicles (falcon, landspeeder, x-wing, tie fighter), it's not that far off between them. Luke's x-wing is released more or less as frequently as anakin's starfighter (delta-7 or eta-2), and much like the landspeeder, we constantly get at-rts. Spider-droids are pretty frequent (lego's spider-man obsession bleeds into the star wars line? :grin:), as is the aforementioned grievous spider.The kashyyyk at-walker i forgot the name of and the HMP gunship are released disturbingly frequently relative to their amount of screen time, possibly due to the price range they can be made at (but still, there had to be SOME better options, right?) The star destroyer and gunship haven't been released since 2014 and 2013 respectively. (in system form of course, we got UCS of both of them). The walkers are a bit different, with 6 years between AT-ATs and at minimum 8 between AT-TEs. To be clear, I think we're well overdue for a system gunship, star destroyer, and AT-TE, though if I had to guess the next one we'll get is an AT-TE next year. Given the UCS sets of the other two, we could legitimately not see system ones for years. Part of the problem, which they seem to be starting to solve, is that the larger system models are getting so expensive, and we only get around 2 $100+ system sets a year. And you've got the falcon, AT-AT, AT-TE, gunship, both star destroyers, jabba's palace and sail barge, an endor bunker, echo base, and so many other sets vying for those spots. Then add in that for the past 6 years many of those spots were used on tie ins for new films that then create more vehicles necessitating more large system sets... and we've got quite a problem. It's sort of three-pronged: star wars needs new content to stay relevant, and those new designs require new sets. You could partially pin it on disney-lucasfilm for having them make some less iconic sets at large price points for new content (galaxy's edge transport), but at the same time with all the new designs, it's nice to get more obscure ships sometimes. You could also pin it on lego themselves depending on how much freedom they have in set choice, or even for their amount of $100+ sets, but market forces can impact that to an extent; people don't have the money for too many $100+ sets, and spending the capital, new molding costs, more/larger factories, and more designers to cover more sets being produced at once would make the sets yet MORE expensive. 

Wow that went on a complete tangent that doesn't even really have a point. TLDR we do get some frequent prequel remakes, they're just weird choices?

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Makes sense. I can see this wave being different, but there weren't any microfighters or battle packs there, and I don't believe we'd only get one microfighter (razor crest), though I guess the "normal" battle packs may be the blister pack ones now. Personally I'd like that more than the standard ones if they keep the other blister pack's standard of normal weapons and 2-3 small system scale environmental/supplementary builds rather than a random speeder and stud shooters.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

23 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I guess the "normal" battle packs may be the blister pack ones now. Personally I'd like that more than the standard ones if they keep the other blister pack's standard of normal weapons and 2-3 small system scale environmental/supplementary builds rather than a random speeder and stud shooters.

I hope this is the case, as it would make amassing armies cheaper.

3 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I hope this is the case, as it would make amassing armies cheaper.

It would also make amassing armies a lot harder as the blister packs are normally exclusive to Lego stores. Plus the moment they include desirable figures like Clone Troopers you can guarantee the scalpers will be hoarding up all the sets before anyone else has a change of scoring a copy.