MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I have no real idea if this is possible, but I wonder if there would be a way to have some sort of stabilizer insert into the knee joints to allow them to stand firm, but you could remove it to reposition the legs.

37 minutes ago, Utinni Utinni said:

I have no real idea if this is possible, but I wonder if there would be a way to have some sort of stabilizer insert into the knee joints to allow them to stand firm, but you could remove it to reposition the legs.

This is absolutely possible. What I’m thinking right now is a block however long the leg is thick that goes in the central square area, and you use the piece or something like it from the Benatar stand for each leg. There’s probably better technic pieces I’m just not well versed. Anyway you have two mirrored pieces like that held in by grooves and more technic pieces and slope pieces, and then the block goes through each knee when you move it to where you want the leg. There would only be a few poses possible but it would work. 

Edited by hondohnaka

Will be waiting to see the first mods trying to make it walk, but for me the 800$ pricetag just doesnt justify a AT ST. But I'm more of a starship kinda guy.

A motorized UCS AT-AT won't be a good idea in my opinion, due to the high risk of crashing. No one wants to rebuild it once a month. Maybe it comes with a Hoth-style baseplate. Besides that I'm very curious, what could justify that price point. Maybe there is some innovative metal joints to stabilize it, but I doubt it. I expect a similar model to the brick vault version with lesser functions, that's all. I try to work on my expectation-management :D

3 hours ago, Max Rebo said:

A motorized UCS AT-AT won't be a good idea in my opinion, due to the high risk of crashing. No one wants to rebuild it once a month. Maybe it comes with a Hoth-style baseplate. Besides that I'm very curious, what could justify that price point. Maybe there is some innovative metal joints to stabilize it, but I doubt it. I expect a similar model to the brick vault version with lesser functions, that's all. I try to work on my expectation-management :D

I can only speculate at this point - but my thoughts are that static legs is pretty certain. 

I am also pretty sure the size must be minifig-scale (or close), a-la cavegods version.

The question is rather; will it have an interior - and how many (if any) minifigs will it include. And will there be more than one build (rebel shield generator?)

18 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

not taking a chance on that set disappearing from Aussie shelves.

I'm probably going to wait a few months for a good 20% off sale which come often, since last year many sets where available until Christmas, and the hype for the Mandalorian and Clone Wars would have died down a lot by now

1 hour ago, Bantha Fodder said:

The question is rather; will it have an interior - and how many (if any) minifigs will it include. And will there be more than one build (rebel shield generator?)

As far as interior goes (and I'm no moc builder myself so this is pure speculation) I can see some space in the head, maybe a control room. As far as central body goes I think if there's going to be an interior it's going to be incredibly downsized. Looking at the cross section (and taking into account that AT-AT is a troop transport with lots of space in the central body) I think there's no way we can expect something akin to the size of the compartment in the cross section and according to canon. 

Being an owner of the UCS Falcon, I can say that structural stability in that model takes priority over interior. Don't get me wrong, I like that interior a lot and I think it's good, but I always felt it was a bit downsized. And of course, there are only 5 "rooms" in the model (including the cockpit and upper gunner position, excluding the ramp). If the AT-AT will follow similar design principles as the Falcon then I will be happy 

LEGO con was a disaster, it's mind-boggling that they didn't even show the mandalorian forge set even though we saw the figures. Just show it on your own terms when you know it will leak in few weeks anyway.
And why did they use Ahsoka in advertisment for mandalorian sets and then didn't include her in any of the sets?

Marauder looks pretty good, probably not gonna get it cause i hate the new stormtrooper helmets, but i am still deciding. If i put my bias towards AAT this is much better value for 40$, AAT had 286 pieces and Marauder has 478 + you get actual 4 figures and not 2 figures and 2 droids. Maybe even a multiple set buy for imperial army builders. 

I'd love to find out the age/interests of the people that watched Legocon. There seemed to be a lot of people submitting Dots designs at least. 

It didn't really work for me, but oh well.

If they got a lot of kids to watch and enjoy then it worked for Lego I guess. 

7 hours ago, Thebrickstandard said:

Will be waiting to see the first mods trying to make it walk, but for me the 800$ pricetag just doesnt justify a AT ST. But I'm more of a starship kinda guy.

Yeah, the mods would be one of the best things about the set.

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

LEGO con was a disaster, it's mind-boggling that they didn't even show the mandalorian forge set even though we saw the figures. Just show it on your own terms when you know it will leak in few weeks anyway.
And why did they use Ahsoka in advertisment for mandalorian sets and then didn't include her in any of the sets?

Marauder looks pretty good, probably not gonna get it cause i hate the new stormtrooper helmets, but i am still deciding. If i put my bias towards AAT this is much better value for 40$, AAT had 286 pieces and Marauder has 478 + you get actual 4 figures and not 2 figures and 2 droids. Maybe even a multiple set buy for imperial army builders. 

It is SO confusing that they sent a promo to ahsoka's VA and didn't have any payoff, but it's even weirder when you realize it's the clone wars VA and not the Mandalorian voice actor, so there is literally no connection. If they had "revealed" the clone wars sets at legocon, it would have made at least a little sense...

33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It is SO confusing that they sent a promo to ahsoka's VA and didn't have any payoff, but it's even weirder when you realize it's the clone wars VA and not the Mandalorian voice actor, so there is literally no connection. If they had "revealed" the clone wars sets at legocon, it would have made at least a little sense...

My understanding is that they originally planned to announced the Season 7 Clone Wars sets at LEGO CON however when they were accidently announced by LEGO they decided to officially announce those but hold the Mando ones for LEGO CON

Thanks to Instagram I just notice that the colours of Boba's chest plate and helmet / jetpack don't match :laugh_hard:

How did this even happen, that's just lazy or... I don't even know...

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Thanks to Instagram I just notice that the colours of Boba's chest plate and helmet / jetpack don't match :laugh_hard:

How did this even happen, that's just lazy or... I don't even know...

Weirdest part is it's not even just a lazy reuse, because they made a new print for boba's helmet. The figure in the slave one set has a new, exclusive helmet print...in a different color than the torso print.

54 minutes ago, GlacierPhoenix said:

My understanding is that they originally planned to announced the Season 7 Clone Wars sets at LEGO CON however when they were accidently announced by LEGO they decided to officially announce those but hold the Mando ones for LEGO CON

But the mando and tcw sets both leaked in the same way, and lego proceeded to officially announce only the clone wars sets, then send the package to the VA. They could have done what they did with the mando sets and not officially announce them until legocon.

19 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Weirdest part is it's not even just a lazy reuse, because they made a new print for boba's helmet. The figure in the slave one set has a new, exclusive helmet print...in a different color than the torso print.

Even easier to fix, why didn't they just use a different colour on the torso since it was also a new print? And it would be more accurate in sand green.

Such a weird move Lego...

8 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

I'm probably going to wait a few months for a good 20% off sale which come often, since last year many sets where available until Christmas, and the hype for the Mandalorian and Clone Wars would have died down a lot by now

I hope the set sticks around long enough for you to get the discount. I’m just having flashbacks to the AAT last year. That sold out day 1 solely because of a new Ahsoka and she’s nowhere near as popular as Boba Fett.

31 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I hope the set sticks around long enough for you to get the discount. I’m just having flashbacks to the AAT last year. That sold out day 1 solely because of a new Ahsoka and she’s nowhere near as popular as Boba Fett.

I feel a disturbance in the force, as if a million clone wars fanboys started typing...

I think it depends. One the one hand, not only is boba more popular, but it's his iconic ship, slave one, as opposed to Ahsoka with a separatist tank. On the other hand, that was the first CW ahsoka in 7 years, whereas boba's been available in at least one set every couple years since 2001.

Personally I just bought the UCS one, so I'm fine waiting 6-8 months for a discount.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Even easier to fix, why didn't they just use a different colour on the torso since it was also a new print? And it would be more accurate in sand green.

Such a weird move Lego...

It looks to me like it's the head from episode 6 and the torso from episode 7.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I don't think it would sell out as quickly, apart from scalpers, very few would want more than one of this set as it has two non-massable figures and the vehicle on the other hand is unique, with the AAT, many people would want multiples of the 332nd trooper, and the extra droids and multiple AATs wouldn't be a waste, plus the Ahsoka figure would've been unique to the set and might have had further resell value. Hence there wouldn't be a foreseeable issue of people buying many copies of the set.

Edited by Stuartn

1 hour ago, Stuartn said:

I don't think it would sell out as quickly, apart from scalpers, very few would want more than one of this set as it has two non-massable figures and the vehicle on the other hand is unique, with the AAT, many people would want multiples of the 332nd trooper, and the extra droids and multiple AATs wouldn't be a waste, plus the Ahsoka figure would've been unique to the set and might have had further resell value. Hence there wouldn't be a foreseeable issue of people buying many copies of the set.

Yeah, the 501st battlepack and AAT were hard to find because they were pretty massable and it was at the peak of hype for clone wars. Now I'm hoping the sets are easier to get since none of them apart from the marauder are really massable and the hype for tthe shows would be down a bit

I'm predicting the new Slave 1 will go the way of Trouble on Tatooine - sells out very quickly because it has a unique variant of a popular character, but ultimately everyone only wants one and there's nothing massable about the set so after the first month it's easily and widely available.

5 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

I'm predicting the new Slave 1 will go the way of Trouble on Tatooine - sells out very quickly because it has a unique variant of a popular character, but ultimately everyone only wants one and there's nothing massable about the set so after the first month it's easily and widely available.

In more ways then one. Boba will become available in more sets in January or March and that’ll make the set even more irrelevant. 

28 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Yep, I made the mistake of getting it day 1 but saw it on sale later on

Does anyone else think Moff Gideon maybe should have had the same skin color as Captain Panaka? 

61YZfIKXQ6L._AC_SX466_.jpgPq5Rp_3r7saEq71ThXPPQtgU__71RiZAJxwOR7QF

the figs:

51272084042_d6b7e8ae82_b.jpglego-star-wars-minifigur-captain-panaka-

7 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

In more ways then one. Boba will become available in more sets in January or March and that’ll make the set even more irrelevant. 

Not sure on this. Why would Boba look the same in Book of Boba, where he becomes a

Spoiler

crimelord

according to the EndCredit Scene of Mandalorian Season 2. If there is any chance to sell new action figures, they will take this opportunity. Good thing is, we will know more until the Slave I goes EOL :)

Even if Boba gets a slightly different outfit in his show, what will it amount to really? Maybe not all black underneath with a black scarf. His armour is still his armour and it's going to look just as cool. Fennec will also probably remain exactly the same, as they've given her the exact same outfit in the Bad Batch a good 30 years earlier or whatever it is.

6 hours ago, Artizan said:

Does anyone else think Moff Gideon maybe should have had the same skin color as Captain Panaka? 

the figs

I've been thinking this forever, my moff gideon purist custom uses the FO officer from the TIE fighter, which is that same skin tone. Honestly Lego's never been great with skin tones for the shows:

Ezra and Sabine use the light flesh when they have darker skin. (And ezra has dark blue hair, not black)

Kanan and Cara use a darker flesh color when they've got lighter skin.