MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

19 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

75341 UCS Landspeeder $199.99

This has gone too far...I know the memes, but did anyone seriously ask for this? Beyond the memes of it.

Maybe I am wrong, but my gut tells me this is fake. Just throwing that out there.  

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

26 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

75341 UCS Landspeeder $199.99

Is this a joke

Feels very tone deaf of lego, quite frankly nobody asked for a UCS landspeeder. I saw more criticism of the landspeeders being remade back in 2019 than love and demand for a UCS. It is not like Lego is desperate for new UCS ideas because there are multiple things they could do. A UCS Tie Bomber, Nebulon Frigate, Venator, Naboo Starship, Y-Wing remake, sail barge or even a UCS AT-TE. But a landspeeder, really? 

Oh man, people are gonna be upset about this... It's from Promobricks so unlikely it's a fake.

I am actually quite excited by a UCS landspeeder though. Land vehicles don't get nearly enough love in the UCS line, and some of the fan-made ones are amazing. It could be a really interesting build and it'll make for a very unique display piece.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

4 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

3 helmets

Except maybe two and not three...

Based on what we've seen so far, I'm tempted to agree. It's far from being dreadful but compared to recent waves it's not sounding strong for me personally. However we haven't had the whole wave revealed yet so I'll reserve my judgment for now.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

14 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Wow, what a surprise, Lego makes another Hoth set! Who could have expected this? On more serious note why is At-St 60$? Last imperial version (2016) was 40$, and it was awesome! Why would they make it even bigger and more expensive? And what does 18+ label add to it? So far winter wave seems like same old same old. 

Because it, like the battle pack and likely the helmet, is an 18+ display piece to go alongside the UCS set, not part of the system wave.

3 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

The Wave for winter so far:

Hoth Battle Pack

Hoth AT-ST

3 helmets

UCS Landspeeder

Not exactly a strong wave

I love all these doom and gloom "oh no, its hoth sets" comments when the only system set to leak is a razor crest microfighter. The AT-ST is an 18+ tie-in, and while not confirmed the hoth battle pack really seems to be as well with the display stand. We haven't even had any of the system sets leak and it's already "oh god no it's sets based off the OT, lego is literally just satan"

The UCS landspeeder is hilarious on one level, but on the other hand, it's a pretty damn iconic vehicle and makes sense as a UCS set, since we've never gotten a UCS one before.

1 minute ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Except maybe two and not three...

Based on what we've seen so far, I'm tempted to agree. It's far from being dreadful but compared to recent waves it's not sounding strong for me personally. However we haven't had the whole wave revealed yet so I'll reserve my judgment for now.

Two? I don’t know where you heard two but there are three helmets. The mandalorian, Skywalker Pilot and AT AT pilot helmet

You know what, mad respect for lego for doing this. This is the ultimate troll, and it’s gonna po the community off so much…

The Wave for winter so far:

Hoth Battle Pack

Hoth AT-ST

3 helmets

UCS Landspeeder

Not exactly a strong wave

You forgot the Razor Crest MF, the only saving grace so far… How sad is that :tongue:

The landspeeder is surely going to be an excellent model (with a potentially interesting windscreen piece), but it‘s a very weird choice to say the least *huh*

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Because it, like the battle pack and likely the helmet, is an 18+ display piece to go alongside the UCS set, not part of the system wave.

I love all these doom and gloom "oh no, its hoth sets" comments when the only system set to leak is a razor crest microfighter. The AT-ST is an 18+ tie-in, and while not confirmed the hoth battle pack really seems to be as well with the display stand. We haven't even had any of the system sets leak and it's already "oh god no it's sets based off the OT, lego is literally just satan"

The UCS landspeeder is hilarious on one level, but on the other hand, it's a pretty damn iconic vehicle and makes sense as a UCS set, since we've never gotten a UCS one before.

You are literally the only person I have seen actually want a UCS landspeeder set, just because it is iconic it does not mean it should be made. I never made my comment about doom and gloom, I just said the wave was not strong whatsoever

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

You forgot the Razor Crest MF, the only saving grace so far… How sad is that :tongue:

The landspeeder is surely going to be an excellent model (with a potentially interesting windscreen piece), but it‘s a very weird choice to say the least *huh*

Excellent model but not exactly wanted if you know what I mean.

Two? I don’t know where you heard two but there are three helmets. The mandalorian, Skywalker Pilot and AT AT pilot helmet

The rumour is that three exist, but one is likely to be cancelled. It's a bit of a weird one for sure but that's what the various (reliable) sources are saying.

Adding my name to the list of those in favour of the UCS landspeeder, BTW. :wink:

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

1 minute ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

..and all of the sources reporting this are also saying one got canceled...

Just now, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

You are literally the only person I have seen actually want a UCS landspeeder set, just because it is iconic it does not mean it should be made. I never made my comment about doom and gloom, I just said the wave was not strong whatsoever

No, I personally don't want it, but I'm saying it makes sense for it to be made. Remember, the target demographic of UCS sets is adult collecters, not specifically afols. And the landspeeder is just under the x-wing, falcon, and TIE in terms of iconicity for most older adults.

Yes, saying the wave is "not strong whatsoever", when we've heard 1 system set leak is pretty doom and gloom. Plus I just qouted you because it was the most recent, tons of people are lamenting that we'll never get a set based on newer content or that lego's tone deaf, etc.

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

...Satan, really? No one called them that or anything close. Hearing people complain about what lego does sometimes can get annoying, but frankly I don't understand why people whiteknight or simp for a corporation.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. So many awe-inspiring prequel-era vehicles that would benefit from the UCS treatment, but LEGO decides to go with Luke's Landspeeder. And for 200$ no less - probably way bigger than it needs to be to capture the details of the craft at a display scale.

It's been a while since I've complained about an upcoming D2C (with so many of them it doesn't hurt to skip a few), but this is a meme come true.

I wonder if this iteration of Farmboy Luke™️ will have a poncho and hat :laugh:

Luke’s Landspeeder is a decent enough UCS slot I suppose, although it’s a fairly boring choice. Can’t deny it being an iconic vehicle at least.

Also, what’s the deal with helmets and the May UCS being leaked before the full January 2022 set list? That’s just weird, I have my fingers painfully crossed for Rex’s blue Y-Wing.

Edited by T21Typhoon

6 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

The rumour is that three exist, but one is likely to be cancelled. It's a bit of a weird one for sure but that's what the various (reliable) sources are saying.

Adding my name to the list of those in favour of the UCS landspeeder, BTW. :wink:

I respect your opinion that you enjoy the landspeeder. 

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes, saying the wave is "not strong whatsoever", when we've heard 1 system set leak is pretty doom and gloom. 

We don‘t know how many other sets there are, so I‘m not overly optimistic for many non-OT sets. If the next reveals continue like this, it looks like a new pattern emerges with the 1HY sets being 90% OT and the 2HY sets being 90% non-OT :shrug_confused: How about some balance :tongue:

6 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

It was mentioned by promo bricks that while three were being made, only two were going to be released. The assumption is that luke is the one not to be released... 

However, it could mean a few things; 

It'll be released at a later point

Itll be some convention exclusive similar to nebulon b convention set

It'll be a vip points giveaway set (I doubt it, but throwing that in there) 

Cancelled for any variety of reasons

Any other number of reasons/delays currently unknown. 

As for the ucs landspeeder... 

While I'm expecting it to be true... I'm just hoping that it's the start of their leak finding exercise, and telling various different people different things, and finding out which 'info' finds it's way out... 

Or TLG are trolling us hard :laugh: (and giving me breathing space to recover from all the Hoth themed stuff!) 

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

..and all of the sources reporting this are also saying one got canceled...

No, I personally don't want it, but I'm saying it makes sense for it to be made. Remember, the target demographic of UCS sets is adult collecters, not specifically afols. And the landspeeder is just under the x-wing, falcon, and TIE in terms of iconicity for most older adults.

Yes, saying the wave is "not strong whatsoever", when we've heard 1 system set leak is pretty doom and gloom. Plus I just qouted you because it was the most recent, tons of people are lamenting that we'll never get a set based on newer content or that lego's tone deaf, etc.

Well I didn’t see the news that one was cancelled, don’t know what you mean. 

And how does a $200 version of a set that is disliked by mostly every Adult Fan of Lego make sense. Does not very strong mean bad? No, it was just a observation that I made.

3 minutes ago, T21Typhoon said:

I™️what’s the deal with helmets and the May UCS being leaked before the full January 2022 set list? That’s just weird, I have my fingers painfully crossed for Rex’s blue Y-Wing.

This has surprised me also. There's clearly one person with the list who is dripfeeding it to the community, so we're at the whim of what they decide to reveal really.

1 minute ago, Fuppylodders said:

As for the ucs landspeeder... 

While I'm expecting it to be true... I'm just hoping that it's the start of their leak finding exercise, and telling various different people different things, and finding out which 'info' finds it's way out... 

Or TLG are trolling us hard :laugh: (and giving me breathing space to recover from all the Hoth themed stuff!) 

Oh lord I hope its a fake Leak, I am about to cry if we really get a UCS landspeeder before a for example UCS venator. 

Edited by LemonFlavouredBleach

Wow! Landspeeder really?

I would take a redone UCS Vader Tie, B-Wing, AT-ST, almost anything over a speeder. I mean it is iconic, but next to other vehicles on a shelf at the size it would be, very underwhelming. At least its not a crazy expensive set, but they could have pushed this farther down the line.

Also, all these leaks, but still no pic of the AT-AT. I can't afford another set of that size, but I still want to see it!!

3 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Oh lord I hope its a fake Leak, I am about to cry if we really get a UCS landspeeder before a for example UCS venator. 

Am with you on that :thumbup: especially for the Venator. 

Also, seems everyone already pointed out the helmet thing while I was typing out my reply, didnt mean to add to it. 

Is it possible that system sets this wave might actually be reduced in favour of the 18+/hoth themed sets? 

Did the vader chamber set take up what might have been a system set slot? 

Also, a valid point.... Does iconic=desired ucs set? :look:

Edited by Fuppylodders