MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They did, I think the other guy just forgot.

Yah I forgot. I was more talking in the vain of UCS rather than random playsets. 

From some pictures it looks like Mando’s helmet has been updated with a visor print that goes a bit higher. Has anyone else seen this? It’s on lego_club_news page on Instagram. Looks a lot better in my opinion. 

I've looked at a couple of pictures of the Christmas Mando figure now, and can't quite decide if I think the leg printing is new or not.  The Razor Crest version was the durasteel print on the legs, whilst the Tatooine figure was essentially season 2 Mando (one leg Beskar and the other leg a panel from the Zero droid).  The right leg on this Christmas Mando looks a little like it might incorporate the season 1 Beskar and durasteel mix that was on Mando's right thigh after he got his initial Beskar upgrade.  Either that, or some folks are suggesting that right leg is partly covered in snow.  I can't quite tell.

21 hours ago, scottypavarotti said:

I've looked at a couple of pictures of the Christmas Mando figure now, and can't quite decide if I think the leg printing is new or not.  The Razor Crest version was the durasteel print on the legs, whilst the Tatooine figure was essentially season 2 Mando (one leg Beskar and the other leg a panel from the Zero droid).  The right leg on this Christmas Mando looks a little like it might incorporate the season 1 Beskar and durasteel mix that was on Mando's right thigh after he got his initial Beskar upgrade.  Either that, or some folks are suggesting that right leg is partly covered in snow.  I can't quite tell.

Only the torso is new.

What is a better buy? Bad Batch Shuttle (£90) + Mandalorian Star Fighter (£50) or the Imperial Light Cruiser (£150).

I really wanted to like the Imperial Cruiser, but the size of the bridge and the tower below the bridge really throw me off, it would need a lot of modifications, to look either like a 546 or an Arquitens.

After watching build videos of the Bad Batch Shuttle, it looks like it could be modded to fit 5 figures by removing that storage compartment, you'd end up with an extra 2x4 space.

2 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

What is a better buy? Bad Batch Shuttle (£90) + Mandalorian Star Fighter (£50) or the Imperial Light Cruiser (£150).

I really wanted to like the Imperial Cruiser, but the size of the bridge and the tower below the bridge really throw me off, it would need a lot of modifications, to look either like a 546 or an Arquitens.

After watching build videos of the Bad Batch Shuttle, it looks like it could be modded to fit 5 figures by removing that storage compartment, you'd end up with an extra 2x4 space.

depends on what you want and like ;)

Builds:

BB shuttle for sure is easier to modify than the bigger set. Next to the additional seat I think you could also creat a small bunk bed for Omega. It's also something relatively unique while you will see other and better Star Destroyers (I think the FO SD was excellent).

I cann't be too tough on the designers of the Moff Gideon ship because it's just hard to do this thing. The easiest way to make it look good would be to remove all interior and make it thinner. The best way to create more interior is to make it even bulkier.

But it's still not a very good deal in the end. Moff Gideon is not that special - I expected at least a more expressive head print for that certain actor. I'm happy existing pieces making the characters myself. There's excellent costums available from other companies.

The excellent Fennic fig we'll see hopefully in other sets (hopefully also with helmet and arm printing!) Other than this you get one dark trooper (were not so meaningful) and a also not very well accurate Cara Dune.

With the BB shuttle on the other hand you get 5 very diverse and detailed figs (though not perfect) who also have meaning in the story.

Quick Question: Does the double VIP points promotion apply to a pre-order for August 1st. I cancelled my Walmart order for the BB shuttle cause obviously they fixed there error but I still want the set so I was wondering if i could take advantage of the double points. Anybody know if it applies?

8 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Quick Question: Does the double VIP points promotion apply to a pre-order for August 1st. I cancelled my Walmart order for the BB shuttle cause obviously they fixed there error but I still want the set so I was wondering if i could take advantage of the double points. Anybody know if it applies?

Double VIP points does apply to pre-orders. So if you order the Bad Batch shuttle now you'll get x2 points. I did that with the Razor Crest.

Is the double points offer for online purchases only? I've been at the Lego store today, but after checking my VIP account at home I've got just 1x points. Has anybody a similar experience?

Time to dust this off:

Here is a handy-dandy checklist for you to craft your complaints about a certain D2C set coming soon to your orbit! Or, use it to make your own BINGO card and play along at home when the salt starts flowing!

[  ] THREE HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS?!? This is a complete and utter shock that we had NO WARNING about despite the last six months of rumormongering! This set should have been {insert your own absurdly low and completely unrealistic number here!}.

[  ] IT’S WAAAAAY TOO BIG!!! This isn’t to scale with all of the other UCS sets I didn’t buy! I specifically ASKED FOR and thus was totally ENTITLED TO EXPECT that it was going to be minifig scale! Besides, Mandy promised!

[  ] ONLY 3,292 PIECES?!? This other, non-licensed set that came out five years ago had WAY MORE pieces at the same price. All parts are CLEARLY created equal, inflation DOES NOT EXIST in my imaginary head-canon, and thus... this is a complete ripoff!

…and a variation if you want to parlay your complaints about PPP into an indictment of Disney, the sequels, etc.:

[  ] DISNEY TAX STRIKES AGAIN! Disney HATES THE PREQUELS and clearly did this so the set wouldn’t sell! I blame Kathy Kennedy! 

[  ] ONLY TWO MINIFIGS?!? This is a TROOP TRANSPORT!! What good is a troop transport without any troops to transport? I expected AT LEAST two dozen clones because some other $350 set had that many minifigs!

[  ] THAT'S NOT THE CLONE I WANTED! Why isn't my own personal pet clone variant the one they selected? Why ask me which figs I wanted if you're not going to tailor this set specifically and exclusively to my wishes?!?

[  ] TOO MANY STUDS!!!  I found this all-SNOT MOC with 10,000 pieces — that looks like it would collapse if you sneezed at it — and it had NO STUDS so it is clearly better! LEGO designers can’t design for $#!T!

[  ] NOT ENOUGH STUDS!!! This other MOC I found had way MORE studs and is clearly better! LEGO designers can’t design for $#!T!

[  ] I CAN’T BELIEVE LEGO repeated this same, barely-noticeable mistake from the last System Gunship on the UCS version. Am I the only one who pays attention to these details?! (Yes. Yes, you are.)

[  ] I CAN’T BELIEVE LEGO didn’t print thirty different unique-to-this-set tiles, and instead expects me to APPLY STICKERS to a UCS SET! For a set this expensive, would printed tiles really have been so hard? (Yes, Yes it would.)

[  ] ORANGE?!? Wait... ORANGE?!? Who the hell asked for ORANGE?!?

5 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

care to elaborate?

11 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Time to dust this off:

Here is a handy-dandy checklist for you to craft your complaints about a certain D2C set coming soon to your orbit! Or, use it to make your own BINGO card and play along at home when the salt starts flowing!

I assume the "Free" space on the BINGO card is something about P2 Commander Cody?

5 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I assume the "Free" space on the BINGO card is something about P2 Commander Cody?

Remove a chip every time someone mentions Cody. (Just to keep it interesting... otherwise we'd all BINGO within an hour.)

31 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Time to dust this off:

[  ] THREE HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS?!? This is a complete and utter shock that we had NO WARNING about despite the last six months of rumormongering! This set should have been {insert your own absurdly low and completely unrealistic number here!}.

[...]

This is amazing. No doubt this will go unseen by some in the community but appreciated nevertheless. 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

22 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Remove a chip every time someone mentions Cody. (Just to keep it interesting... otherwise we'd all BINGO within an hour.)

You absolute buffoon, I'll never bingo now!

Nice card, can we title it "Wait, this isn't a $350 clone battlepack?"

I swear, this set is going to end up selling poorly because half the votes seem to be from people with either unrealistic expectations, as we've seen from comments on this forum, or from people who voted for it but never intended to buy it, as we've also seen on this forum.

37 minutes ago, AIex said:

care to elaborate?

Yeah, what the megablok is up with that? Maybe he's talking about the accents, or maybe it's just a joke.

2 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

What was the instagram story? 

He just posted what sounded like a sound clip from AOTC of the gunship on Geonosis with the words "Can't Wait."

Edited by NoOneOfImportance
Grammar

Oooooh, very excited for the reveal. For what I assume will be 450CAD, I hope it will be massive. No idea what is meant by orange. Perhaps some geonosian dirt to add details? Might be nothing.

There are quite a few D2Cs coming out in August - the T2 van, the Queer Eye apartment, I think, and the Gunship. I wonder which one will be revealed first. If TLG does one reveal per week to space them out, I would assume one of them is imminent, but without any teasers, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

When i heard orange gunship i remembered how HASBRO released a republic gunship toy when i was a kid for revenge of the sith and instead of red details it had yellow so i pressume it would look like 212th battalion gunship mocs which would look amazing next to Ahsokas clones from AAT. I know wishing is against the rules, but if LEGO released those clones in a battle pack or mixed 2 of them with 2 mauls mandalorians, it would definitely increase the sales of the gunship no matter which figures come with it.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Time to dust this off:

Thanks for the reminder :laugh_hard: Randomly selecting a picture on IG and checking its comment section 2 minutes after the reveal should be enough to fill in the card :head_back:

Time to get the popcorn ready

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

There are quite a few D2Cs coming out in August - the T2 van, the Queer Eye apartment, I think, and the Gunship. 

There's also the Nintendo D2C set, but that one may just as well be a September release for all we know :shrug_oh_well:

I really just want it to look good. I don’t care much about the figs if it’s a really really pretty set.

I’m definitely in the “no studs” camp :laugh: but if it does have a lot of exposed studs and it still looks good I won’t give y’all too many bingo slots. Still iffy about this one, might wait for the AT AT instead. 

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Time to dust this off:

*snip*

I love how versatile this bingo card is - doesn't take many changes to make it suit any big LEGO reveal. :laugh: I, for one, am extremely excited they've gone with a Geonosian camo paint job à la 75089.

In all seriousness I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does get revealed soon, I wasn't expecting it until the end of summer. I guess I need to make space for it sooner rather than later...

47 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

if LEGO released those clones in a battle pack or mixed 2 of them with 2 mauls mandalorians, it would definitely increase the sales of the gunship no matter which figures come with it.

I highly doubt this, at all. The overlap of UCS sets and battle packs is pretty low, as you have to remember a lot of adults only get the UCS sets, not the system ones. That said, I could see some people getting p1 shinies or 212th p2 troopers to fill it, since they're the ones shown in them in the films. 332nd troopers would be some of the least likely ones people would choose to fill a gunship. 

The majority of UCS owners I know have little to no interest in figures. Other than UCS sets they buy like technic cars and stuff. Not to say this is anyone out there but just the people in this certain thread are not the majority.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I swear, this set is going to end up selling poorly because half the votes seem to be from people with either unrealistic expectations, as we've seen from comments on this forum, or from people who voted for it but never intended to buy it, as we've also seen on this forum.

UCS sets so far had a certain style (the build, not many figures, little focus on interior). This set so far sounds like it will not adapt. Let's see if the prequel people (mostly younger I assume because for many older generations the prequels didn't matter much) are actually a market for this kind of set anyway.

I don't think TLG would have done their homework right if they don't give in to some things (at least the inclusion of some figs doesn't push the cost compared to creating a new mold for a certain Clone). But still people voted for an UCS set and this is likely what they will get. If you want the brickvault moc and figures; go to bricklink and costume figure sites. Maybe this set will just be a defeat for prequel fans in any case if it doesn't sell well despite a survey that may have been rigged due to trolls or internet overpresentation.

I'd find this sad because while not liking the movies, I do admire the designs. There's so many great designs compared to the sequels -> I can only think of the Ressistance Bomber and Kylos ship as original designs. Other sets were like punk versions of existing vehicles (not saying they looked bad; I really liked them just it was missing prequel level new designs.