MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

GRRRRRRRR Why couldn’t it have been in stock when I ordered the gunship? I have email notifications set up for that set and I got nothing :pir-angry: sigh...

Anyway, looks like there’s going to be a LEGO Star Wars Halloween Special on Disney+, coming October 1 and titled “Terrifying Tales”

Lego Vanee or whatever that guy's name is will be interesting and potentially helpful as a template for purist customs, but other than that I don't expect anything to come of it.

57 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Just this morning ordered the Mando Fighter and Bad Batch Shuttle thanks to a 20% sale, though given this particular retailer's track record, I wouldn't be at all surprised to get a cancellation email.

Was that 20% off the advertised price, as the online prices (with 20% written below) seemed the same as other retailers.

3 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

Was that 20% off the advertised price, as the online prices (with 20% written below) seemed the same as other retailers.

The 20% reduction shows up after the items are added to the shopping cart.

2 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

The 20% reduction shows up after the items are added to the shopping cart.

Thank you,

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

David Jones. They and Myer both have no shame in simply up an cancelling perfectly legitimate orders. It's something I never experienced in the US.

Thanks, I'll try buying even if there's a chance they will cancel it

IMG_8109%5B1%5D.JPG

Just finished building the gunship, it looks great!

Pros:  The figures look even better in person. While you can see a few light mods (different weapons, Echo's Kama), the figures are still great as-is, some of the best lego's made in system sets. It's also great to get the whole batch (except omega, who lego likely wasn't informed of until the set was finalized) in a single set. The build is very smooth, and I was impressed by some techniques used to get various angles correct. The speeders are nice additions, I especially like the Imperial one. The extra Wrecker armor is also very nice. Oh, and it's super easy to get room for a fifth figure, there's a small subassembly on the interior that's very easy to remove.

Cons: The shuttle is pretty small for a $100 set. I have it's wings splayed to make it not seem dwarfed by it's adjacent sets (ghost and falcon). Other than that, it's just nitpicks. Hunter would have benefitted from shoulder armor, crosshair needs a new helmet, and gonky is the wrong color, but again those are pretty minor.

Overall, it's a really good set and I highly recommend getting it, even if the size of the shuttle is a bit small.

6 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

The 501st battlepack was just in stock again in Australia, but dissapeared. Why the hell is the limit 15?

Hah I swear I've never seen it on Australian shelves, and very rarely on retailer websites

1 hour ago, BigA_7 said:

Thanks, I'll try buying even if there's a chance they will cancel it

Good luck! As long as you're prepared for the frustration of them cancelling your order, there's nothing to lose.

Seeing David's (SolidBrixStudio) video of the entire wave is really instructive to see the comparative size of the sets. The Vader Meditation Chamber is much much larger than I realised, so I feel more favourable towards it, though it's not something I want personally.

The two location sets do come out the weakest in my opinion, just being so small for their prices, though both have cool Minifigures and with a bit of a sale will be good.

Honestly though, on the whole this wave is just such a refreshing Star Wars wave and I hope LEGO keeps it up with the non-film-based sets!

32 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Honestly though, on the whole this wave is just such a refreshing Star Wars wave and I hope LEGO keeps it up with the non-film-based sets!

I think this sentiment is exactly what people have been asking for and will be answered by Lego because of the new D+ SW slate. Even if the shows aren't super successful (I'm sure they will be) they will have to make at least 1 or 2 sets on each show so we should get some more varied waves. I know there haven't been any real leaks on 2022 sets but I'd guess the first wave in Jan would include a BOBF set and some of BB stuff so we should keep getting more non-film-based sets

Yeah, this is the first wave in a while where I love every set, especially given that there are only 2 remakes, which have different contexts/figures to the original sets

5 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

As opposed to what, 2? Interesting that LEGO has stuck to their word and that it's finally back here, anyway.

Just this morning ordered the Mando Fighter and Bad Batch Shuttle thanks to a 20% sale, though given this particular retailer's track record, I wouldn't be at all surprised to get a cancellation email.

This wave has finally gotten me interested in actually buying larger Star Wars sets again after quite some time away. I think my last one over $40 would've been the previous System Shuttle Tyderium. Exciting times.

