MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've been thinking this forever, my moff gideon purist custom uses the FO officer from the TIE fighter, which is that same skin tone. Honestly Lego's never been great with skin tones for the shows:

Ezra and Sabine use the light flesh when they have darker skin. (And ezra has dark blue hair, not black)

Kanan and Cara use a darker flesh color when they've got lighter skin.

(waves hand slowly at angry clone face) and of course Din Djarin’s skin tone is obviously just e m p t y v o i d. 

With human skin tones lego has used White, Lt Nougat, Nougat, Med Nougat, Reddish Brown, and Tan. White is basically only relevant to Vader's "never seen the sunlight head, and Tan only works well for something like Palpatine or Mouth of Sauron where the skin is supposed to look sickly. Without delving too far into race here I think actors/ characters of Asian descent have been the most inaccurately portrayed, Commander Sato, and Cho Chang are pretty bad attempts. But I do think Med Nougat (the color used for Panaka) is underutilized for characters like Moff Gideon, played by a multiracial actor.

Just found out from Falcon the shuttle is available on Walmart. Grabbed one because I know I’ll regret it if I don’t lmao

3 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Just found out from Falcon the shuttle is available on Walmart. Grabbed one because I know I’ll regret it if I don’t lmao

When I saw falcon post about it I thought it was fake but when I checked Walmart it was there and said Friday delivery so I ordered too. I'm still not fully convinced its real but I guess Friday night I'll know. 

TLG are officially revealing sets scheduled for August and even October left and right, so we hopefully don‘t have to wait too long before we get to see the Mando Forge (and that mystery set, if it‘s still coming) :excited:

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

TLG are officially revealing sets scheduled for August and even October left and right, so we hopefully don‘t have to wait too long before we get to see the Mando Forge (and that mystery set, if it‘s still coming) :excited:

I thought the mystery set was the mando forge? These rumors are too hard to keep track of :wacko:

So based off the assumption that they're separate, we have this for upcoming sets:
August/officially revealed: Duel on Mandalore, Trexler Marauder, Slave One, Bo-Katan's gauntlet, Gideon's cruiser, meditation chamber.

Leaked proof of set but not officially revealed: Mando Forge figure leaks.

Reliably Leaked: Republic gunship, 2hy UCS that most likely is an AT-AT.

And also another mystery set?

18 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

agh, I pre-ordered mine and now I'm cancelling it. this is megablocking dumb, my pre-order wouldn't come in until august but I can get it a month earlier by just buying it off walmart! *huh*

14 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

When I saw falcon post about it I thought it was fake but when I checked Walmart it was there and said Friday delivery so I ordered too. I'm still not fully convinced its real but I guess Friday night I'll know. 

Falcon is legitimate, just so you know. He won't fake stuff.

Slightly off-topic, my UCS slave one arrives saturday! I'm so excited!

Edited by Mandalorianknight

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I thought the mystery set was the mando forge? These rumors are too hard to keep track of :wacko:

The Forge is 75319, whereas the mystery set is 75369 :purrr: Let‘s hope it‘s something based on Mando, TCW, or BB (if it hasn‘t been cancelled, that is)

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So based off the assumption that they're separate, we have this for upcoming sets:
August/officially revealed: Duel on Mandalore, Trexler Marauder, Slave One, Bo-Katan's gauntlet, Gideon's cruiser, meditation chamber.

Leaked proof of set but not officially revealed: Mando Forge figure leaks.

Reliably Leaked: Republic gunship, 2hy UCS that most likely is an AT-AT.

And also another mystery set?

agh, I pre-ordered mine and now I'm cancelling it. this is megablocking dumb, my pre-order wouldn't come in until august but I can get it a month earlier by just buying it off walmart! *huh*

Falcon is legitimate, just so you know. He won't fake stuff.

Slightly off-topic, my UCS slave one arrives saturday! I'm so excited!

Set number 75369 has not been leaked in any way whatsoever but was assumed to be Vader’s Chamber until that was revealed to be 75269. We have never heard news of it being canceled, however, so it hypothetically still exists. 

The shuttle situation is hilarious if they don’t just end up not shipping our orders. Like come on, Lego. Honestly it should have just been released the same day the first Batch episode aired. 

Edited by hondohnaka

19 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Set number 75369 has not been leaked in any way whatsoever but was assumed to be Vader’s Chamber until that was revealed to be 75269. We have never heard news of it being canceled, however, so it hypothetically still exists. 

The shuttle situation is hilarious if they don’t just end up not shipping our orders. Like come on, Lego. Honestly it should have just been released the same day the first Batch episode aired. 

I wonder if that set even exists or was a "typo" in the leak, given how close the rumored number was vs. the real number of Vader's Chamber. 

17 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I think Landino said it was still coming a while back.

Yeah there’s been scattered rumors that it’s still a thing for a bit now. Nothing consistent, but considering that Marvel had a similar confusion with the Sakaar Mech, Hydro Stomper and Thor’s House sets I wouldn’t be surprised if it still happens. If it does my budget is screwed tho :laugh:

Spoiler

I think after the most recent episode of BB we'll see a new AT-TE in 2022 but instead of a AOTC version (which I would prefer) we'll get a version from the episode with BB members and P2 clones.

Also the reappearances of the V-Wings throughout the show lead me to believe there might be a chance we finally see that in Lego form with the classic republic/early empire red/maroon colors. 

3 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think after the most recent episode of BB we'll see a new AT-TE in 2022 but instead of a AOTC version (which I would prefer) we'll get a version from the episode with BB members and P2 clones.

Also the reappearances of the V-Wings throughout the show lead me to believe there might be a chance we finally see that in Lego form with the classic republic/early empire red/maroon colors. 

yup summer 2022 $160 set being an AT TE is pretty much the only thing that makes sense at the moment. 

Edited by hondohnaka

I feared that Walmart would realize their mistake and do something like this. Still says I should get the set today, but I'm not hopeful. Here's what it says right now:

image.png.670c52f6cf7a2e0e2fb66612bb04428b.png

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

I feared that Walmart would realize their mistake and do something like this. Still says I should get the set today, but I'm not hopeful. Here's what it says right now:

image.png.670c52f6cf7a2e0e2fb66612bb04428b.png

I hope you get it. I had a delivery from Lego today, I was excited that they sent my shuttle early but it’s turned out to be my free gift and Vip gift for ordering the shuttle sent early. I could have waited on them

8 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

We've actually had a couple v-wings in the red/maroon colors, but a $20 v-wing would be a nice addition to upcoming waves.

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

@kidtheboss611 @hondohnaka Either of you get an email from Walmart saying your Bad Batch Shuttle is delayed?

Yah I got the email this morning, it was too good to be true anyways. 

Still hoping I see it today though cause my tracking looks the same as the image @MKJoshA shared. 

Edited by kidtheboss611

I still have yet to receive the dreaded email but my tracking just says “preparing order” and it’s supposed to show up tomorrow so I don’t know how that’ll work out. 

16 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:
  Reveal hidden contents

We've actually had a couple v-wings in the red/maroon colors, but a $20 v-wing would be a nice addition to upcoming waves.

Spoiler

There was also already a V-wing foil pack just earlier this year. If anything, the V-wing has probably gotten more sets than it deserves given how brief its screen time is--it's been in a bunch of places, but never for more than a couple of seconds at a time. It would be a nice small set to drop into a wave, though.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher

8 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

I still have yet to receive the dreaded email but my tracking just says “preparing order” and it’s supposed to show up tomorrow so I don’t know how that’ll work out. 

Friday is almost over and I have not received anything yet so I'm sure Walmart has corrected their mistake across the board; It was always too good to be true but we had hope and rebellions/early bad batch sets are built on hope. 

To be honest they should have released the BB set with R2 on May 4th for the launch of the TV show. It makes no sense to release it after the shows been released/ended when they had the model ready before the premiere and it would have created more hype among kids since Lego is, as I have been reminded, a "kids toy." (really large air quotes) 

4 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Hide contents

There was also already a V-wing foil pack just earlier this year. If anything, the V-wing has probably gotten more sets than it deserves given how brief its screen time is--it's been in a bunch of places, but never for more than a couple of seconds at a time. It would be a nice small set to drop into a wave, though.

I know it doesn't have a ton of screen time but I'd love an actual set not a foil-pack. Also I think there's only been one (maybe 2) lego versions and unfortunately I wasn't super into Lego back then. Also I think the foil-pack was only in Europe. 

4 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I know it doesn't have a ton of screen time but I'd love an actual set not a foil-pack. Also I think there's only been one (maybe 2) lego versions and unfortunately I wasn't super into Lego back then. Also I think the foil-pack was only in Europe. 

There have been three V wings, 2006 (Republic) 2010 (Imperial) and 2014 (Republic) plus a lot of foil packs, but I never got the chance to any so would like to see a V Wing again as well, though preferably a ROTS one, unfortunately however I cannot predict there will be many more BB sets with Andor and TBoBF, plus the ObiWan and Ashoka shows coming along soon, which will probably dominate the line up