MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

39 minutes ago, Moexy said:

The AT-ST rumour (and price point) is very interesting. I hope the increase in price means a detailed minifigure scale version (till this day the Endor Bunker one is the closest version) that would sit nice next to a UCS AT-AT.

Yes, the last AT-STs (Rogue One and Mandalorian) are very good sets but actually oversized, while the old Endor one has a better scale. I think the AT-ST would be a good candidate for a minifig-scale or a slightly downscaled version like the last TIE Fighter and X-wing. But all at a lower price, not $60. I would pay $60 if they also include an Endor bunker entrance with a couple of rebel troopers.

11 minutes ago, storskogen said:

Yes, the last AT-STs (Rogue One and Mandalorian) are very good sets but actually oversized, while the old Endor one has a better scale. I think the AT-ST would be a good candidate for a minifig-scale or a slightly downscaled version like the last TIE Fighter and X-wing. But all at a lower price, not $60. I would pay $60 if they also include an Endor bunker entrance with a couple of rebel troopers.

I’m kinda assuming it might have a hoth themed base of sorts. Gotta be something that makes it specifically a hoth AT-ST

The AT-ST sounds interesting, since it is 18+, it may include two drivers seated side-by-side (which would be a first). Regarding the price, the Mando AT-ST Raider was $50 and included four Minifigs and no side builds, so a similarly-sized Hoth AT-ST with 4-5 Minifigs, a Minifig display stand (similar to the one in the Battle Pack), and a P-Tower side build could easily be $60.
For the Minifig breakdown, my guess is: AT-ST Driver (Mudtrooper/Veers helmet) - 2x, Snowtrooper Commander - 1x, Snowtrooper - 1x, Hoth Rebel Trooper - 1x. 

54 minutes ago, necrochasm said:

I’m kinda assuming it might have a hoth themed base of sorts. Gotta be something that makes it specifically a hoth AT-ST

The Hoth AT-ST is actually slightly different from the regular/Endor model. 

Hoth: 
ATST+ESB+side+juankplastik.jpg

Regular: 
Bandai+Star+Wars+AT-ST+-+Completed+09.jp

2 hours ago, Bobbtom said:

Found an interesting post on reddit showing the 41st clone and scout trooper in stock as replacement pieces. Confirmed it myself on the US website. Could be an error or a hint of 2022 sets?

yq6nysps95n71.png

These are the parts for the 2014 Kashyyyk Troopers Battle Pack, and since the 41st Scout's legs appear to use the old design rather than the new one, I assume that this is just an error. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

While I'm glad they're continuing the 18+ sets, $60 seems a bit much for an AT-ST even with a display base. The last couple releases have already been pushing it with the size.

Hopefully we find out what the rest of the wave is soon and the leakers don't keep dragging it out one set at a time.

3 hours ago, Meadius said:

$60 seems awfully expensive, but if it's 18+ I guess it might be worth it.

Lmao, I read it as AT-AT :tongue:

I thought it would be some kind of mid-scale display piece. Now my excitement has really gone down - it will just be a slightly bigger and perhaps more detailed version of the AT-ST, in lame Hoth setting...

I hope it looks great tho because an 18+ line of regular sets sounds like a dream.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:20 PM, ToaDraco said:

As much as I would love it, there's next to no chance we're getting sets for the kotor remake. Yes they made a Revan figure years ago, I have it and it's one of my favorite Star Wars minifigs and they made swtor sets but they've clearly since changed their tune on video game-based sets *cough* Fallen Order *cough* I think the best we can hope for is the possibility of Revan being an unlockable character in LSWtSS. 

Bit of a hot take here — Force Unleashed got a few sets so there's no reason KotOR can't.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

,meaning a new Snowspeeder can‘t be far behind :facepalm:

Normally I don't find myself wanting to get a slightly updated Snowspeeder... But I'm actually wanting them to release one as it'd be a perfect hoth wave, and... I'd hope they'd put effort into making a new canopy mould to do it justice and make it worthwhile to get one. 

3 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I suspect you could be right on the price and build contents. It seems very odd that an AT-ST would sell for more than the X-wing.

(even though they are technically the same vehicle).

I can't remember if it was here or in the Wishlist thread, but someone suggested an all-Hoth wave and I thought it was a pipe dream... But TLG seem to have taken that idea and run with it. Even taking the AT-AT tie-in into account this seems a bit much. I hope the next rumours have more of a mix of content.

The half at-st set 75201 kinda points otherwise :laugh:

They are technically the same 'type' of vehicle, but as classic spaceman shows, there are specific differences, namely the head is stubbier (shorter in height?) and the legs a lot taller. I'd wondered if the head was just the same size and longer legs made it look smaller, but no, definitely different enough to warrant it's own design... One would hope the designer would have noticed these differences too! 

I guess this also means potentially... A tauntaun incoming? 

It was me, literally an off the cuff comment with distant hopes, but never would have imagined they'd do it, and I'm glad they appear to be doing so(just the Snowspeeder left!). They want this ucs atat to sell, give it everything periphery wise it needs to increase those sales. Then they can lay to rest ESB for plenty of time and focus on other stuff for years. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The Hoth AT-ST is actually slightly different from the regular/Endor model. 

Hoth: 
Regular: 

Perfect representations of the differences 

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Weird that they‘re releasing more Hoth sets now than they did in 2020, when they actually would‘ve had a good reason :tongue:

Maybe they were going to, and aiming for 2020 but given random circumstances, it didn't happen (perhaps stability issues with the ucs version delayed it, maybe covid production issues, maybe mandalorian had priority, who knows :shrug_oh_well:), it does seem a bit of a coincidence just one year after, they're doing a Hoth themed wave. 

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

The half at-st set 75201 kinda points otherwise :laugh:

They are technically the same 'type' of vehicle, but as classic spaceman shows, there are specific differences, namely the head is stubbier (shorter in height?) and the legs a lot taller. I'd wondered if the head was just the same size and longer legs made it look smaller, but no, definitely different enough to warrant it's own design... One would hope the designer would have noticed these differences too! 

I guess this also means potentially... A tauntaun incoming? 

It was me, literally an off the cuff comment with distant hopes, but never would have imagined they'd do it, and I'm glad they appear to be doing so(just the Snowspeeder left!). They want this ucs atat to sell, give it everything periphery wise it needs to increase those sales. Then they can lay to rest ESB for plenty of time and focus on other stuff for years. 

Oh man, I'd erased that awful set from my memory... No thanks for reminding me :laugh:

Nice to see those two pictures together, being so used to the RotJ version does make the ESB one look quite odd! All I remembered was that is slightly spindlier... Since it's an 18+ set I have to assume it'll come with a base, I wonder if that means it'll need a stand as well. That would allow them to get some quite accurate shapes without having to worry too much about the physics of it.

Having this many sets intended to complement a UCS is an interesting tactic for sure. Has this been done before? I know they tried to do it with the infamous Assault on Hoth (it was said to be UCS at the time IIRC) but delays kinda screwed that one up.

On a separate note has anyone in Europe noticed anything weird about the distribution of the summer wave sets? I've checked in various shops in both Finland and Switzerland now, and the only ones they seem to be stocking are Duel on Mandalore and the Slave I. I haven't seen Gideon's cruiser or either of the Marauders anywhere.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

3 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Bit of a hot take here — Force Unleashed got a few sets so there's no reason KotOR can't.

I don't think sets based on a game are 100% not happening, but we are in a very different place right now in terms of new media releases for Star Wars compared to when Force Unleashed released. Back then there wasn't a whole lot on the horizon, and the prequels had ended pretty recently. We have tons of shows coming out, and even a few movies in the next few years, so I'm guessing Lego will probably prioritize those over any games. With the amount of TV shows we're getting will be lucky to get one set from most of them.

Speaking of which, I know it will never happen but I'd love to get a set based on Visions. It just looks very fun, so something representing it would have been nice.

The way they do the 18+ Star Wars sets, I can totally see them making an AT-ST more accurately sized for minifigures that uses soooo many tiny parts and has a big base that they then sell it for $60.

It's a theme. On face value the parts count for the prices don't look bad, but the resulting model sizes are pretty small.

