MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

He claims Lego hates making prequel sets while they're releasing several this year.

There's only one prequel set this year (that we know of) - the UCS Gunship. That's not a lot.

1 minute ago, Graupensuppe said:

There's only one prequel set this year (that we know of) - the UCS Gunship. That's not a lot.

Bo Katan's Starfighter, Siege of Mandalore, Bad Batch Shuttle. Granted they're Clone Wars sets but as far as I'm concerned at least those are prequels. 

Just now, Graupensuppe said:

Of the 10 normal (not microfighter, not helmet, not UCS) sets this year, 3 are Clone Wars or Bad Batch. Nearly 1/3rd of the sets this year for prequel shows is pretty good. But I suppose if you strictly mean prequel movies and ignore all other media, yes, there's only one.

I’ll say if the statistics were there for the figures selected they would have stated it especially if they knew the drama was coming and seeing as the interviews people are upset about took place weeks before the product was revealed they did know 

No matter what this figure issue was going to be a issue as soon as lego made it a potential option. If they made Cody and Bob there would be fans angry about the decision too.

To add to that the designer didn’t do a lot to help with his comments. I know it’s two different sets but look at some of the questions the bugle designer got about missing figures, he had answers that people seemed to understand why the figure was missing and calmed people down. I don’t know what extent it would have helped but if the designers came out and gave a reasonable reason for why Cody wasn’t included and directly mentioned Cody, I think it could have at least calmed down a big chunk of the angry people 

Edited by Falconfan1414

Is there any official indication of when the UCS At At will be revealed, also, how do you stop getting notifications of replies, I accidentally pressed the button and every time I go to turn it off it won’t work

7 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

Is there any official indication of when the UCS At At will be revealed, also, how do you stop getting notifications of replies, I accidentally pressed the button and every time I go to turn it off it won’t work

The prevailing theory atm is that it comes out Black Friday Weekend, so probably late September, early to mid October if they don't just spring it on us on Thanksgiving or whatever. 

I'm really hoping the Old Boba fig doesn't become super expensive on Bricklink because I really cannot excuse the S1 build. 

Can we please stop with the snobby attitudes? I'm tired of the personal attacks towards each other, towards MandR, his fans, etc. We're grown adults here, stop it!

We go on for pages discussing the same topics over and over again (e.g. Will Beskar Mando have arm printing in X set? Why doesn't Vader have arm printing in Y set? What's the orange thing in the Gunship?)...And, now it's suddenly unreasonable to question the minifigure selection in a LEGO set? 

Everyone has their own reasons for buying (or not buying) a product. Maybe they just like the build, minifigs, a singular piece, the box art, price, details/accuracy, size, etc. (or a combination of the factors)?...My point is that it ultimately comes down to the individual. Everyone's allowed to have their own opinions. So, let's start speaking for ourselves and stop speaking for others.

7 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

We go on for pages discussing the same topics over and over again (e.g. Will Beskar Mando have arm printing in X set? Why doesn't Vader have arm printing in Y set? What's the orange thing in the Gunship?)...And, now it's suddenly unreasonable to question the minifigure selection in a LEGO set? 

Yes and no. I don't think questioning Lego's choices is ever entirely unreasonable, but in this case, people are getting unreasonably angry over something that was a given (No Phase II Cody/Jedi Bob). I understand questioning the lack of pilot/Yoda/Anakin/Obi-Wan/Padme/Clone Trooper or any mixture thereof. But at the end of the day, it's a small piece of a larger puzzle.

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

But now that UCS boxes are just black and don't show a movie scene in the background anymore, the minifigure selection is basically the only thing that connects the set to a specific movie.

And y'know, the reference pictures. And the fact that the Gunship is most iconic in AOTC, just like the X-Wing, Y-Wing, and ISD for ANH. And the fact that there's never been a ROTS version by Lego, I could keep going.

27 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Can we please stop with the snobby attitudes? I'm tired of the personal attacks towards each other, towards MandR, his fans, etc. We're grown adults here, stop it!

Everyone has their own reasons for buying (or not buying) a product. Maybe they just like the build, minifigs, a singular piece, the box art, price, details/accuracy, size, etc. (or a combination of the factors)?...My point is that it ultimately comes down to the individual. Everyone's allowed to have their own opinions. So, let's start speaking for ourselves and stop speaking for others.

Yeah, we’re grown adults…MandR is not, he’s a bratty spoiled kid with serious issues and way too much influence on similar-minded people. You realize the actual “attacks” as you say, the real unacceptable anger, is coming from his fans who are calling for a lego designer to be fired because they didn’t get what they want. Who crap on a gorgeous set just because it doesn’t have the minfigures they wanted, as if they wouldn’t have given the same outcry if the figures they wanted were exclusive to a $350 set they never actually planned on getting to begin with 🙄. I’ll be buying the set on day one, and I will enjoy it immensely as the large display model that it is supposed to be, instead of listening to nay sayers and spiteful brats like MandR. And I’m sorry but if someone’s entire basis for buying a UCS set is the minfigures, the disappointment is entirely their fault.

