MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

While the Razor Crest is definitely a MF that should be made, how many sets will that make with (presumably) Beskar Mando, four? Although putting him in something at that affordable price point is a good move for fans who don't have that fig yet.

holy megablocks I sign off for a week and the forum’s a bigger mess then Alderaan 

I remember there being rumors of a Slave 1 micro fighter last year, maybe this is when we get it. 

2 hours ago, legobagel said:

Figured it would happen eventually, hoping it is accompanied by a Slave I. Hopefully OT Slave I so I don't feel bad spending $50 for a new Boba Fett fig, haha.

I’m the opposite, lmao, I hope it’s the new Boba so I don’t have to spend 50 bucks on a Slave 1 I highly dislike.  Wouldn’t completely shock me if they put Fennec in, tho. 

Edited by hondohnaka

2 hours ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

That is just lying bro, @ me to someone who asked and begged for a hoth battle pack.

I meant a interior that fits figures like the guy said. 

Hi! I wanted a hoth battle pack, and like I said if you go back a year or so in the future star wars sets thread there was like a solid week of posts including the hoth battle pack and people generally agreeing it would be nice. That's understandably a bit of effort to go to, but if you really don't believe anyone wanted a hoth battle pack, that's a place to start. 

Anyway, in terms of interiors that fit figures... the UCS falcon, the UCS sandcrawler, death star (though that'd be classified MBS nowadays I guess), Slave one, and probably other ones I'm forgetting are all meant to fit figures in them. I think it's very likely, especially considering that part of the AT-AT's iconicity is that image of Veers and the two drivers in the cockpit, that we'll see figures with it.

3 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

You need to chill, this is no way to treat another human being over 1 leaked set. I hate original trilogy more than anything in this world, i couldn't sit through 1 of the OT movies even if my life was on the line and i would still like imperial battle pack like stormtroopers, juggernaut tank troopers, new scout trooper, death troopers, shoretroopers and all the cool troopers we saw in the mandalorian or even endor troops. Secondly we only got 1 set leaked and you are mad that it's not the one you wanted, maybe there is another clone battlepack or other cool clone sets. We don't know anything yet. 

Ton of people asked for that battlepack and ton of people embraced with open hands on youtube and reddit, even i will buy at least 3 if the speeders are accurate. Hoth battle is very popular and i know some people disagree with brickset logic, but old snowtrooper battlepack is the most owned set on the site and i remember from childhood everyone had multiple of them. Would something from clone wars season 7, the mandalorian or the bad batch be better than something from a 42 year old movie? Ofc it would, it's still fresh in our mind and we are excited for it, but this is still a decent and safe pick and it will go with regular and ucs sized AT-AT.

I'll be honest, that OT thing may be the first time I've heard that particular opinion, but hey, no hate, there are definately films I physically cannot sit through (though the only star wars one is the holiday special, I can never get past the part where chewbacca's grandfather watches... *ahem* certain entertainment)

Like you say, there are definately more eye-popping choices (some of which I'm sure will actually be in the wave, I'd be shocked if there isn't at least one other battle pack), but the hoth set is a pretty safe choice.

2 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Good to see more substantiated rumours coming in, so we have a Hoth Imperial BP and a Razor Crest MF. I am also guessing the other MF set will also be Mandalorian related

Yeah, it's a solid choice. Cheap way to get mando, and ofc razor crest microfighters have been around for forever.

A Razor Crest microfighter was bound to happen sooner or later. Wonder if they keep the arm printing on Mando or omit it like they did for the Wookie Gunship?

Don't mind if the second microfighter is Slave I assuming Boba also keeps the arm printing, but I also wouldn't mind Gideon's TIE Fighter if it meant having a more affordable way of getting the show's main villain.

55 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Anyway, in terms of interiors that fit figures... the UCS falcon, the UCS sandcrawler, death star (though that'd be classified MBS nowadays I guess), Slave one, and probably other ones I'm forgetting are all meant to fit figures in them. I think it's very likely, especially considering that part of the AT-AT's iconicity is that image of Veers and the two drivers in the cockpit, that we'll see figures with it.

The UCS Imperial Shuttle can also fit four minifigures in the cockpit. Really hoping at the very least the AT-AT cockpit can open to fit the pilots and Veers.

3 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

While the Razor Crest is definitely a MF that should be made, how many sets will that make with (presumably) Beskar Mando, four? Although putting him in something at that affordable price point is a good move for fans who don't have that fig yet.

I imagine I'm in the minority here but considering that I probably won't be getting either of the sets including the original version of the Mando I actually kind of hope it's that one. We already have two fairly cheap sets including the Beskar suit, so it might make sense for Lego to put the OG version in another set (unless they just don't feel like making that one anymore, which honestly is fair since it's only in like 2 episodes of the entire series).

1 hour ago, wesker said:

I also wouldn't mind Gideon's TIE Fighter if it meant having a more affordable way of getting the show's main villain.

They have to leave something exclusive in the Light Cruiser set minifig-wise. Dark Troopers you would assume would make it into a Battlepack, Shand will probably be in Book of Boba Fett set(s) although they could leave the Helmet here as exclusive I guess and just give her hair elsewhere but other than that Gideon is the only one that would make sense to leave exclusive here ala Director Krennic and his shuttle.

6 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

old snowtrooper battlepack is the most owned set on the site and i remember from childhood everyone had multiple of them.

Is this true? That's quite interesting, I never would have guessed it would be that one.

RC microfighter is not unexpected, but I'm not crazy about it. Poor Mando seems to be turning into the new farmboy Luke :laugh:

Just now, TeddytheSpoon said:

Poor Mando seems to be turning into the new farmboy Luke :laugh:

You take that back! If there's once thing I can count on in my life is that there will be a new landspeeder every 2 to 3 years and if I could replace that AT-AT with anything, I'd choose an $800 landspeeder every single day.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

A Razor Crest microfighter was bound to happen sooner or later. Wonder if they keep the arm printing on Mando or omit it like they did for the Wookie Gunship?

Don't mind if the second microfighter is Slave I assuming Boba also keeps the arm printing, but I also wouldn't mind Gideon's TIE Fighter if it meant having a more affordable way of getting the show's main villain.

While Slave 1 and Gideon Tie are great choices I really hope we get a BB-based duo micro-fighter pack. I think the BB Shuttle with Hunter and Fennec's ship with her new fig would be a perfect set cause it'd be an easier and cheaper way to make figs available. I only say this cause the designers said they don't want figs to be locked behind a paywall so it would make sense to make figs like Hunter, Fennec, Boba, etc. available. 

Also regarding the recent Lego video on the Gunship, I find it funny and ironic that the one set that fan's voted for has the most issues and seems to not have been given the same care or focus as other sets. You would think since it was fan-voted it'd get more "support" but that doesn't seem to be the case cause from the videos and box logo it seems the designers simply do not give a ****. However, it has been sold out for a while on shop at home so hopefully, that means it sold well but I'm not sure if that is an actual indication of sales. Does anyone know if it is or is that standard with UCS releases?

Note: My opinions on the Gunship have nothing to do with figure selection I quite like my pilot.

Edited by kidtheboss611

8 hours ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

What are you, a idiot? When have you seen anybody ask for a hoth battle pack. Everyone that I have seen has been asking for a clone battle pack for army building since the Clone Wars is popular again. It is people like you defending things like this that will lead Lego to doing more tone deaf things like this. So what if the 501st battle pack was the last one, that is the market and the demand of collectors right now. And yes, it is true that Lego doesn’t embrace Clone Wars sets since we rarely get those anymore aside from 4 in the last 2 years.

Wack logic, you don’t see any battle pack tie ins to the UCS gunship, the UCS snowspeeder, or the UCS A-wing.

Bro, since when do UCS sets have interiors?? Laughing irl at you

Firstly, I'm not your 'bro'... 

Secondly, I'm guessing you're either a kid, or used to reddit-given your mannerism of text here. This isn't reddit, nor are kids meant to be here. Sort it out one way or the other. 

Thirdly, ucs Slave 1 has a level of interior, given you can slide the carbonite freezing block in-its interior... UCS millennium falcon has an interior.

The ATAT is a transport, it may very well have a partial interior similar to that of the ucs millennium falcon. 

People also said there's noooo way the ucs Republic gunship would *not* have a pilot because there's just no precedence, while I was positive that's not a guarantee, and that I believed there would be no pilot as there was no solid reason for one to *have* to be in the set. Guess what. TLG broke the mould and didn't include a pilot. TLG can and do, do what they want. 

So you can take your smarmy 'laughing irl at you' and stick it. 

And go back to reddit, or tiktok. 

Or where ever children hang out these days

Wonder why the set names are revealed one by one. Whatever happened to set lists just dropping in their entirety :laugh_hard: It‘s a bit more suspenseful, I‘ll give it that

And it‘s funny how the vastly superior Beskar Mando minifig is now so much easier to acquire than the first version. Told you at the beginning of the year that Beskar Mando would be EVERYWHERE soon :tongue: 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

8 hours ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

That is just lying bro, @ me to someone who asked and begged for a hoth battle pack.

No one with a sliver of self respect would beg for anything, let alone for a LEGO set. 

2 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Is this true? That's quite interesting, I never would have guessed it would be that one.

1. Rey's Speeder 21845 entires, 2. Snowtrooper battle pack 21746 entires, 3. Rebel trooper battle pack (hoth version) 20421 entires.

Not particulary interested in the microfighter unless mando has an actual face or a different print cause i already have 2 beskar mando figures + i will get 1 in the forge set, i guess it will be a cheaper way for kids to get him if they didn't buy trouble on tatooine. Hoping for Boba to be the opposing microfighter.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wonder why the set names are revealed one by one. Whatever happened to set lists just dropping in their entirety :laugh_hard: It‘s a bit more suspenseful, I‘ll give it that

I was wondering that, especially since the City and Harry Potter ones dropped all in one go. Clearly whoever has the Star Wars list is doing a bit of drip feeding... How many sets is enough to open a new thread? :laugh:

9 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

No one with a sliver of self respect would beg for anything, let alone for a LEGO set. 

1. Rey's Speeder 21845 entires, 2. Snowtrooper battle pack 21746 entires, 3. Rebel trooper battle pack (hoth version) 20421 entires.

I think my parents would dispute that first point given some of my antics as a young child :laugh: that Brickset list is fascinating though. Rey's Speeder is especially surprising.

I agree that they really should give Mando a face in the microfighter, he's had plenty of incremental upgrades thus far but sticking with the plain black head would be an odd decision to say the least.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Giving Mando a face this time around would be good incentive for people who already have the figure several times over to drop money on the microfighter. At least it would be a cheap option if it goes this way.

Hm, Mando finally getting a faceprint woud indeed be a good incentive to buy the Microfighter. Still kind of doubtful though :shrug_oh_well: Din showed his face for the first time in S1, so they already should‘ve made the change for this year‘s 2HY sets at the latest :tongue: Better late than never, but I‘m not expecting it

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

4 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

They have to leave something exclusive in the Light Cruiser set minifig-wise.

No, they don't. 

Remember that dude with the fake set list (the one with the Silver Angel to be precise)? He‘s now desperately trying to spin it in a way that he‘s still correct :laugh_hard: The lenghts some people are going…

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The best thing about the Mando MF is that it increases the chances of other Mando sets being part of the wave :excited:

True. At least, a nemesis microfighter is guaranteed (Right? RIGHT?), so I hope for a MF Slave-1 with the new Boba, but other possibilities also look good: lightcruiser with Moff Gideon, TIE Outlander with TIE Pilot, or Riot Mar and his ship (the ship came in the Advent Calendar, so I guess it is on the table).

9 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

What are you, *an idiot?

FTFY

8 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Firstly, I'm not your 'bro'... 

Secondly, I'm guessing you're either a kid, or used to reddit-given your mannerism of text here. This isn't reddit, nor are kids meant to be here. Sort it out one way or the other. 

Thirdly, ucs Slave 1 has a level of interior, given you can slide the carbonite freezing block in-its interior... UCS millennium falcon has an interior.

The ATAT is a transport, it may very well have a partial interior similar to that of the ucs millennium falcon. 

People also said there's noooo way the ucs Republic gunship would *not* have a pilot because there's just no precedence, while I was positive that's not a guarantee, and that I believed there would be no pilot as there was no solid reason for one to *have* to be in the set. Guess what. TLG broke the mould and didn't include a pilot. TLG can and do, do what they want. 

So you can take your smarmy 'laughing irl at you' and stick it. 

And go back to reddit, or tiktok. 

Or where ever children hang out these days

6 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

No one with a sliver of self respect would beg for anything, let alone for a LEGO set.

A moderator has already stepped in. It appears he's trying to drop the subject. Please do the same.

2 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

[…] or Riot Mar and his ship (the ship came in the Advent Calendar, so I guess it is on the table).

Not a fan of that idea, to be honest :tongue: I prefer Microfighters of vehicles we already have a regular version of. No need to repeat the same mistake they made with the blue TLJ A-Wing, still waiting for that one to get released as a proper set :snicker: