MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Honestly that's a pretty silly theory. It's just mere coincidence. If he did have the set list there would have been a video by now...

39 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

And you people wonder why we hate MandR and his followers. He makes a review of an old set and you lot take it as gospel that a rerelease is coming :ugh:

It's not a gospel truth, just it lend some credibility, though nothing concrete. The source for the jabbas palace is the same that first rumoured the snowspeeder BP if I am correct.

I am doubtful if it is a jabbas palace exactly, I would assume it is something similar to tie in with TBOBF, the AT ST which Promobricks leaked turned out to be not an 18+ set and much cheaper than originally rumoured, but still similar

People bring up the Jabba's Palace controversy like every six months, but seem to forget that at the time LEGO issued multiple statements saying they're sorry some people in the Turkish community in Austria found it offensive but it's based on Star Wars, and that they were retiring it when they had always planned to retire it and no sooner.

Unless I missed something, LEGO took no action about it (besides issuing those statements defending their product), and there's no reason to think they won't release another Jabba's Palace! Disney clearly isn't shying away from the location.

It was in truth a very very minor issue coming out of just one miniscule part of a market for LEGO, but was picked up as a global news story because news thrives off of stories like that - mega worldwide companies being accused of things. The same group supposedly offended by Jabba's Palace would for sure be much more offended by some of LEGO's more recent products.

7 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

The same group supposedly offended by Jabba's Palace would for sure be much more offended by some of LEGO's more recent products.

Which things are you taking about?

14 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Which things are you taking about?

That was beside the point and an assumption, but I was thinking of Queer Eye and Everyone Is Awesome. Even if not that group specifically, plenty of groups and people around the world wouldn't think those sets would be suitable for anyone, and LEGO would well know that, but isn't worried about who it offends.

And I did incorrectly represent something in my post - it was a Turkish community in Austria, not in Turkey. I have edited it.

Point is, one tiny group caused a stir, news outlets picked it up, LEGO took no action and there's no reason to think they won't make another Jabba's Palace, exterior and all.

4 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

MBS style, maybe? My guess is probably something tying in with Book of Boba Fett.

Wouldn't be an MBS set in january, most likely a smaller BoBf tie-in.

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

And you people wonder why we hate MandR and his followers. He makes a review of an old set and you lot take it as gospel that a rerelease is coming :ugh:

Seriously. When MandR has a leak, he usually makes a big deal about it.

I have no love for MandR whatsoever (although I can’t deny sometimes the forum goes too far too often), but I wouldn’t entirely throw this idea out immediately. Legos obviously intends to crack down on blatant leaks, and some may be trying to get around that. I would certainly just dismiss if it only happened once, but twice jumps from coincidence to a bit suspicious. Idk, maybe I’m completely wrong.

Edited by Brickroll

Definitely keen for a new Jabba's Palace set but its one of those locations I would rather see as a large MBS set over a small retail one. The Mos Eisley Cantina really raised the bar for iconic Star Wars locations as display pieces and Jabba's Palace could really benefit with a set at that scale and level of detail. A big part of the appeal is also the crazy background aliens that populate the palace which can only be pulled off with a large 20-something minifigure count (double that if they coincide a release of Jabba's Palace with a D2C Sail Barge the following year)

Still it does make sense as a potential tie-in for TBOBF and would be a nice alternative way of getting the new Boba Fett and Fennec Shand figures. I'm not sold on the legitimacy of the rumor just yet but we'll see what happens.

just2good released a colab video a few hours ago & mandr says that he’d cover leaks but he regrets being the source of the leaks.

IIRC RepublicStuds has hinted that he already knows of at least 3 more sets—including a $100 set.

I think it does stand to reason that the information is out there & mandr is dropping related videos that’ll benefit from when the sets are revealed.

Not gospel by any means, just looking at the possibilities.

I feel like with these leakers, if they know it claim it... just say what you've heard and we can all move on.

Seems a lot of fence sitting in case they're wrong... no one's ever perfect but all the 'it's going to be...' and innuendo is just crazy...

Otherwise I think it's just building their own brands (not that they need help with it).

Edited by Darth Malgus
Typo

10 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Robert Downey Jr. is Cancelled – Blog

Anyways, I don't think the theory holds water cause if he had a list or some sort of leak he would make a video as he did for the summer wave last year. However, there's also no need to hate someone in this forum for watching Mandr, or off yourself in emoji form just cause someone pointed out a fair coincidence, that's a bit of an overreaction. 

Also since Mandr's no longer a LAN member and more of the big content creators like just2good have left LAN I would expect them to cover any rumors they personally received no matter how much evidence cause they don't need concrete evidence and those videos will do better if they leak first. 

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

That was beside the point and an assumption, but I was thinking of Queer Eye and Everyone Is Awesome. Even if not that group specifically, plenty of groups and people around the world wouldn't think those sets would be suitable for anyone, and LEGO would well know that, but isn't worried about who it offends.

And I did incorrectly represent something in my post - it was a Turkish community in Austria, not in Turkey. I have edited it.

Point is, one tiny group caused a stir, news outlets picked it up, LEGO took no action and there's no reason to think they won't make another Jabba's Palace, exterior and all.

Jabba's Palace had a natural lifespan (although some in the media spun it that it was discontinued due to controversy). I don't think Lego refused to sell it in any Islamic countries, it had worldwide availability whereas with the gay sets they're not sold in some Eastern European and Middle-Eastern countries and possibly China.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Seriously. When MandR has a leak, he usually makes a big deal about it.

Usually yes, but not anymore. He learned from his mistakes and doesn't want to be the main source of leaks anymore despite knowing all the sets that will come out for a long while now. He is just waiting for other people to leak stuff before he talks about them. He most likely also doesn't want him or his sources to get in trouble. Which brings me to the other point: Ryan used to leak stuff from his sources whoever they may be and he never leaked secret stuff that LEGO sent him via LAN. Nowadays someone from the LAN is sending information given to them by LEGO via LAN to leakers and other LEGO community members which is way worse imo. 

10 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The same group supposedly offended by Jabba's Palace would for sure be much more offended by some of LEGO's more recent products.

Ironically, this is very true. In addition, I would be happy if Lego or other companies alike would show some bold moves by not caring about random and totally pointless shouts that only add up to the cancel culture in these kinds of cases, where there obviously is nothing bad behind the product.

6 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Usually yes, but not anymore. He learned from his mistakes and doesn't want to be the main source of leaks anymore despite knowing all the sets that will come out for a long while now. He is just waiting for other people to leak stuff before he talks about them. He most likely also doesn't want him or his sources to get in trouble. Which brings me to the other point: Ryan used to leak stuff from his sources whoever they may be and he never leaked secret stuff that LEGO sent him via LAN. Nowadays someone from the LAN is sending information given to them by LEGO via LAN to leakers and other LEGO community members which is way worse imo. 

I think what he is doing with the reviews is a smart move from his point of view, as the information is still there as pointed in the earlier comments, but he can safely say to anyone accusing him of leaks or whatsoever that all he did was a review.

Edited by Samppu

1 hour ago, Samppu said:

I think what he is doing with the reviews is a smart move from his point of view, as the information is still there as pointed in the earlier comments, but he can safely say to anyone accusing him of leaks or whatsoever that all he did was a review.

As was mentioned above, even if he isn’t doing it as a secret message of which sets are coming, it is simply beneficial to have new videos of the older versions of upcoming sets to get views from people looking to see what lego did before on those subjects. He know how to use the YouTube algorithm to make that cheddar. 

10 hours ago, Pedilego said:

IIRC RepublicStuds has hinted that he already knows of at least 3 more sets—including a $100 set.

Hm, a non-D2C $100 Star Wars set released in January? Have we EVER had that, like in the history of the whole theme? *oh2* So far, those have always been reserved for the 2HY waves. I wouldn‘t complain, but I need further proof before I buy into that

I've just finished building my Mandalorian Forge set & I'm very pleased with it indeed. The overall look is nice & it was a lovely little build, although some of the stickers were quite tricky to apply. I replaced all of the blue Technic pins with Light Bluish Grey versions of course.

The Paz Vizsla & The Armourer minifigs are absolutely gorgeous! The Din Djarin with Jet Pack has been needed for a long time. Also the addition of a spare 1x1 control panel & two Thermal Detonators are very welcome.

21 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Not really enough information to make a quality comment. Definitely not interested if it's OT based, would be cool if it's Boba Fett show related, but again no price point, no figure info or set info.

I mean the palace looks the same in the Prequels, swap Bib for a protocol droid add Dooku, Anakin, Snips and both the real and fake Rottas and bam the climax of the CW movie. Though the official Rotta is hard to come by so he might have to be a blob of green bricks. (though a new Rotta would be nice).

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I mean the palace looks the same in the Prequels, swap Bib for a protocol droid add Dooku, Anakin, Snips and both the real and fake Rottas and bam the climax of the CW movie. Though the official Rotta is hard to come by so he might have to be a blob of green bricks. (though a new Rotta would be nice).

Yeah, but atm we don't know anything except that the palace is coming supposedly. This can be a tiny 30$ playset, 250$ MBS set, a small may the 4th promo vignette or a 1000$ UCS set. This makes it hard for me to comment on or to be excited about. I loved the mandalorian so if the same people are working on the Boba show and this is a Boba set i will definitely be happy to get and build while watching, but LEGO  sucked all the hope and joy i ever had in this world so i expect nothing or an OT remake that i will vote with my wallet against knowing that it won't change anything.  

I reeaally hope that Jabba's Palace rumor is true. I've been kicking myself for missing the last one and I've been tempted to bricklink it lately. I had hopes we might get one next year for TBoBF so I definitely hope/expect it to be based on that with a nice throne for Boba. The question is, would it be a full palace like the last one or a small diorama display with Boba's throne and a couple of walls?

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

The question is, would it be a full palace like the last one or a small diorama display with Boba's throne and a couple of walls?

Yeah, I feel something like the Duel on Mandalore, or slightly bigger, with no exteriors, would be safe, taking also into account that the show is new.

I suspect we might get Jabba's Palace as the MBS set for next year, particularly if it's heavily featured in Book of Boba Fett. It could be similar to the Death Star featuring ANH and RoTJ scenes in that it allows you to recreate scenes from both the RotJ and BoBF timelines.

It's also possible we'll get a smaller throne set ala the ending featured at the end of Mandalorian Season 2 in January. 

Not sure if this is the right place to ask... but, ive just ordered the razor crest and considering ordering the Slave 1 (boba fett starship). For anyone that has both, do they look good together? Or is the scale just too off? Dont want to get it if they arent going to look nice together. Any opinions would be great. Thanks.

Based on the episode where you see them both together I’d say the scaling will look off (Slave I being too small). The 20th Anniversary Slave I would probably be a better match up.

Edited by TeufelHund

14 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

I feel like with these leakers, if they know it claim it... just say what you've heard and we can all move on.

But then they wouldn’t get to be part of the club who knows something we don’t and they can’t hold it over us.