MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Endor bunker 2022! Ride or die, baby

While I would be quite certain it’s a ROTJ set, and it is most likely (and hopefully) the Endor bunker, there is a slight possibility it could be the Home One bridge, or less of a possibility Jabbas palace, or even the Death Star duel area TLG is obsessed with, so I’m not completely confident, albeit hopeful, it’s the endor bunker.

Edited by Stuartn
Double post

2 minutes ago, Max Rebo said:

(don‘t read of you fear spoilers)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Might want to fix the spoiler tags. 

Edited by Utinni Utinni

1 hour ago, kidtheboss611 said:

did anyone else think it was weird they gave the reveal to Solid Brix.

It was a little weird, yes, but I liked it. It was a fan vote so getting someone well known like Solid Brix was a very good choice, especially since he’s a Star Wars fanatic.

At first I thought the details inside the cockpits of the Lego gunship were just wrong, because in the movie there was a glowing green display and the seat had a more pronounced headrest. However, the more simple control consoles with white covers as well as the black and white seats do seem to be accurate to the main CG model (1, 2), just not to the physical miniature that was used for the close-up shot.

Clearly missing from the Lego version is the door that leads to the cockpit area. There just seems to be a hole instead.

Edited by Graupensuppe

34 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

5gxo4q.jpg

Yeah, I wonder why they went with AOTC :tongue: Expecting a UCS gunship to be based on ROTS is like expecting a UCS AT-ST based on TESB

Hilarious. :hmpf:

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My guy, the UCS sets aren't for figures, that's the point we're trying to get to you. There are other sets meant primarily for figures or with figures as a large factor, but with UCS sets, no, they aren't.

That's how you see it and how you choose to live your life, not me. UCS sets are literally the same thing as playscale sets! They are designed by the same designers, they are made from the same company and they are made from the same plastic. People see it differently cause they add in a 5 cents sticker plack and they call it a fancy name like Ultimate, Supreme, Maximum, Spectacular, Incredible, Master Builder so you don't feel as bad for spending ridiculous amounts of money on it and it feels deluxe and special. Moff Giddeons cruiser is 160$, add 400 pieces inside to make it more accurate and give it a 5 cents sticker and it's now a UCS set? You can buy 160$ set for dark trooper, but you can't buy 200$ set for dark trooper cause it's branded as "fancy" and "ultimate"?

12 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

UCS sets are literally the same thing as playscale sets!

They‘re very clearly not. As the name already says, UCS sets are intended for collectors as highly-detailed display models while regular playsets are designed with children in mind. I fail to see how that‘s supposed to be the same thing

12 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

That's how you see it and how you choose to live your life, not me. UCS sets are literally the same thing as playscale sets! They are designed by the same designers, they are made from the same company and they are made from the same plastic. People see it differently cause they add in a 5 cents sticker plack and they call it a fancy name like Ultimate, Supreme, Maximum, Spectacular, Incredible, Master Builder so you don't feel as bad for spending ridiculous amounts of money on it and it feels deluxe and special. Moff Giddeons cruiser is 160$, add 400 pieces inside to make it more accurate and give it a 5 cents sticker and it's now a UCS set? You can buy 160$ set for dark trooper, but you can't buy 200$ set for dark trooper cause it's branded as "fancy" and "ultimate"?

This has soooo many holes I don't know where to start... 

Same designers work on fiat's as do ferarri, so whack the price up a bit, they're made of the same materials, throw a ferrari badge on a fiat and its the same thing!!! 

Chuck a volkswagon badge on an audi and your vw is now an audi! (yes, I'm fully aware they often use the same parts, it's my point. No matter how close they are, they're still different cars.)

The marketing/packaging/detailing in the model is aimed at those who want a more sophisticated/detailed/intricate build. Minifigs are a supporting addition. Not a main selling point. 

You're literally delusional. 

24 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

That's how you see it and how you choose to live your life, not me. UCS sets are literally the same thing as playscale sets! They are designed by the same designers, they are made from the same company and they are made from the same plastic.

It you see them as the same, that's on you, as LEGO clearly markets them as display pieces and not toys, unlike the system sets. By the same logic should we expect LSW to start following the design principles of Duplo, or Dots, or Vidiyo, purely as they're all from the same company?

If you don't like the gunship, that's fine. But implying it's somehow TLG being out of touch with their customer base or a betrayal of their standards is a bit far.

7 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

Same designers work on fiat's as do ferarri, so whack the price up a bit, they're made of the same materials, throw a ferrari badge on a fiat and its the same thing!!! 

You joke but I do genuinely know someone who owns a 500 Abarth and makes this argument all the time. :laugh:

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

*snip*

Yeah, I wonder why they went with AOTC :tongue: Expecting a UCS gunship to be based on ROTS is like expecting a UCS AT-ST based on TESB

:laugh: Or an AT-AT to be based on ROTJ

3 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

I almost feel bad for dogpiling but my dude, UCS sets have never been playscale sets. Who in the hell picks up their UCS X-Wing and swooshes like I do my RO Y-Wing? :laugh:

They're like statues in a way, sitting on display, not really meant to be touched but admired. UCS vs System is essentially Sideshow Premium to Black Series. Okay maybe more like Hot Toys to Black Series but I think I made my point.

Alright, I think the point has been made, more pleasantly by some than others. Unless there's any really new angle to this whole discussion, it might be time to call it a day on the whole topic of the Gunship's minifigures.

7 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Y’know, I’ve decided that my #1 pet peeve of the Lego fandom is the amount of pure, unadulterated junk that gets posted under #legoleaks.  Got a set you built that’s been out on shelves for a year?  Put it as a #legoleak!  Custom minifigure that is 100% not coming as a real fig?  #legoleaks is the perfect place!  Want to post a photo of your entire collection of SW vehicles?  You guessed it, that’s what #legoleaks is for!  

Sorry, rant over.  I have no problem with people wanting to share photos of their builds or customs, but can those people PLEASE stop mis-tagging them to try to get more attention?!?

I know and agree 100%. Sadly the way these hashtags work in insta makes it nearly impossible to avoid this. Maybe it would be wise to use the hashtag "notlegoleaks" in the future for the actual legoleaks and just let the kiddies and trolls post their stuff under "legoleaks"

6 minutes ago, Metanoios said:

Maybe it would be wise to use the hashtag "notlegoleaks" in the future for the actual legoleaks and just let the kiddies and trolls post their stuff under "legoleaks"

Until they catch on and start using that hashtag as well :snicker: There‘s no way to avoid it on IG, except for following the leakers directly

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Until they catch on and start using that hashtag as well :snicker: There‘s no way to avoid it on IG, except for following the leakers directly

If it's the same accounts posting stuff, I believe there's an option to stop them coming up on that hashtag (or you can block them, which will have the same effect). Among others there was someone who used to (and might still) post a bunch of League of Legends clips on the hashtag, they don't show up in my feed any more after I either blocked them or stopped them showing up.

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

If it's the same accounts posting stuff, I believe there's an option to stop them coming up on that hashtag (or you can block them, which will have the same effect). Among others there was someone who used to (and might still) post a bunch of League of Legends clips on the hashtag, they don't show up in my feed any more after I either blocked them or stopped them showing up.

Now there’s clowns who post fortnite clips. I think I’ve blocked most but it still pops up every so often. 

11 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

While I'd love an Endor Bunker I really hope they do a Kamino or Genosian themed MBS set cause it is the 20th anniversary of AOTC. 

Lego officially said that if you want more prequel UCS sets, get the gunship, and I don't think they'd be able to turn around a new MBS set in less than a year, considering how long the cantina was said to have been in production for. Granted, UCS is technically not MBS, but I think we can all assume we wouldn't get prequel MBS without prequel UCS.

9 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Hilarious. :hmpf:

It really is, and factually accurate too!

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Now there’s clowns who post fortnite clips. I think I’ve blocked most but it still pops up every so often. 

Someone keeps posting clips of that new Chris Pratt movie as well, and it's not even a good movie. :hmpf_bad:

11 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

So still no news on 75369 (what Vader’s chamber was originally) eh? With only two weeks left and everything else revealed I’m betting it was just a misread leak. 

I've been guessing that for a bit, unless it's a bespin duel exclusive type thing, I doubt it's real.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I really hope we get some generic clones in the style of the commander from the gunship set in the forthcoming year. Do we have any reliable predictions for January or will they not be for another few months? (sorry, I don't follow this community as much now)

5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Who in the hell picks up their UCS X-Wing and swooshes 

Who hell doesn’t swoosh their UCS sets? I spent $1300 on that Falcon, you’re damn right I’m gonna pick it up and spin in a circle making spaceship noises. 

2 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Who hell doesn’t swoosh their UCS sets? I spent $1300 on that Falcon, you’re damn right I’m gonna pick it up and spin in a circle making spaceship noises. 

How do you not just fall over :laugh:

52 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've been guessing that for a bit, unless it's a bespin duel exclusive type thing, I doubt it's real.

There's one last chance though: after all, the Mando Forge also hasn't been officially revealed yet :classic: Then again, we've known about that one for months, and still no peep about the unknown set. I guess we should adjust our expectations accordingly 

15 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

You're braver than I am :laugh:

2 hours ago, TheAbsoluteSt81 said:

I really hope we get some generic clones in the style of the commander from the gunship set in the forthcoming year. Do we have any reliable predictions for January or will they not be for another few months? (sorry, I don't follow this community as much now)

Same here, I'm glad they're keeping the 2020 design style. We don't have a leaked list yet (we just got a rather laughable fake), but we should get one soon.

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

How do you not just fall over :laugh:

Clearly he's using the force to keep it upright. 

I think the "you don't swoosh a UCS set" argument is just poorly worded. You aren't meant to swoosh UCS sets, but you clearly can. It's the difference between attempting something and being mad it's not included. I don't sit around complaining that the UCS sets don't have handles like the system ones, but you can be damn sure I'll swoosh my UCS slave one across my house.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There's one last chance though: after all, the Mando Forge also hasn't been officially revealed yet :classic: Then again, we've known about that one for months, and still no peep about the unknown set. I guess we should adjust our expectations accordingly 

It's possible, but I don't think it's likely. As you say, we shouldn't expect it at this point. That way it can be a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I stand corrected :laugh:

21 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

One thing about the gunship clone commander, I wish the visor was metallic, they have done it before on the clone officers for the 2013 line...it should be metallic. Oh well.

That seemed off to me too, but it never was exactly accurate to begin with, just a cool added detail for the officers, so I'm not upset to see it go.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the "you don't swoosh a UCS set" argument is just poorly worded. You aren't meant to swoosh UCS sets, but you clearly can. It's the difference between attempting something and being mad it's not included. I don't sit around complaining that the UCS sets don't have handles like the system ones, but you can be damn sure I'll swoosh my UCS slave one across my house.

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to gain some flight hours with the Gunship too :grin: