MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I'd love a v-wing as well, but these days it seems like almost every set is main character-related or at least has one in the set, and aside from Omega I'm not sure who they could shoe-horn in there.

Aaaaaand I got the email. Yeah this was just a glitch. I just now realized I should have held my Lego.com order until this one proved itself real or BS so I’d have something to fall back on, but hey. This just feels like more proof I shouldn’t buy this set :laugh:

ETA; wow, just watching Solid Brix’ review of the shuttle and he compares it to the Imp shuttle from January, and somehow it’s 30 dollars cheaper and 300 pieces smaller but looks so much more imposing and well-designed. Those speeders really did screw this one over. 

Edited by hondohnaka

The more I look at these sets, the more I actually becomes disenfranchised with Lego. The sets have too many issues or are just boring. 

The Mandalorian fighter looks pretty average compared to the older one, particularly the cockpit! 

Moff Gideon’s Cruiser is one of the least exciting sets of that price point. Not memorable in the slightest in Lego form. 

Maybe I am just ranting. 

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

The more I look at these sets, the more I actually becomes disenfranchised with Lego. The sets have too many issues or are just boring. The Mandalorian fighter looks pretty average compared to the older one, particularly the cockpit! Moff Gideon’s Cruiser is one of the least exciting sets of that price point. Not memorable in the slightest in Lego form. Maybe I am just ranting. 

It is something of a glass half empty/glass half full situation, though I appreciate where you are coming from. I agree with the Mandalorian fighter, while the wings are an improvement the major cockpit issues which the previous model did not have are a severe detraction and are a severe drawback, similarly the cruiser is underwhelming especially in regards to the interior. But there are also good sets, the Trexler marauder is a very good set as is the new Slave One.

But I agree this new wave is lacklustre, if you are not a fan of CW S7, BB or the Mandalorian (I haven't watched it yet) there is little in this wave for you, and if you are, none of the fresh new designs are included, like the TIE Outlander, and instead there is another Slave I which despite being very well done cannot compare with its larger predecessors, a cruiser which first appeared a decade ago, the Mandalorian duel set is overly simplified and the BB shuttle is very divisive.

There are no heavily requested designs which could have been inserted into this wave

My feeling with regards to cockpit issues is that Lego have painted themselves into a bit of a corner with many of the canopy pieces they have produced. While it's great to have a selection of curved and rounded canopy pieces for various models, the curvature of most of these pieces doesn't match with the inherent blocky/angular nature of Lego bricks and plates. The only canopy pieces I can think of that work well ie. no gaps around the edges, are the square and angled canopies used for X-Wing and Snowspeeder/Y-Wing ones - and in the case of the Snowspeeder there are angled nose pieces that fit to that canopy shape. The best solution for cockpit gaps would be to produce more bricks/plates that match the curvature at the bottom of the canopy (or the back in the case of A-Wing style covers) but until that happens there will always be spaceships with less than airtight cockpits!

Like it very much! Looks like it contains good parts, we need better quality pics, there is a small chance, the beskar tile is printed. In the background is another Mandalorian helmet, maybe a new print?

The beskar forge looks so good, I’m getting more excited for this wave every day.

Edited by wcamerons

On 6/30/2021 at 7:53 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

I hope the set sticks around long enough for you to get the discount. I’m just having flashbacks to the AAT last year. That sold out day 1 solely because of a new Ahsoka and she’s nowhere near as popular as Boba Fett.

AAT is back for sale on Lego.com/en-au but I agree, it was impossible to get a hold of the 501st battlepack or even the AAT for the 10 or so months its been out. It's getting real hard to stomach the inflated prices here, knowing that a 20% discount here still comes out more expensive than the RRP most other places. The Arquitens is listed for $269.99 AUD, and $159.99 USD; even on a good exchange rate the Australian price is still $50.00 and 27% more than the USD price. The Slave 1 is a little better; the US price is 20% less than the Australian price ($49.99 USD, apx. $66 AUD vs. $79.99 AUD). Its pretty confusing when generally speaking the prices are consistent across the US, UK and Europe; demand for lego in Australia and New Zealand has always been high which means Lego should be able to ship in large volumes, confident they will move their product.

Even with the popularity in the Star Wars community of Mando Season 2 and the Bad Batch, chances are Lego and Disney will have banked on it selling fewer toys than they'd expect with a theatrical release, which probably means we'll see less stock in Australia writ large, and much less outside of the Sydney and Melbourne metropolitan areas.

I'd love to buy the whole range Day one, but I doubt I'll ever see the whole range in the one place until I've bought the lot.

Oh wow, I'm actually amazed by how incredible that set looks :wub_drool:

You're telling me this has only 258 pieces? It looks so big for 30€! I absolutely love it. Such a good playset. Minifigures are obviously great too.

Does anyone know if it's supposed to be a retailer exclusive?

It’s obviously super blurry and really tough to tell but from where I’m sitting the Armorer has some form of shoulderpads so that’s something 

10 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

It’s obviously super blurry and really tough to tell but from where I’m sitting the Armorer has some form of shoulderpads so that’s something 

She doesn't. 

12 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

My mind wanted to tell me this too, but I think it's going to wind up being an aspect of the blurriness. If she had something on her shoulders, she would've had it in the crystal-clear minifigures image that leaked ages ago.

Looks like a fun set, good for what it is. Kind of astonishing it got made at all, but it's more memorable and important than the likes of Unkar Plutt's shop, so I'm certainly not complaining.

One thing kind of odd with this set and the Slave I is how they fly in the face of LEGO's old "a conflict in every box" ethos. They easily could've included bad guys in either of these sets, but didn't. Just buddying around at the Forge and Mando and Boba going on a cheerful holiday with the Slave I and display stand cart.

Forge looks good, I'm glad to see the blue flame pieces in another set. I can't believe that the piece has been out for 3 years and has only appeared in blue in 1 expensive set, It's perfect for welding arcs/ forge flames!

@Clone_Opatra  I'm conjecturing here, but I'll bet having multiple sets available at the same time from The Mandalorian effectively provides the "conflict" as opposed to the BB shuttle that has the speeders because no other BB sets are out.

Edited by Archer

14 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

One thing kind of odd with this set and the Slave I is how they fly in the face of LEGO's old "a conflict in every box" ethos.

That’s not uncommon though. The only X-Wing sets for instance to include bad guys were the 4+ OT one and the 2016 ST version. A-Wing and Y-Wing sets also usually don’t include conflict (the exception being the RO Y-Wing). TIE fighters are often one-faction-only as well. Luke’s and Yoda’s huts also only feature spritual conflict :tongue:

The Forge is the best Star Wars set so far this year.

Edited by RODDY

The Mandalorian Forge looks great!
Pics aren't HD yet, but I can definitely tell the build is bigger than I expected, which is a very pleasant surprise :sweet: 

33 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

My mind wanted to tell me this too, but I think it's going to wind up being an aspect of the blurriness. If she had something on her shoulders, she would've had it in the crystal-clear minifigures image that leaked ages ago.

Not necessarily, though, right? For instance, we've seen Marvel's Scarlet Witch leaks without cape first, and with more recently, if I recall correctly. 
However, in the bottom minifig line up, on the box front, it seems more clearly that there, indeed, are no shoulder pads or anything.

6 minutes ago, RODDY said:

The Forge is the best set Star Wars set so far this year.

I think I actually agree with this :classic: 
I love Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser for the ship, but the build requires some adaptions and I don't really like/need all those minifigs, but with the Mandalorian Forge, it has a great build and fantastic minifigures! :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

Wow, the forge looks way better than I expected! Definitely looks like it'll be worth the $30. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Does anyone know if it's supposed to be a retailer exclusive?

I seem to remember this was a Walmart exclusive? Not sure how that would work in Europe though, unless it's an Amazon exclusive (although it does seem kinda small for that). It comes out a month later than the rest so I would assume so.

It looks like a neat set. Not for me, but it looks like good value.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Mando Forge leaked, and it looks great :thumbup: Can’t wait to see clearer images :wub:

It does look great, though I would like to see some clearer images as the angle doesn't show off that much of the interior on the left.

Edited by Mandalorianknight