MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

22 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I heard Luke and C-3PO

I only build MOCs myself, so the minifigures are usually the only reason to buy SW sets instead of just buying parts elsewhere, and I bet I am certainly not the only one following this philosophy, so it is really weird they do not bother with more interesting figures in opportunities like this. There are other examples, too. There are, of course, many more collectors, AFOLs and casual Lego lovers alike, than pure MOC builders, but I would still guess that the increase in sales following better minifigures - which also attract collectors as well - would easily be worth it. Especially in this case Beru Lars would not need a new mold, just a new print and a suitable hair piece, so the problem would not be about the budget.

Edited by Samppu

41 minutes ago, Samppu said:

I only build MOCs myself, so the minifigures are usually the only reason to buy SW sets instead of just buying parts elsewhere, and I bet I am certainly not the only one following this philosophy, so it is really weird they do not bother with more interesting figures in opportunities like this. There are other examples, too. There are, of course, many more collectors, AFOLs and casual Lego lovers alike, than pure MOC builders, but I would still guess that the increase in sales following better minifigures - which also attract collectors as well - would easily be worth it. Especially in this case Beru Lars would not need a new mold, just a new print and a suitable hair piece, so the problem would not be about the budget.

I think you would find that most minifig collectors would be pretty PO'ed to finally get an Aunt Beru figure after all this time... only to be forced to pay $200 for a set they do not want to get her. Just as PT fans would have been screaming bloody murder over Commander Cody being exclusive to the $350 Gunship. I for one appreciate that LEGO does not put highly-desirable exclusive figures in the UCS sets, but instead limits themselves to variations on/upgrades to existing figures that most collectors can live without if they don't want the set. 

I was just watching a review of the Mario ? Block set. it includes after 22 years the first trans clear lightsaber bar!!!!!! We finally have the piece in rotation for Ahsoka!! Hopefully it will soon be in cheaper sets.

27 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I think you would find that most minifig collectors would be pretty PO'ed to finally get an Aunt Beru figure after all this time... only to be forced to pay $200 for a set they do not want to get her. Just as PT fans would have been screaming bloody murder over Commander Cody being exclusive to the $350 Gunship. I for one appreciate that LEGO does not put highly-desirable exclusive figures in the UCS sets, but instead limits themselves to variations on/upgrades to existing figures that most collectors can live without if they don't want the set. 

I totally agree, but I would at least personally still prefer any set to no set. Though the same policy has been around for cheaper sets as well. No Cody in the Grievous fighter even if the set itself almost screamed to have it. No AT-RT driver in the Kashyyyk AT-RT Anniversary set. Luckily Clone Army Customs has high quality customs for those, but still.

Edited by Samppu

27 minutes ago, Archer said:

I was just watching a review of the Mario ? Block set. it includes after 22 years the first trans clear lightsaber bar!!!!!! We finally have the piece in rotation for Ahsoka!! Hopefully it will soon be in cheaper sets.

What review did you see this in

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

What review did you see this in

He goes over the new / recolored pieces at the end. It appears the set only has one, but I can see it being used if sets are made for the Ashoka show.

Edited by Archer

38 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

But her lightsabers aren't clear, they're white, so the glow in the dark bars are closer to it aren't they? 

Technically, all the lightsaber "hearts" are white. Even those that have a colored such as green or blue glow around the white heart.
It is this glow that is somewhat colorless for Ashoka's new sabers.
Speaking of which, it would be cool to have dual-molded bars with white hearts.

33 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Apparently we're getting Jabba's Palace this Winter. 

How reliable is the leak? I'd be surprised we'd get one similar to the old one due to the original controversy around it. 

49 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Apparently we're getting Jabba's Palace this Winter. 

MBS style, maybe? My guess is probably something tying in with Book of Boba Fett.

Not really enough information to make a quality comment. Definitely not interested if it's OT based, would be cool if it's Boba Fett show related, but again no price point, no figure info or set info.

33 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

How reliable is the leak? I'd be surprised we'd get one similar to the old one due to the original controversy around it. 

There's only three accounts that have posted it so far, none of which are the usual reliable sources, so I'm taking this with a major grain of salt. It makes some sense based on what we saw at the end of Mando, but for all we know (so far, anyway) the show might not even touch Jabba's (ex-) palace again, so if we do get BoBF sets, I feel like we'll only know after we see the trailer.

The first instance I can see is a picture of the last version and part of the description "here's hoping to a new jabba palace". Key word being "hoping"

Most likely the others saw this as a leak and that's how the rumours start.

Well it has been some time - even if it would be an OT version; for Lego it would be a safe bet, as it's at least somehow connected with current canon.

I don't know why they wouldn't do it:

1. if it would produce a controversy - and therefore be a strategic mistake - Lego didn't repeat a mistake for the first time
2. I would guess that it would not be so controversial anymore. It was a weird controversy to begin with, coming from groups which are unlikely to be TLG's costumers anyway. We have reached a time where everything is somewhat controvers and anyone can communicate this on the internet. Lego can and will become more bold.
3. They can also avoid the exterior, though that would be most unfortunate. This was like one of 1-2 affordable playets that had good exterior and interior. Even though the placement of Jabba's throne wasn't accurate to begin with.

Yeah, I'd take that with a HUGE grain of salt.

Still, it would be dope if we got it and it was actually based on TBoBF. We need sets for this series.

10 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Well it has been some time - even if it would be an OT version; for Lego it would be a safe bet, as it's at least somehow connected with current canon.

I don't know why they wouldn't do it:

1. if it would produce a controversy - and therefore be a strategic mistake - Lego didn't repeat a mistake for the first time
2. I would guess that it would not be so controversial anymore. It was a weird controversy to begin with, coming from groups which are unlikely to be TLG's costumers anyway. We have reached a time where everything is somewhat controvers and anyone can communicate this on the internet. Lego can and will become more bold.
3. They can also avoid the exterior, though that would be most unfortunate. This was like one of 1-2 affordable playets that had good exterior and interior. Even though the placement of Jabba's throne wasn't accurate to begin with.

I agree. Given the recent trend in sets, I feel that Lego is a tad more open to risk with certain sets. 

The wait for a full January set list is becoming more and more of a tease now. Some of the usual leakers in the usual place have indicated that some positive surprises await us. 

Edited by T21Typhoon

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I have a theory about the new winter 2022 sets. 

MandR made a snow trooper battle pack video a few days before it was leaked there would be one in 2022. A few days before the at-st leak he made an at-st review. Today he made a Jabba's palace review before the leaks came out.

I'm pretty sure whatever MandR reviews next will be a 2022 set.

11 minutes ago, Bc5 said:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but I have a theory about the new winter 2022 sets. 

MandR made a snow trooper battle pack video a few days before it was leaked there would be one in 2022. A few days before the at-st leak he made an at-st review. Today he made a Jabba's palace review before the leaks came out.

I'm pretty sure whatever MandR reviews next will be a 2022 set.

Good observation, it definitely lends credibility to the Jabbas palace rumour, as Mandr is usually accurate

And you people wonder why we hate MandR and his followers. He makes a review of an old set and you lot take it as gospel that a rerelease is coming :ugh: