MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

8 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Official pictures of the Mando Forge can be found at the usual place :thumbup:

The Mando hologram is a nice surprise!

And the unprinted helmet, though I think someone pointed that out back when the first images leaked. I was planning on waiting for a sale, but if this has 2 of paz's armor, I might end up getting it anyway.

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Mando hologram is a nice surprise!

"Moff Gideon, You have something I want. You may think you have some idea of what you're in possession of, but you do not. Soon, he will be back with me. He means more to me than you will ever know."

Would go well with Gideon's cruiser :grin:

22 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Would go well with Gideon's cruiser :grin:

Indeed. I wonder why it’s included here rather than in that set. Might be for budgetary reasons :shrug_oh_well:

Damn, the Mandalorian Forge is such an awesome set, definite day one buy!
I love the Mythosaur skull print above the door way, and the forge itself looks brilliant too.
The hologram is definitely a nice surprise, love it!

And it's available for pre-order on S@H!
I'll pre-order it coming sunday, together with ordering Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

20 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed. I wonder why it’s included here rather than in that set. Might be for budgetary reasons :shrug_oh_well:

In season one the armorer has a mandalorian hologram when making the armor, so I think it's representing that, as it's the same size and it was also of the helmet, torso, and shoulder armor. The one at the end of episode 7 was comparatively larger and would work better on a 1x2x2 panel.

Don't get me wrong; I'm quite happy we get so many Mando figs - but isshhh that Armorer oO

Why do they always print the visor so low nowdays? With a better print and some shoulder piece (as they try to avoid cloth these days) the fig could have looked much better!
Also it's interesting they really didn'te recolour the Jetpack. Happy I still have the Jango one in silver

Mostly costomization can fix the issues! Any as said - happy to get more Mandos - even an unprinted helmet.

Great little build! Great details! What a great set overall.

It may have been unreasonable to expect some Damascus steel-looking beskar ingots, but dang, I was hoping they’d do it! Maybe one day?

I thought that the consensus was that minifigures in UCS sets don't matter and that we should mock anybody that disagrees. Flash forward to yesterday, and people were discussing the minifIgures in the AT-AT. Isn't the AT-AT a UCS set, so shouldn't we only be allowed to discuss the build and not the minifigures?

I'm not trying to "attack" anybody for their opinions - I'm just trying to point out the selective outrage :thumbup:

Edited by avengers777

1 minute ago, avengers777 said:

I thought that the consensus was that minifigures in UCS sets don't matter and that we should mock anybody that disagrees. Flash forward to yesterday, and people were discussing the minifIgures in the AT-AT. Isn't the AT-AT a UCS set, so shouldn't we only be allowed to discuss the build and not the minifigures?

Well, you are welcome to discuss the build. What do you think of it?

The issue is people focusing only on the figures and being turned off a ucs set if they don't meet their requirements. The figures not being the focus of ucs sets does not negate the discussions of the theoretical line up.

2 hours ago, BaalTheBuilder said:

It may have been unreasonable to expect some Damascus steel-looking beskar ingots, but dang, I was hoping they’d do it! Maybe one day?

Gunmetal ingot pieces work great. I think a marvel set recently had like 10 of them, so they're pretty cheap too.

6 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

I'm not trying to "attack" anybody for their opinions - I'm just trying to point out the selective outrage :thumbup:

The difference is that we're speculating what the figures could be instead of screaming and lamenting that mustache rebel isn't in the AT-AT. Minifigs aren't the point of a UCS set, we discuss it, but most people here agree that they aren't important enough to make a UCS set good or bad. The fan vote made it worse, because people who voted for the gunship were saying they weren't going to buy it because of the figures.

1 hour ago, avengers777 said:

Where is the outrage, exactly, in this case? 

Oh my, this set is simply incredible. 

Minifigures are so well done. Paz Vizsla looks especially fantastic. 

The build is also amazing. So many details, I love the unprinted helmet and the hologram. Probably my favourite set of this year tbh.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The difference is that we're speculating what the figures could be instead of screaming and lamenting that mustache rebel isn't in the AT-AT. Minifigs aren't the point of a UCS set, we discuss it, but most people here agree that they aren't important enough to make a UCS set good or bad. The fan vote made it worse, because people who voted for the gunship were saying they weren't going to buy it because of the figures.

3 hours ago, ginja said:

The issue is people focusing only on the figures and being turned off a ucs set if they don't meet their requirements. The figures not being the focus of ucs sets does not negate the discussions of the theoretical line up.

I encourage people to discuss their differing opinions, and I don't think we should be harping on others for having the "wrong" opinions because it goes against the consensus of the vocal majority of this forum. An opinion is still an opinion, regardless of how many people agree with you. I don't care if someone thinks that the focus of UCS sets is the minifigures, the build, or a mixture of both. I just don't understand how a person not wanting to buy a set for themselves with their own money (regardless of the reasoning) affects everybody else's enjoyment of the set. 

37 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Where is the outrage, exactly, in this case? 

Sorry, I should have clarified this better. I was being hyperbolic. But my point is that since people are so adamant about the build being the focus of a UCS set, why are we discussing the minifigures and not the build? 

34 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Sorry, I should have clarified this better. I was being hyperbolic. But my point is that since people are so adamant about the build being the focus of a UCS set, why are we discussing the minifigures and not the build? 

Discussion about the figs in a ucs set is not what was annoying people. The relentless sentiment that minifig choice/ design are what make or break a ucs set was what annoyed people. Also the point has been made many times that minifig scale ucs sets tend to have more minifigs it is quite likely that an $800 AT-AT will be minifig scale. That being said, I got hoth figs out the wazoo, a snow trooper officer that matches the newer print would be the only fig I’d be particularly excited by.

49 minutes ago, Archer said:

Discussion about the figs in a ucs set is not what was annoying people. The relentless sentiment that minifig choice/ design are what make or break a ucs set was what annoyed people. Also the point has been made many times that minifig scale ucs sets tend to have more minifigs it is quite likely that an $800 AT-AT will be minifig scale. That being said, I got hoth figs out the wazoo, a snow trooper officer that matches the newer print would be the only fig I’d be particularly excited by.

Yes, the relentless sentiment does exist, but it's largely on social media and not on this forum. As I said, we're in an echo chamber. A few people comment about not liking the minifigure selection on here, and then everyone else starts ranting about the initial complaint when it wasn't a big deal in the first place. Also, even if people are relentlessly complaining, how does it personally affect you? 

I think I made my point, so I'm going to stop discussing it. I'm not here to micro-mod. I just wanted to put my thoughts out there. Feel free to agree or disagree. 

Edited by avengers777

39 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Yes, the relentless sentiment does exist, but it's largely on social media and not on this forum. As I said, we're in an echo chamber. A few people comment about not liking the minifigure selection on here, and then everyone else starts ranting about the initial complaint when it wasn't a big deal in the first place. Also, even if people are relentlessly complaining, how does it personally affect you? 

I think I made my point, so I'm going to stop discussing it. I'm not here to micro-mod. I just wanted to put my thoughts out there. Feel free to agree or disagree. 

How does people complaining about the complaining affect you? :tongue:

Jokes aside, no one's saying you're not allowed to complain, people are just pointing out how illogical and self-defeating it is to vote for a $350 UCS set and then not get it because it didn't have some figures that weren't in the scene, or because the commander is a different shade of orange/yellow than they wanted. And there were definately a good few comments on this thread about it...

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh my, this set is simply incredible. 

Minifigures are so well done. Paz Vizsla looks especially fantastic. 

The build is also amazing. So many details, I love the unprinted helmet and the hologram. Probably my favourite set of this year tbh.

I'm attempting to resist buying this immediately as I already got UCS slave one and the BB shuttle this summer...I'm so close to getting it, if it comes with a second set of Paz armor I may not be able to stop myelf.

Speaking of the BB shuttle... I got a notification that it reached warehouse and "should be reaching me soon". Don't tell lego, but they haven't charged me yet...  :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Speaking of the BB shuttle... I got a notification that it reached warehouse and "should be reaching me soon". Don't tell lego, but they haven't charged me yet...  :laugh:

Open photo

Oh wait did you say don't tell Lego? :devil_laugh: :tongue:

Can't wait for my BB shuttle to arrive! Glad the forge is finally revealed, the whole set looks awesome, great detail even if most of it is stickers. The printed trans blue cylinder of a Mandalorian is a pleasant surprise. I'm pretty happy with the armor minus a fur piece for the shoulders and an actual pair of tongs for her. Pre Visla looks awesome. Interesting they chose to go with gunmetal for the jetpack for Din rather than pearl silver. The unprinted gunmetal Mandalorian helmet is a nice inclusion but would have been faaar better if it at least had the visor printed. As it is, it's pretty useless. Overall great set for a good price, given everything dropping Sunday, I'm kinda glad it's a September release. I'm also glad I already have Boba Fett's Starship and Duel on Mandalore. I'll probably grab the Marauder on Sunday.

In little more then 24 hours the assault on Lego's servers begins. TO WAR! Apparently there's already delivery delays in North America which sucks. The timing is highly irritating, but at least they're warning us in advance. 

Forge looks amazing, lot of details and cool little things especially the mando hologram  (or whatever it is) piece and finally a jetpack. 
Paz Vizsla figure is perfect, not a big fan of armorers helmet though and it's not only the gar saxon horns it's the print aswell.
Definitely buying it and i am thankful to LEGO for making some of the figures that i honestly thought they will never make like Gar Saxon and Paz Vizsla aswell as putting highly desirable figures like Clone Wars Maul and Bo Katan in a relatively cheap sets aswell as placing all 5 bad batch members in a single set even though i hate how the set looks i am not forced to buy multiple sets or spend a small fortune on bricklink like knights of Ren fans had to.  

Biggest complaint i have for this year are the stormtrooper helmets, they are the only reason i haven't bought  the new tie fighter and the main reason i won't pick up the marauder set. I really hope they don't keep up with them especially cause all the new media/shows and movies are most likely gonna feature stormtroopers and we will end up getting more of them in the future sets. They did an amazing job with the scout trooper/biker scout helmet and those solo movie patrol trooper helmets though.

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Open photo

Oh wait did you say don't tell Lego? :devil_laugh: :tongue:

I can't tell what that says, but if it's what I'm assuming it says...

"dear lego, @Agent Kallus is spreading a totally untrue conspiracy theory that I haven't paid for the havoc marauder. I totally have, no need to look into it at all. You should probably blacklist him from buying more sets, or redirect them to me.

PS bring back bionicle"

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Can't wait for my BB shuttle to arrive! Glad the forge is finally revealed, the whole set looks awesome, great detail even if most of it is stickers. The printed trans blue cylinder of a Mandalorian is a pleasant surprise. I'm pretty happy with the armor minus a fur piece for the shoulders and an actual pair of tongs for her. Pre Visla looks awesome. Interesting they chose to go with gunmetal for the jetpack for Din rather than pearl silver. The unprinted gunmetal Mandalorian helmet is a nice inclusion but would have been faaar better if it at least had the visor printed. As it is, it's pretty useless. Overall great set for a good price, given everything dropping Sunday, I'm kinda glad it's a September release. I'm also glad I already have Boba Fett's Starship and Duel on Mandalore. I'll probably grab the Marauder on Sunday.

Meh, I figure for a gunmetal helmet with visor we've got s1 mando, and given the amount of beskar ones about to be in circulation it's not like you won't find a replacement silver one when using the gunmetal one for a moctrooper.

Sine my only day 1 purchase is the preordered havoc marauder that I totally paid for, I'm able to sit back and grab some popcorn as the chaos unfolds.

6 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Biggest complaint i have for this year are the stormtrooper helmets, they are the only reason i haven't bought  the new tie fighter and the main reason i won't pick up the marauder set. I really hope they don't keep up with them...

Unfortunately the new Stormie helmet is here to stay. It's not like the Rebel pilot helmet that popped up in one set and got ditched afterward. They're committed to this one and said as much in a recent interview.

I personally still have yet to get one of the new Stormtrooper helmets myself, but gosh it sure looks awful in every picture I've seen of it.

The Forge looks like a great set, and like others have said, just a pleasant surprise that it exists. That said, the Armorer needs a fur piece, and the whole thing looks on the expensive side if it's going to be $30 USD. The parts count is ok, but many of them are very small and thus the overall size looks more like a $20 set. Not as bad a deal as the Mandalore Duel, but still.

30 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Unfortunately the new Stormie helmet is here to stay. It's not like the Rebel pilot helmet that popped up in one set and got ditched afterward. They're committed to this one and said as much in a recent interview.

I personally still have yet to get one of the new Stormtrooper helmets myself, but gosh it sure looks awful in every picture I've seen of it.

The new helmets have grown on me, but I can't say I'm terribly excited for any set they're in, which is a shame. The old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" never made it to Denmark I see.

Seeing the mortar trooper especially reinforces just how much I miss the old mold.