MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

That looks really good. Much larger than I thought it would be. More of this please LEGO!

Not a fan of that technic construction in the front. But overall a decent set with two great exclusive minifigures!

40 minutes ago, MaceWindu said:

Not a fan of that technic construction in the front. But overall a decent set with two great exclusive minifigures!

And that would probably be pretty easy to smooth off with some tiles and 1L pins with the stud on the end. This is honestly a way more well-designed set than I thought. 

I’m actually pretty impressed by how the Forge turned out. I wasn’t expecting much, but this seems like a neat little playset. I like the Mythosaur sticker above the doorway and, honestly, the only thing that bugs me about the figures is the lack of a cape or collar on The Armorer. I think using the same helmet as Gar Saxon was a smart, cost effective move tbh. 

Now that we’ve seen all of the rumored Mandalorian sets, I think Lego has done a fantastic job with sets based off that series. Other than Trouble on Tatooine, all of the builds in this line have turned out to be pretty solid in my opinion. So far, I don’t feel like there’s been any Mando sets where you’re just buying for the figures and getting a lackluster build, which definitely helps me justify my decision to own every Mandalorian set (which I’ve achieved up to this point.)

It’s crazy to think this wave is less than a month away after being hyped for it since that rumor list came out what feels like ages ago. I’m a bit more excited for the Marvel stuff though, even though I feel like these new Star Wars sets are technically better. Maybe it’s just because I’ve kinda gotten burnt out on Star Wars and have been loving Marvel recently.

Pleasantly surprised with the forge build. If i am being honest i would have bought it no matter what for Paz figure, but i am glad it actually looks good. Not the biggest fan of armorers helmet though.
Lego should have showed this set during LEGO con a week ago... 

9 hours ago, Bricktastrophe said:

It's getting real hard to stomach the inflated prices here, knowing that a 20% discount here still comes out more expensive than the RRP most other places. The Arquitens is listed for $269.99 AUD, and $159.99 USD; even on a good exchange rate the Australian price is still $50.00 and 27% more than the USD price. The Slave 1 is a little better; the US price is 20% less than the Australian price ($49.99 USD, apx. $66 AUD vs. $79.99 AUD). Its pretty confusing when generally speaking the prices are consistent across the US, UK and Europe; demand for lego in Australia and New Zealand has always been high which means Lego should be able to ship in large volumes, confident they will move their product.

While I share the frustration I am relieved that aside from the Mandalore Duel there are no obscene price hikes for this wave, The Artiquens price is the same as the FO star destroyer from 2018 and while there are a few less pieces the Artiquens is bigger and has larger  pieces, though the exchange rate is still wrong. I am looking forward to seeing the prices at different retailers which are generally lower than Lego Shop, I am hoping the Artiquens will reduce to about $229 (when compared with the AT AT which was also between $40-$50 less) while the slave 1 will reduce to $75 and the Maruader to about $55, which at a 20% of sale might get down to $44

3 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

And that would probably be pretty easy to smooth off with some tiles and 1L pins with the stud on the end. This is honestly a way more well-designed set than I thought. 

covert2.jpg

Maybe like this?

I do like the set, even if the armorer's helmet is a bit odd.

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

covert2.jpg

Maybe like this?

I do like the set, even if the armorer's helmet is a bit odd.

Much more thought put into it then I put into mine lmao. That looks great, probably would have raised the price somewhat significantly tho. 

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Much more thought put into it then I put into mine lmao. That looks great, probably would have raised the price somewhat significantly tho. 

Thanks! Ironically it was only one more part than the actual set. I made this as part of a Mandalorian wave earlier this year.

50 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

Do my eyes deceive me or is that another Mando helmet to the right of the entrance? Maybe unprinted?

It looked like the geode piece they use in the city sets, though contextually an unprinted helmet makes more sense than a random lump of beskar, especially since they only seem to receive it in bars in the show.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

16 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh wow, I'm actually amazed by how incredible that set looks :wub_drool:

You're telling me this has only 258 pieces? It looks so big for 30€! I absolutely love it. Such a good playset. Minifigures are obviously great too.

Does anyone know if it's supposed to be a retailer exclusive?

Pretty sure the exclusive retailer stuff only applies to us in the US and maybe Canada. Europeans can get the all of sets wherever they sell Lego and I think you guys also get the sets earlier cause street dating isn't a thing over the Atlantic. 

31 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Pretty sure the exclusive retailer stuff only applies to us in the US and maybe Canada. Europeans can get the all of sets wherever they sell Lego and I think you guys also get the sets earlier cause street dating isn't a thing over the Atlantic. 

Unfortunately, it's not how it works.

If a set is a retailer exclusive in US, then in Europe (or at least in my country) you can only buy it directly from Lego.

5 hours ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

Do my eyes deceive me or is that another Mando helmet to the right of the entrance? Maybe unprinted?

that would be soo cool. I think it look's like that but I wouldn't say without better pictures.

Since I'll get the Slave I and the Armor's set I'd try to costumize the 3rd Mando helmet anyway. And suggestions what tools to use?

Set btw looks pretty detailed; maybe a SW location set I will not scratch for parts.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If a set is a retailer exclusive in US, then in Europe (or at least in my country) you can only buy it directly from Lego.

Well in the UK and other countries (but I don't remember which) they're usually still exclusives just to local retailers like Argos, Tesco's or Smyths toys. But these sorts of exclusives can also be bought from lego directly 

I really like the look of the Mandalorian Forge set from the leaked image. The Paz Vizsla & Armorer minifigs look great & I really need the jetpack for Mando too.

