MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

19 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Do you think they'll make a new Falcon soon and if so, what era? 

Most definitely.  The Millennium Falcon, along with the X-Wing, are models that they sort of need to keep on shelves as much as possible.  There’s always going to be a demand, since kids or new fans just get started with LEGO likely missed out on the older versions, and they’re iconic enough to where people sometimes will buy them even if they already own a previous version of it.  

My guess is that the next one we get (probably within the next year or two) will be OT-based, since the 2015, 2018, and 2019 versions were from the ST, Solo, and ST, respectively.  Surprisingly, the last OT version that isn’t a UCS model was from 2011!  

28 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Do you think they'll make a new Falcon soon and if so, what era? 

My guess based purely off of precedent is that we'll probably get one by 2023 at the latest. Obviously it does depend on if there's other things coming out that might fill a similar role (or if the Falcon will appear in any upcoming media extensively), but we got one in 2011, 2015, 2018 (the Solo version), and one in 2019. 

2 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

My guess is that the next one we get (probably within the next year or two) will be OT-based, since the 2015, 2018, and 2019 versions were from the ST, Solo, and ST, respectively.  Surprisingly, the last OT version that isn’t a UCS model was from 2011!  

I think so too, it's honestly kind of shocking that it's been that long. The only way I don't see the next one being OT is if the Falcon is in an upcoming show or movie a lot (it could be, but I don't really follow Star Wars news too much so I have no idea).

48 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Is 75257 worth buying if I have the 2015 Falcon? They look pretty much identical to me, and I'm really not a fan of the way the roof opens up. 

Also, where the hell is the January set list? 

If you can sell the 2015 falcon for enough that the 2019 one isn't that much more expensive, I'd do it. The 2015 one is pretty gappy, and the 2019 one not only fixes that, but uses a new part to get accurate mandibles, and needs minimal modding to be OT. Ofc, if you want OT figures, just wait a year or so.

The January set list is chilling in a vault somewhere with the no way home trailer and the Mandalorian season 3 shooting schedule. To get to it, you have to defeat mickey mouse, george lucas, and kevin feige in unarmed combat.

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

Most definitely.  The Millennium Falcon, along with the X-Wing, are models that they sort of need to keep on shelves as much as possible.  There’s always going to be a demand, since kids or new fans just get started with LEGO likely missed out on the older versions, and they’re iconic enough to where people sometimes will buy them even if they already own a previous version of it.  

Yeah, it'll most likely be the largest non-d2c of 2022.

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

[…] and the Mandalorian season 3 shooting schedule.

Carl Weathers has just confirmed that shooting starts in September. Also, he will return as both Greef Karga and the director of (at least?) one episode :classic:

Kinda sad that Karga is all alone now, first Cara dies on the way back to her home planet and now the Mythrol’s in deep bantha poodoo too *huh*

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Carl Weathers has just confirmed that shooting starts in September. Also, he will return as both Greef Karga and the director of (at least?) one episode :classic:

Kinda sad that Karga is all alone now, first Cara dies on the way back to her home planet and now the Mythrol’s in deep bantha poodoo too *huh*

I hadn't seen that news about Horatio Sanz. Fantastic ... :hmpf_bad:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

, first Cara dies on the way back to her home planet

Can't even remember that happening!? I'ma have to watch season 2 all over again I think! 

I'm on the fence about when to get the BB shuttle... 

For those who have it... Is it worthy of its full price? Or, if a discount were to be applied... What would you find to be a suitable discount to make it seem more reasonable? 

Edited by Fuppylodders

5 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Can't even remember that happening!? I'ma have to watch season 2 all over again I think!

That was just a joke, poking fun at how she won’t return because Gina Carano got fired :wink: The “dying on the way back to her home planet” thing is an often-cited Simpsons reference (though a bit nonsensical in this context, considering what her home planet actually was) :grin:

7 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

For those who have it... Is it worthy of its full price? Or, if a discount were to be applied... What would you find to be a suitable discount to make it seem more reasonable? 

I think for 100 USD, the amount for what you get is there...but for my wallet and conscience, waiting for 80 would be a price that I am very content with. The size really just gets me...very much enjoy the figures, the build and the ship. The speeders are so-so, but still overall add to the value. 

These are just my thoughts, I am sure other forum members will chime in with theirs as well. 

