MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

-has the UCS slave one

-wife likes legos

-has a wife

can I have your life? :laugh: 

Being a single AFOL also has its merits, never having to argue over buying expensive sets and/or spreading them across the entire apartment/house is absolute bliss :head_back: The way I’m dealing with my hobby simply wouldn’t be possible if I had a partner, unless they’re VERY tolerant

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Btw, is that a flip out handle on the back or a seismic charge drop feature?

I SO hope it’s the latter :wub: I jumped out of my chair when that hatch opened in the episode

Ok, we definitely need the Justifier (Cad Bane's ship) with Cad Bane, Omega, Todo, and Fennec in the winter wave :moar:

Edited by avengers777

Spoiler

The recent episode is full of great set ideas for the TLG to make BB sets for but I doubt they give us any of them knowing Lego

From most to least likely in my opinion, 

Fennec's ship (Fennec, Omega, maybe hunter)

Cad Bane's ship (Cad, Omega, Todo, Fennec)

Encounter on Kaminoan Facility (Cad, Fennec, Omega, Dead Kaminoan experiment)

All of these could come with the Kaminoan Pod Omega's in at the end of the episode but that';s unlikely. The reason I ranked them this way is cause Fennec appears in more current media and I don't think TLG will make Bane's ship if he doesn't become a main villain/appear in more media even though the figure is so sought after. 

The interior of the light cruiser looks quite nice, from what I can see!
Too bad about the large cannons on top of the ship, but hopefully they can be easily removed 'cause I really want this set.

Regards,
Mitch 

Slave I looking harder and harder to pass up. I bet that technic build sticking out the back is a handle, keen to see the review in full. Surprised to see the Gamorean in carbonite, good to get another of those. No space for a Han in Carbonite block puts a pin in my “set was designed to be from ESB” theory.

Slightly disappointed by the cruiser’s interior ngl. The front is what I expected but I was thinking the sides of the back would open up like the malevolence did.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is true, we've never had a great interior.

Idk, I was pretty happy with the First Order Star Destroyer interior. And the other Star destroyers for that matter. It’s just the weirdly shaped ships like the Tantive IV that get the raw end of the deal, when the interior actually takes up the whole of the ship it’s fine.

7 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Honestly, I'd be totally fine with a $20 set of just Boba's throne with Boba and whatever the villain of tBoBF is going to be, in the vein of the Mandalorian Throne set... but better.

This would be great! A cheap way to get a Boba figure! And the set would look good:

Star-Wars-The-Mandalorian-Boba-Fett-Keepsake-Ornament_2499QXI7632_01.jpg?sw=1920

Edited by PRbrickbuilder

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Being a single AFOL also has its merits, never having to argue over buying expensive sets and/or spreading them across the entire apartment/house is absolute bliss :head_back: The way I’m dealing with my hobby simply wouldn’t be possible if I had a partner, unless they’re VERY tolerant

I SO hope it’s the latter :wub: I jumped out of my chair when that hatch opened in the episode

That is also true.

If it's not the latter, I'm modding it. something as small as the new model is (not that that's bad, I love that we're getting a smaller one) doesn't need a handle.

6 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Idk, I was pretty happy with the First Order Star Destroyer interior. And the other Star destroyers for that matter. It’s just the weirdly shaped ships like the Tantive IV that get the raw end of the deal, when the interior actually takes up the whole of the ship it’s fine.

I forgot about that one. I liked the interior bridge design, but I wasn't a huge fan of the other segments.

While my interest in the two sets when they first were leaked and unveiled was initially sort of mild, every time I'd see both the X-Wing and TIE at Target/Walmart, I'd become more and more drawn to them, but have been waiting for a price drop before pulling the trigger.  I happened to be in Walmart for something unrelated and took a spin through the LEGO aisle, where the X-Wing was on sale for $40 USD.  That seemed like a good signal to buy it, so I did and built it yesterday.  Plus, I decided I probably won't be buying the Slave 1, so I could allocate that money to something else!

