MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 7/31/2021 at 5:31 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

I can't tell what that says, but if it's what I'm assuming it says...

"dear lego, @Agent Kallus is spreading a totally untrue conspiracy theory that I haven't paid for the havoc marauder. I totally have, no need to look into it at all. You should probably blacklist him from buying more sets, or redirect them to me.

PS bring back bionicle" (and castle)

Well not quite, I didn't realise how much I'd have to ruin the quality of the screenshot to post it here, but obviously I didn't actually send it. :laugh: 

If anyone is wanting 75156, (a retired, 800 piece set)  it appears to be  being sold for $4.57 on Walmart.

I payed £85 for that one (I later saw it for almost half that price, but such is life sometimes) which is 118.10 dollars at today's conversion rate, which could've gotten me 25 copies of the set at that price, though looking at link there are only 3 in stock and you need to buy em in store.

Edited by Agent Kallus

On 8/1/2021 at 10:28 AM, Sarah_H7744 said:

Yay, I've just ordered a Bad Batch Shuttle & two Trexler Marauder sets from Amazon, which will arrive tomorrow! It feels like I've been waiting for these to be released for ages, lol. :laugh:

I've just finished building one of my Trexler Marauders. It was a very nice build & I think it looks great.

The Mortar Trooper is lovely & the new Greef Karga minifig is so much better than the previous version. :classic:

5 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

I also think it's crazy to judge sales of a set that came out on a sunday after 24 hours, maybe people want accurate box or are waiting for christmas or they just spent 430$ plus taxes on the wave first. Dooming and glooming and assuming things just to have drama in chat cause they are salty that nebulon didn't win.

That's a rather ridiculous statement and doesn't display a great deal of maturity - I'm not sure that comments like 'minifigures suck' help either.

I voted for the Nebulon B simply because it would make a truly exceptional UCS set - not because I'd expected it to include a nice chromed C-3PO.

I find the prequel fans vs orig trig fans thing really odd. I don't belive its a thing. Its sad there aren't more prequel sets for sure, but its strange to try to portray it as a beef.

I wanted a decent minifig gunship, but voted Nebulon-B because I thought it could only be produced as a ucs. The idea that people voted to spite prequel fans or vice versa just doesn't seem realistic to me. Nor the idea that people would want a set to fail. 

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Well not quite, I didn't realise how much I'd have to ruin the quality of the screenshot to post it here, but obviously I didn't actually send it. :laugh: 

I saw that "and castle", how dare you put words in my mouth, I would never want a beloved subtheme to return after 8 years of no classic system sets!

I'm not sure why certain people are implying people want the gunship to fail. No one wants the gunship to fail, or at the very least no one has stated so on this forum.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm not sure why certain people are implying people want the gunship to fail. No one wants the gunship to fail, or at the very least no one has stated so on this forum.and castle

Well if it sells awfully I might be able to get one for cheap :grin:.... but no if this set does good that increases the chance of non-OT mbs and ucs going forward, Scarif citadel tower, Geonosis arena.... yes please.

29 minutes ago, ginja said:

I find the prequel fans vs orig trig fans thing really odd. I don't belive its a thing. Its sad there aren't more prequel sets for sure, but its strange to try to portray it as a beef.

I wanted a decent minifig gunship, but voted Nebulon-B because I thought it could only be produced as a ucs. The idea that people voted to spite prequel fans or vice versa just doesn't seem realistic to me. Nor the idea that people would want a set to fail. 

well people can argue and speculate. Surely I do the same - like speculating that maybe more prequel fans are quite vocal/on certain internet plattforms, prefer more affordable sets with some figs from a cartoon.

Not saying there's anything wrong or that this is correct. It's just speculation. Maybe (and hopefully) the Gunship will be a huge hit despite these reasons or because my speculation is wrong.

Obviously there are many prequel UCS sets I would love to see. But if they only made a Venator and a Geonosis Arena, between them and the Gunship I would die happy

Am I the only one who wishes the Mortar Trooper was a darker yellow? I don't have it yet because my ORDER is still in WAREHOUSE because of the AMERICA DELAYS but just off the site pics and pictures I've seen of other people's it looks realllllyyy bright. 

I'm on the fence about the Bad Batch Shuttle and wondered if anyone who had it yet might weigh in. For context I will be waiting for at least a 20% off sale (quite common in Aus), which would bring it to $120 AUD.

On the pro side, the shuttle itself has a distinct look a colour scheme, it includes the whole team with good unique faces and could be the only time we get all of them, and I've been enjoying the show though not loving it.

Cons: the shuttle is relatively small for the price, lacks a top locking mechanism and has slightly wonky proportions; the Minifigures have issues which significantly bug me like the helmets and printed backpacks; and despite somewhat enjoying the show I wouldn't say I care about the characters much, so could probably live without them.

5 hours ago, Lobot said:

That's a rather ridiculous statement and doesn't display a great deal of maturity - I'm not sure that comments like 'minifigures suck' help either.

Let's be serious, if Nebulon won i wouldn't say a word here, fair game our votes lost, have fun with your set. I woulnd't waste my time arguing and checking up on the set to argue how gunship would do better. Some of the people here personally attack others constantly since the set got voted in including youtubers that are members of the forum and their fans. Day and night half of this threads are either insulting a certain youtuber or gaslighting and ridiculing people that voted for gunship. I think salty is a fair assessment considering things the certain individual said such as why they voted if they didn't buy it right away, they were never planning to buy it and just use minifigures as excuse, how illogical and self-defeating it is to vote for a $350 UCS set and then not get it, only people that voted are teenagers that like prequels, why would they vote for the gunship to support prequels and then not buy it etc. Where were you then to call people on being immature? And if i said the same things in reverse about people that voted for nebulon i would get banned from the forum. How is it not immature to ridicule people that talk about minifigures in gunship and then open up a discussion about AT-AT UCS minifigures or ridiculing people that change their mind on  a set while searching how to cancel preorder on the bad batch shuttle in a different thread and then changing their mind again and ordering it anyway.

I will leave all Gunship Debaters with a Yoda quote, and it goes for all opinions on the subject: “Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.” Y’all this isn’t a matter of life and death. For the love of the Force calm tf down. 

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Am I the only one who wishes the Mortar Trooper was a darker yellow? I don't have it yet because my ORDER is still in WAREHOUSE because of the AMERICA DELAYS but just off the site pics and pictures I've seen of other people's it looks realllllyyy bright. 

No yeah I agree, it's too light. Should have been the color they used for the clone commander, they look about the same shade to me.

52 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Let's be serious, if Nebulon won i wouldn't say a word here, fair game our votes lost, have fun with your set. I woulnd't waste my time arguing and checking up on the set to argue how gunship would do better. Some of the people here personally attack others constantly since the set got voted in including youtubers that are members of the forum and their fans. Day and night half of this threads are either insulting a certain youtuber or gaslighting and ridiculing people that voted for gunship. I think salty is a fair assessment considering things the certain individual said such as why they voted if they didn't buy it right away, they were never planning to buy it and just use minifigures as excuse, how illogical and self-defeating it is to vote for a $350 UCS set and then not get it, only people that voted are teenagers that like prequels, why would they vote for the gunship to support prequels and then not buy it etc. Where were you then to call people on being immature? And if i said the same things in reverse about people that voted for nebulon i would get banned from the forum. How is it not immature to ridicule people that talk about minifigures in gunship and then open up a discussion about AT-AT UCS minifigures or ridiculing people that change their mind on  a set while searching how to cancel preorder on the bad batch shuttle in a different thread and then changing their mind again and ordering it anyway.

I was trying to avoid responding to you because of the intensity of your responses, but since you did this weird thing where you acted like you were trying to hide that you were talking about me and then talked about me asking a question about cancelling pre-orders on another thread, I'm gonna defend myself here, and I'm going to go all in. Let me explain these, since you seem to think I'm "gaslighting", "ridiculing", etc.

First, yeah I was going to cancel the bad batch shuttle and then decided not to. I pre-ordered it when pre-orders became available and then considered cancelling it because I didn't like how the shuttle was looking. I didn't vote for the bad batch shuttle to be created, and I never ended up cancelling it, anyway. Not sure why you've got a problem with this.

Now going through thing by thing. First sentence: we'll assume this is true. I don't know if you've noticed, but I WANT the gunship to sell well, and I honestly don't care that the nebbie didn't win, I don't even know where that part came from. Second sentence: This is a star wars discussion thread where we discuss sets, and since a lot is riding on this set's sales, yeah we're gonna discuss how it sells. Third: gaslighting is when you try to convince someone that something that's happening isn't real. Where's the application to this thread? Furthermore, I haven't seen anyone ridicule people who voted for a UCS gunship, rather for people who voted for the UCS gunship expecting a system sized gunship with figures not in the scene lego said the set was based on. Again as the "certain individual", I'll make clear two things. 1: I WANT THE GUNSHIP TO SELL WELL. and 2: I really don't care that the nebbie lost. I have literally never said that if people didn't buy it right away they never would. I did however say that the people using minifigures as an excuse to not buy the set are indeed being illogical and self-defeating for voting for a set and then not buying it, as it makes lego less likely to make more UCS prequel sets. Never said the only people who voted were teenagers who like prequels. (Though I'm guessing they are, which isn't an insult, just an educated guess). If you said what I said, but replaced gunship with the nebbie, no, you would not be banned lmao. Believe me, I do not enjoy special privileges from the mods. This last part is hilarious. I've made this distinction before. I like discussing and speculating about figures and I've never said that's bad. What I do think is dumb is saying a UCS set is bad, or you won't buy a UCS set you voted for, just because of the figures, which are a miniscule part of a UCS set.

TLDR: 90% of this, including the claim I enjoy special treatment by mods and the ones of gaslighting, are just objectively false. You need to calm down, man.

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Obviously there are many prequel UCS sets I would love to see. But if they only made a Venator and a Geonosis Arena, between them and the Gunship I would die happy

Pentaki would be a day 1 buy from me. I have this irrational wish for a UCS v-wing as the $200 1hy d2c, but I know how unlikely that is.

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Well if it sells awfully I might be able to get one for cheap :grin:.... 

Wait I hadn't thought of that. Guys, don't buy the gunship, it's uh, got subpar figures, and, uh, the parts are made with the same formula as 2007's lime ball sockets.

(I should clarify this is a joke before people tell me I'm spreading misinformation lol)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

I'm on the fence about the Bad Batch Shuttle and wondered if anyone who had it yet might weigh in. For context I will be waiting for at least a 20% off sale (quite common in Aus), which would bring it to $120 AUD.

On the pro side, the shuttle itself has a distinct look a colour scheme, it includes the whole team with good unique faces and could be the only time we get all of them, and I've been enjoying the show though not loving it.

Cons: the shuttle is relatively small for the price, lacks a top locking mechanism and has slightly wonky proportions; the Minifigures have issues which significantly bug me like the helmets and printed backpacks; and despite somewhat enjoying the show I wouldn't say I care about the characters much, so could probably live without them.

I paid about $130 for mine, must say I’m very happy with it and probably would have been if I paid full price. I would recommend the set, especially if you’re enjoying the show. Even if you don’t like the characters that much (I don’t really care for them either) it’s still nice to have that part of the franchise represented in your collection. Unless The Bad Batch explodes in popularity and they keep the set around like it’s an x-wing, I can definitely see the set going the way of the Ghost after it’s discontinued.

First some pros you missed, then I’ll address your cons. The shuttle build was fun and different to the other shuttles with some cool angles. The speeders are nice and they were actually in the show so it’s not like parts have been wasted in the name of creative liberty. I don’t think that the shuttle could’ve been made much better with the relatively small amount of plastic used for the speeders. And of course, the set comes with Gonky too.

The shuttle may be on the small side but it can accommodate 4 figures and could easily be modified to fit more. With the wings extended the size is good enough for me. I don’t have any issues with the roof, and again it would be easy to mod and put a couple of extra studs there if you feel the connection isn’t sufficient. As far as the figures go they have their issues but if you want official LEGO figures of the characters, this is it. Inaccuracies aside they’re still better than a lot of other Star Wars figures out there. Just keep their helmets off if they bug you that much, they do include hairpieces for the figs after all.

It's totally okay to speculate about figures for an upcoming set, even if they're not the primary focus. The idea that because we're saying figures aren't the primary focus of the set but then speculating about which figures could be included is hypocritical is frankly not true and a poor argument at best. Yes, we're speculating about figures. They're basically the only thing to even speculate about at this point. But nobody has said "these figures are gonna make or break this set for me" or "if this AT-AT doesn't come with Commander Cody I'm gonna boycott Lego forever because they obviously hate the prequels" or any nonsense like that. Minifigures are not the primary focus of a UCS set, they're a bonus, and there is absolutely nothing wrong about guessing what "bonus" we might get in a given set. 

Also, I voted for the Nebulon and I'm happy the Gunship won. I'm going to buy it. I like it, it's honestly probably one of my favorite UCS designs. If it sells poorly, it's not going to be because of people being spiteful that the Nebulon didn't win. It's going to be because people that voted for it make up excuses and won't put their money where their mouth was.

Edited by Gremer2

I have not seen a single person who voted for the Nebulon complain about it. Adversely, I have seen several people who voted for the gunship complain about it. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

TLDR: 90% of this, including the claim I enjoy special treatment by mods and the ones of gaslighting, are just objectively false. You need to calm down, man.

While I agree with virtually everything you said I think it is true that certain people and viewpoints are given special treatment by mods. Whenever a certain youtuber is attacked or slandered in this thread mods don't really do anything to stop it until it gets really bad (ie pages of slander/argument). Also when discussing the gunship voters people in this thread, including myself, do come to the assumption that only young people voted for it and that minifgs are their only reason for not buying the set. The desire for good minifgures is Lego's fault because they put a minifg vote in their poll. I know we don't know the result but they should never have put it there in the first place since "minifgs are a bonus" to UCS sets. I guess my point is that for the younger people who voted in this poll that vote was a sign that they could get there minifig and since they might never have bought a UCS set before or they might have not known that UCS sets aren't about minifigs they are reasonably frustrated. 

ANYWAYS, I love the Gunship and think its an absolute beauty of a set. Now I'm hoping they can do a ARC-170 that I can put by its side soon. 

9 minutes ago, AIex said:

I have not seen a single person who voted for the Nebulon complain about it. Adversely, I have seen several people who voted for the gunship complain about it. 

Man, why is this gunship discussion in every corner I visit today?

Not a single person who voted for the Nebulon expected a minifigure scale model with battalions of troopers to accompany it. It’s been said before, I’ll say it now, be prepared for someone to say it again: The #GunshipGang crowd clearly didn’t understand that they were voting for and they’ve only just realised it, that’s the only reason why we’re seeing so many complaints. If this was a normal UCS release without the whole fan vote spectacle around nobody would be spewing things like “it’s too big”. 

Some complaints I’m seeing are valid, like the connection point for the bubble turrets, exposed technic, that sort of stuff. But the people out there going on and on about how it isn’t minifigure scale have no leg to stand on because we knew what to expect the moment LEGO said “vote for the next UCS”. And then there’s the people spewing nonsense like “the doors don’t even close properly”... sorry to be a gatekeeper but they are obviously not the Ultimate Collector this set is meant for.

29 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

While I agree with virtually everything you said I think it is true that certain people and viewpoints are given special treatment by mods. Whenever a certain youtuber is attacked or slandered in this thread mods don't really do anything to stop it until it gets really bad (ie pages of slander/argument).

Isn't it our job to keep tabs on things and shut things down if they get really bad? We're not out to nitpick and censor every possibly "bad" thing anyone says but if things get really ugly then we'll stop it.

And I really don't understand why people get caught up on others criticising a YouTuber. Some YouTubers, like Ryan, really embed themselves in the LEGO Star Wars fandom and purposefully become part of the narrative. They want to sway opinion, and they have a following with which to do so. That's fair game for criticism if/when people take issue with it! Yes, YouTubers are real people too, just like politicians and movie stars are real people, but they're public figures and fair to criticise when the criticism relates to the context.

On the whole, I find our little Eurobricks corner of the internet fandom to be generally quite reasonable and balanced. I don't want to derail this thread with this meta talk either, but we mods are ALSO real people (volunteering) and anyone can always reach out if you think we're missing something.

@Brikkyy13 thanks for your response to my Bad Batch Shuttle query. It's nice to here that it's an interesting build, and the space inside is certainly a plus. The speeders don't really bother me, though I kind of wish LEGO had ditched them altogether and charged a bit less for the Shuttle, leaving it as is. The green one is cool and accurate though.

I’m building the Gunship right now, and my concerns sadly haven’t been changed. My biggest issue is how bad the doors look. The angle on the back of the ship, isn’t the same as the angle of the doors. And there is a weird angle on top of the doors, instead of the doors going flush with the hull of the ship. Looking at it, it could be an easy fix. Also the bottom of the ship is extremely wide in the back. And that again makes the doors stand out even more. And when you open the doors, they open like the OG 2003 gunship, completely straight. Whereas the 2008 and 2013 gunship open the doors at a slight angle. Which is correct. The ice doesn’t.

and the guns on top. Geez. Horrible looking. Why didn’t they use cones pieces instead? All in all a great build, and it’s massive. But those flaws….

19 minutes ago, DeductedMiller said:

I’m building the Gunship right now, and my concerns sadly haven’t been changed. My biggest issue is how bad the doors look. The angle on the back of the ship, isn’t the same as the angle of the doors. And there is a weird angle on top of the doors, instead of the doors going flush with the hull of the ship. Looking at it, it could be an easy fix. Also the bottom of the ship is extremely wide in the back. And that again makes the doors stand out even more. And when you open the doors, they open like the OG 2003 gunship, completely straight. Whereas the 2008 and 2013 gunship open the doors at a slight angle. Which is correct. The ice doesn’t.

and the guns on top. Geez. Horrible looking. Why didn’t they use cones pieces instead? All in all a great build, and it’s massive. But those flaws….

I’ve uploaded a video showcasing iT:

1 hour ago, DeductedMiller said:

I’ve uploaded a video showcasing iT:

Great video. Never had any intention of buying the gunship, but I was curious about the doors and wow, even less accurate than I thought they were. Didn't realise they don't align with the angle on the back of the ship, so thank you for pointing that out.