MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

As a brit who went to live in Oz briefly in 2012.  I felt like I was getting ripped off constantly on everything and never ever acclimatised to it.   it was around $2 to £1 at the time so in my head I'm thinking, this can of drink would cost me £1 back home, so it must be around $2 right?? WRONG, $4 idiot now cough up.  It was like this all the time.   I suppose its not so bad if you grow up there but knowing what things should cost back home to what I was being charged honestly made me annoyed every single day, probably way more than it should have  :pir-laugh:

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

With most countries, I tend to think it all balances out between taxes, discounts, region exclusives, etc...but yeah Australia/New Zealand has it worst by far, mostly due to that "shipping to such an isolated location compared to the rest of the market" (I think Australia has a factory, but there's no way it produces enough for the whole country.)

Plus, you guys have to read the instructions upside-down! :laugh:

We Aussies like to complain but the reality is we actually don’t have it that bad. For me at least my complaints are usually just salt bubbling over after seeing ignorant Americans say things like “$40 for an AT-ST? Awesome!” everywhere online and knowing that I’ll never find that same AT-ST for less than $80. We don’t have a factory, (AFAIK the only LEGO factories are in Denmark, Mexico and China) we have a shipping warehouse that only opened in 2018. 

Upside down manuals are least of our worries when venomous red-backed blue-bottle snakesharks are hiding in the pages waiting to kill us with barbecued “shrimp” :laugh::laugh_hard::ugh:

Edit: maybe I should’ve read that article better before posting since the point of it seems to be that the data is wrong... and from anecdotal travel experience yeah it is wrong ahahaha. This conversation has been had countless times though... not specifically regarding Australia either. LEGO prices in mysterious ways, most countries around the world probably pay the same for any given set but that’s not to say there aren’t exceptions because there absolutely are. Australia doesn’t have it that bad on the RRP side for most sets once tax and shipping is factored in but we don’t get discounts beyond 20% and stock is sparse so it feels like we do have it bad.

Edited by Brikkyy13

Man I just want any information about the Gunship because not knowing whether you need to save 350 dollars when you're in high school is tough *huh* After the Slave One and given that there's been nothing heard about them since, I have to wonder if the minifigs were incorrect. It's pretty hard to mistake Windu and Fordo (I know it's not ACTUALLY him but come on :laugh:) but there's still hope I guess. 

BB just keeps dropping incredible episodes and each episode just gives me more set ideas and theories so here they are.

Spoiler

Imperial Turbo Tank with Captain Ballast, Injured Crosshair, Young Hera, Cham, 2 P2 clones, and imperial officer

Speeder/Blurrg Chase with 2 P2 clones, Cham, Young Hera, and a freedom fighter

Imperial Gunship with 2 P2 Clones, Injured Crosshair, the imp officer, Captain Ballast

This a long shot but it would be cool to finally get a fig for Orn Free Taa considering he's been in so much stuff: all three Prequels, bunch of CW eps, and BB.

2 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

BB just keeps dropping incredible episodes and each episode just gives me more set ideas and theories so here they are.

Reveal hidden contents

Imperial Turbo Tank with Captain Ballast, Injured Crosshair, Young Hera, Cham, 2 P2 clones, and imperial officer

Speeder/Blurrg Chase with 2 P2 clones, Cham, Young Hera, and a freedom fighter

Imperial Gunship with 2 P2 Clones, Injured Crosshair, the imp officer, Captain Ballast

This a long shot but it would be cool to finally get a fig for Orn Free Taa considering he's been in so much stuff: all three Prequels, bunch of CW eps, and BB.

Spoiler

It really was a great episode! 
However, where did you get the name 'Ballast'? I thought he was addressed as 'Howzer', or was that another?
Out of your ideas, the speeder/Blurgg chase sounds the most probable, but the others are definitely great as well :thumbup: 

Potential gunship info at San Diego Comic Con (At-Home)? They have revealed sets in the past at the event. Plus it is scheduled from July 23-25, which fits the "mid-Summer" advertised more news concerning this set. Just a thought, I have nothing confirmed on this beyond my own excitement and speculation. 

54 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

Official images of the advent calendar are up on Instagram

Unless either baby Yoda and the float-pram OR the two "target" things are in separate days, I count 23 individual builds.

The targets for the E-Web are pretty cool. Solid advent calendar builds but the figures aren’t my cup of tea this time around, would’ve liked some ugly sweaters again or maybe a return to Santa figures, more than just a scarf printed on would’ve been nice.

I guess my hopes that there were more advent calendar figs that weren't on the box were not to be. A shame.

8 hours ago, CF Mitch said:
  Hide contents

However, where did you get the name 'Ballast'? I thought he was addressed as 'Howzer', or was that another?

Spoiler

The Hasbro figures call that character 'Captain Ballast', so I was surprised to hear him called Howzer in the episode. Either there's another clone wearing identical armor or somebody screwed up there.

Why don’t they make a microbuild of a blurggg and a christmas Kuiil. They have an ugnaught mold, right? Could have made him a christmas elf

35 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The targets for the E-Web are pretty cool. Solid advent calendar builds but the figures aren’t my cup of tea this time around, would’ve liked some ugly sweaters again or maybe a return to Santa figures, more than just a scarf printed on would’ve been nice.

This may actually be one of my favorites. Some people like the santa figures, some people like the ones that are usable in "normal" star wars settings, this one's both. It's festive, but it can also work as just a new torso for more mandalorians.

1 hour ago, Per_SW said:

Unless either baby Yoda and the float-pram OR the two "target" things are in separate days, I count 23 individual builds.

Baby yoda and the pram are separate.

Anyone identified all the builds? So far I've got:

1. Razor Crest 2. ????  3. E-web  4. tusken weapon rack  5. imperial weapon rack  6. luke's x-wing  7. ???  8. stormtrooper  9. E-web targets  10. Tusken Raider  11. Tusken Ballistae  12. scout trooper  13. ???  14. Scarf Mando  15. Tie Fighter  16. hoth speeder bike  17. astro sled  18. Arquitens  19. Slave One  20. Interrogator droid  21. IG-11  22. weapon rack  23. baby yoda  24. Hover Pram.

8 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The Hasbro figures call that character 'Captain Ballast', so I was surprised to hear him called Howzer in the episode. Either there's another clone wearing identical armor or somebody screwed up there.

Spoiler

Oh, huh... That does sound like quite a screw up :look:
He would be a cool character to have, though :thumbup: 

The Advent Calendar seems great, I might get one again, after having skipped, the past years.

Regards,
Mitch

8 hours ago, CF Mitch said:
  Hide contents

Out of your ideas, the speeder/Blurgg chase sounds the most probable, but the others are definitely great as well :thumbup: 

Spoiler

I got the name from the toy box leaks from hasbro a couple of weeks ago. I guess Hasbro got it wrong on the box cause that's what wookiepeida had last night and pre episode but now it says howzer.

5 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Potential gunship info at San Diego Comic Con (At-Home)? They have revealed sets in the past at the event. Plus it is scheduled from July 23-25, which fits the "mid-Summer" advertised more news concerning this set. Just a thought, I have nothing confirmed on this beyond my own excitement and speculation. 

I feel like this is unlikely cause they always release an exclusive set at SDCC and if I remember correctly TLG haven't ever revealed a non-exclusive at SDCC. I think they're gonna continue this terrible trend of letting their LAN members/mouthpieces reveal the sets after they do their little tweet or Insta post. 

14 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I got the name from the toy box leaks from hasbro a couple of weeks ago. I guess Hasbro got it wrong on the box cause that's what wookiepeida had last night and pre episode but now it says howzer.

I feel like this is unlikely cause they always release an exclusive set at SDCC and if I remember correctly TLG haven't ever revealed a non-exclusive at SDCC. I think they're gonna continue this terrible trend of letting their LAN members/mouthpieces reveal the sets after they do their little tweet or Insta post. 

Aw bummer...I thought they revealed Obi Wans hut in 2019 and maybe the landspeeder as well? 

I guess thinking it over, that would not make sense, since LEGO members voted for it, revealing it at SDCC doesn't make sense, but then again we also had LEGO Con...

The obvious time was Lego Con. Wouldn't be surprised if it just gets dropped August 1 and we all end up scrambling :wacko: given how big a mess their website is and how internet-breaking the gunship has the potential to be, this set should have been a pre-order starting at LegoCon. I just want a grainy picture at least. SOMETHING. LET ME MAKE A DECISION. 

Edited by hondohnaka

Pre-order would be great! Reduce the mad-dash...this will 100% break the site. 

Unless it looks absolutely atrocious, I'll be picking it up, but some images or even a teaser would be nice...

I think it's a successful s1 Mando calendar but just to me it's not very interesting. Others had at least many diverse figs and maybe one very interesting figure. This time it's just 2 prints on baby Yodas and Mandos torso pieces.

A more elaborate print or even a printed helmet, a new face and some other figure would have been more interesting.

I get that they couldn't include a Cara Dune figure with a MAGA hat :pir-grin:
...but as I have gotten the Razor Crest and the tatoine set not even the side figures are interesting.

looking forward to that scout trooper minifig dropping in price, at least I hope so 

1 hour ago, AIex said:

looking forward to that scout trooper minifig dropping in price, at least I hope so 

It should, for sure.  The Cloud Car pilot is like a $3-4 figure despite only being available in a $350 set and the Advent Calendar.  The Scout Trooper might end up even a little bit cheaper, since it's already available in two sets (technically it's a separate figure, but they look more or less the same) and both are somewhat affordable, or at least cheaper than Cloud City was.

59 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

It should, for sure.  The Cloud Car pilot is like a $3-4 figure despite only being available in a $350 set and the Advent Calendar.  The Scout Trooper might end up even a little bit cheaper, since it's already available in two sets (technically it's a separate figure, but they look more or less the same) and both are somewhat affordable, or at least cheaper than Cloud City was.

The difference is that people don't collect Cloud Car Pilots en masse, to build armies with. (Well, someone might... but I'd wager they're the exception to the rule). Whereas collectors do scarf up boatloads of Biker Scouts to use in the Emperor's Arrival and Ewok Battle from Return of the Jedi, not to mention their appearances in Mando, Fallen Order, etc. And, there are people who just love collecting hundreds of Imperial troops, to line up in a grid... go figure.

The Advent will help lower its resale value, but it will take a battle pack or similarly cheap/desirable set, for it to hit the $3-4 point.

If you were pining for a Riot Mar's Starship, this advent calendar might be your only chance :grin:

I was upset with myself for not recognizing one minibuild until I saw what it was.

This overall looks real good. More than a few boring builds, but still good overall.

Edited by Utinni Utinni

16 hours ago, CF Mitch said:
  Hide contents

Merch leaks, though I guess inaccurate ones.

8 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Aw bummer...I thought they revealed Obi Wans hut in 2019 and maybe the landspeeder as well? 

I guess thinking it over, that would not make sense, since LEGO members voted for it, revealing it at SDCC doesn't make sense, but then again we also had LEGO Con...

They did, I think the other guy just forgot.

7 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Pre-order would be great! Reduce the mad-dash...this will 100% break the site. 

Unless it looks absolutely atrocious, I'll be picking it up, but some images or even a teaser would be nice...

The only thing to break the site was legocon, and that's just because they tried streaming. If the mando bp, 501st bp, UCS falcon, and other sets much more anticipated didn't break the site, the gunship won't.

49 minutes ago, Utinni Utinni said:

If you were pining for a Riot Mar's Starship, this advent calendar might be your only chance :grin:

I was upset with myself for not recognizing one minibuild until I saw what it was.

This overall looks real good. More than a few boring builds, but still good overall.

So that's what it was! Still not sure what the teal speeder or the other thing is. 

It is a great calander, probably the only one I'll buy the intended year. Nice figs, good parts, and a surprising number of minifigure scale builds as well.

57 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So that's what it was! Still not sure what the teal speeder or the other thing is. 

I originally thought the teal speeder was the one from The Mandalorian episode 1 that picks up Mando, but it's not. Maybe a blue version of Luke's ... oh, just remembered and confirmed. It's the Mythrol's landspeeder in The Siege episode in S.2. 

#13 from your list is from that same episode. The troop transport we are getting a big set of soon.