Super happy with the set, it's actually my first X-Wing Fighter (I've now got a Y-Wing, A-Wing, U-Wing, and V-Wing, so the only alphabet fighter I'm missing is a B-Wing), and I also didn't have an ANH Leia prior to this, as I've never owned a Falcon/X-Wing/Tantive and didn't buy the Death Star swing set.  The figures are great, the wing functionality is awesome, and I think the scale of the model and level of detail are pretty perfect for a system-scale set.  My only real complaint is with the landing gear - the ones on the wings are easy enough to remove, but the front landing gear is both loose and yet also kind of tricky to get off, since the Technic pin holding it in place can kind of get stuck.  

Other than that, no complaints with it, really like the set.

23 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

-has the UCS slave one

-wife likes legos

-has a wife

can I have your life? :laugh: People keep telling me that the UCS slave one is one of the best sets of all time, would you say I should try to hunt it down on bricklink/ebay? (big boba fett fan, but the UCS sets have always seemed a bit pricy for me)

The sole reason I am purchasing the mandalore throne is so I can put boba and din on it.

Haha no! :laugh: I love my life and my wife! :wub: We actually had a LEGO Wedding and went to Galaxy's Edge for our 1 year anniversary in 2019, she's a big fan of LEGO as well as Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Harry Potter and more. I really lucked out!

It's not perfect, it's missing the passenger deck of the ship but it's an absolutely glorious set and well worth its weight in plastic(at least at retail) it's quite heavy and detailed. UCS sets are very pricey, Slave I is the only one I have and that probably won't change until/unless we get a UCS ETA-2 Actis-Class Interceptor or a UCS Venator.

That's a good idea! I'm probably going to make a little throne for my reforged Boba until we inevitably get an official one.

21 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I can't find one for a reasonable price on ebay/bricklink and going off how people here and on youtube talk about it I need if for my Boba Fett collection. 

Also kudos on finding a girl who likes Lego and you, I'm still looking.

I haven't looked but I certainly believe it, I highly recommend it if you ever find it for a reasonable price.

Thank you, and good luck to you! They're definitely out there .:wink:

16 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

This would be great! A cheap way to get a Boba figure! And the set would look good:

Star-Wars-The-Mandalorian-Boba-Fett-Keepsake-Ornament_2499QXI7632_01.jpg?sw=1920

I NEED THAT!!! Is that a statue for sale somewhere or is it a very impressive 3d printing file?

On a side note, I love that they're standardizing the arm printing for Din Djarrin in every set he appears in and I would love if they did the same for Boba. I think it would be really smart of LEGO do do this with certain characters throughout the theme that are main characters deserving of distinction and extra detail ie, Din for The Mandalorian, Boba for The Book of Boba Fett, and I absolutely think Darth Vader is worthy of having his arm printing standardized in every appearance, same with future Anakin figures, even if it's just printing for his robotic arm, same with Luke. Hopefully this is the start of a wonderful trend.

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

On a side note, I love that they're standardizing the arm printing for Din Djarrin in every set he appears in and I would love if they did the same for Boba. I think it would be really smart of LEGO do do this with certain characters throughout the theme that are main characters deserving of distinction and extra detail ie, Din for The Mandalorian, Boba for The Book of Boba Fett, and I absolutely think Darth Vader is worthy of having his arm printing standardized in every appearance, same with future Anakin figures, even if it's just printing for his robotic arm, same with Luke. Hopefully this is the start of a wonderful trend.

I would love this and its a great sentiment but knowing Lego they'd never do something that cool cause it would be too "expensive" on their end. 

Also on another note on twitter some people are saying that there's a picture of Cody and the gunship going around. It seems to good to be true but if it is real that'd be legendary and I think it would be a giant step in the right direction for Lego in terms of giving fans more stuff they want from prequels/CW.

1 hour ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I would love this and its a great sentiment but knowing Lego they'd never do something that cool cause it would be too "expensive" on their end. 

Tips & Bricks did an interview with some of the Super Heroes designers where they mentioned that the limit with arm printing is mainly the machines - arm printing is mostly done in a separate machine to the moulding. They went on to say that they do have all-in-one machines that replace the older ones when they reach the end of their lives, so it does sound like they want it to become the norm.

7 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

"It's not just a budget or boxes thing, it's also about manufacturing. For legs, without a print go in one box, then those that need it are taken to be printed. With bodies, as they're assembled they're printed, because it's all in one machine not two."

"Then for arm printing, we still have machines that will last for another decade or two that don't print the arms, and new ones that do. So when we eventually replace them, all of them will have them included, whereas at the moment they're kind of special and we can only make so many."

I think it's also a space issue where a printed arms version and a non printed arms version of a fig would have two element ID's for the torsos, take up twice the room and double the costs. By having all the season 2 Mandos be the same, and have arm printing, they're actually reducing costs, from a certain point of view. 

But yeah hopefully they start moving forward on it with other characters that will have multi set / multi year lives. And the Boba is one that matches both. 

Having watched the MandR YouTube video for the leaked images of Moff Gideon's Imperial Cruiser (75315) I'm a little disappointed at the small size of the interior. Although I was probably being a bit over optimistic. I'm also wondering if the minifigs will be able to be stood up with the top closed.

On the plus side it looks like there are four control stations / panels, so buying four Imperial Crew (SW0693) a few months ago may have been a good idea. :classic:

As for the new Slave 1 set, I'm glad that I bought the Slave 1 – 20th Anniversary Edition (75243) set last year. :classic:

2 minutes ago, DrCoomer said:

LEGOCON set reveal is the Moff Gideon Cruiser. Slave I and the Trexler are also on the scene.

This is gotta be one of the most disappointing reveals ever since we’ve already seen the set a long time ago...

While I know we've all seen the set, it isn't particularly unexpected. A lot of general LEGO fans wouldn't have seen it yet, and it'll definitely be a popular one when it releases. I know it's easy to complain since we've seen it for a while, a lot of people really haven't. 

On 6/23/2021 at 6:36 PM, TeddytheSpoon said:

Realistically either one of the Mando sets or the mystery 75369. No-one has said it won't be the UCS AT-AT, but I doubt we would see that before the gunship based on the release schedule we have (and because UCS sets don't tend to get a reveal beyond a few weeks AFAIK). Personally my money is on the cruiser [...]

Called it. What a weird reveal though - this whole LEGO Con is certainly, er, an experience.

4 minutes ago, hvader said:

This is gotta be one of the most disappointing reveals ever since we’ve already seen the set a long time ago...

And no Mandalorian Forge! Noooooooooo!

Honestly no one should hate leaks anymore after Lego Con... They’re becoming the only way for us to see set pictures before the sets come out

Edited by hvader

1 minute ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

While I know we've all seen the set, it isn't particularly unexpected. A lot of general LEGO fans wouldn't have seen it yet, and it'll definitely be a popular one when it releases. I know it's easy to complain since we've seen it for a while, a lot of people really haven't. 

Yeah, I'm not surprised it was the cruiser. Besides it's the sort of thing that will have been planned weeks, if not months in advance, and you can't really plan for leaks. Disappointing, sure, but not surprising.

Dissapointing but expected. Almost nothing new for us, leaks lovers. Unfortunately there wasn't even an honest profound conversation with the designer. 

8 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Well that was a massive waste of time. Honestly LEGO CON in it's entirety was a hot steaming pile of garbage.

That's excessively harsh. I think it's been pretty fun. I honestly expected them to officially reveal the Mandalorian sets and I was happy to get a better look at them. I imagine it sucks if you were looking forward to the UCS gunship though.

The Trexler Marauder has a lot better interior access than I expected and looks a lot better than the render overall. It's nice that the new Slave I has a handle but I'm a little disappointed it doesn't have a bomb drop feature. I was surprised the Lightcruiser didn't have a handle but it turns out the bridge is actually sturdy enough to function as a handle.

Edited by ToaDraco