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

1 hour ago, Gremer2 said:

To be honest, I don't think there's any point arguing with him. You'll never get anywhere, there's no real logic behind anything he actually says. He claims Lego hates making prequel sets while they're releasing several this year. He completely made up the statistic that 90% of people voted for the Gunship and then when it was said that 58% did, acted like a 32% difference isn't a big deal. He keeps saying that Cody not being in the Gunship is Lego attacking prequel fans, without any statistic on the actual figure vote. And I'm sure there's so much more I'm forgetting. It's probably best to just ignore him.

Good point, I'll take your advice.

My final post on the gunship topic, unless I get direct responses:

We knew from the beginning that the vote was for a UCS gunship from AOTC. From this, everyone should be able to infer that:

A: It's a UCS set, meaning figures aren't a major factor, and it will be significantly larger than the system version of the craft.

B: it's based off it's appearance in AOTC, meaning that the figures would most likely be from the gunship scenes in that film. 

I can understand being upset that there's no pilot, even though I have personally outlined before why I don't think it's a big deal, certainly not one big enough to not buy the set over. 

If you voted for the set, and aren't planning on buying it because of the figures, YOU are contributing to the lack of prequel UCS by not purchasing a set you voted for. Personally I think it should have been done as a pre-order type thing, so people would put their money where their mouth is instead of voting for something and coming up with baloney excuses not to get it. 

1 hour ago, Graupensuppe said:

But now that UCS boxes are just black and don't show a movie scene in the background anymore, the minifigure selection is basically the only thing that connects the set to a specific movie.

Yeah, but the boxart isn't the evidence, it's that they'd made clear from the day the vote was announced that it was going to be based on AOTC.

Ok to try to talk about anything else:

How about that book? :laugh: Poe's nice as the figure I suppose, a main hero for kids to have but not something essential that adults would buy the book just to get. (I don't really mind the book-exclusive figs, but I can never justify purchasing the books as I'll never read them and then I'm basically just paying $20-30 for a minifig.)

If I remember correctly we had our first leaked set lists as early as july in the past, so keep your eyes peeled, bois.

What was the original source for the $800 UCS set/AT-AT and when was the last time we had any info about it? I'm not doubting it, but it still feels really odd that we're getting this many UCS sets in a year.

10 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

What was the original source for the $800 UCS set/AT-AT and when was the last time we had any info about it? I'm not doubting it, but it still feels really odd that we're getting this many UCS sets in a year.

I believe the price was from Yakface and the info about it being an AT-AT came from Promobricks :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

To break up the constant Gunship stuff, how confident are we that the AT-AT actually exists? It wasn't that long ago that people were thinking that the Gunship would be out on May 4th and the large UCS might be a Death Star, and I don't remember when it was confirmed that there'd be three UCS sets this year and that the next one was an AT-AT. What's the source on that?

Just about 100%. The Death Star was mindless speculation after the $800 price tag came to fruition. Nobody was saying the gunship was coming in May, people who weren’t speculating at least. 

56 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

way too much influence on similar-minded people. You realize the actual “attacks” as you say, the real unacceptable anger, is coming from his fans who are calling for a lego designer to be fired because they didn’t get what they want. Who crap on a gorgeous set just because it doesn’t have the minfigures they wanted, as if they wouldn’t have given the same outcry if the figures they wanted were exclusive to a $350 set they never actually planned on getting to begin with

And people wonder why we don’t like the guy smh

21 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

4 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

I believe the price was from Yakface and the info about it being an AT-AT came from Promobricks :thumbup:

Yeah Promobricks as close to a legitimate news website as exists in the Lego fandom so we can trust them. Plus with the pattern for enormous sets (Falcon in 2017, ISD in 2019, it's now 2021) we're due for one anyway, this year probably would have been just R2 and the AT AT if it hadn't been for the fan vote. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

is coming from his fans who are calling for a lego designer to be fired because they didn’t get what they want

I've definitely seen criticism of the figs, but I haven't seen anybody do this. Where/when did this happen?

41 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Yeah Promobricks as close to a legitimate news website as exists in the Lego fandom so we can trust them. Plus with the pattern for enormous sets (Falcon in 2017, ISD in 2019, it's now 2021) we're due for one anyway, this year probably would have been just R2 and the AT AT if it hadn't been for the fan vote. 

Yeah, the UCS pattern is a $200 for may the fourth, than alternating between a $350ish MBS and a $700-800 UCS in september/october, with occasional extras like BB-8 and the gunship.

1 hour ago, Gremer2 said:

We have 3 because of the fan vote. As others have said, the source (promobricks) is pretty legit.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, the UCS pattern is a $200 for may the fourth, than alternating between a $350ish MBS and a $700-800 UCS in september/october, with occasional extras like BB-8 and the gunship.

We have 3 because of the fan vote. As others have said, the source (promobricks) is pretty legit.

ooh now I'm excited for next year's theoretical MBS

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I definitely believe the rumors, it just feels kinda weird. But maybe that's just because I kinda don't want it to be true, my wallet is going to be hurting real bad by the end of the year.

22 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

ooh now I'm excited for next year's theoretical MBS

Endor bunker 2022! Ride or die, baby! :excited:

Just now, Gremer2 said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I definitely believe the rumors, it just feels kinda weird. But maybe that's just because I kinda don't want it to be true, my wallet is going to be hurting real bad by the end of the year.

It has been a couple years since the last time we had 3 ucs sets, (much longer if you don't count bb-8), so I totally get it.

20 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

„Dear Mr Schlömer,

For the unforgivably vile crime against humanity of publicly stating that nobody cares about the differences between two CLONES with yellow markings, you are hereby sentenced to death.

Also, you‘re fired.“

:tongue:

The Star Wars fandumb in a nutshell

If you don't care that's fine you don't have to but some of us would like a bit of accuracy and tact from designers. Also nobody said he should be fired cause he's probably the best designer they have, (see UCS millenium Falcon and Star Destroyer) some of us would just like him to watch a movie or two for the Lego theme he's in charge of. Also maybe we should stop with the generalizing and taking snipes at people/groups in this thread. 

50 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Endor bunker 2022! Ride or die, baby! :excited:

While I'd love an Endor Bunker I really hope they do a Kamino or Genosian themed MBS set cause it is the 20th anniversary of AOTC. 

It feels like the perfect time since we've seen more of Kamino in the BB and Clones are still so popular.

Also after the discourse around the Gunship and designers and everthing else I don't even want to touch the subject in fear of being called a Mandr backup account but did anyone else think it was weird they gave the reveal to Solid Brix. I feel like the set would have been better as a non-live video done with designers and some type of spokesperson/fans since it was a fan vote. I like David but youtubers aren't cutout to reveal sets and so when I watched the stream it didn't feel like a billion dollar company revealing their new design but rather a high school presentation where the teacher doesn't know how to use his tech.  

Also Mandr wouldn't have been good for a reveal cause he'd ask awful questions and make it about him. 

13 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Also after the discourse around the Gunship and designers and everthing else I don't even want to touch the subject in fear of being called a Mandr backup account but did anyone else think it was weird they gave the reveal to Solid Brix. I feel like the set would have been better as a non-live video done with designers and some type of spokesperson/fans since it was a fan vote. I like David but youtubers aren't cutout to reveal sets and so when I watched the stream it didn't feel like a billion dollar company revealing their new design but rather a high school presentation where the teacher doesn't know how to use his tech.

Well, he is a fan at the end of the day, and pretty well-respected in the community, so I can understand it. Equally, some of LEGO's reveals haven't exactly been flawless either what with low-quality cameras and dodgy streams :wacko:

So still no news on 75369 (what Vader’s chamber was originally) eh? With only two weeks left and everything else revealed I’m betting it was just a misread leak. 

6 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

There’s so much spam I can’t even find it 🙄

Y’know, I’ve decided that my #1 pet peeve of the Lego fandom is the amount of pure, unadulterated junk that gets posted under #legoleaks.  Got a set you built that’s been out on shelves for a year?  Put it as a #legoleak!  Custom minifigure that is 100% not coming as a real fig?  #legoleaks is the perfect place!  Want to post a photo of your entire collection of SW vehicles?  You guessed it, that’s what #legoleaks is for!  

Sorry, rant over.  I have no problem with people wanting to share photos of their builds or customs, but can those people PLEASE stop mis-tagging them to try to get more attention?!?

Anyhow, about the AT-AT, I’m still a bit confused on it, just because some reliable individuals on here have hinted that it may or may not be an AT-AT.  I know jdubbs said something a few pages back that may have gotten lost in the shuffle, but I sort of took it to mean that nothing is confirmed (at least publicly) as to what the set actually is.

Edited by Kit Figsto

29 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I like David but youtubers aren't cutout to reveal sets and so when I watched the stream it didn't feel like a billion dollar company revealing their new design but rather a high school presentation where the teacher doesn't know how to use his tech.  

I think it's actually worse than that since it was a YouTube premiere, which means that the video was prerecorded. The only thing that was live was the chat.

But also, I would really like to see someone ask for some follow-up/clarification. I think it would definitely help resolve a lot of our current problems.