MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Apparently a "yellow clone" per MandR tweets, which supports the deviation from the red clone mentioned in this thread. Not clear if this is a commander or a pilot...

Tweet also mentions a Thursday reveal with an 8/1 release. Make of that what you will

It's the commander, which is technically Ponds in canon. Ryan said that he has leg printing, so I'm wondering if his print will be like the lieutenant in the 2015 hailfire droid orĀ in the 2020 style...

11 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

So I'm assuming that it is the accent color. That would certainly be a departure from the films, but nothing too terrible. Better than some random dirt stains.

So far everything that's been (cheekily) hinted at seems quite reasonable. I hope the troop cabin is at least open-floor, that way I can stuff it full of >insert regiment here<

I'm guessing it replaces the yellow on the gunship? I don't even know that it would rate cryptic comments but it's the only thing that makes sense to me.Ā 

10 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

While I agree the community is not "overwhelminglyĀ prequel fans" you can't deny that things like Mandr's influeceneĀ and support lends credence to the theory that a majority of LSW fans are younger and prefer the prequel setsĀ more. That's not to say they will buy the set and sure they might have voted with the aim of supporting the prequels but you don't know that for a fact just the same way nobody knows who really won the set vote. Just cause a few people in this thread voted with no intention of purchasing doesn't mean that all the people who voted for a different first-choice set would buy that one.Ā Also the simple fact that certain fans in specific areas can't/couldn't get prequel/CW sets that they wanted (AATĀ for me) shows the demand is there even of the vote was lampooned by prequel fans.

These are good points, but you also need to consider that the majority of active LSW fans on the internet doesn't correlate to overall LSW fans. Most fans are either kids in the 6-12 range the system sets are meant for, or older adults that only buy UCS sets, and neither are particularly active on the internet, as noted by the fact that if UCS sales were solely from members on the star wars part of this forum, the line would have ended almost immediately, and most kids don't have social media accounts.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If youā€˜re referring to that ā€žleakā€œ, that was just a prankĀ :wink:Ā Or has that really been confirmed somewhere?

People need to realise that voting for a thing online is not the same thing as actually buying said thing. No offense, as ridiculous as the 90% claim is, even if that was the case, it wouldnā€™t guarantee great sales figures.Ā Just look at the Bionicle Ideas project: it got the initial votes, but fell throughĀ the Bricklink Designer Program due to a lack of support.Ā 

Some people really just show upĀ for the memes and nothing elseĀ :shrug_oh_well:

Exactly. Though the jar jar thing refers to MandR telling his fans to write-in jar jar for a brickheadz vote that happened awhile ago. (also, there was a bionicle set in the designer program? I would have bought it, had I known about it.)

7 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

This is a valid point, and I think the gunship could be a good litmus test for this. Assuming that kids were between 8 and 13 when the first season of TCW came out, that would put them between 21 and 26 today, which is about the time when people start to have some income to spend on these things (I fall squarely into this bracket, and I imagine a few others do here as well). Arguably the better test would be to have something around the $200 mark, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

There's also a bit of a blurred line between prequel and TCW preferences. I definitely lean more toward the prequel era as a whole, but whenever we discuss this prequels vs OT question I feel like it mainly concerns more CIS/Grand Army sets (that certainly seems to be what certain vocal minorities on the internet want, in any case).

Yah, myself andĀ many of my friends fall into this boat which why I'm pretty confident when I say prequel UCS will sell well cause we all have jobs/college and have the buying power to do so. I would prefer more wholistic prequel content then just TCW but I'd also like to see some characters that were in TCW like, Cham, Saw, or one of the many clones we never got.Ā 

Edit: Does anyone know if Mandr is a trusted leak. I know he's got stuff right in the past but in his tweet he says the imperial logo is on the box and that the clone is yellow but I thought we already confirmed a red clone from someone else. I think it would be a really really idiotic decision to put the wrong logo on the box and so I don't believe him fro that reason.Ā 

Edited by kidtheboss611

18 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Edit: Does anyone know if Mandr is a trusted leak. I know he's got stuff right in the past but in his tweet he says the imperial logo is on the box and that the clone is yellow but I thought we already confirmed a red clone from someone else. I think it would be a really really idiotic decision to put the wrong logo on the box and so I don't believe him fro that reason.Ā 

Trusted, no. He's had information occasionally but he's also made stuff up in the past. And he's probably less likely to have info now than he was before, since he got fired from being a LEGO ambassador a couple months ago.

