MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

17 hours ago, Mr Meleca said:

In 2000's, nobody was thinking on store legos to increase their profit.

William Swanberg do not agree :pir-yoda:

8 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

What a shame if true, the parts have so much potential.

Also, forgot to mention that the gunship is very back heavy and tends to lean backwards if it’s not on the stand.

Also means bionicle (or to keep this remotely on topic, future CCBS star wars figures) is completely in the grave, they'd have to create an absurd number of new molds to revive it.

In terms of star wars figures, it's fine by me, I never got why those existed. They were like the worst of both worlds between lego minifigures and black series figures.

7 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I finished building the Bad Batch Shuttle yesterday. It's a nice build and I love the techniques. But it does not hold up to the 3-year-old-boy test. The side panels keep falling off. And it drives me nuts that you can't hold it by the top fin! Love the figs though. My copy did NOT come with an extra Wrecker armor piece. Anyone else have that?

It's an odd choice to have the speeders included (mainly for playability for kids I'm guessing), but then to make the ship difficult for kids to hold and super easy to break. Still a good set IMO, but could have been improved (and I certainly will be attempting to improve it.).

One thing I do like is that it's really easy to get room for a fifth figure, all you need to do is remove the 1x2 plate with hinge and the connected subassembly, and then bam, room for Omega to sit (or stand, depending on whether you're using short or medium legs). I'm planning on completely changing the main hull to fit 5-6 figures plus gonky, as well as connect the fin in a different spot (maybe with technic).

4 hours ago, storskogen said:

This set could have been elevated with a simple 2in1, by allowing to choose between either the traditional LAAT but bubble turrets or the version with front doors seen in Clone Wars (as set 7676). I personally prefer the look of the latter.

I feel like this would have increased sales, as most people who say the gunship is their favorite are referring to the clone wars variant. (Plus, what's the point of an assault craft if it's not even spaceworthy?!?)

20 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

My point is that, of course as stuff becomes older, sealed copies become more scarce, but that doesn't mean it's justifiable to pay hundreds of dollars for a battle pack just because it's sealed and was released 6 years ago.  And yes, I know it's a demand-driven thing, and people are (apparently) paying that much, but that doesn't mean I can't say it's dumb!  

And I fully agree about the culture, I've even seen some Instagram accounts that are talking about "LEGO investing" which is pretty much just them hoarding sets and then reselling for 3x the price as soon as they retire, which I can't see lasting either.  Everyone's going to have 50 sealed copies of Duel on Mandalore sitting around in 4 years and the market is gonna be flooded with them all going for $80 each.  

I will never fault anyone for spending their money how they want, but buying minifigs at high double or even triple digit prices is just stupid. It doesn’t help them, or anyone, at present or the future. There’s no way anyone should pay $200 for a single minifg. If everyone would just stop, prices would go down big time. That goes for sets of course too. We(community at large) set the prices. Sellers can ask whatever ridiculous price they want, the buyers just have to stop. 

10 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I had to check that price on the shadow ARF...holy megablocks! Glad I got mine last year pre-pandemic when things were high but not crazy. 

I hear ya. I’m currently debating with myself buying Zuckuss. I want him to round out the Hunters...but the price. Same with a non SW minifg...Velma from Scooby Doo. I skipped out buying her when she was $20 because that felt like too much. Now she’s WAY more than that. :hmpf_bad:

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

One thing I do like is that it's really easy to get room for a fifth figure, all you need to do is remove the 1x2 plate with hinge and the connected subassembly, and then bam, room for Omega to sit (or stand, depending on whether you're using short or medium legs). I'm planning on completely changing the main hull to fit 5-6 figures plus gonky, as well as connect the fin in a different spot (maybe with technic).

Would love to see some mods of the Shuttle set to expand the cockpit and hull. I like the set and of course the figs but curious what could be done with it…

3 hours ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

Would love to see some mods of the Shuttle set to expand the cockpit and hull. I like the set and of course the figs but curious what could be done with it…

It’s just a matter of time

Just built the Trexler Marauder, having got it as it hit the shelves at Kmart, very nice build with great new figures, I made some mods to remove the stud shooters and give the turret a larger firing arc.

17 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I finished building the Bad Batch Shuttle yesterday. It's a nice build and I love the techniques. But it does not hold up to the 3-year-old-boy test. The side panels keep falling off. And it drives me nuts that you can't hold it by the top fin! Love the figs though. My copy did NOT come with an extra Wrecker armor piece. Anyone else have that?

Just finished building mine today and I agree, it's a very nice build and the way the angles go together is quite good. I can't say I played with it rigorously, but did give it a bit of a swoosh holding it from the back, which worked fine. That must be a lot harder for a kid with kid-sized hands.

The idea to not lock the top is truly mindboggling. You can't tell me that the extra second of "inconvenience" it'd take to unlock the top and access the interior wouldn't be worth the gain of being able to pick it up from there.

The only thing I can think of is that the way they built the top fin, without any technic running through it, wouldn't actually support lifting the whole ship from that area, and they therefore don't want to even suggest you do that by providing a locking mechanism.

And like @ToaDraco, as someone who got the original Imperial Shuttle when it came out, I'm very much conditioned against trying to pick up a ship from its fin anyway. The complaints probably come in light of the fact that LEGO has been making every ship durable from all parts, and that every previous shuttle locked (as far as I remember). Plus, who wants a ship that you swoosh upside down and the top opens?

9 hours ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

I did see a couple of mods on reddit, one which used other parts and one which used just the parts from the set and from what I can tell a lot of space can be added by making a hallway.

As someone who is new to adulthood I understand naturally that growing up a lot of what I wanted was simply out of reach especially when it came to this theme as I was collecting other themes and didn’t have the resources to keep up with every theme I loved. Looking back on BrickLink it seems the sets from my favorite star wars era (2012-2014) are all going for 100’s of dollars more than their original purchase (Rancor Pit, Gungan Sub, Jabba’s Sail Barge etc) and unfortunately these weren’t quite cheap sets to begin with. In any event, considering how most sets get remade eventually I’m patiently waiting for a redo of all of those because I regret missing out on that era of sets so much. I really view 2012-2014 as the themes peak. Ubsure if I should hold my breath for remakes tho, we haven’t gotten a bounty hunter Episode 2 chase since 2002, so the idea Lego will take very long to get around, or even never get around to redoing some sets is a scary but very real truth.

I just got another "we're doing our best to get your order out" email. I'm beginning to get annoyed. 

Also any guesses on a timeframe for a January list dropping? 

Edited by hondohnaka

36 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Also any guesses on a timeframe for a January list dropping? 

A Ninjago set list has already been confirmed and a City one can is making the rounds as well, and since SW lists usually tends to be among the first to leak, it shouldn't be far behind :thumbup:

How low do people see Repainted Boba falling on Bricklink once the initial hype around the release dies down? It's a gorgeous figure so I imagine it won't go below 15 at most. (I'm mostly just trying to figure out how to get my hands on it without spending A, half the price of the actual set, or B, buying the actual set, because ew). 

27 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

How low do people see Repainted Boba falling on Bricklink once the initial hype around the release dies down? It's a gorgeous figure so I imagine it won't go below 15 at most. (I'm mostly just trying to figure out how to get my hands on it without spending A, half the price of the actual set, or B, buying the actual set, because ew). 

Depends on how many Book of Boba Fett sets come out and/or if he appears in any more Mandalorian sets.  Mando is between $8-13, depending on the variant, and I imagine that will go down even a little bit more as we continue to get more sets from the show, so I feel like that's a good comparison, assuming we do indeed get some Book of Boba Fett sets.

Well, my Lego order has finally shipped. Most of my order was Marvel and Ninjago themed, but I did get both of the new Clone Wars sets. I was honestly expecting to have these sets already but I haven’t had much luck with Lego’s shipping this year. (I see a lot of other people are in the same boat.) Meanwhile, I’ve seen most of the sets from the new wave at my local Walmart and Target, though I still haven’t seen Boba Fett’s Starship or the Vader Meditation Chamber anywhere.

Speaking of Target, I was surprised to see that they were selling the UCS R2-D2 there yesterday. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the set in person before.

58 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Depends on a lot of factors for example they might change his suit after first episode and we may never see that same minifigure again. Maybe LEGO has no Boba Fett sets in January and you will have to wait for August wave of 2022 to get him in another set so that would pump up the price too. If the show is amazing and there is no new sets with him price rises again. On the other hand they can do the same thing they are doing with Din Djarin figure and just throw him in every Boba Fett set making his price drop to 8$-13$ or even lower 7$-11$. This is exactly why i am waiting to pull the trigger on the Slave 1 and the Bad Batch shuttle, if they are just throwing Boba and Bad Batch members in a ton of sets in January i don't have to buy current sets that i don't like just for Boba, Crosshair and Wrecker.

It's actually sad that i ordered new sets on bricklink from another country (Hungary) and they came in 2 days while LEGO didn't ship your orders after a week.

Edited by PreVizsla

Lego star wars team incompetent asf, let’s be honest.

everytime they take 1 step, 3 step backs. It like they don’t wan’t to make money. Where is all the Prequel stuff that the people want?? Regular sized gunship and clone battle packs would sell like hot cakes but they don’t want it.

Watch them make Aunt Beru’s house before we see a minifigure scale gunship or AT-TE.

41 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

everytime they take 1 step, 3 step backs. It like they don’t wan’t to make money. Where is all the Prequel stuff that the people want?? Regular sized gunship and clone battle packs would sell like hot cakes but they don’t want it.

Watch them make Aunt Beru’s house before we see a minifigure scale gunship or AT-TE.

Well I mean, they did a clone battle pack that everyone was asking for, and the UCS gunship was voted for. It's not like they don't listen to fans.

Plus it'd be the skywalker homestead, maybe the most iconic building in star wars, before a fourth system gunship or at-te, doesn't sound so bad to me.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A Ninjago set list has already been confirmed and a City one can is making the rounds as well, and since SW lists usually tends to be among the first to leak, it shouldn't be far behind :thumbup:

Can't wait to see the next wave! I'm hoping that the battle packs make a triumphant return, maybe with some...dark troopers? :excited:

33 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

I mean, no?

38 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

everytime they take 1 step, 3 step backs. It like they don’t wan’t to make money.

Not really. Their designs keep getting better each wave and the sets this year have actually been reasonably priced, which is an improvement over previous years. They’ve also scaled back starfighters to make them more affordable and to prevent us from getting more $90 X-Wings.

41 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Where is all the Prequel stuff that the people want?? Regular sized gunship and clone battle packs would sell like hot cakes but they don’t want it.

I’ve heard more people clamoring for sets based off the shows the last two years, and that’s what the summer wave is almost entirely comprised of. They have actually been doing a fantastic job listening to the fans the past few years. 

We just got the UCS Gunship, so I don’t know why they would release another one at the same time, and the 501st Clone Battle Pack is still doing well enough to stick around for another year, so again, I don’t know why they’d release another one at the same time.

46 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Look, I’d like a new Gunship or AT-TE too, but just to play devil’s advocate, wouldn’t it be nice to get something we’ve never seen before over more remakes? Especially when the Lars Homestead is one of the most iconic locations in the series.

25 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Not really. Their designs keep getting better each wave and the sets this year have actually been reasonably priced, which is an improvement over previous years. They’ve also scaled back starfighters to make them more affordable and to prevent us from getting more $90 X-Wings.

I’ve heard more people clamoring for sets based off the shows the last two years, and that’s what the summer wave is almost entirely comprised of. They have actually been doing a fantastic job listening to the fans the past few years. 

It's also an argument that makes zero sense to me that Lego is INTENTIONALLY ignoring demand for certain sets and is thus not making enough money as they could be.  I'm sure there are some prequel sets and vehicles that would sell very well, but clearly not as well on a consistent basis as X-Wings, Millenium Falcons, or some of the other regular remakes, or else we'd be getting them yearly.  

I truly doubt a multi-billion dollar company's market research team is full of bumbling idiots, like some people allude to on the internet.

12 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

It's also an argument that makes zero sense to me that Lego is INTENTIONALLY ignoring demand for certain sets and is thus not making enough money as they could be.  I'm sure there are some prequel sets and vehicles that would sell very well, but clearly not as well on a consistent basis as X-Wings, Millenium Falcons, or some of the other regular remakes, or else we'd be getting them yearly.  

I truly doubt a multi-billion dollar company's market research team is full of bumbling idiots, like some people allude to on the internet.

Exactly. They have far more resources and research backing them up than a bunch of random folk on the internet.

24 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Exactly. They have far more resources and research backing them up than a bunch of random folk on the internet.

Because we all know how reliable focus groups are. Just ask Nexo Knights :tongue:

We're not seeing a minifigure scale Gunship for a while, I believe Lego even confirmed that. Even if we were getting one, I'm sure people would complain when they come to the realization that Lego isn't shoving more than 2 Clones in it.  

2 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Because we all know how reliable focus groups are. Just ask Nexo Knights :tongue:

Tbf Lego has always had themes that fail after the first few waves. It sold okay for its first wave iirc. 

1 hour ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

First of all i understand your reaction cause i am sick and tired of original trilogy sets and hate original trilogy, but original trilogy sells like hot cakes too.

If you watch number of sets owned on brickset you will see almost the same amount of people that bought 501st set also bought imperial dropship set with stormtroopers for army building so if Lego releases a battle pack with scout troopers and stormtroopers it would sell as good as Ahsokas 332nd clone trooper battle pack. Last time we got an actual clone battle pack (and not a 30$ set that people for some reason call battlepack) was in 2015 geonosis clones and people bought more stormtrooper battlepacks and more shadow trooper battlepacks that same year.

You will also see same amount of people picked up trouble on tatooine and AAT and Obi Wan's Hutt so it's not only prequel stuff selling well, we can make an argument that best selling stuff rn is actually Mandalorian sets. You know there are actual people out there ( and this is not a joke ) that spent 60$ on a tiny boba fett helmet with no minifigures and they beat grievous starfighter in sales 3 to 1. 

So yeah Gunship and AT-TE would sell like hotcakes , but at the same time so would Slave 1 and Imperial shuttle that are done right. I am sad to say this, but 2015 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium (that even i that hates original trilogy wants) sold way more than AT-TE and gunship back in 2013. You think that prequel stuff is most wanted cause you talk with your friends, with people on youtube and reddit and discord, but in reality there are older generations that grew up with OT that are not using those apps or being vocal there and still buying sets in big numbers like us, just look at the nebulon votes i had to google what it was as star wars fan since 1999 and it still almost beat gunship that had multiple people and groups advocating for it. There are as many OT fans as PT fans and as many fans that love and collect everything star wars.

30 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I’m not saying they’re perfect, just that we’re more likely to be wrong about “what sells” than they are.

Then again, Lego Con was a thing… :tongue:

Edited by The Stud