MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

It should be very close to minifig scale. That would scale to about a meter in height and a bit less in length, which is comparable to the Falcon at 84cm.

Isn't the AT-AT longer than it is high though? Also, I have Jhae's AT-AT behind me and it's about 60 cm tall, so I think a meter is a little much lol

Just in the process of building the Bad Batch shuttle, and came across one of the weirder extra pieces I've got so far: Wrecker's armourĀ :head_back:

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Just in the process of building the Bad Batch shuttle, and came across one of the weirder extra pieces I've got so far: Wrecker's armourĀ :head_back:

That's awesome! From others who have gotten it early, this seems to be the case.Ā 

35 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That's pretty cool, as extra parts go that's a good one to have.

3 hours ago, AIex said:

Isn't the AT-AT longer than it is high though? Also, I have Jhae's AT-AT behind me and it's about 60 cm tall, so I think a meter is a little much lol

Not sure how I've not seen it before, but just googled jhae's atat...Ā 

Is actually a thing of beauty, and while there are some really good versions out there, I gotta hand it to him, as far as minifig versions go, he's hit the nail on the head with it. TLG gonna find their version compared to this one a lot, if it's anywhere near the same size (cavegods is slightly bigger and a different class imo). If I hadn't made my own, I'd for sure be grabbing the instructions for jhae's!Ā 

Ā 

7 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Not sure how I've not seen it before, but just googled jhae's atatļ»æļ»æ...Ā ļ»æ

Is actually a thing of beauty, and while there are some really good ļ»æversions out there, I gotta hand it to him, as far as minifig versions go, he's hit the nail on the head with it. TLG gonna find their version compared to this one a lot, if it's anywhere near the same size (cavegods is slightly bigger and a different class imo). If I hadn't made my own, I'd for sure be grabbing the instructions for jhae's!Ā 

Ā 

If the one coming out is similar to this ---Ā :drool:Ā 

What do you think the minifigure selection will be? Standard two, UCS Millennium Falcon or Minifigu Scale UCS?Ā 

12 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

What do you think the minifigure selection will be? Standard two, UCS Millennium Falcon or Minifigu Scale UCS?Ā 

I would guessĀ more similar to the Executor with scene-accurate figures - so General and two AT-AT drivers. I'd be surprised if Veers at least wasn't included (VeersWatch will be pleased).

36 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

A phase 1 Commander Cody,Ā a Phase 2 Commander Cody, Jedi Bob, and Aunt Beru.

51 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I would guessĀ more similar to the Executor with scene-accurate figures - so General and two AT-AT drivers. I'd be surprised if Veers at least wasn't included (VeersWatch will be pleased).

This is more or less what I'm thinking, with either a couple snowtroopers added or the second driver removed, depending on the scale.

Maybe one of the snowtroopers can have a veerswatch face print, since he canonically served on the same AT-AT and saved Veer's life.

26 minutes ago, Archer said:

A phase 1 Commander Cody,Ā a Phase 2 Commander Cody, Jedi Bob, and Aunt Beru.

This is so unrealistic....

you forgot the entire 501st legion, every named clone, and a handwritten apology from lego for not putting p2 cody in the gunship.Ā :laugh:

Hopefully people don't get too unrealistic but you KNOW someone's gonna ask for mustache rebel or an entire snowtrooper complement.

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

Minifig Scale: Veers, two drivers, a snowtrooper or two.

Not Minifig Scale: Pilot, and either veers or a snowtrooper.

Do you think they'd throw in a Pilot Luke? Probably doesn't fit the generic AT-AT and I hope it is just all Imperial with Veers, 2 pilots, and a snowtrooper or 2 (a commander again would be awesome!)

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is more or less what I'm thinking, with either a couple snowtroopers added or the second driver removed, depending on the scale.

Maybe one of the snowtroopers can have a veerswatch face print, since he canonically served on the same AT-AT and saved Veer's life.

Hopefully people don't get too unrealistic but you KNOW someone's gonna ask for mustache rebel or an entire snowtrooper complement.

Well thank you all for making me discover the least toxic twitter of all time.Ā :laugh:

And come on, now, mustache rebel is iconic!

But in all seriousness, I do hope they go for a full complement similar to the UCS Falcon. General Veers, 2 AT-AT Drivers, 2 Snowtroopers (though these better have the packs and kamas), possibly the Snowtrooper Commander. And for $800 kriffin' dollars, can I at least remotely wish for a to-scale snowspeeder? It probably won't be much different size-wise to the normal ones we get, but a quick google search of MOCs makes me think one could be better detailed at least.

16 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

I went to my local yesterday and theļ»æ staff was stocking shelves, no SW there, asked and he openedļ»æ all the boxes for me... best lego experience in a longļ»æ while too! Good first day out of lockdown šŸ˜Žļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ

That happened to me in 2016 with the rogue one sets, itā€™s an awesome feeling, isnā€™t it? Glad you got what you were after :)

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I got that spare too! It confused me a little at first, I ended up checking the inventory in the manual to see if itĀ was meant to be there hahaha. Should be a good part for MOC figures.

21 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

But in all seriousness, I do hope they go for a full complement similar to the UCS Falcon. General Veers, 2 AT-AT Drivers, 2 Snowtroopers (though these better have the packs and kamas), possibly the Snowtrooper Commander. And for $800 kriffin' dollars, can I at least remotely wish for a to-scale snowspeeder? It probably won't be much different size-wise to the normal ones we get, but a quick google search of MOCs makes me think one could be better detailed at least.

I really don't want a snowspeeder in this, at least if it'll detract from the part count. I also can't remember the last UCS set that came with multiple vehicles. (death star 2016? Hoth? Those would both be MBS nowadays anyway)

14 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

That happened to me in 2016 with the rogue one sets, itā€™s an awesome feeling, isnā€™t it? Glad you got what you were after :)

Happened to me in 2021. Saw the line for the lego store, noped out of the mall, and went to a target. I was able to catch an employee opening boxes, me and a random guy just kind of hung aroundĀ until she opened the trouble on Tatooine box and we each took a copy the second it touched the shelf! (We did make sure to thank her after and explain we were just waiting for a specific set, which may have honestly made her more weirded out than just two random guys hanging out at a target)Ā :laugh:

5 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

That's awesome! From others who have gotten it early, this seems to be the case.Ā 

The only review Iā€™ve seen (bricksetā€™s) didnā€™t mention it, so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s supposed to be a standardĀ extra part (VERY weird, if so). OddĀ extra parts seems to be a bit of a trend lately, the last Minecraft wave for instance included an extra tridentĀ in both sets it came inĀ *huh*

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's pretty cool, as extra parts go that's a good one to have.

Agreed, definitely a cool part for MOCersĀ :thumbup:

29 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I got that spare too! It confused me a little at first, I ended up checking the inventory in the manual to see if itĀ was meant to be there hahaha. Should be a good part for MOC figures.

I had the exact same reactionĀ :laugh_hard:Ā Checking the manual is always the first thing I do when encountering noteworthy extra parts (which more often than I want to admit turn out to be parts I somehowĀ missed during building, whoops)

8 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

It would scale to about 2 ft height, 1 metre is quite off, but yes, it should be about minifig scale, or, likely ever so slightly smaller. Unless.... It has a base to assist with stability, similar to the probe droid. Thrn I'd expect a happy medium between the system size and cavegods.Ā 

Ā 

8 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

It would scale to about 2 ft height, 1 metre is quite off, but yes, it should be about minifig scale, or, likely ever so slightly smaller. Unless.... It has a base to assist with stability, similar to the probe droid. Thrn I'd expect a happy medium between the system size and cavegods.Ā 

Just a rough calculation going from 4.5cm minifig = 2m. 75288 is already 35cm tall at $250 so for ~$1300Ā itā€™s going to need to be substantially larger than that.

9 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Yikesā€¦$800 rumored price point for the AT-AT?

Hasn't that been the rumored price point even before we knew it was either the Death Star or AT-AT? I guess I'm confused at to why that's a shock, and after the success of the Millennium Falcon I think this is the next best thing without going all wishy-listy

I saw the new sets out besides the Marauder out at a Target near me including some Marvel ones. I tried picking up the Bad Batch Shuttle but it seems Target's system is far more secure now and won't allow the sale until August 1st. The person helping me tried everything they could to get it to go through too. *Sigh* At least I know they'll have it in stock on Sunday.

Edited by CodeNameGoldMember

18 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

All at RRP though - I'm happy to wait a bit to see Kmart's prices/wait for a discount on these.

Hitting shelves today at Kmart. Meditation $89. Marauder $49, Boba $75

38 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The only review Iā€™ve seen (bricksetā€™s) didnā€™t mention it, so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s supposed to be a standardĀ extra part (VERY weird, if so). OddĀ extra parts seems to be a bit of a trend lately, the last Minecraft wave for instance included an extra tridentĀ in both sets it came inĀ *huh*

I can't remember which reviews they were, but I too read or watched at least a couple of reviews that mentioned getting an extra Wrecker armour. I hope that's the case for Paz Viszla in the Forge as well!

5 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Considering its $800 and could go over 1000 in certain currencies I feel like they'd have to give more than the standard two. I'd expect Veers, 2 drivers, 2 snowtroopers. Maybe they'll throw in a Pilot Luke and make it the same as the Summer 2020 model but I doubt it. As the designers have emphasized this yearĀ UCS is about the model soĀ I don't think we'll see anything special like a mustache rebel or snowspeeder pilot.Ā Ā 

11 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

At that price, Iā€™m wondering if it will actually be 1:1 minifigure-scale, or slightly scaled up (I hope notā€¦).

I am wondering if it is minifigĀ scale, since the current rumor is it will have the same or similar minifig lineup to last year's system-scale AT-AT. If that's the case, I would guess it'd have to be minifig scale, as most sets with figures simply for display only have one or two.Ā Perhaps that would mean an interior as well? If I remember correctly, all other minifigĀ scale UCS sets have at least three figures (Slave 1, Imperial Shuttle, Millennium Falcon), so maybe this will be minifig-scale UCS number four and follow suit.

2 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I am wondering if it is minifigĀ scale, since the current rumorļ»æ is it will have the same or similar minifig lineup to last year's system-scale AT-AT. If that's the case, I would guess it'd have to be minifig scale, as most sets with figures simply for display only have one or two.Ā Perhaps that would mean an interior as well? If I remember correctly, all other minifigĀ scale UCS sets have at least three figures (Slave 1, Imperiļ»æal Shuttle, Millennium Falcon), so maybe this will be minifig-scale UCS number four and follow suit.

Where did this current rumor about minifigs originate?Ā 

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

I hope that's the case for Paz Viszla in the Forge as well!

Not sure if that will be the case since then weā€™d see the same thing happen in the Cruiser set, and so far I havenā€™t heard anything about extra Darktrooper armour piecesĀ :shrug_oh_well:Ā 

Maybe it was a production error that only concernsĀ the first productionĀ batchĀ of the shuttle, a bad batch if you will *ba-dum-dish*Ā :snicker:

18 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

At that price, Iā€™m wondering if it will actually be 1:1 minifigure-scale, or slightly scaled up (I hope notā€¦).

Mini-fig scale would be enormous already- virtually no chance on that. Room forĀ 50 mini figures and 4 speeders on board? Then scaled up even further? Don't think so.Ā 

The gold standard for a reasonable walker design right now is probably Raskolnikov's Plus Sized At-AT. 2500 pieces, good interior, good pilot area, legs articulate, standing its at the same height as the UCS Slave on its stand, so it has a nice UCS presence. For 800 bucks I would hope the Lego version isĀ a bit bigger (but not ridiculous)Ā with the increase in price focused onĀ better details and refinement, particularly on the interior. Maybe with a removable side like in the drawing below to show off the inside.Ā Ā Ā 

However, I think there is an exception that folks will overpay for this. My fear isĀ because of that they will do something like the last year'sĀ ISD, which was pretty disappointing (at least to me) in terms of overall details. There are just so many ISD MOCs out there that used much better and more modernĀ technics. I was looking forward to that one so much, but ended up getting the Monarch instead.Ā 

Let's hope they look to the Falcon for inspiration on quality of design.Ā Ā 

AT-AT_Walker.jpg

Edited by TwoSolitudes

18 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Iā€™m kinda leaning cavegod size as much as Iā€™mĀ desperately hoping its more along the lines of the brickvault one in size

AT-AT is big, but itā€™s not a whole millennium falcon tall and a wholeĀ millennium falcon long