37 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Yah, myself andĀ many of my friends fall into this boat which why I'm pretty confident when I say prequel UCS will sell well cause we all have jobs/college and have the buying power to do so. I would prefer more wholistic prequel content then just TCW but I'd also like to see some characters that were in TCW like, Cham, Saw, or one of the many clones we never got.Ā 

I believe it to be 100% true. Based on his stream from last night, it sounded like one of his friends showed him an early review copy.Ā 

Edited by avengers777

44 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

You haveĀ money in college?! I was completely skintĀ :laugh:

I wonder if he means the Republic crest. It's pretty similar to the Imperial logo, and if it's only a blurry pic then they could easily get confused for one another.

It did cross my mind that the orange would be related to a minifigure, but I can't imagine people getting their mard on if orange was swapped out on the yellow clone (which is a commander if memory serves me correctly). Then again...

50 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

(also, there was a bionicle set in the designer program? I would have bought it, had I known about it.)

Kind of - it was a system set depicting miniature scenes from Mata Nui. In all honesty it didn't look especially spectacular to me.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

A Thursday reveal? That's sooner than I expected, considering we just got the T2 press release. Exciting times, I just hope the model justifies the price. Really curious as to how the bubble turrets are built.

14 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I wonder if he means the Republic crest. It's pretty similar to the Imperial logo, and if it's only a blurry pic then they could easily get confused for one another.

Or itā€™s yet another sad attempt at stirring up a nonsensical controversyĀ :tongue:

6 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Really curious as to how the bubble turrets are built.

My money is on the Jurassic World gyrosphere piecesĀ :classic:

2 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

It did cross my mind that the orange would be related to a minifigure, but I can't imagine people getting their mard on if orange was swapped out on the yellow clone (which is a commander if memory serves me correctly). Then again...

Kind of - it was a system set depicting miniature scenes from Mata Nui. In all honesty it didn't look especially spectacular to me.

Yeah, no one has money in collage.

I do think he means the republic crest, but even if it's the imperial one, it's not a big deal, it's boxart. If the orange is an orange commander, that's odd. Maybe orange refers to the helm paint of a pilot?

Bummer, the bionicle set wasn't even a bionicle? :(

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Or itā€™s yet another sad attempt at stirring up a nonsensical controversyĀ :tongue:

Worse than the obi-robes thing. OH NO, THE BOXART HAS A SMALL INNACURACCY! LEGO IS CLEARLY TRYING TO MURDER ALL OF US!

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

My money is on the Jurassic World gyrosphere piecesĀ :classic:

New mold! Jk, probably not. Wonder if they do go that route, will it be 2 halves or a hemisphere, with a back built portion similar to the system scale versions of the gunship, since they are fully enclosed in-universe. I would think the latter, but excited to see either way

Edit: Given how those pieces are, they seem perfect with both halves in a new print and internal build. I assumed incorrectly how those pieces work in the above paragraph.Ā 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly
Wording

Ngl I was kind of excited for another Clone Captain because it would be an easy conversion to make Fordo, but a proper Clone pilot wouldn't be bad.Ā 

Although primarily a OT fan, I'm eagerly awaiting the first images of the new UCS Gunship.Ā  If it's done well it could be an incredible display piece; it does seem a bit odd that they aren't including more minifigures though!Ā  I haven't purchased anything for a while as I've got to a point where I'm rapidly running out of space but I might be tempted to buy it as soon as it's available.

I've often wondered if the result of the poll would have been different if it had actually been done as a pre-order based on provisional designs (i.e. anyone who'd voted would have committed to purchasing it if that had gained the most votes).Ā  There's a lot of older fans in their 40-50s with a decent amount of disposable income (myself included) and I can see why TLG have tended to be a little cautious and focused on what they perceive that market wants.Ā  However, I can appreciate that many PT fans are now in their mid 20's and that could become an significant factor in terms of the future sales.Ā  Hopefully TLG will release a Nebulon B in the next few years - and everyone will be happy :classic:

3 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Since college was online I got a job andĀ the majority of my purchases are Tech/Lego plusĀ I don't pay rent so I'm pretty lucky that way. However in general more younger people in high school and college have jobs nowadays just to get more pocket money which is why I think more people my age are spending more.Ā 

Mace Windu & a Yellow Clone

"If what you say is true,Ā then you will have gained my trust. "

I've been saying it since day one: Pilot, Yoda, Private or Pilot, Mace, Commander was the only way to go.

And if we had to sacrifice the pilot for Ponds, I can live with that. Or maybe Ponds for the pilot, but where's the fun in that?Ā :tongue:

9 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Didn't it also come in the Republic Attack Shuttle in the CW Clone Pilot variant?Ā 

Yes. I forgot about that one. The AC is technically a variant as well, with an all-black head (for some reason...)

I still say orange will replace the traditional maroon. It's literally the only way they can screw up color-wise. I don't see them doing dirt stains.

Orange triangles (rather than yellow) on the sides of the ship? Orange display plaque? Orange technic display stand? Orange box art (instead of black) for Geonosis?

There are plenty of possibilities. I donā€™t believe Lego would switch the primary accent color from dark red to orange. If they do, the response would be legitimate & not another bingo card item.

10 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Orange triangles (rather than yellow) on the sides of the ship? Orange display plaque? Orange technic display stand? Orange box art (instead of black) for Geonosis?

An orange display plaque, while a departure from the norm, could be an interesting way of indicating the Geonosis connection. Or perhaps some orange (or dark orange) pieces around a black plaque in the style of the Probe Droid.

Once again this thread has devolved into mindless speculation but glad that the reveal for this one is on the horizon. I donā€™t really care about whatā€™s orange since Iā€™m in this one for the build... ready to laugh if and when nothing is orange. OrangeĀ display plaque would be incredibly disappointing, because like The Last Jedi it would throw every bit of consistency out of the window. If the ship is orange instead of red thatā€™s the biggest mistake ever and I wonā€™t be buying.

The Darth Vader Meditation is available on Walmart saying it arrives in 2 days. Is it worth trying to get now, hoping the same thing happens that happened with the Bad Batch Shuttle?

3 hours ago, autolycus said:

Oh come on everybody! The brick separator is going to be orange!

I think youā€™re spot on, however I could see some dark orange terrain around the display stand like the Probe Droid, and I think that would enhance the build when displayed.

I would actually like to see orange text on the display stand if such style continued for all PT UCS sets, since there hasnā€™t been a PT UCS set with a plaque besides General Grievous, as it would be a nice way of differentiating PT UCS sets from OT and ST ( if they ever occur) ones.

Edited by Stuartn

8 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

I would actually like to see orange text on the display stand if such style continued for all PT UCS sets, since there hasnā€™t been a PT UCS set with a plaque besides General Grievous, as it would be a nice way of differentiating PT UCS sets from OT and ST ( if they ever occur) ones.

I think youā€™re forgetting about 10215 Obi-Wanā€™s Jedi Starfighter.

3 minutes ago, SmartieZ said:

I think youā€™re forgetting about 10215 Obi-Wanā€™s Jedi Starfighter.

Ah yes, my bad.Ā I admit I didĀ forget about that one, though it is only one extra set from a while ago now, but i concedeĀ it would rightly affect my consistency argument

Edited by Stuartn

49 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

Ah yes, my bad.Ā I admit I didĀ forget about that one, though it is only one extra set from a while ago now, but i concedeĀ it would rightly affect my consistency argument

No worries. Personally Iā€™d rather the plaques just continue with how they have been so far. Iā€™m not a huge fan of the probe droidā€™s stand, it stands out too much from the othersĀ in my opinion.Ā 

When I heard orange I assumed it mean the new one of these guys

sw0481.png

Would use flame yellowish orange rather than bright yellow.