MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I'd guess the Gunship for the imperial logo mistake but from the play-scale sets I think the Mando Fighter and Shuttle will sell out by the end of release day because the figs are really cool and the BB finale should be on the 13th of August leading to more focus on the toys (IMO). Also I think the Duel set figs and price could help it sell out but not on release day. 

I don't know about packaging, as the blue box/black box sets were before my time, but misprinted parts at least have never been rare or valuable, so idk how well scalping would go. (I may be mistaken, in which case I have some clone and imperial helmets with misprints for sale :laugh:)

Agreed about the bad batch shuttle. I'm less sure about the mando fighter because it's pretty expensive with just 3 figs, and there are cheaper options to get mandos on the market right now. (for instance, you could get over 4 times as many mandos for the same price by buying the battle pack). I'd guess mostly afols will buy it, and while I'm sure bo-katan's price will be pretty bad on bricklink for awhile, I don't think it's a massable enough set for it to sell out fast.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't know about packaging, as the blue box/black box sets were before my time, but misprinted parts at least have never been rare or valuable, so idk how well scalping would go. (I may be mistaken, in which case I have some clone and imperial helmets with misprints for sale :laugh:)

Depending on the severity of the misprint......worse the "better", there is actually a market. And prices that would probably make your eyes pop out 😅

I'd suggest having a look on some of the Star wars selling pages on Facebook etc 😉

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I know mini-fig misprints don't sell well but the "exclusivity" is what is valued in this case. I think since it will be such a limited run the imperial box versions will be a sort of collectors item for some SW and lego fans. I know the resistance bomber is a different situation but the exclusivity of that version is what give it more value in my eyes. 

On 7/22/2021 at 10:55 PM, Prometheus87 said:

Out of curiosity, what sets do you think could sell out on the first day of sale? What would be the most popular? 

I will be on the lookout from day 1 for 3 mandalorian fighters and duel on mandalore, from what i saw ton of people are going for mandalorian fighter day 1 and the bad batch shuttle and they will just take duel on mandalore with it cause it's only 20$ even though it would be much smarter to wait for the shuttle till we get leaks for january wave especially if you only want it for figures. Gunship will be taken by scalpers cause of the box. I really don't think any other set will sell out first day even though almost every single set has something cool about it like Boba figure, Mortar trooper figure etc. 

I just hope I can get my hands on one cruiser, one fighter and one transport but I’m scared the Gunship’s gonna break the freakin site. Then again it handled the Bugle just fine from what I remember, and I’d argue the Bugle has a wider appeal. The Covid days of bots trying to get their hands on Trouble on Tatooine of all things may be behind us, but I’m still gonna be up til midnight. 
one week til d-day, folks. may the force be with you all. 

16 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

I just hope I can get my hands on one cruiser, one fighter and one transport but I’m scared the Gunship’s gonna break the freakin site. Then again it handled the Bugle just fine from what I remember, and I’d argue the Bugle has a wider appeal. The Covid days of bots trying to get their hands on Trouble on Tatooine of all things may be behind us, but I’m still gonna be up til midnight. 
one week til d-day, folks. may the force be with you all. 

Dude, if it handled the bugle, the 501st pack, the razor crest, the star destroyer, and even bionicle's return way the hek back in 2015 (bionicle gen 2 was bad but we didn't know it yet, lol. Now I'm stuck with half a Toa team with no corresponding story), then it'll survive the gunship. Could be a popular set, but it's not a 501st battle pack or mando battle pack.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Now I'm stuck with half a Toa team with no corresponding story

No, you’ve got 3 of the best Bionicle figures ever released and complete creative freedom to tell your own story :tongue:

I doubt the site will crash this time but be prepared for it to happen, as well as all the new stuff selling out even if we don’t think it’ll be popular.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Dude, if it handled the bugle, the 501st pack, the razor crest, the star destroyer, and even bionicle's return way the hek back in 2015 (bionicle gen 2 was bad but we didn't know it yet, lol. Now I'm stuck with half a Toa team with no corresponding story), then it'll survive the gunship. Could be a popular set, but it's not a 501st battle pack or mando battle pack.

I’m just having flashbacks to January and doomering a little is all :laugh: It probably will be fine, especially since after the disaster that was January they allegedly went full upgrade mode to prevent botting and proof of concept is the Bugle being still available the day after release. Lego is learning, slowly but surely. 

Kinda curious how it goes, I can see a lot of these selling out for a short period, a lot of them ARE desired, but no way a 501st situation happens.

Man why is everyone's attitude on the gunship either "it'll crash the site" or "it'll not sell a single copy and rot on shelves forever"? I'm kinda thinking day 1 for the gunship gonna sell out, especially with the misprint. It's AFTER the initial sellout period where I'm curious how it'll sell. 

I plan to buy two Imperial Troop Transport sets & a Bad Batch Shuttle set as soon as released.

I may also buy the Duel on Mandalore set straight away too, as the Darth Maul minifig looks really nice. :classic:

I've just rewatched AotC and I have no idea why they went with orange for the clone commander. The 2013 one was a perfect representation.

4 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

I've just rewatched AotC and I have no idea why they went with orange for the clone commander. The 2013 one was a perfect representation.

That was probably a lose/lose for Lego; If they didn't change anything about the fig then they'd get even more complaints like "They reused a figure for a UCS Set" so I think adding a bit of color and changing the torso print is ok.

7 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

It's yellow flame orange. Just like the Lieutenant isn't just blue (but more of a teal), I think the commander has an orange tint to the yellow striping (likely due to the orange surface/lighting of Geonosis) It's probably a lighting issue.

Which I find funny, since the 2013 212th Trooper (from the MHC) was criticized for "not being orange" (used this same color), now Commander Ponds is "too orange". Like what? :wacko: :laugh:

54 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

It's yellow flame orange. Just like the Lieutenant isn't just blue (but more of a teal), I think the commander has an orange tint to the yellow striping (likely due to the orange surface/lighting of Geonosis) It's probably a lighting issue.

Which I find funny, since the 2013 212th Trooper (from the MHC) was criticized for "not being orange" (used this same color), now Commander Ponds is "too orange". Like what? :wacko: :laugh:

People are finding any excuse to not buy a set they voted for IG. Maybe I'm being too cynical and it's just the standard "complain about everything lego does". 

Honestly neither are that bad to me. Ponds is the perfect color, and the 212th troopers, while not orange enough to be movie 212th troopers, fit the more yellowy colors of the clones in the show.

4 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

That was probably a lose/lose for Lego; If they didn't change anything about the fig then they'd get even more complaints like "They reused a figure for a UCS Set" so I think adding a bit of color and changing the torso print is ok.

Yeah, any figures here would get them criticized. If they're subpar or re-uses, they're, well...subpar or re-uses. If they're exclusive or new, it's spun as lego being "greedy" (if you buy a $350 set because of two figs, it's not the company's fault IMO)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I'm still buying it regardless, the figures don't matter to me at all. It's just that during the scene with the clone commander, the coloring looks like yellow. It looks identical to the 2013 figure. Maybe it's lighting, maybe it's something else, but that's how it looks to me. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I'll take a new color clone any day of the week, it just seems odd. 

Edit: Nevermind. There is one in the command center that's pure yellow, but Ponds actually does seem to have orange-ish coloring. I just completely missed him.

Edited by Gremer2

31 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

Edit: Nevermind. There is one in the command center that's pure yellow, but Ponds actually does seem to have orange-ish coloring. I just completely missed him.

I looked up still shots after my previous post and came to the same conclusion. Like I said, it's likely a lighting issue.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Honestly neither are that bad to me. Ponds is the perfect color, and the 212th troopers, while not orange enough to be movie 212th troopers, fit the more yellowy colors of the clones in the show.

I've been of the same opinion since 2013. I love those figures precisely for that reason.

The promotional pictures with neutral lighting show that the yellow markings of the commander should be slightly lighter than the pilot's. I think regular yellow for the commander and bright light orange only for the pilot was more accurate.

PLUH2Zm.png

16 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

The promotional pictures with neutral lighting show that the yellow markings of the commander should be slightly lighter than the pilot's. I think regular yellow for the commander and bright light orange only for the pilot was more accurate.

Aaaah, the unhelmeted one reminds me just what weird CGI abominations the prequel film clones were. Seriously George, you couldn't be bothered to make a SINGLE real clone armor costume? Did they really all have to be pure CG?

Anyway, you're right, the yellow does look a bit lighter there than on the lego figure. I'm guessing it's meant to represent the darker-colored commander Ponds then.

AFAIK the only 2021 sets we haven't seen yet are the AT-AT and a possibly 75369, right?

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

AFAIK the only 2021 sets we haven't seen yet are the AT-AT and a possibly 75369, right?

Could 75303 also be in there? Probably cancelled. I suppose maybe a GWP with the rumored AT-AT as well if you want to count that..

I managed to find a handful of new sets at Kohl's! I managed to pick up Boba Fett's Starship and Duel on Mandalore those were the only 2 new Star Wars sets they had which works out, those were the 2 I was looking forward to most, luckily both rang up no problem I'll be home to build them in a couple hours.

Edited by ToaDraco

7 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Could 75303 also be in there? Probably cancelled. I suppose maybe a GWP with the rumored AT-AT as well if you want to count that..

I think the 75303 and 75369 sets could be D2C (via Comic-Con and SW Celebration) online US-only exclusives like Bespin. The only reason I think this is the case is because the Bespin Duel from last year was a US-only online exclusive cause the event was canceled and this year I believe the events are online only (CC) or moved to next year (SW Cele). The GWP theory is valid but I thought the GWP for the ATAT was a mini Imp Star Destroyer and was set #40483.

So having built Boba Fett's Starship and Duel on Mandalore, I really like both sets. Duel on Mandalore is definitely lacking in content, either they should have added parts for a bit of the hall leading up to the throne or sold this as a $15 set. 

As for Boba Fett's Starship, I'm very happy with how it turned out. It's a very solid build with nice detail and decent heft. Of course it's no 20th anniversary but it's still very nice and swooshable. I love the service cart/stand, such a brilliant inclusion. Reforged Boba Fett looks much better in person. Sand green is still the wrong color for the helmet and jetpack but it's a fantastic figure overall and I'm so happy to have it. Also, while there's technically no weapon storage, Boba's EE-3 Carbine Rifle fits perfectly in the space behind him in the cockpit and doesn't rattle around.

Edited by ToaDraco

11 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I think the 75303 and 75369 sets could be D2C (via Comic-Con and SW Celebration) online US-only exclusives like Bespin. The only reason I think this is the case is because the Bespin Duel from last year was a US-only online exclusive cause the event was canceled and this year I believe the events are online only (CC) or moved to next year (SW Cele). The GWP theory is valid but I thought the GWP for the ATAT was a mini Imp Star Destroyer and was set #40483.

Good point. However, I think to avoid some of the controversy of last year, maybe they pulled those sets. CC is done, unless they plan on revealing sets for CC - Special Edition, which is in late-November. SDCC cancellation was known more in advance than last year for LEGO to pull those sets. And if SW Cele is moved to next year, maybe just scrap it for 2021 altogether. 

Ah I forgot GWP have the set numbers outside typical lines, good call. Well hopefully more will reveal itself soon. Just looking forward to the August wave in the meantime!

A thought I had: Maybe the Mando forge was/is supposed to be a CC exclusive? It seems like a potential set to fit that bill possibly? Just throwing the thought our for consideration. 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly