MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, V-2929 said:

So what sets haven't we had a decent view of so far? Similar to the Light Cruiser, I'm curious to find out how much interior the Trexler has. I'd really like to be able to fit, like, five troopers and a driver in it but I suspect that may be asking a bit much

I think it'll likely have an "open floor plan", to allow for either loads of cargo or a cadre of troops. I'm wondering if the sides will be able to hold figures like the carrier variant.

1 hour ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

I'm very interested in the Trexler Marauder too, it will look great in my Imperial Army collection. In fact I'm planning on buying two, those Mortar Troopers look really nice. :classic:

Oh how I wish this had come out when the old helmets were still in use, I'd kill to have the mortar helmet in that style. Even still, they're really amazing.

Spoiler

Slightly off-topic, but notice how each season we get a new color stormtrooper, in the vein of the AOTC clone ranks? We've seen yellow and red, would be cool to get a green or teal variant next season.

holy smokes batman this fanbase is...something else. 

Anyway I hope the Marauder's easy to find, I want to army build with that. Wish we got more imperial land vehicles besides AT ATs. Hopefully with Mando 3 and Ahsoka being the gang going up against whatever Thrawn's got up his sleeve we'll get more.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

I think it'll likely have an "open floor plan", to allow for either loads of cargo or a cadre of troops. I'm wondering if the sides will be able to hold figures like the carrier variant.

Oh how I wish this had come out when the old helmets were still in use, I'd kill to have the mortar helmet in that style. Even still, they're really amazing.

Hide contents

Slightly off-topic, but notice how each season we get a new color stormtrooper, in the vein of the AOTC clone ranks? We've seen yellow and red, would be cool to get a green or teal variant next season.

Oh, like a swamp stormie and an aquatic stormie. That would be really cool. 

35 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Reveal hidden contents

The sides of the trexler most definately cannot hold figures unfortunately, they're not nearly tall enough. My guess is it seats a pilot, gunner, and then there's room for 1-2 figures behind the cockpit in that area where they've got the big DBG hatch piece (like a 4x3 or something) on the side. I designed a MOC of a similar size that can hold four, so I'd guess it'll be close. It could always be another Night Buzzard, though.

trex1.jpgtrex3.jpg

I noticed that pattern too, I guarantee if/when S3 comes out we get a green or blue stormtrooper. Since the flametrooper was similar to the legends one, I'll go even further and guess we'll see a blue lieutenant or sniper.

2 hours ago, V-2929 said:

So what sets haven't we had a decent view of so far? Similar to the Light Cruiser, I'm curious to find out how much interior the Trexler has. I'd really like to be able to fit, like, five troopers and a driver in it but I suspect that may be asking a bit much

I feel like one of the reasons they did the trexlar instead of the ITT is so they don't have to make it fit more than 2-3 figures, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it can fit more. Fun Fact: The Razor Crest can hold the ToT speeder, grogu, and at least 5 figures. (Currently I've got Mando, Grogu, and Cara in the cockpit, Greef in that behind-cockpit space, and custom fennec and boba in the hold with the speeder.)

Spoiler

Just bought a Cad Bane before they skyrocket...I'm probably going to regret this but I didn't regret the 20th Anniversary Slave One after Boba showed up so eh. Also it's just such a good fig even if it is from ages ago. 

3 hours ago, hondohnaka said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just bought a Cad Bane before they skyrocket...I'm probably going to regret this but I didn't regret the 20th Anniversary Slave One after Boba showed up so eh. Also it's just such a good fig even if it is from ages ago. 

Spoiler

I was going to get one of the Cad Bane figures when I next did a batch order from Bricklink, guess that plan's abandoned then. At least he'll probably have a new figure soon. Though I doubt it would have the old hat mold, given that his new look has a hat that's a lot more comparable to the Indiana Jones's fedora in terms of brim size.

5 hours ago, hondohnaka said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I can't find one in America for under $30...seems they've already skyrocketed according to the price guide. He's got a new costume so I'll probably just bricklink a duros head and try to recreate his costume from the new episode.

12 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I completely agree, I much prefer the helmet design of the SW0585 Stormtrooper minifig. The Mortar Trooper design on that version of the Stormtrooper minifig would be amazing in my opinion! :classic:

Edited by Sarah_H7744

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My guess is it seats a pilot, gunner, and then there's room for 1-2 figures behind the cockpit in that area where they've got the big DBG hatch piece (like a 4x3 or something) on the side. I designed a MOC of a similar size that can hold four, so I'd guess it'll be close. It could always be another Night Buzzard, though.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. Your MOC design is very nice indeed. :classic:

I most certainly hope it's not like the Night Buzzard, Lol.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can't find one in America for under $30...seems they've already skyrocketed according to the price guide. He's got a new costume so I'll probably just bricklink a duros head and try to recreate his costume from the new episode.

was it cheaper before? darn I bought it at 30. Oh well it’s only gonna go up the more episodes he’s in. 

6 hours ago, Sarah_H7744 said:

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. Your MOC design is very nice indeed. :classic:

I most certainly hope it's not like the Night Buzzard, Lol.

Thanks!

Yeah, if it only holds a pilot and then partially a character if they're partially in the hatch, that would be disappointing. I really hope that it can fit at least 4.

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Hide contents

was it cheaper before? darn I bought it at 30. Oh well it’s only gonna go up the more episodes he’s in. 

Spoiler

looks like it was selling at $18 in june 2021 according to the price guide, but as of yesterday the cheapest US one was over $30. No doubt it'll continue to increase, though.

One day a set with a stormtrooper will come out and we won't see a million comments about how it should have been the old helmet

Wow, I go on vacation for 2 days and this place falls apart. Seem like you all are back on track, but just in case someone gets the idea to start the fight back up let me remind you of something.

Some people think Lego could have done better with the BB characters. Some people think what Lego produced is acceptable. Both views are valid. You are allowed to defend your view. But you are not allowed to attack others for holding the opposite viewpoint on this matter. Those are the rules, please don't break them.

I have a soft spot for the old Kenner vehicles, so a part of me wishes that that we're getting the Imperial Troop Transport instead of the Trexler Marauder. Wondering if it'll be possible to mod the side sections of the Trexler to turn it into the troop carrying variant?

I just saw someone already has a speedbuild of the Mandalorian Fighter and yup, still pretty darn good and a solid improvement over the original. My only major gripe is the rather larger gaps with the cockpit. 

Brickstory Builds also has a build video for Ahsoka vs Maul and the Havoc Marauder. Hopefully it won't be  be long before we see the rest of the sets in a greater capacity.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Brickstory Builds also has a build video for Ahsoka vs Maul and the Havoc Marauder. Hopefully it won't be  be long before we see the rest of the sets in a greater capacity.

A bunch of LAN outlets have the Clone Wars and Bad Batch related sets, but not the Mandalorian ones it seems, unless LEGO has set a different embargo date for those for some reason.

8 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

I have a soft spot for the old Kenner vehicles, so a part of me wishes that that we're getting the Imperial Troop Transport instead of the Trexler Marauder. Wondering if it'll be possible to mod the side sections of the Trexler to turn it into the troop carrying variant?

I think it will be - you'll just need some flags and 1x2s with rods. Otherwise, it looks like all the pieces are right there imo.

On 6/14/2021 at 8:21 AM, CaptainSerMig said:

P2 Cody would have been more than enough

Was never gonna happen though. The set is based on Attack Of The Clones (as it should be, considering it’s when the ship was introduced and it’s the film the Gunship is most iconic to). Cody wouldn’t have made sense in the set, he would be a better choice for a set later down the line. For me, the ideal minifigures to include in the Gunship would simply be two Phase 1 clone pilots with a new helmet mold. But I’m buying the set for the ship, not the figures, so even if the figures are disappointing, it won’t detract from the set at all for me. 

I don't even understand the purpose of a UCS and not minifig scale gunship. Im happy for anyone who's happy to get it but why? I think the Brickvault version for example is perfect. Put in a batallion of clones and voila.

On another note: I was just watching a speed build video of the BB shuttle. I think you could easily modify at least 2x6 studs more additional space. And between the minifig space there's technic bars so if you'd not find an alternative solution to have a stable ship you could still modify the space above them for something optical, storage or maybe even the "Omega bed".

It reminds me of the medical frigatte from Rebels that included the older Ahsoka Tano. There was a whole section in the back that was dedicated just to empty space and a handle. Once I removed that and changed some other things the interior had been increased about 3 times.

3 hours ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I think it will be - you'll just need some flags and 1x2s with rods. Otherwise, it looks like all the pieces are right there imo.

Actually, I don't think so. Sure, you could probably take off the sides without to much trouble, but it don't think there's enough room for 3 pods on each side even if they're just flags (which really would look pretty terrible for an ITT build any larger than that battlepack), much less any sort of actual attempt at the pods. Not to mention you'll need to mod the back of the vehicle quite a bit, as the rear looks completely different from the ITT rear.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Was never gonna happen though. The set is based on Attack Of The Clones (as it should be, considering it’s when the ship was introduced and it’s the film the Gunship is most iconic to). Cody wouldn’t have made sense in the set, he would be a better choice for a set later down the line. For me, the ideal minifigures to include in the Gunship would simply be two Phase 1 clone pilots with a new helmet mold. But I’m buying the set for the ship, not the figures, so even if the figures are disappointing, it won’t detract from the set at all for me. 

Yeah, not only does Cody make 0 sense to include, but the figures are never the point of a UCS set (maybe MBS sets, but never UCS ships). I don't get why people thought we'd get p2 cody or a ton of clones or something.

25 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I don't even understand the purpose of a UCS and not minifig scale gunship. Im happy for anyone who's happy to get it but why? I think the Brickvault version for example is perfect. Put in a batallion of clones and voila.

This is what I've been saying since the vote, if people wanted a minifig scale gunship they shouldn't have voted for the UCS one.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Actually, I don't think so. Sure, you could probably take off the sides without to much trouble, but it don't think there's enough room for 3 pods on each side even if they're just flags (which really would look pretty terrible for an ITT build any larger than that battlepack), much less any sort of actual attempt at the pods. Not to mention you'll need to mod the back of the vehicle quite a bit, as the rear looks completely different from the ITT rear.

Yeah, not only does Cody make 0 sense to include, but the figures are never the point of a UCS set (maybe MBS sets, but never UCS ships). I don't get why people thought we'd get p2 cody or a ton of clones or something.

This is what I've been saying since the vote, if people wanted a minifig scale gunship they shouldn't have voted for the UCS one.

I don't agree about that last one, I've heard rumors that the build's been kicking around for a while so I bet it would have been next year's even if one of the others had won and a playscale would have been postponed another year. Not trying to start a fight or anything though because I legit don't care about this set. I'd like a playscale but if it happens or not doesn't really matter to me that much. 

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

A bunch of LAN outlets have the Clone Wars and Bad Batch related sets, but not the Mandalorian ones it seems, unless LEGO has set a different embargo date for those for some reason.

That's kinda what I figured unfortunately. It seems a bit odd to me that they already have that particular chunk of sets already out for review. It's a real shame they aren't releasing the Clone Wars and Bad Batch sets in July, it would nicely spread things out a bit so August won't be so expensive. :tongue:

Edited by ToaDraco

I’ve been thinking lately, or wondering, really—what if Hunter had used the stormtrooper helmet and then had the strip on his head printed on? Would that work? Not the new one, but the R1 one or something.

btw, we can still talk about this subject, right?

Edited by Brickroll

I can’t wait to see what mods the community comes up with on the bad batch shuttle

Edited by LDigital

6 hours ago, LDigital said:

I can’t wait to see what mods the community comes up with on the bad batch shuttle

That thought may just have me pick it up! I like the figures and the shuttle is not bad, but just not display worthy. However, holding onto it as a base for a MOC, hmmmmm. I just hope they don't go too big!