47 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

I think the set is very nice, it’s small but well designed other than the non-locking hatch. Also 5 brand new figs, 2 new molds, 5 unique face prints, the hair being included where relevant, to me these elements make the price worth it more than the inclusion of the speeders ( though the green one is cool)

42 minutes ago, Archer said:

I think the set is very nice, it’s small but well designed other than the non-locking hatch. Also 5 brand new figs, 2 new molds, 5 unique face prints, the hair being included where relevant, to me these elements make the price worth it more than the inclusion of the speeders ( though the green one is cool)

The hatch can be made to lock using parts that come in the set, just swap the 2x 1x2 lbg plates with the 2x 1x2 sand blue tiles, done

Its a great set.  but I would have rather it was £20 cheaper and no speeders.  wait for a discount but definitely get it, its a great build 

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

On the fence myself, i am waiting for january leaks and then deciding. If you are only buying them for figures i would wait, maybe they all come out in better sets next year so you don't have to buy the shuttle. You can also wait for some good gift with purchase that makes shuttle worth buying ( or double VIP points) . Jang prices figures at 4$ so with that logic: are you fine paying 80$ for oversized speeder, cool green speeder that was only in 1 episode and that meh shuttle? cause i am definitely not. 

On a similar to the previous discussion, do we think the figs prices will come down to something reasonable?

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

So if you look at the two-to-three characters that won't have their actors return, Mythrol makes the most sense to return as a character. Not to get too into Cara as that's controversial, but you can (and I certainly have) make an argument that she didn't deserve to be fired, and so due to the backlash, I don't think we'll see another actress as Cara, I think they'll just say she went off to join the new republic. Mayfield got canceled too, though disney never put out a statement so I don't think he was gonna come back anyway. But with Mythrol, you can't make an argument that he should come back to mando (I mean, if it's true he should be in jail), so there's not really backlash. Add to that the heavy amount of makeup and prosthetics, and the fact that Mythrol ended up getting tied pretty hard to Greef storywise, I think we'll most likely just see another dude behind the blue fins. Which means a Mythrol figure is on the table, too.

2 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

To me, just to get all the main cast (except omega) and the main ship, it's worth it. On a price-per-part, it's worth it. In terms of value of stuff... the shuttle's kind of small. I'm happy getting it at full price, but if you're on the fence at this point, I'd say wait for a discount.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That was just a joke, poking fun at how she won’t return because Gina Carano got fired :wink: The “dying on the way back to her home planet” thing is an often-cited Simpsons reference (though a bit nonsensical in this context, considering what her home planet actually was) :grin:

Ooooohhhh haha! You had me thinking I'm coming down with dementia or something! 

Also, thanks regarding the responses on BB shuttle. I'll bide my time for now, perhaps even the slightest discount will drag me into getting it. 

3 hours ago, Brickroll said:

On a similar to the previous discussion, do we think the figs prices will come down to something reasonable?

In my opinion - 

Bo-Katan seems unlikely to appear in additional sets, Gar Saxon is probably even less likely and I'm actually surprised how...cheap(?) they are, relatively speaking.  But I'd definitely buy them now if you want them because once that set retires, if they aren't available again for a while/ever, those figures will hit stupidly high prices.  

Fennec and post-ROTJ Boba Fett will almost 100% appear in future sets, between Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett stuff, and possibly even Bad Batch in Fennec's case (though that seems less likely), meaning that the price on their figures should go down, I'd guess closer to what Mando is (about $10, which could go up in the future if they stop making sets from the show, but given how popular it is, that seems unlikely).  

With Gideon, I don't know, it depends almost entirely on Season 3.  I still think Gideon's TIE makes sense as a set but at this point, is it still relevant enough?  If my memory serves me correctly, S2 ended with him getting arrested, so who knows if he'll be around much in S3 or not.  It seems unlikely that they'd just write him out entirely, since a lot of fans seemed to really like the character, but if he's not around much in S3, there's probably less potential to get him as a figure in an upcoming wave.

The Bad Batch also seem more affordable right now than I initially thought, about $11-14 each, Echo being the most expensive and Hunter, surprisingly, being the cheapest.  I think in the future, if they don't get a lot of sets down the line, they'll go up in price (like Rex or Cody).  However, I would also say it's likely that we get at least a couple more Bad Batch sets in the upcoming year or two, especially since we still need an Omega figure.  As such, since we'll most likely be getting members of the Bad Batch again, the prices probably won't go as wacko as did Rex or Cody, since they were in fewer sets (Cody only in two, P1 Rex only in three, P2 Rex in two) and are less popular overall.

14 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Bo-Katan seems unlikely to appear in additional sets, Gar Saxon is probably even less likely and I'm actually surprised how...cheap(?) they are, relatively speaking.  But I'd definitely buy them now if you want them because once that set retires, if they aren't available again for a while/ever, those figures will hit stupidly high prices.  

I think there's a good chance for Bo-Katan to play a decent role in Mando S3, plus potential she could cameo in the Ahsoka show, so that should translate into more sets with her. Agree about the other characters/figs. Gideon is a popular character (and actor) so hopefully that means he shows up again both in the show and in lego (and in a smaller set) in the future.

16 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Which means a Mythrol figure is on the table, too.

I think they’ve missed their best chance by not including him in the Marauder set. Unless he gets recast and features prominently in S3 (or BoBF; after all, we still have no idea who might show up there), chances are pretty slim I guess…

Well, maybe if they decide to release a set based on the blue speeder from the very first episode, but who knows :shrug_oh_well: At least that’d be better than the 6th remake of Luke’s speeder :tongue:

21 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Ooooohhhh haha! You had me thinking I'm coming down with dementia or something! 

Also, thanks regarding the responses on BB shuttle. I'll bide my time for now, perhaps even the slightest discount will drag me into getting it. 

Well I ran into both Slave1 and BB shuttle at Costco here in the US.  slave 1 was $39.99 and BB was $86.99.  So there is some discounting go on already.

3 hours ago, MSY-MSP said:

Well I ran into both Slave1 and BB shuttle at Costco here in the US.  slave 1 was $39.99 and BB was $86.99.  So there is some discounting go on already.

Costco had the BB? Surprised! They need to get into the Lego game more here in the US. 

I know, I know, this is going to be one of those impossible to answer, it's a personal decision things, but never-the-less. I'm not really a Star Wars fan, and think Episode I is the best movie - honestly - and light sabres are cool, but have no strong feelings about it. I don't have any Star Wars sets. But I keep being drawn to the 75252 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer and thinking it's really cool. It looks great, is very well made, and is certainly imposing.

For anyone that's built it, is it a really good experience and were you satisfied with it, or would you recommend getting three other amazing sets instead? I normally enjoy the larger builds from Creator Expert and Ideas. I'd appreciate any thoughts or insight. I've watched several videos that are all really positive and enthusiastic, but figure that folks here might be slightly more objective (or perhaps not). Thanks so much.

4 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Costco had the BB? Surprised! They need to get into the Lego game more here in the US. 

They've been in it for a long time, the stores are just so big that it's hard to find the legos! :laugh: They usually have good discounts right off the bat, and they even used to have exclusive bulk lots (I think just bionicle and basic system parts, not star wars specifically).

11 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I know, I know, this is going to be one of those impossible to answer, it's a personal decision things, but never-the-less. I'm not really a Star Wars fan, and think Episode I is the best movie - honestly - and light sabres are cool, but have no strong feelings about it. I don't have any Star Wars sets. But I keep being drawn to the 75252 UCS Imperial Star Destroyer and thinking it's really cool. It looks great, is very well made, and is certainly imposing.

For anyone that's built it, is it a really good experience and were you satisfied with it, or would you recommend getting three other amazing sets instead? I normally enjoy the larger builds from Creator Expert and Ideas. I'd appreciate any thoughts or insight. I've watched several videos that are all really positive and enthusiastic, but figure that folks here might be slightly more objective (or perhaps not). Thanks so much.

The Star Destroyer is a fantastic finished model and there are many impressive techniques used in its construction. There is a lot of repetition due to the in-universe design of the ship. I own a lot of large sets across themes, and frankly the building process is not as exciting as a Modular, Hogwarts / Diagon Ally, or the larger Ideas / Creator sets. I also enjoyed the UCS Falcon building process more. All that said, it comes down to whether you care more about the build process or the display. As you pointed out, for the cost of this set you could have multiple alternatives.

12 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

For anyone that's built it, is it a really good experience and were you satisfied with it, or would you recommend getting three other amazing sets instead?

Depends on what you’re looking for :wink: It’s a very impressive-looking model and the building process is rewarding in my opinion; completing the inner frame for example is a cool experience because it’s only then you realise how gargantuan this thing truly is. I haven’t had that feeling with many sets so far.

I also agree with @Archer though, it’s a bit of a repetitive build, but at least the sides are mirrored and not identical. That said, I imagine the new AT-AT to be a lot more repetitive in its buildings process for the legs alone :grin:

In essence, if you look for a lot of variety, other sets might be more up your alley (the Gunship for instance has a lot to offer). If you want an impressive display piece that draws a lot of attention to it wherever it’s placed, I can definitely recommend the SD :thumbup:

27 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That said, I imagine the new AT-AT to be a lot more repetitive in its buildings process for the legs alone :grin:

I'm really hoping that the legs are built first to get that tedium out of the way!

Awesome, thanks for the insights. When we move I may consider the space and whether it will fit, or look to get a large Technic set and some of the new Creator Expert sets. They're releasing so much good stuff at the moment.