MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

28 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

For me the Cruiser wasn't loading and I think I got REALLY damn lucky because I waited it out and I got em all in one order. As of now I have two Marauders, the Fighter, the Cruiser and I grabbed the Saturn V because I've had my eye on it for ages. I think I'm going to grab the Forge later I didn't want to go THAT broke. 

EMAIL CONFIRMATION! WOO!

the missions, the nightmares, they're finally over. 

I'm honestly shocked nothing's sold out yet including the Gunship. 

I only got one confirmation email (Mando Fighter) so I think I got screwed but I'm holding out hope. Everything is still in stock right now so I might order it again but I doubt my local store (or any for that matter) will run out of anything other than the gunship and fighter. 

In the UK at least everything is still available 8hrs later so they seem to have got their stock and production levels sorted. 👍

Edited by Brickbashbosh

2 hours ago, Brickbashbosh said:

In the UK at least everything is still available 8hrs later so they seem to have got their stock and production levels sorted. 👍

Same in Aus, it's now evening of the 1st and all new models still in stock on lego.com. Hopefully that means better supply than the last 12 months.

Yay, I've just ordered a Bad Batch Shuttle & two Trexler Marauder sets from Amazon, which will arrive tomorrow! It feels like I've been waiting for these to be released for ages, lol. :laugh:

Edited by Sarah_H7744

3 hours ago, Brickbashbosh said:

Not so much now.  Just went online to make my order and a few sets are now showing as out of stock.  Disappointing.

Boy, I'm glad I live in Australia where I had virtually 0 problems when ordering, except for my GWP showing up a few minutes late

Gideons cruiser is already sold out online at Kmart in Australia, just to let others know, like always the prices are lower, best value is the Marauder at 49.99

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Better pictures of the Forge figures are out and ew Visla’s backpack build is horrendous

Yikes, while the rest of the set looks AMAZING, that jetpack looks like a 4+ build. I won't be using it on my display of it. 

15 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

Yikes, while the rest of the set looks AMAZING, that jetpack looks like a 4+ build. I won't be using it on my display of it. 

2 1x1 clips and two lightsaber hilts would have been just fine. Idk what they were thinking. 

Just ordered the Mandalorian Starfighter and Duel on Mandalore so i am pretty excited.
Only set that is sold out here from the new wave is the bad batch shuttle.

Paz Vizsla's jetpack looks bad, i wonder if i could just add a normal jetpack on top of that new armor piece. (nvm you can't)

Edited by PreVizsla

Does anyone know if Target is getting the Meditation Chamber set in the US? 

I’m seeing it on Walmart’s website, but not Target’s.

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

On 7/23/2021 at 1:09 PM, OCD_Chad said:

I doubt the gunship sells out.  If they thought it would, there would be a VIP early access.

still available as of right now

since no one is doing it yet, I will be the scapegoat and be one to complain about colors again. Are people who choose colors for minifigs color blind? What were they thinking making Paz Viszla's armor color sand blue? It is dark blue on screen and on promotional material? how hard is it to match it? And armorer definitely needed a cape piece.

5 minutes ago, Artizan said:

since no one is doing it yet, I will be the scapegoat and be one to complain about colors again. Are people who choose colors for minifigs color blind? What were they thinking making Paz Viszla's armor color sand blue? It is dark blue on screen and on promotional material? how hard is it to match it? And armorer definitely needed a cape piece.

In several interviews it has been stated that TLG doesn't just mostly work with concept art but that they HAVE to work with the existing colour paletes they get. Sometimes that can be more accurate due to lightning changing the looks of something onscreen. But yeah doesn't change anything when something looks dark green but we get it in light green.

It's also possible this is just an excuse and designers just don't have too much contact with source material so they just choose what they see in some pictures - aka probably concept art. In that case they wouldn't have done their research.

Having many artists and designers as friends I can tell you that they actually do complain about clients not giving them enough liberty about such things as colours. Therefore it happens that a company forces them to choose a colour that doesn't work in a setting (like in a bar when it's dark).

I think Paz Viszla’s armor appears a bit darker than it actually is in photos, some of the shots from the show have really dark lighting.  Also, it has sort of a weathered quality to it, where I think if the minifigure used  dark blue, it might look a little bit too clean.  It’s not perfect but I think it looks alright, the lighter color makes it have more of a matte quality.

As I predicted, the only one out of stock in america is the BB shuttle. ("I thought it was obvious"). You'd think the pre-orders would mean they'd have a better idea of how many they needed to produce, but I guess they underestimated how much people wanted gonky. :laugh:

Speaking of the shuttle, it shipped...and I still haven't been charged as far as I can tell. Odd, but I'm not complaining!

Damn I'm really not in a good mood today. Went to the lego store today, arrived around 9am after a 2 hour drive, bout 20 people in line so I was like this is going to be allright, right? Well no, the Gunship sold out in about 10 minutes. By this time there were well over 100 people in queue. I called the store on saturday and they told me they had plenty in stock so I asked for the manager. Appearantly they only received 14 Gunships, so I pretty much wasted my day with a mindset of not buying anything directly from lego again, long live Amazon.

1 hour ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Does anyone know if Target is getting the Meditation Chamber set in the US? 

I’m seeing it on Walmart’s website, but not Target’s.

It's exclusive to Shop Disney and Walmart ( you can also buy it from the LEGO) so you will not find it in Target.

Is the Cruiser a Lego exclusive in the UK?

Doesn’t seem to be listed on any other retailers sites at all.

1 hour ago, Ajf350d said:

Is the Cruiser a Lego exclusive in the UK?

Doesn’t seem to be listed on any other retailers sites at all.

Hmm, I think that may well be the case for the moment.

I can't find it listed anywhere else either.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I guess they underestimated how much people wanted gonky. :laugh:

Ha ha! :laugh:

On 7/22/2021 at 6:23 PM, hondohnaka said:

Gunship goes first thanks to scalpers, then it’s tied for Mando fighter and Cruiser. Slave 1 has limited appeal being a VERY recent remake but the Marauder is a contender with its army building potential. The Shuttle and Vader’s Chamber will not go out of stock for a solid week between preorders and just being bad sets. Duel on Mandalore will probably drop off by the second or third day bc that Maul fig is prime scalper real estate but it’s the smallest set so there’s probably more copies in the warehouse. 

On 7/22/2021 at 7:23 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Here are the chances I give:

Shuttle: 70%. I don't know how lego deals with  pre-orders, which is the only reason I'm not putting this at 100%, since they could increase stock based on the amount of pre-orders. But the main ship of a super popular show, with the entire main cast? It'd be almost like the razor crest if it sold with Cara, Kuill, and Gideon added, so I anticipate it'll sell out fast.

Gunship: 50%. This is a wild swing. Either it doesn't sell out at all or it sells out almost instantly. This will depend on how many of the average UCS fans buy it, and how many of the voters put their money where their clicks are (since we already know a good percent are using the figs as an excuse not too).

I don't see any other sets selling out anytime soon. They're good sets, but they don't have too much. The Marauder is more expensive and not as good for army-building as the 501st set, the duel's only draw is a new maul, and the sets with the most desirable figures (fennec, dark trooper, bo-katan), are expensive enough that a chunk of people will bricklink it instead.

Very very interesting results with the Shuttle and Mando fighter being on backorder and the gunship still being available. That's honestly surprising to me but I guess the Minifigure Discourse hurt it more then I thought it would. Goodbye, UCS Venator, I guess :laugh:. Currently hyped I got in before the queues and all that rot began and my order is currently "in warehouse". I am a little annoyed Amazon didn't put them up until like the next morning which means I have to wait like a week as opposed to getting them tomorrow >:(

Edited by hondohnaka

The Target near me was a mess this morning with new wave sets scattered alll across the toy section after the early birds had gotten their fill. Saw about half dozen each of the Duel on Mandalore and Mandalorian Starfighter in various places before finding a Marauder tucked next to a Starfighter. I was able to grab it from it's odd location next to Jurrasic World toys. I'm about halfway thru the build and quite pleased so far. :laugh:

I've built Boba's Starship this afternoon and I just don't know about this set... It's kind of confusing really.

Was this set really designed to give kids the chance to own and build a Slave I for $50? If so, why is it such a complex and tiny ship? This Slave I is around 550 pieces. The little Slave I from 75222 is almost exactly the same size, gets the job done and uses just 300 pieces.

LEGO nailed the simple X-Wing (75301). Great proportions, good size and just a simpler version of the 2018 version. Maybe Boba's Starship should've been a much simpler (but slightly smaller) version of the 20th Anniversary Slave I? Now it's just an overly detailed version of the Slave I from 75222 and I'm not sure if that was the best choice.