MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The minifig situation is once again blown out of proportion (not here of course, I mean among fans in general). I don’t get why so many people think the vote was binding, it didn’t specify anywhere that the most-voted minifigs would make it into the set. And for good reason: it’s the Internet, and a binding open-ended voting would be a horrible idea (e.g. trolls banding together to vote for Darth Jar Jar or some nonsense).

The way I see it, the purpose of the vote was likely to gauge what kind of constellation people wanted (two jedi, two clones, or one each). One jedi and one clone seems like a reasonable result of that :classic:

The clone trooper in the Gunship looks more like a sergeant to me. Overall the design itself looks good, but the mass-driver-missile launchers look a bit off imo. A pilot would have made more sense, but we all know these type of sets don’t come with a truckload of mini-figures.

2 minutes ago, Beskar Bricks said:

Next: In 2022 which sets will we be getting? 

We don’t know yet :shrug_oh_well: The only list that’s floating around is laughably fake 

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've got a few spaces filled out, but no bingo yet. Instagram's got a ton of "it's too big" complaints, though.

Decided to go back and have another look at the comments under MandR's post. Ticked off a few more!

So far, I've got: 

'Too expensive! Too big! Rah, Disney! Not enough figures (x1000000000)! Not the clone I wanted! And too many studs!' 

I did find one that could be construed as 'Repeated mistake', but I think that's all we're going to get. Good game @jdubbs, it's been fun. 

Absolutely love this design. Mini figure wise I'm not too disappointed, we kinda knew what to expect. Becides for me personally it's all about displaying the ships, minifigs aren't my top priority.

Yep, still looks gorgeous. Interesting that they've moved back to full-colour arms for the clone trooper; does that mean the white arms on the 501st troopers could be a one-off?

Did they seriously use the torso print that's based on the animated version of phase 2 armor for a trooper who should wear the realistic version of phase 1 armor...

The LAAT is beautiful and massive as expected!

If you want it at minifig scale use it with army of Jack Stone clones! :laugh:

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Looks like lego did include the imperial logo on the review copies box and instructions

Huh, weird. Because in the official images, it’s the correct emblem :shrug_oh_well:

There is already a review out of the gunship by solid brix studios and it's a massive and beautiful model. It's larger than most people's chest and arms.

With the phase one clone helmet back in production with this set I wonder if we will see some phase one clones in the next wave.

"The dark side blurred our vision and we used the Galactic Empire logo on packaging and instructions for the 75309 LEGO Star Wars UCS Republic Gunship, while of course we should have used the logo of the Galactic Republic. However, the infiltration didn’t affect the actual model- which proudly displays the Galactic Republic[MM(1]  logo. We are working to update the packaging and instructions.”

3 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

"The dark side blurred our vision and we used the Galactic Empire logo on packaging and instructions for the 75309 LEGO Star Wars UCS Republic Gunship, while of course we should have used the logo of the Galactic Republic. However, the infiltration didn’t affect the actual model- which proudly displays the Galactic Republic[MM(1]  logo. We are working to update the packaging and instructions.”

Hm. Someone at TLG is getting a slap on the wrist for that one. "the dark side blurred our vision" though... Just fess up to the mistake :laugh:

Certainly not something I'd ever buy (not a fan of oversized vehicles) but there's no denying it looks beautiful.

Irony is, the mistake batches will probably be more popular. :rofl:

The model is a thing of beauty though. This was my childhood and the nostalgia is sweet. :sweet:

Set is unbelievable. Figures certainly not! 

David’s interview suggests the Clone Pilot might be on the way in the future, they just decided such a figure was not necessary for such an expensive set. 

I like the Geonosis dirt on Mace. I'm always itching for more unique figure variants, I hope that if we get an arena or other Battle of Geonosis sets soon the other characters get the same dirt.

Thing that annoys me the most about this release is MandR's entitled behavior. Why does LEGO still share embargoed info with this kid? He posted a video with the leaked image yesterday and today he released his reveal video 10 minutes before the embargo dropped just so he could be the first one on YouTube...

Edited by bountybossk

1 minute ago, bountybossk said:

Thing that annoys me the most about this release is MandR's entitled behavior. Why does LEGO still shares embargoed info with this kid? He posted a video with the leaked image yesterday and today he released his reveal video 10 minutes before the embargo dropped just so he could be the first one on YouTube...

While I agree that he's immature and entitled, that sort of entitlement is rife in the social media culture these days, It's everywhere. Everything is hyperbole, and every company is evil for not delivering exactly what fans wanted. Like why was there so much animosity about when lego reveals the set? Does anyone care now exactly what date the Cantina was revealed? No, Will anyone care next year about when or how the Gunship was revealed? No. People are just impatient backseat drivers.

11 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

Why does LEGO still shares embargoed info with this kid?

I don't think they do. He got kicked out of the LEGO Ambassador Network earlier this year. He just knows people who get the info legitimately and will share it with him.

While I think they could be a little bit more flexible with the rules about figures (simply for marketing reasons as it would not hurt to put in a few more figs) I understand and actually favour their arguments about figures. I could never afford the Boba from ESB with arm printing so it's nice that we don't have a 2-class system for figures (ESB Boba and partly Vader being the exceptions).

ship looks pretty cool - except for the "windows" on the side doors but that would be an easy fix.

I assume we could get a set or battle pack with clone troopers + hopefully a clone pilot soon.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok