MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I’ll reserve final judgment on the BP until we see the rest of the set list. If it’s as OT-laserfocussed as this year’s 1HY offerings, the sentence will be harsh. If the rest is more balanced, I’m ok with it :shrug_oh_well: Still crossing fingers that the other BP (if there is one in the first place) is Mando-based 

12 hours ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

I don’t really get what Lego is doing?

There is so much demand for more any type of trooper battle pack, hell even a Mandalorian battle pack is perfectly acceptable

Yet Lego is doing a Hoth Battle Pack which nobody asked for? I don’t really understand how People are defending this since Hoth Troopers are easy to get.

*any* type, as you said yourself. They're giving us one that fits in that category. 

They're also timing it well with the ucs atat. It's an absolutely perfect compliment. If that has an interior, guess what... It'll spur people on to buy multiples to fill it up. Would take 14 packs to fill it properly if they have the correct amount of seats. 

They also don't do battle packs determined by rarity of troopers, but by what sells. ESB is by far, an extremely popular film, and an easy cash cow. Tie that in with the ucs atat, it'd be a daft decision not to. We don't know what the other one will be (assuming we get one) so let's not be toooooo hasty to judge them for giving us something that for some people, isn't of any use. 

They've made a smart business move. That is what TLG is doing. 

Makes me wonder, that the ucs atat isn't simply a one vehicle wonder, as in, its involved with a fair few other vehicles that compliment it, and thus to help entice sales, for them to do an ESB hoth wave...? So, we now know (rumoured) there to be a snow trooper battle pack. If they release a snow speeder too? And on top of that, the hoth variant ATST... Well... Right there you got yourself the means to buy a full sized official TLG provided Hoth battle scene. I'm waiting to see who the first person is that buys 3 ucs atat's and packs a diorama with a bucket load of new snow trooper battle packs and modifies one atat to be taken down by a snow speeder. Its just got to happen.... 

Edited by Fuppylodders

What do you guys think happened to the one remaining 2021 set (except for the UCS AT-AT), 75369?

Do you think it could be a set for The Book of Boba Fett, this being the reason why we know nothing about it yet? Or do you think it was either a misunderstanding or the set was cancelled?

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Or do you think it was either a misunderstanding or the set was cancelled?

I think it’s one of those two options, otherwise we would’ve heard something about it by now. Potential sets based on TBoBF would be part of the January wave anyway :shrug_oh_well:

While I love to hear that battlepacks are back, Hoth imperials are the most boring and safe choice LEGO could make! I mean we get some type of Hoth set almost every year don’t we? 
I’d rather see LEGO give more love to Clone Wars era. I mean when was the last time we got a plain “shiny” Phase 2 clone trooper? Or Shock troopers? Clone wars era has so much Bp potential and LEGO just refuses to embrace it! We need more  Clones bp not imperials! S7 of CW is still fresh in minds of people, so why not make Siege of Mandalore clones in bp?

I could see the stands (if not a photoshop ‘error’) being the the ones from the CMFs in white. That way some people will call it a “CMF 4-pack” of 4x $5 = $20—plus you get builds!! /s

I just hope it comes with white kamas.

Edited by Pedilego

Not the most interesting choice for the return of BPs, but a safe bet for LEGO, definitely!

Regarding the stand, the translation of the Promobricks article says: "What is new is that there will probably be a kind of presentation stand for the four included minifigures, on which the soldiers can be presented, similar to a LEGO minifigure collection series. This can possibly also be attached to a potential minifigure display from the UCS AT-AT."

Let's see if this is an special approach just for this BP because of the UCS, and the reason for the price increase.

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think it’s one of those two options, otherwise we would’ve heard something about it by now. Potential sets based on TBoBF would be part of the January wave anyway :shrug_oh_well:

Not necessarily. 

The series is coming in December (as far as we know), which means the set(s) could come before 2021 - for example first The Mandalorian set released a month before the series.

The $20 price is a yikes, but with the most consumer items increasing, perhaps LEGO is trying to get ahead of that? Just speculating...

I am excited for this, it lines up with what I personally would include as a perfect Hoth BP. Good figures, appropriate vehicles/weapons and a some stands. Sounds almost too good to be true, but it is coming from promobricks. 

As much as I would like to see a clone B, or dark trooper one, this should pair well with the AT-AT. Hopefully we will learn more soon about the other set selections. 

Really excited to hear that the Battle Packs are making a return. I actually don't mind more Hoth. 

2 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

Regarding the stand, the translation of the Promobricks article says: "What is new is that there will probably be a kind of presentation stand for the four included minifigures, on which the soldiers can be presented, similar to a LEGO minifigure collection series. This can possibly also be attached to a potential minifigure display from the UCS AT-AT."

That would certainly be a welcome touch. I'm hoping I'm wrong about the possible 'photoshopping them out' thing, that translation certainly adds weight to me being wrong! 

I'm huuuuuugely looking forward to the hoth BP and ucs atat more and more. Even better the atat comes out a day before my birthday :excited: it may well just warrant a trip to the lego store for a day 2 purchase! (well, perhaps a day 1 and not open before day 2...)

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree that a high-quality, $20 pack with good builds, accurate weapons, and massable figures is better than a $15 pack with random garbage builds, named or non-massable figures, and stud shooters, but I dissent with your view that the hoth troopers are the most bland/boring/awful choice. They're a major force of troops with solid screen time, and it's been 11 years since their last battle pack (which had two of them, an AT-AT driver, and megablocking veers.)

Sure it's been that long since the last bp of Hoth troopers but we got 2 sets with them last year, and 2 sets with them the ywar before. We also get at least one Hoth set every single year. I get that ESB is the most popular Star Wars movie but I'm honestly getting Hoth fatigue and I personally never found Hoth troopers all that interesting interesting. Now if they want to reuse the Hoth trooper helmet mold for 21st Nova Corps Clone Troopers, sign me the heck up!

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’ll reserve final judgment on the BP until we see the rest of the set list. If it’s as OT-laserfocussed as this year’s 1HY offerings, the sentence will be harsh. If the rest is more balanced, I’m ok with it :shrug_oh_well: Still crossing fingers that the other BP (if there is one in the first place) is Mando-based 

I couldn't agree more. I feel like with the past couple of years LEGO has seen that Clo e Wars-era stuff sells so I have hope we'll see more of that next year. I also hoe we get at least 3 bp, this Hoth trooper bp, a Mando Dark Trooper bp, and a Clone Wars bp featuring a different Clone battalion. Tbe 212th is the safe choice but I'd love to see something like the Wolfpack(the old ones go for absurd prices on bricklink) or something totally new.

As much as this Hoth battle pack makes sense businesswise, if the second one (in case it exists) isn't Mando based with some Dark troopers then something is just off. To release Gideon's cruiser with a single trooper at that price range just doesn't sit right with me.

Also, every time Lego released a single new and exciting trooper (Sith troopers come to mind) they almost always showed up in a battle pack later. Whereas stuff such as the Shore troopers, Solo range troopers, Death troopers (The battle pack ones are different) which they didn't plan on releasing again in the future, they made sure to put 2 of in the sets so I'm kinda optimistic here.

7 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

While I love to hear that battlepacks are back, Hoth imperials are the most boring and safe choice LEGO could make! I mean we get some type of Hoth set almost every year don’t we? 
I’d rather see LEGO give more love to Clone Wars era. I mean when was the last time we got a plain “shiny” Phase 2 clone trooper? Or Shock troopers? Clone wars era has so much Bp potential and LEGO just refuses to embrace it! We need more  Clones bp not imperials! S7 of CW is still fresh in minds of people, so why not make Siege of Mandalore clones in bp?

"Lego refuses to embrace clone wars battle packs!!!" *the battle pack before this was literally 501st troopers*

IDK why people are so upset about this, as a: LITERALLY THE LAST BATTLE PACK WAS CLONE TROOPERS, and B: we have no evidence that this is the only battle pack. Personally I hope/think the next one will be dark troopers, but we'll see.

I feel like 10% of the criticism of this set is the pretty valid "yo why's it $5 more", and 90% is "Why isn't it a clone battle pack -> OMG lego hates the prequels" Really, guys, the last battle pack we got was clone troopers, and this is clearly meant to tie into the UCS set.

9 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What do you guys think happened to the one remaining 2021 set (except for the UCS AT-AT), 75369?

Do you think it could be a set for The Book of Boba Fett, this being the reason why we know nothing about it yet? Or do you think it was either a misunderstanding or the set was cancelled?

Vader's Chamber is 75369. You're thinking of 75396, which given the similarities of the numbers makes me think it was a misunderstanding. 

My primary theory for the 5 dollar price hike is large pieces. The number of things in the pack lends credence to this: how do you make a snow wall, speeder, E-Webb and minifig stand out of 80 pieces, unless those 80 pieces are largeish. On the other hand maybe they're just bad builds. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

IDK why people are so upset about this, as a: LITERALLY THE LAST BATTLE PACK WAS CLONE TROOPERS, and B: we have no evidence that this is the only battle pack. Personally I hope/think the next one will be dark troopers, but we'll see.

Clones are in high demand right now and the aftermarket prices are absurd for them. It also doesn't help the 501st BP was 30$ instead of the usual 15$(now 20$) and one of two PT BPs in 6 years. Meanwhile, we've had quite a few Imperial themed BPs since then (which, tbf, isn't a problem considering the OT had a big focus during that time). Again, I don't mind it since Snow Troopers haven't been headily available since 2010, but I think people have plenty of reasons to be wanting more Clone BPs. 

Hopefully we get the full list for Winter 2022 soon. I'm curious to see in Bad Batch will be getting anymore sets. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

"Lego refuses to embrace clone wars battle packs!!!" *the battle pack before this was literally 501st troopers*

I feel like 10% of the criticism of this set is the pretty valid "yo why's it $5 more", and 90% is "Why isn't it a clone battle pack -> OMG lego hates the prequels" Really, guys, the last battle pack we got was clone troopers, and this is clearly meant to tie into the UCS set.

Well seems like on here people are okay with lego gouging an extra 33% ($5) for the battlepack. It's the opposite on reddit. I'm against this $5 increase but am going to wait for a picture in order to have a more concrete opinion.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Most of BP in last 5-6 years were OT and ST themed though. Last CW battlepack was in 2018 and wasn't even a BP as it had just 2 clones. As mentioned above clone troopers go for a ton on aftermarket right now, so having a reasonable way to army build clones would be great for a lot of people. And while Imperial army for most part has just plain white Stormies, Clones have so many legions ( color options) just getting one isn't the same as having Stormies BP, you only get 1 Legion of clones. So more Clone BP is better for people in community. 

As for Hoth snowtroopers I'm glad they are doing them, but it's not what I'd like to see them make.

Edited by benderisgreat

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Most of BP in last 5-6 years were OT and ST themed though. Last CW battlepack was in 2018 and wasn't even a BP as it had just 2 clones. As mentioned above clone troopers go for a ton on aftermarket right now, so having a reasonable way to army build clones would be great for a lot of people. And while Imperial army for most part has just plain white Stormies, Clones have so many legions ( color options) just getting one isn't the same as having Stormies BP, you only get 1 Legion of clones. So more Clone BP is better for people in community. 

But again...there's a way to army build clones on store shelves right now.  To hardcore fans or collectors, yes, there is a big difference between a 501st Clone and a 212th Clone or whatever, but if they put a $15-20 clone BP on shelves, a lot of kids or parents would see zero incentive to buy the 501st set.  They're both clone troopers, so who cares? (that's rhetorical, before somebody jumps on me for saying that).  And at some point, having more than one clone legion on shelves at times in army-building type sets just would get redundant.  

Book of Boba Fett spoiler (this is not a plot spoiler or character reveal) *Looks related*

Spoiler

Boba is getting a new armor in the show meaning his 2021 Slave 1 set figure MIGHT be the last time we see him in that version. I am posting this for people that didn't know if they should pick up the set thinking he will be the same in the newer sets from the show. 

"A full armor change seems unexpected considering Fett’s efforts to fix his old armor and how much it means to him in The Mandalorian Season 2, but we were assured from people who saw it that there are distinct difference to how it looks, and that the updated armor looked awesome, with a much better paint job than the last we saw of him in The Mandalorian Season 2 post-credits scene. It’s possible this is a show technique to help the audience differentiate between the past and the present, as flashbacks are expected."

Source: https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2021/09/new-bits-on-boba-fetts-motive-and-armor-in-the-book-of-boba-fett.html

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

As for Hoth snowtroopers I'm glad they are doing them, but it's not what I'd like to see them make.

So a few things:

And before that 5-6 years, we had 4 clone battlepacks in less than a year... Besides, there's a clone battle pack in stores now. In fact, the only packs currently in stores are clones, mandos, and FO.

Plus, "better for people in community" doesn't equal "better for the target audience". Most kids are smart enough to tell the difference between 501st and 212th, but they lack the income to army build both, and it's not like they'd take no clones over 212th. Compare it to snowtroopers, where they've been most recently available in either large sets or those god-awful action battle sets that retired so fast.

6 hours ago, Bobbtom said:

Well seems like on here people are okay with lego gouging an extra 33% ($5) for the battlepack. It's the opposite on reddit. I'm against this $5 increase but am going to wait for a picture in order to have a more concrete opinion.

My hope is that the pack is more expensive because it's an 18+ UCS tie-in, and the standard ones will stay $15.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Book of Boba Fett spoiler (this is not a plot spoiler or character reveal) *Looks related*

Reveal hidden contents

Boba is getting a new armor in the show meaning his 2021 Slave 1 set figure MIGHT be the last time we see him in that version. I am posting this for people that didn't know if they should pick up the set thinking he will be the same in the newer sets from the show. 

"A full armor change seems unexpected considering Fett’s efforts to fix his old armor and how much it means to him in The Mandalorian Season 2, but we were assured from people who saw it that there are distinct difference to how it looks, and that the updated armor looked awesome, with a much better paint job than the last we saw of him in The Mandalorian Season 2 post-credits scene. It’s possible this is a show technique to help the audience differentiate between the past and the present, as flashbacks are expected."

Source: https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2021/09/new-bits-on-boba-fetts-motive-and-armor-in-the-book-of-boba-fett.html

And that is exactly why I jumped on the 2021 Slave I. This was expected since

Star Wars characters will almost always get a new design for an appearance in a new movie/show 

8 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

And while Imperial army for most part has just plain white Stormies, Clones have so many legions ( color options) just getting one isn't the same as having Stormies BP, you only get 1 Legion of clones. So more Clone BP is better for people in community. 

I think this is partly (not wholly) why we constantly see demand for clone BPs. Everyone has their favourite legion of clones that they want to build, be that 41st, 212th (woo!), 327th, 501st, whatever, which is totally fair - but of course not everyone can have a pack at the same time. 501st collectors will be happy now, but all the other legion collectors are left with cold feet.

To add to that, clone BPs don't have to be legion-themed; after all, there are plenty of coloured stormtrooper variants as well (flametrooper, shock trooper, mortar trooper, etc). There are plenty of regs outside of the clones with painted armour, especially phase 1 armour (although I assume you're talking about phase 2). Personally I'd like to see more regular, plain P2 clones - we've only seen *one* with the new helmet mould. That is what the army building should boil down to.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon