MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I can't wait for the reveal tomorrow! These next 24 hours will be some of the slowest of the year. The silhouette teaser picture looks pretty good! I haven't heard anything about an accompanying GWP yet, has anyone else?

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I can't wait for the reveal tomorrow! These next 24 hours will be some of the slowest of the year. The silhouette teaser picture looks pretty good! I haven't heard anything about an accompanying GWP yet, has anyone else?

I seem to remember the August one being an Ideas-related sailing boat, but don't quote me on that. If there is a gunship-related one I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

It's hard to tell from the silhouette, but it seems like the solution to the oft-debated bubble turrets might have been to get rid of them...

37 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I seem to remember the August one being an Ideas-related sailing boat, but don't quote me on that. If there is a gunship-related one I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

It's hard to tell from the silhouette, but it seems like the solution to the oft-debated bubble turrets might have been to get rid of them...

I was wondering about the bubble turrets as well. If you read the story about the teaser on Promobricks, they comment on the turrets saying they're hidden from sight in the photo but will be able to rotate in and out of the Gunship. So, no worries on that front it seems!

The logo on the UCS box is definitely Republic and not Imperial. Y'know. Just in case anyone thought otherwise and made a big deal about it on Twitter. You'd think people would be able to notice the difference between Imperial and Republic. Doubly so as it says Republic Gunship directly under it.

4 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Yes, given that LEGO has posted themselves about it and the reveal is scheduled on their YouTube page. 

Awesome, can't wait for the reveal. It's going to be hard to disappoint me on this one...

The Gunship was never going to have lots of figures because it's not a Playset or a mini figure scale vessel so you don't get lots of figures to 'play' with it. Same as every other oversized set whether that's the Tumbler or the A-Wing.

This is a display piece that's larger than minifig scale so two figures on the display stand is how it's displayed.

1 hour ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I was wondering about the bubble turrets as well. If you read the story about the teaser on Promobricks, they comment on the turrets saying they're hidden from sight in the photo but will be able to rotate in and out of the Gunship. So, no worries on that front it seems!

Ooh nice, I must have missed that. That's very cool, I can't even remember seeing that on screen in Star Wars (although I'm sure it has happened).

26 minutes ago, Robianco said:

The logo on the UCS box is definitely Republic and not Imperial. Y'know. Just in case anyone thought otherwise and made a big deal about it on Twitter. You'd think people would be able to notice the difference between Imperial and Republic. Doubly so as it says Republic Gunship directly under it.

To be fair, that might not be something the more casual fans making a big deal about it on Twitter would know... :wink:

I love when LEGO does this kind of tease where people will go increase the contrast and gamma of the teaser image. Reminds me of the UCS Millennium Falcon box tease years ago, which was a lot of fun to pick apart. That being said, the Gunship looks enormous. There was a post on Instagram where someone counted the studs on the front of the ship to approximate the dimensions of the whole set. I believe it turned out to be 25 to 27 inches in both width and length, and nine to ten inches high.

25 minutes ago, Roses said:

I love when LEGO does this kind of tease where people will go increase the contrast and gamma of the teaser image. Reminds me of the UCS Millennium Falcon box tease years ago, which was a lot of fun to pick apart. That being said, the Gunship looks enormous. There was a post on Instagram where someone counted the studs on the front of the ship to approximate the dimensions of the whole set. I believe it turned out to be 25 to 27 inches in both width and length, and nine to ten inches high.

i do think this will, sadly, limit it's appeal. I won't be getting it for this very reason as I simply don't have any space that large to display it.   But, I hope it does really well. 

Of course, knowing me, I may still get it and just keep it in the box. This is what I did for the Falcon during their last double VIP-points...:pir_laugh2:

Edited by Prometheus87

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

i do think this will, sadly, limit it's appeal. I won't be getting it for this very reason as I simply don't have any space that large to display it.

True, I am beginning to reach critical mass when it comes to finding space to display more sets in my room, and considering the big sets that are rumored to come out in the next few months, it is becoming hard to justify purchasing something that cannot be displayed properly (in my case, at least. I'm sure most people who get this set will give it a deserving display space). Nevertheless, I also hope it sells well so we can possibly get more Prequel Trilogy UCS sets in the future.

I am also wondering about the side turrets, and I saw Promobricks' confident hint that they are tucked away on the sides, which as much as I trust their information, I can't help but wonder how they both fit inside the rather narrow body of the ship. Hopefully they are fully enclosed as opposed to open at the back like the previous versions of the Gunship.

11 hours ago, Stuartn said:

I would actually like to see orange text on the display stand if such style continued for all PT UCS sets, since there hasn’t been a PT UCS set with a plaque besides General Grievous, as it would be a nice way of differentiating PT UCS sets from OT and ST ( if they ever occur) ones.

Meh, I'd prefer they stay the same. Partially because we've had multiple prequel UCS sets with the plaque, partially because enough people seem to forget all trilogies are still part of the same saga already without further differentiations being made.

gunship looks frickin massive, seems great. Some people are talking about the logo on the boxart, where did you guys see the boxart?

Edited by Mandalorianknight

54 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

gunship looks frickin massive, seems great. Some people are talking about the logo on the boxart, where did you guys see the boxart?

Not seen by us mere mortals - everyone's favourite polarising LEGO YouTuber claimed the Imperial logo was on the box, but a few others have confirmed it's the Republic logo.

Apparently 30,000 people voted for the gunship in the vote. That is not an insignificant number, but it'd be interesting to see how that compares to the Nebulon and TIE Bomber votes.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

14 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Not seen by us mere mortals - everyone's favourite polarising LEGO YouTuber claimed the Imperial logo was on the box, but a few others have confirmed it's the Republic logo.

Apparently 30,000 people voted for the gunship in the vote. That is not an insignificant number, but it'd be interesting to see how that compares to the Nebulon and TIE Bomber votes.

Ah, I knew MandR was trying to stir something up, but I didn't realize other sources were actively shutting that down, that's hilarious.

That's definately a strong number, though again sales will be the real indication. I'm guessing, just based off this forum and social media comments having some real debate, that the nebbie got 20,000-25,000 votes and the tie got >5000. 

The back of the box just leaked. I am not sure where the rumour about something being orange came from, since nothing is improperly (or unusually) coloured. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Looks great! The stand is an interesting one, figs seem good for what they are, and the thing is MASSIVE. Great part usage, I like the eta canopies for the cockpit, and the bubble turrets are nice, as well as the 3x3 round tile with the republic cog. If I didn't build a modded 2013 model, I would consider getting this one.

1 minute ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The back of the box just leaked. I am not sure where the rumour about something being orange came from, since nothing is improperly (or unusually) coloured. 

it's the clone

Unfortunately out of my price range but the build looks great (and it’s huge). Really hoping it well enough to open the door for more non-OT UCS sets in the future.

Wow, that front preview pic didnt look all that to me, but seeing this leaked image on the box its god-damned beautiful

I wasnt really keen on the scale but seeing this thing, i am pretty blown away.   I cant see how I can pass on this beast

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

it's the clone

The Clone appears to be plain white (to me, at least). If it is some shade of orange, it will probably be Bright Light Orange (since that matches the on-screen appearance of P1 Clone Commanders better than LEGO’s yellow does). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman