MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

If the UCS Landspeeder is real, I’ll looking forward to the UCS Gonk Droid in October 22.

That would be incredible.

2 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

And, I may be mistaken, but, I think.... In the original non-remastered version, it wasn't even in the film originally. I think it was added in later (unless that was the imperial landing craft? Or it was the ILC and the Hoth atst getting added in the digital remake? Someone please jump in here) 

The Hoth AT-ST was always in ESB (Source): 

Joe Johnston: It’s one of the models that was designed through kit bashing. . . I basically was making the prototype and making it in three-dimensional form instead of doing sketches first. I finished the model, I showed George, he liked the design a lot. He said, “That’s great, but we don’t have any time.” This was very near the end of the VFX process, so we didn’t know how we were actually going to have time to get this thing into any shot in the movie. But George says, “You know, we’ll use it in the sequel. We’ll use it in the next film”. . . So Phil Tippett came in and said. . . “What if I took the model, took it apart, and attached the pieces to a stop motion armature? We can build an armature super-fast because it was just basically these aluminum arms.” He said, “I think we’ll have time to get it into a few shots.” So he did that. . . He was able to get it into one shot in the background, where it’s just sort of cruising through. . . That’s the only shot we had time to get it into. 

3 hours ago, Stuartn said:

The FO stormtroopers, with the exception of pauldrons and the belts which have already been represented as printed, don't really have anything you could really accessorise them with. Supposedly you could, but I feel that these packs would be much more valuable if they were clone or OT-based, for the purposes of MOCing and getting new and interesting parts. ST figures are, after these few years, much more accessible so from a collection standpoint I feel they wouldn't be as desirable either.

I think you might be mistaken, the accessory packs often contain 4 full figures not just pauldrons and belts.

36 minutes ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

I think you might be mistaken, the accessory packs often contain 4 full figures not just pauldrons and belts.

I am aware of the figures, but generally there will be other parts for accessories, for example the HP pack has wands, books and a table included, in the context of SW, the most figure-related accessories could be exemplified within the OT and PT, though I would be open to other set ideas

Edited by Stuartn

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Hoth AT-ST sounds pretty decent :thumbup: Between this and the Hoth Scout Trooper, one could think that they initially wanted to release some ROTJ sets before changing their minds, but keeping the set ideas :laugh_hard: Good thing there aren‘t any Hoth Ewoks

I think you're on to something there. I'm surprised we're not getting a baby Wampa *cough* ewok. :laugh:

19 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I agree that in the grand scheme of things, it's nowhere near an X-wing or TIE fighter in terms of recognition. Compared to the two vehicles mentioned though, I think it is. Its close association with the protagonist helps (it's pretty much Luke's only way of getting around Tatooine, at least that he uses on screen). In contrast, the Venators and ARC-170s mostly play a supporting role to the main characters in that scene in RotS (I'm assuming that most people won't have watched TCW), and even then there isn't really any direct interaction between the main characters and the Venators. The further removed from the protagonists a thing is, the less likely Joe Bloggs will remember it, IMHO.

Sticking with RotS, I'd say the landspeeder is on about the same level as the Eta-2 Jedi Starfighters, which is reflected in the number of playscale sets they've had - it doesn't scream Star Wars in the same way the Millennium Falcon or a Star Destroyer would, but I think most people will recognise them. The difference is that there are at least four unique colourways for those, so they may not feel as repetitive as the landspeeder. Hopefully that will be our next prequel UCS.

The assumption that the average fan hasn't watched CW is, IMO, outdated and wrong. With how accessible the SW TV shows are now and how mainstream CW Season 7 was the average SW fan has most definitely watched portions if not all the CW. It's not 2008 anymore so the Venator and Arc have gotten a lot more screentime and out of a crowd, I guarantee they're more recognizable as SW than a Landspeeder.

Also, I have a question about displaying the Gunship. Has anyone attempted to remove one wing since it's so large cause I can't seem to work out how without it affecting the cannons in some way.

Also, sorry mod if this is the wrong place to ask this so here we are. 

Edited by kidtheboss611

45 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

The assumption that the average fan hasn't watched CW is, IMO, outdated and wrong. With how accessible the SW TV shows are now and how mainstream CW Season 7 was the average SW fan has most definitely watched portions if not all the CW. It's not 2008 anymore so the Venator and Arc have gotten a lot more screentime and out of a crowd, I guarantee they're more recognizable as SW than a Landspeeder.

Possibly - Disney+ certainly will have changed that, although it hasn't been around for long. I think most people would probably have watched the films, then the Mandalorian, and then TCW off the back of the second season. I still don't think it would be a landslide but you could be right.

Anecdotally: I am watching TCW after finishing The Mandalorian because it's on Disney+ and I might as well watch it while I'm subscribed.

10 minutes ago, jimmynick said:

Anecdotally: I am watching TCW after finishing The Mandalorian because it's on Disney+ and I might as well watch it while I'm subscribed.

'might as well'... 

I find your lack of faith disturbing... :yoda: :laugh:

Interestingly, what got you watching mandalorian before TCW? 

4 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Yeah, The Clone Wars hasn’t been very accessible in Australia. I believe it only became available on demand in 2014 on Netflix which didn’t become widespread until ~2017-18. I didn’t watch it until 2019 after I’d watched all of Rebels and I first watched Empire in 1995. One of our major retailers, KMart, won’t even carry stock of the TCW sets at the moment so they only stock half the current wave.

15 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Hoth AT-ST sounds pretty decent :thumbup: Between this and the Hoth Scout Trooper, one could think that they initially wanted to release some ROTJ sets before changing their minds, but keeping the set ideas :laugh_hard: Good thing there aren‘t any Hoth Ewoks

Haha, I can totally imagine this scenario in my head... :D
The employees gathering around the morning coffee table when the CEO crushes in and asks if the Episode V sets are ready as they are going to the production line tomorrow, when the brave one tells that he spoke about Episode VI earlier. "The difference between V and VI is I, aren't I?" the CEO laughs and leaves the room leaving the employees staring at each other.

That one as a joke, I am honestly very happy that we get more scout trooper helmets (also in this year's Advent calendar) and that Lego actually pays attention to the traditional Expanded Universe lore.

I still think the best scaled AT-ST was in the 2009 Battle of Endor set, but I'm looking forward to the new Hoth version. 

Is there any word on figures with the UCS Landspeeder? I'm not a UCS scale fan, but I like the vehicle, I know it's not necessarily a popular choice though. Uncle Owen, Luke and Ben are pretty much as good as they can be, I guess more printing on R2 or 3PO would be good though. Beru would be a dream, but not in a £180ish set. 

Edited by Seaber

4 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Is there any word on figures with the UCS Landspeeder? I'm not a UCS scale fan, but I like the vehicle, I know it's not necessarily a popular choice though. Uncle Owen, Luke and Ben are pretty much as good as they can be, I guess more printing on R2 or 3PO would be good though. Beru would be a dream, but not in a £180ish set. 

I heard Luke and C-3PO

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

I still think the best scaled AT-ST was in the 2009 Battle of Endor set, but I'm looking forward to the new Hoth version. 

Promobricks just published their story on the set for anyone interested: https://www.promobricks.de/lego-ucs-landspeeder-erscheint-2022/129968/

It looks like it'll be Luke and C-3PO. Maybe they'll release a polybag of Beru as part of May the 4th?

12 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I don’t want to hear any complaints about the UCS Landspeeder figures.  Period. 

Someone somewhere will be crying about no Commander Cody 

55 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I don’t want to hear any complaints about the UCS Landspeeder figures.  Period. 

"I'm absolutely devastated that important bar patron Scrimblo Bimblo wasn't included in the UCS Landspeeder. Once again, Lego has ignored the fan's request and has done the bare minimal. So much for 'Only the best'."

I really hope the leg design for the Hoth AT-ST isn't a taller copy paste of the R1 and Mando one, personally I find the limbs a bit too wide for them. Minifigures sound bland but at least Snow Troopers will be easy to amass for it. 

9 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Also, I have a question about displaying the Gunship. Has anyone attempted to remove one wing since it's so large cause I can't seem to work out how without it affecting the cannons in some way.

Also, sorry mod if this is the wrong place to ask this so here we are. 

You're more likely to get an answer if you post it in the General Star Wars thread found in my signature.

22 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

This is star wars fans you're on about here. Theeeee most nit picky Eagle eyed detail sniper scrutinisers the world has ever seen :laugh:

When its a UCS landspeeder, I feel like its fair game 

3 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I heard Luke and C-3PO

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

It looks like it'll be Luke and C-3PO. Maybe they'll release a polybag of Beru as part of May the 4th?

Thanks both! Sounds like a nice bonus to the set but not a problem to skim em. 

It's very weird that we know the minifigs from the May the 4th set more than six months in advance, but we still don't know anything about the AT-AT that's supposedly coming out in, like, six weeks. Anybody have any idea what's up with that? I know Promobricks is reliable, but where could they be getting such an odd selection of info from?

8 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Yeah, The Clone Wars hasn’t been very accessible in Australia.

It used to be on the good old ABC for the first three seasons

Nice to know the Hoth AT-ST actually has longer legs. Still hoping that it'll fit 2 pilots even though 1 is included. It should be easy at that scale. 

Is it already known what the theme will be for the SW figure packs or what minifigures will be included? Is it the expected four per pack?

4 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Nice to know the Hoth AT-ST actually has longer legs. Still hoping that it'll fit 2 pilots even though 1 is included. It should be easy at that scale. 

Is it already known what the theme will be for the SW figure packs or what minifigures will be included? Is it the expected four per pack?

I see two likelihoods here:

1. it's the standard figure pack style. 3 re-used figures, a couple small builds, and one exclusive figure.

2. given that there are 2....maybe it's the battle packs? just a possibility.

Of course I could be completely wrong and it's a large GNK droid with a couple jedi bobs, but I think it'll be one of the two above.