MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I personally still have yet to get one of the new Stormtrooper helmets myself, but gosh it sure looks awful in every picture I've seen of it.

It looks better in person, though I still think the old one is better overall. This one gives me the vibe of the old kenner figures.

Unfortunately the new Stormie helmet is here to stay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

I will say this though, I like the mortar trooper now that I have it in hand. It has a backpack spacing the head up from the body so it can turn its head easier. I still think the helmets are oversized.

When all else fails, go back to complaining about the stormtrooper helmet!

On a serious note, I quite like the new helmet. It was also very easy to army build, and getting variants such as the shadow troopers and now the mortar troopers is very welcome. Hopefully we can see an incinerator trooper or shock trooper down the line, though the latter one I doubt.

I personally still have yet to get one of the new Stormtrooper helmets myself, but gosh it sure looks awful in every picture I've seen of it.

They look much better and less oversized in-person, and the textures/shaping/proportions are far more accurate to their on-screen counterparts. Additionally, I have found that the printing on the new helmets is better and more consistent than it was on the old ones (which varied almost as much as the actual ANH props!). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

3 hours ago, OCD_Chad said:

They sent the UCS gunship announcement email today.

I did find the line "plenty of room for troops from the cockpit to the cabin" mildly amusing, given the scale saga. I wonder if that was tongue-in-cheek :laugh:

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

They look much better and less oversized in-person, and the textures/shaping/proportions are far more accurate to their on-screen counterparts. Additionally, I have found that the printing on the new helmets is better and more consistent than it was on the old ones (which varied almost as much as the actual ANH props!). 

That's likely because they're dual-molded, most of the details are part of the mold and not printed.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:52 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Speaking of the BB shuttle... I got a notification that it reached warehouse and "should be reaching me soon". Don't tell lego, but they haven't charged me yet...  :laugh:

I'm pretty sure they charge you once it's shipped, similar to how you get VIP points when its shipped

6 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I wonder if that was tongue-in-cheek :laugh:

No idea, but I guarantee some people will be mega pissed and say "lego doesn't care about the fans" or something

Ordered my gunship at the crack of midnight here in Aus with no issues, got the cool looking sailboat too. Best of luck to people living elsewhere.

16 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

The new helmets have grown on me, but I can't say I'm terribly excited for any set they're in, which is a shame. The old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" never made it to Denmark I see.

Seeing the mortar trooper especially reinforces just how much I miss the old mold.

I honestly love the new design. I definitely wasn't a big fan of those Rebel Pilot helmets though so i can understand where people are coming from but the updated helmets for the Snow Troopers, Scout Troopers, and Storm Troopers are all huge wins in my eyes.

Has anyone gone into their local LEGO store the day of release? I was going to go tomorrow morning, just wanted to make sure that you didn't need to reserve your ahead of time if that is even a thing LEGO does.

Edited by CodeNameGoldMember

26 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

Has anyone gone into their local LEGO store the day of release? I was going to go tomorrow morning, just wanted to make sure that you didn't need to reserve your ahead of time if that is even a thing LEGO does.

I'm gonna go tomorrow to my local Lego store like i did on May 4th and when I called them they said its first come first serve and that there will be a line outside starting at 9 AM 3 hours before they open. I would suggest getting their early if you want to get your hands on something like the Gunship/Shuttle but if you want the Duel or Marauder I think you're safe to get their late as it won't sell out fast. 

I did want to ask if anyone knows if the sets go live on Lego.com at Midnight or 9PM for those of us on the West Coast cause I know they for East Coast its 12 but I never do online release day shopping so I don't know for sure.

4 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I'm gonna go tomorrow to my local Lego store like i did on May 4th and when I called them they said its first come first serve and that there will be a line outside starting at 9 AM 3 hours before they open. I would suggest getting their early if you want to get your hands on something like the Gunship/Shuttle but if you want the Duel or Marauder I think you're safe to get their late as it won't sell out fast. 

I did want to ask if anyone knows if the sets go live on Lego.com at Midnight or 9PM for those of us on the West Coast cause I know they for East Coast its 12 but I never do online release day shopping so I don't know for sure.

When everything works right its 9:00pm on the west coast, sometimes the promos take a few minutes to appear correctly. But depending on launch, things have popped up from 9:00pm to 3:00am over the years. Good luck!

55 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

You can't reserve it ahead of time, and there's ROUGH lines. I recommend getting up 10 minutes before they release on line and hitting the refresh to be honest.

3 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

I'm pretty sure they charge you once it's shipped, similar to how you get VIP points when its shipped

That makes sense.

7 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Yeah, I arrived at the woodfield lego store an hour before it opened jan 1 2021 and the line was over a hundred long, mostly middle aged men in mythosaur skull t-shirts (so I knew they were there for trouble on tatooine, not the modular). Unless your area is more rural, I'd order online if you want the gunship or shuttle.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Says my order has been placed, but have not yet received confirmation email. I had an error message and had to reorder it but it went through at least so I am still hopeful. 

They also billed me. So...

Edited by hondohnaka

4 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Says my order has been placed, but have not yet received confirmation email. I had an error message and had to reorder it but it went through at least so I am still hopeful. 

They also billed me. So...

Same except i had to do 2 orders cause fighter wasn't loading at first. I'm risking it and am not buying the Gunship online. I want it in person so i got the Slave 1, Marauder, Forge (pre order), and fighter cause I really wanted those. 

8 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Same except i had to do 2 orders cause fighter wasn't loading at first. I'm risking it and am not buying the Gunship online. I want it in person so i got the Slave 1, Marauder, Forge (pre order), and fighter cause I really wanted those. 

For me the Cruiser wasn't loading and I think I got REALLY damn lucky because I waited it out and I got em all in one order. As of now I have two Marauders, the Fighter, the Cruiser and I grabbed the Saturn V because I've had my eye on it for ages. I think I'm going to grab the Forge later I didn't want to go THAT broke. 

EMAIL CONFIRMATION! WOO!

the missions, the nightmares, they're finally over. 

I'm honestly shocked nothing's sold out yet including the Gunship. 

Edited by hondohnaka

5 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

For me the Cruiser wasn't loading and I think I got REALLY damn lucky because I waited it out and I got em all in one order. As of now I have two Marauders, the Fighter, the Cruiser and I grabbed the Saturn V because I've had my eye on it for ages. I think I'm going to grab the Forge later I didn't want to go THAT broke. 

EMAIL CONFIRMATION! WOO!

the missions, the nightmares, they're finally over. 

Saturn V was totally worth it. 

I finally had some confirmations too after a tumultuous first 15 to 20 minutes. 

I thought I'd stop by the site, maybe get a duel on mandalore to go alongside my bad batch pre-order.

I'm currently number          in que with a waiting time of "      "

I was able to place an order for the gunship and the Sailboat Adventure is with it.

Edited by OCD_Chad

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I thought I'd stop by the site, maybe get a duel on mandalore to go alongside my bad batch pre-order.

I'm currently number          in que with a waiting time of "      "

I didn't even realize that was a thing and I'm glad I had the site open at like 11:30. Honestly this seems to be going much better then January did on the whole. Kudos, Lego. Minor ones, for being able to take our money properly, but kudos nonetheless.

Got my order in for the Trexler Marauder(along with the Birds of Paradise botanical set for my mom for Christmas, it's insane how popular the Botanical Collection sets are. My wife and I wanted to get my mom the Bouquet for Mother's day and we weren't able to get one until a couple weeks ago). I had the BB shuttle preordered so now I wait for that to ship too. The que system for the website was definitely new, hopefully that actually helps. It made things pretty smooth for me.

Edited by ToaDraco