I honestly don't get the Hoth love and never have. Back when I watched the movies on VHS tapes, I'd fast forward through Hoth every time because it dragged on and on so much and I wanted to get to the rest of the movie. As a battle Endor was and is so much more exciting to me, and yet we've only gotten one Endor bunker in all this time - still one of the best OT sets ever IMO. I guess it's because ESB is the "best one" in popular opinion, so many of the new 18+ sets are based on that now that LEGO is doing this variety of 18+ display thingies.

Regarding the helmets, I think the Mando and AT-AT driver will look and sell the best, making the Luke helmet, in my opinion, most likely to be cancelled. However, that is also the helmet I am the most curious about. Oh well, I still won't buy any of them, the helmets aren't for me. 

As for the 18+ AT-ST, super cool to see the slight differences between Endor and Hoth. I haven't gotten at AT-ST since 7127, so this would be a cool return for walkers (no pun intended). 

*Getting on my tinfoil hat* This looks like a delayed 2020 wave for Hoth for the anniversary. We had a smattering of sets but they seemed a little random and this brings it to completion. However, the UCS AT-AT doesn't match up as that was an MBS year, so...anyways, if that is the case, LEGO...2022 is the 20th for AOTC, just saying...

I do like these smaller (non-UCS) 18+ sets to really round out the adult collection and increase offerings for that demographic. I love the system sets too, but it's a welcome change. Problem is, still want those ships and minifigs that are in the system sets too.

I am not getting the AT-AT when it finally arrives, but would sure seem whatever difference or size the Hoth AT-ST is, you would it would fit perfectly to the scale of the UCS AT-AT. Combined with the hoth battle pack, apparently they want everyone to spend $1000+ to recreate hoth?!

They already had the Hoth MBS, maybe they will make an 18+ Shield Generator next! And pretend the previous set didn't happen!

4 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

They already had the Hoth MBS, maybe they will make an 18+ Shield Generator next! And pretend the previous set didn't happen!

If they can do it with the right number of "dishes" this time :iamded_lol:

I’ve found the Star Wars January waves the past couple years to be kind of dull and playing it safe; this year is no different. It feels like the last few years, there’s been a trend of people complaining about more OT retreads in 1HY but then all the really exciting stuff comes out in 2HY. I was in that camp for 2020 and 2021 at least. We also just got a bunch of stuff from the shows in the last wave so it makes sense that they’re going to want to get more of the classic stuff out in the next one.

I’m wondering how they’re going to go about this 18+ AT-ST. I don’t know if 10 more dollars is enough of a price increase for this to be a huge display one, especially with Lego scaling down the Star Wars vehicles this year.

Edited by The Stud

Honestly, a part of me wonders if this could be due to the issues with Assault on Hoth a few years ago. They feel like they want to play it safe by releasing everything at once so that there can't be issues with no Rebel/Imperial sets to go with the given UCS at release. 

I can see that being a thought process that they have. Given the hugely obvious mistake in 2015/16 releases, they could definitely want to release everything at once. 

However, staggering releases increases the value as older sets generally have more value than newer sets.

I'm okay with paying 60$ for a highly detailed AT-ST if its done well. So far I don't have a lot of confidence for this wave and I really hope the summer wave will feature mostly Bad Batch and BoBF stuff.

So far I'm saving a lot of money on LEGO Star Wars this spring... what a mediocre line up so far. I love the AT-ST, but do we really need a $60 18+ "Hoth version"? I'm picturing an overpriced static display model. Maybe they're saving it for the summer and fall waves, but next year is the 20th anniversary of AotC and I'll be furious if we don't get at least 4 or 5 sets based on the film.

13 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

So far I'm saving a lot of money on LEGO Star Wars this spring... what a mediocre line up so far. I love the AT-ST, but do we really need a $60 18+ "Hoth version"? I'm picturing an overpriced static display model. Maybe they're saving it for the summer and fall waves, but next year is the 20th anniversary of AotC and I'll be furious if we don't get at least 4 or 5 sets based on the film.

I wouldn’t expect that considering almost none of the ot films got that many sets other than what they usually do.

7 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

75341 UCS Landspeeder $199.99

Oh my god the memes have finally come true.