MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

If the Mando helmet is actually shaped properly and not based on the Minifigure Mando, it wouldn't be a recolour of Boba's. Their actual shapes have pretty distinct differences from each other.

Given LEGO's other representations of Mando though, it's just as likely it won't be shaped properly.

Why are we getting leaks for April wave and not January? So many of my purchases depend on a January wave and i have no patience.

I am okay with helmets being original trilogy. I have 0 interest in them. My brain can't actually process the fact that people will buy a tiny brickbuilt helmet for 60$ when there is an actual helmet prop from hasbro for 100$ - 125$. I guess to each their own. Mando will definitely sell the most. My first guess on the cancelled one would be Luke's helmet cause there is a big chance they couldn't replicate it good enough in the LEGO form , but it's most likely AT-AT pilot cause LEGO is doing what hasbro is doing and hasbro doesn't have one.

I really hope not. There's no way I'll be able to get the UCS AT-AT at least for a couple months after its release.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

10/1 that luke's helmet is the one cancelled and it's because the visor didn't work with the coloration and level of transparency. 

Yeah, AT-AT driver is probably also a complementary thing. They're really making an event out of this AT-AT set, I hope it's good.

It should work if they could use two of this piece https://brickset.com/parts/4525915/shell-6x8x2-w-bow-angle. The star bird could be done with a similar solution as the TIE Pilot helmet and the Imperial insignia. The chinstrap might be hardest part though.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

If the Mando helmet is actually shaped properly and not based on the Minifigure Mando, it wouldn't be a recolour of Boba's. Their actual shapes have pretty distinct differences from each other.

Given LEGO's other representations of Mando though, it's just as likely it won't be shaped properly.

Ah, you're right. Mando's helmet is taller and thinner and has a ridgeline running front to back. I think I've spent more time looking at their minifigs than their actual on-screen appearances together :laugh:

5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

The Mando helmet is a buy, the others are a pass. It would definitely be nice to get some non OT helmets, I think LEGO greatly underestimates how many Clone Trooper helmets they could sell and how easy it would be to basically sell the same set with a few different colors for years and people will eat it up, myself included.

Do the clone helmets like the Art sets where there's a blank P1 and a blank P2 and green, red, blue and orange bricks to swap out for various troopers. 

8 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Do the clone helmets like the Art sets where there's a blank P1 and a blank P2 and green, red, blue and orange bricks to swap out for various troopers. 

I'm actually surprised TLG hasn't better capitalized on sets where a handful of bricks could make the set a 2 in one, they've mostly reserved that for the X-wings and tthey did it for the UCS Falcon, but there are many time they could have, Tantive comes to mind. I like you idea for multiple clone colorations.

I'd buy all three of these sets but if one is cancelled its safe to say its not Mando. Luke's helmet is the final iconic helmet from the OT that would transfer well / easily to the helmet collection. I'd love to see PT and even Kylo Ren, but as far as OT iconic helmets I feel like Luke (Rebel Pilot), Snowtrooper, and Imperial Guard are the most obvious and the latter two would be tough designs imo.

38 minutes ago, Archer said:

I'm actually surprised TLG hasn't better capitalized on sets where a handful of bricks could make the set a 2 in one, they've mostly reserved that for the X-wings and tthey did it for the UCS Falcon, but there are many time they could have, Tantive comes to mind. I like you idea for multiple clone colorations.

They've done this with the leaves in the Treehouse and Bonsai sets, and the newly announced Fender Stratocaster comes with bricks to make either a red or black body, so they're obviously open to the idea of multiple colour possibilities in the one set. Plain clones with extra coloured bricks would be the perfect opportunity to bring this into the LSW line-up.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

It's a great idea, but I don't think there's much incentive for Lego to do so. It makes more sense to just sell th individually, so people just buy all of them. I imagine it probably wouldn't make a huge difference sales-wise since the really dedicated fans will probably just buy one for each color regardless, but even if that is the case then there's not much of a reason for Lego to have the other colors in the first place. The only reason I think they'd do multiple colors in one set is just to please fans, which isn't impossible but isn't necessarily likely either. Luckily this is Lego we're talking about, so even if they just release one 501st helmet anyone that wants a different legion can just bricklink the parts and mod it. 

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

60â‚Ĵ AT-AT? Yes please. Also, apparently it's an 18+ set. That got me intrigued :excited:

$60 seems awfully expensive, but if it's 18+ I guess it might be worth it.

16 minutes ago, DrCoomer said:

75322 is a Hoth AT-ST and will retail for $60 according to a reliable source in the usual place.

I imagine this will come with a small side-build at that price point.

In the comments, the Reliable Source also said at least 5 sets are coming. Assume that means that specific wave the AT-ST comes in. 

Hate to say it, but I'm going to be disappointed if the AT-ST is $60. I have the 2015 AT ST and it's incredibly detailed and accurate, but I was hoping that that lego would keep on selling the scaled down, more inexpensive vehicles from this year. Prior to this year the sets were becoming huge and incredibly expensive ($90 for a tie fighter!), and looked comically huge next to minifigures.

I liked the scaled down versions of for maintaining a high level of detail while looking like good sets that were much more affordable for all. However, I like the current price point and scale for capital ships.

Edited by Bobbtom

On 9/3/2021 at 11:44 AM, Fuppylodders said:

Makes me wonder, that the ucs atat isn't simply a one vehicle wonder, as in, its involved with a fair few other vehicles that compliment it, and thus to help entice sales, for them to do an ESB hoth wave...? So, we now know (rumoured) there to be a snow trooper battle pack. If they release a snow speeder too? And on top of that, the hoth variant ATST... Well... Right there you got yourself the means to buy a full sized official TLG provided Hoth battle scene. I'm waiting to see who the first person is that buys 3 ucs atat's and packs a diorama with a bucket load of new snow trooper battle packs and modifies one atat to be taken down by a snow speeder. Its just got to happen.... 

1 hour ago, DrCoomer said:

75322 is a Hoth AT-ST and will retail for $60 according to a reliable source in the usual place.

I imagine this will come with a small side-build at that price point.

They're about to make me reeeeeally happy :wub:

Also, $60 doesn't seem too bad to me for an atst... I'm guessing there could be similar black stand stuff for it kinda thing which might eat up some piece count so perhaps the price isn't exclusively reflective of the vehicle itself? Either way, am looking forward to see if they actually get the hoth version features correct... Smaller head, longer legs etc... 

Edited by Fuppylodders

Technically, it‘s a new set since they‘ve never done a Hoth AT-ST before, but it only appears on-screen for like 3 seconds :tongue: And it‘s yet another Hoth set, meaning a new Snowspeeder can‘t be far behind :facepalm:

Minifig-wise, this is going to be extremely boring tooâ€Ĥ I hope the non-OT sets of this wave have something more interesting to offer

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And it‘s yet another Hoth set, meaning a new Snowspeeder can‘t be far behind :facepalm:

I'm still holding out hope for a new cockpit mould, that would make a snowspeeder worth buying

Found an interesting post on reddit showing the 41st clone and scout trooper in stock as replacement pieces. Confirmed it myself on the US website. Could be an error or a hint of 2022 sets?

yq6nysps95n71.png

Lego is in love with Hoth and I know it sells well but holy crap they really love it. 50% of the leaked sets have been Hoth and considering all the new content on the way and releasing this year I'm starting to believe in the Lego is stuck in the past theory. I love Hoth but with over 6 new SW projects from 2020-22, I feel like half a wave for Hoth sets is a bit much. 

Wow, what a surprise, Lego makes another Hoth set! Who could have expected this? On more serious note why is At-St 60$? Last imperial version (2016) was 40$, and it was awesome! Why would they make it even bigger and more expensive? And what does 18+ label add to it? So far winter wave seems like same old same old. 

I was getting more and more worried that both January and April waves are going to be mostly Original Trilogy. I can already see a rebels battlepack, wampa cave, snowspeeder, some sort of 30$ hut build... etc. 

AT-ST is really cool and i would love to have another one with maybe a cool pilot figure, but why is it 60$? I fear that 18+ actually means = 40$ AT-ST build and 20$ of white/black pieces as display and in that case i have no interest in that set. Maybe i am wrong though and they will make an accurate model instead in which case i am interested.

I can't hide my disappointment with every single leaked set for now. It's absolutely disgusting, we recently had an ending to beloved clone wars show, we recently saw so many things in the mandalorian and in the bad batch show and we recently had an entire trilogy and they go back and do stuff from the 80ies. We had like 11 empire strike back sets in last 3 years not counting UCS AT-AT. I am slowly losing all hope.

Weird that they‘re releasing more Hoth sets now than they did in 2020, when they actually would‘ve had a good reason :tongue:

I don‘t mind THAT much if the rest of the wave is a bit more balanced. Hopefully, the Razor Crest MF isn‘t the only non-OT set :sceptic:

27 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

AT-ST is really cool and i would love to have another one with maybe a cool pilot figure, but why is it 60$? I fear that 18+ actually means = 40$ AT-ST build and 20$ of white/black pieces as display and in that case i have no interest in that set. Maybe i am wrong though and they will make an accurate model instead in which case i am interested.

I suspect you could be right on the price and build contents. It seems very odd that an AT-ST would sell for more than the X-wing.

Normally I'd be quite meh about an AT-ST since I don't find it a particularly inspiring vehicle, but at least the prospect of it being the Hoth version could make it something different. I hope it is actually different though, and not the same shape as the RotJ version (even though they are technically the same vehicle).

I can't remember if it was here or in the Wishlist thread, but someone suggested an all-Hoth wave and I thought it was a pipe dream... But TLG seem to have taken that idea and run with it. Even taking the AT-AT tie-in into account this seems a bit much. I hope the next rumours have more of a mix of content.

1 hour ago, Bobbtom said:

Found an interesting post on reddit showing the 41st clone and scout trooper in stock as replacement pieces. Confirmed it myself on the US website. Could be an error or a hint of 2022 sets?

*snip*

We can but hope. I've been thinking of getting a few 41st troops since they seem to be a bit cheaper than 212ths, would love to see them come back.

The AT-ST rumour (and price point) is very interesting. I hope the increase in price means a detailed minifigure scale version (till this day the Endor Bunker one is the closest version) that would sit nice next to a UCS AT-AT.

I do follow what’s been said. Although The Empire Strikes Back is my favourite movie, I would like to see some sets from other eras/media â€Ĥ

5 minutes ago, Moexy said:

The AT-ST rumour (and price point) is very interesting. I hope the increase in price means a detailed minifigure scale version (till this day the Endor Bunkerïğż one is the closest version) that would sit nice next to a UCS AT-AT.

I do follow what’s been said. Although The Empire Strikes Back is my favourite movie, I would like to see some sets from other eras/media â€Ĥ

Not sure what you mean by minifigure scale.... I do like the endor bunker at-st  because it doesn't look comically huge next to minifigures, but the 2022 one at a $60 price point is going to be way bigger than the endor one and the same size or  even bigger than the 2015 one.

Edited by Bobbtom