I’m with you. Day one buys for me were the Duel, Mando Starfighter, Slave I, and I prefer ordered the ForgeI can’t even remember the last time I did a day one buy of SW sets. This is definitely the most I’ve bought in a year in some time. The last time I bought SW wasn’t as far back as you. I bought the Mando BP & AT-ST Raider. 

On pre orders, they don’t charge until the set ships correct? I’ve never done it but the full price(ordered an in stock set along with it) is on my order. 

1 hour ago, JACKATTACKS said:

Hah I swear I've never seen it on Australian shelves, and very rarely on retailer websites

Yeah there’s a handful of army builders who are hoarding them here, I’ve seen them brag about it in Aussie FB groups. The rest are going to scalpers. Thankfully the set is going to be around until the end of 2022 at least, so maybe there’ll be an opportunity to get it, but if my info is correct none of the retailers are able to order it from LEGO anymore so good luck finding it in a store. The cheapest I can find it right now is $60 which is still way too much for what it is. At this point I reckon I’m just going to bricklink a large amount of 501st clones and give up looking for more sets, I have a battle display I’m slowly building up and it desperately needs more clones. 

I’m not positive if it’s real or fake, but it appears the next LSW magazine has Finch Dallow as their character.

Finch goes for more then $500 new, let the exclusivity discussions begin!

ps—I finally have WiFi again, so tomorrow I’ma share all of my thoughts about the stuff from July.

8 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

The 501st battlepack was just in stock again in Australia, but dissapeared. Why the hell is the limit 15?

Get ready for a spate of eBay and FB Marketplace listings at double the retail price...

The two location sets do come out the weakest in my opinion, just being so small for their prices, though both have cool Minifigures and with a bit of a sale will be good.

I feel like the only location sets that work well are the huts like Yoda's and Obi-Wan's because with an actual structure they give a sense of scale and don't look out of place next to ships and vehicles. The vignettes like the Forge, while looking nice on their own, look out out of context next to any other model. Personally I'm planning on getting the Forge, mostly because of the figs and some unique pieces but I'm torn on the Duel - as someone who only started collecting again a couple of years ago I don't have either a Maul or an Ahsoka so I'd only be getting it for the figs as the build looks pretty average. Even on sale it'd still be overpriced, but in the end probably is still better than Bricklinking those two figs alone.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

Finch goes for more then $500 new, let the exclusivity discussions begin!

Holy ****, you’re right! *huh* That awkward moment when you realise you suddenly have a $500 minifig idly standing on your shelf. And I thought I overpaid massively when I impulse-purchased mine for like $200 two years ago :laugh_hard:

Well, if that polybag is real some people will be furious, but I don’t really care. I collect sets because I like them, not because they’re worth anything 

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I’m not positive if it’s real or fake, but it appears the next LSW magazine has Finch Dallow as their character.

There's a telling reason that it's fake. Next to the price on all of the real issues of this magazine, it would say Issue 70, Issue 71, Issue 72 etc. The latest issue that is releasing in early August is Issue 74. However on that image with Finch Dallow, it says "Order 66" next to the price. I do wish it was real, but that's a big tell IMO.

It's nice feeling the shared love for this wave. I didn't mean to say that I hadn't bought ANY LEGO Star Wars since the Tyderium, but nothing big - I think only last year's AAT (almost solely for Ahsoka, though the Ahsoka trooper was nice too and I somehow had never gotten a previous AAT) and the 501st set since then. Even though I don't mind not spending money on Star Wars of course, it's also a fun feeling when there are new, desirable things in this theme.

@MaximillianRebo I agree that the "whole location" sets work better overall, but some interior ones have looked good too; the Carbon Freezing Chamber and the Hoth Medical Bay come to mind. The location sets are almost always a bit overpriced for some reason, but the builds in this year's in particular look sparse. I actually really like the designs in the Mandalore Duel, but the price is way too high for so little. A sale will help with that.

Yeah there’s a handful of army builders who are hoarding them here, I’ve seen them brag about it in Aussie FB groups. The rest are going to scalpers. Thankfully the set is going to be around until the end of 2022 at least, so maybe there’ll be an opportunity to get it, but if my info is correct none of the retailers are able to order it from LEGO anymore so good luck finding it in a store. The cheapest I can find it right now is $60 which is still way too much for what it is. At this point I reckon I’m just going to bricklink a large amount of 501st clones and give up looking for more sets, I have a battle display I’m slowly building up and it desperately needs more clones. 

Wow that's concerning news. I had entertained some notion of picking the set up if I managed to find it on clearance somewhere, but that won't be happening. :grin:

I got 4 of that and the tank for the 328, bricklinked a couple more of the clones for good measure. There are a number of people here in Aus that post pick of 15+ box hauls... clearly there is a demand, I hate to think of what would happen with a 212th battle pack.

It's such a shame though, I usually don't like to complain about lego and say they don't care about their fans, but the way they are handling the 501st battle pack in Australia is so annoying. For some reason, the limit is 15 per consumer, because they care more about money than the average consumer  guess. As well as this, they seem to have 0 stock at all and only restock it every few months where it immediately sells out, practically making the set retired. This is the same for basically every other summer set from last year too. It's come to the point where I have to stress to get the Summer 2021 sets ASAP just to be safe, which kinda ruins the experience. Part of the magic for lego for me is walking into a store and going "wow, I want that set" but I haven't found any of the 2020 Summer sets on shelves after the first month it came out. Sorry about the little rant, I just really want lego to get their stock issues together.

Just built duel on Mandalore and Mandalorian starfighter. Love the throne it's a really cool little display and Maul figure is great, did not enjoy putting stickers on especially on the cell, if you miss it just for a bit you will see Maul's horns or neck instead of face. Starfighter is great, all the figures too especially Bo Katan and Gar Saxon, i have 2 major issues with it: cockpit gap looks really bad and there is no landing gear or anything under the front of the middle part so the set leans forward when you display it in the landing form. Glad i didn't order 3 right away. 

Does anyone know when will 501st and AAT sets retire?  

Has ANYONE gotten a shipped notification from August 1 that wasn’t the Shuttle or Chamber? It’s been three days and I’m getting annoyed. 

Edited by hondohnaka

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Holy ****, you’re right! *huh* That awkward moment when you realise you suddenly have a $500 minifig idly standing on your shelf. And I thought I overpaid massively when I impulse-purchased mine for like $200 two years ago :laugh_hard:

Well, if that polybag is real some people will be furious, but I don’t really care. I collect sets because I like them, not because they’re worth anything 

Apparently it's not real, which doesn't bode well for me getting a finch dallow. (but does bode well for you selling it for $500)

I had a similar moment the other day when I found out the black-suit imperial officer is worth $70. It's a cool figure, but it's not cooler than the mando fighter, or two-thirds of the bb shuttle. :laugh:

2 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

For some reason, the limit is 15 per consumer, because they care more about money than the average consumer  guess.

Bit of a leap in logic, don't ya think? There are other reasons it could be 15, like that it's an army building set, and they didn't expect it to sell out so quickly. (Plus, they don't get more money if specific people buy 15, and with the people lamenting the decision to do that because they couldn't get any, as well as the fact that it's not that hard to bypass limits like that, and you can see that their profit wouldn't really have changed had the limit been 2 or something)

I think it's a mistake for them to have made the limit 15, but I highly doubt it's some sort of maniacal greed-stricken move.

48 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Has ANYONE gotten a shipped notification from August 1 that wasn’t the Shuttle or Chamber? It’s been three days and I’m getting annoyed. 

stares intensely at "In Warehouse" status

2 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

It's come to the point where I have to stress to get the Summer 2021 sets ASAP just to be safe

I remember we discussed everything you just mentioned a few months ago, I’m still just as frustrated as you and my opinion hasn’t changed. I bought the whole wave (except the meditation chamber) this week because of the 501st debacle. Thankfully I was able to get 10% off everything except the gunship, but I really miss the days when stores had plentiful stock of sets that were over 6 months old. Hopefully my gamble DOESN’T pay off and other people are able to find these new sets consistently in this country. 

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Does anyone know when will 501st and AAT sets retire?  

501st will be available until the end of 2022 at least

As for Finch, that’s fake as hell. I do hope he turns up again somewhere, even if I have no interest in him. It’s about time LEGO knocked the aftermarket down a peg with a move like that. I had the opportunity to get Finch from LEGO customer service but I chose not to because he’s from The Last Jedi. No way ANY character from that megablocking movie is worth even $5, let alone $500. 

50 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

My gunship was delivered today, but I’m not in the same country as you so it didn’t ship from the same warehouse.