This is a must buy set for me!

11 hours ago, Stuartn said:

While I share the frustration I am relieved that aside from the Mandalore Duel there are no obscene price hikes for this wave, The Artiquens price is the same as the FO star destroyer from 2018 and while there are a few less pieces the Artiquens is bigger and has larger  pieces, though the exchange rate is still wrong. I am looking forward to seeing the prices at different retailers which are generally lower than Lego Shop, I am hoping the Artiquens will reduce to about $229 (when compared with the AT AT which was also between $40-$50 less) while the slave 1 will reduce to $75 and the Maruader to about $55, which at a 20% of sale might get down to $44

The Arquitens starting price is $90 AUD more than the FO star Destroyer was in 2018; it started around $189 and it ended at $129 AUD full price ($103.20 on clearance at Target in late 2019). The Arquitens is $269.99 AUD; it's possible it will get down to $229 AUD but thats still more than the $159 USD it's listed at full price in the US. It's $20 more than Lego asked for the most recent AT-AT; that set got as low as $200 AUD in the EOFY sales which was about on par with US full price.

My main concern is that sale price or not, these sets will be hard to find on the shelves, and when they do turn up they'll be in lots of 10 or 20 sets in most stores, meaning that if you aren't in store the day the shipment reaches the shelves, you might as well not bother. The major retailers are probably dissuaded from overstocking lego generally because of how poorly the Friends and Disney sets move; they're never short of stock of any of those sets and they are often heavily discounted. When the major retailers heavily discount the lego sets, they often reduce them to cost or below, meaning they take a loss hoping they'll make it up in other sales by getting customers in store/online. If they take a loss or don't sell what is now at least a third of their lego stock on shelves (Friends, Disney and Creator), the likelihood of them ordering stock of any lego in any large quantity is low (outside of Toyworld/Toymates), even on popular lines like Star Wars and Marvel.

Hate to be a downer but the high likelihood of missing out on part or possibly even all of this line due to stock availability issues systemic across Australia makes it hard to get excited for Lego, even when the lineup is as good as it is this Winter.

22 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

I seem to remember this was a Walmart exclusive? Not sure how that would work in Europe though, unless it's an Amazon exclusive (although it does seem kinda small for that). It comes out a month later than the rest so I would assume so.

It looks like a neat set. Not for me, but it looks like good value.

Target in the US. Not sure elsewhere. 

23 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Not necessarily, though, right? For instance, we've seen Marvel's Scarlet Witch leaks without cape first, and with more recently, if I recall correctly. 
However, in the bottom minifig line up, on the box front, it seems more clearly that there, indeed, are no shoulder pads or anything.

I think with the SW leak, that was the actual figure from a factory leak, while the Armorer was from a catalog. So the catalog would be more likely to show the full figure. At least that is how I understand it. 

8 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I think with the SW leak, that was the actual figure from a factory leak, while the Armorer was from a catalog. So the catalog would be more likely to show the full figure. At least that is how I understand it. 

There a list of what sets are what specific store exclusives? 

29 minutes ago, Prometheus87 said:

There a list of what sets are what specific store exclusives? 

I think it is just the Forge for now. BB Shuttle I think is Amazon? Someone can correct me. All others should be at the normal locations upon release. 

Edit: BB Shuttle is not an exclusive. Thank you for the correction!

Edited by McMurder_them_softly
Correction

19 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

BB Shuttle I think is Amazon?

It is not.

1 hour ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Ah, yes. Makes sense. Guess I misremembered what kind of leak the Armorer was.
My bad :blush:

Regards,
Mitch

19 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh my bad I thought exclusives for Walmart/Targets apply here since the companies operate in North America. 

On 7/5/2021 at 11:00 PM, Bricktastrophe said:

The Arquitens is listed for $269.99 AUD, and $159.99 USD; even on a good exchange rate the Australian price is still $50.00 and 27% more than the USD price. The Slave 1 is a little better; the US price is 20% less than the Australian price ($49.99 USD, apx. $66 AUD vs. $79.99 AUD). Its pretty confusing when generally speaking the prices are consistent across the US, UK and Europe; demand for lego in Australia and New Zealand has always been high which means Lego should be able to ship in large volumes, confident they will move their product.

Remember that our prices have sales tax included, tax on the Arquitens is about $24.50. The rest of the increased cost is probably to cover transport to such an isolated location compared to the rest of the market. I agree though, if the price is consistent across Europe and that is usually consistent with North America then surely it can be cheaper here. What really sucks for us is that we don't see the stupid low discounts lots of US and European stores give.

On 7/7/2021 at 2:12 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

Remember that our prices have sales tax included, tax on the Arquitens is about $24.50. The rest of the increased cost is probably to cover transport to such an isolated location compared to the rest of the market. I agree though, if the price is consistent across Europe and that is usually consistent with North America then surely it can be cheaper here. What really sucks for us is that we don't see the stupid low discounts lots of US and European stores give.

At least the 20 percent off sales are very common

On 7/6/2021 at 11:12 PM, Brikkyy13 said:

With most countries, I tend to think it all balances out between taxes, discounts, region exclusives, etc...but yeah Australia/New Zealand has it worst by far, mostly due to that "shipping to such an isolated location compared to the rest of the market" (I think Australia has a factory, but there's no way it produces enough for the whole country.)

Plus, you guys have to read the instructions upside-down! :laugh: