MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

18 minutes ago, ood0 said:

How could they mess up with Gideon that badly, especially when old man Lando has a face that is basically perfect for him?

On the other hand, oh my god, Fennec has completely unnecessary arm printing. Lego loves us. Can't wait to get her in the Book of Boba Fett sets.

Don’t get used to it, I’d be willing to bet they drop it for the smaller sets. Then again, the trend seems to be towards arm printing becoming standard so I hope I’m wrong. 

Edited by hondohnaka

13 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Since the Armory figs are in this instruction manual, are we assuming it’s coming out in August with the rest of the wave?

It could happen, but I think it's not the case

If it's not a retailer exclusive set (since it's in the instruction booklet), why didn't it appear in the 2HY catalog with all the August The Mandalorian sets? This implies it releases at a later date

2 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

Do we know the UK prices for summer sets yet?

We know the prices for the ones that have been officially revealed outside of the catalogue, but I can't find prices for the others, but I sure they'll come alongside there proper reveals. The prices I could find are below.

The duel on Mandalore is £17.99 

The Havoc Marauder is  £89.99

The Mandalorian spaceship (I think it's a gauntlet)  is £49.99

Wow, that Fennec is absolutely perfect. It's crazy how Lego can outdo themselves like this at times. Curious to see what hairpiece is included, after all she didn't wear the helmet at all in that final episode if I'm not mistaken.

I'll reserve my judgement on the armorer until better pictures drop but I must say I don't like how the print is too low. Also, what's with the lack of cloth pieces lol. She needed it more than any character they've done. The Solo range troopers get it, why not the Armorer? Paz looks gorgeous as well.

1 hour ago, Stefanisimo said:

Wow, that Fennec is absolutely perfect. It's crazy how Lego can outdo themselves like this at times. Curious to see what hairpiece is included, after all she didn't wear the helmet at all in that final episode if I'm not mistaken.

I'll reserve my judgement on the armorer until better pictures drop but I must say I don't like how the print is too low. Also, what's with the lack of cloth pieces lol. She needed it more than any character they've done. The Solo range troopers get it, why not the Armorer? Paz looks gorgeous as well.

It seems like lego is cutting back on cloth pieces. Some figures like Fennec and Echo have what would be cloth parts printed, while others like Shuri and Endgame Scarlet Witch have neither cloth nor printed skirts on their legs. 

I'm guessing this means if we ever get a P2 Rex, he won't have a cloth kama.

Edited by SuperSith

I like the new Boba fig but won’t be buying a new Slave I just to get my hands on him, especially as there are sure to be Book of Boba Fett sets due out at some stage.

6 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

Curious to see what hairpiece is included, after all she didn't wear the helmet at all in that final episode if I'm not mistaken.

Though possibly too textured, this new hairpiece from City Wildlife/Eternals seems like a fairly decent fit.

7 hours ago, SuperSith said:

It seems like lego is cutting back on cloth pieces. Some figures like Fennec and Echo have what would be cloth parts printed, while others like Shuri and Endgame Scarlet Witch have neither cloth nor printed skirts on their legs. 

I'm guessing this means if we ever get a P2 Rex, he won't have a cloth kama.

They did give the Airbone trooper a kama last year, I think that if Rex is going to be in a vehicle like the Y-Wing he may not have a kama, but if he's just a figure thrown into a set and doesn't need to operate the vehicle he'll come with his kama.

10 hours ago, Stefanisimo said:

The Solo range troopers get it, why not the Armorer? Paz looks gorgeous as well.

Probably budgeting. I assume Disney gives LEGO a bigger budget for movies rather than TV Shows

How long do you guys think the Summer sets will be out for in Australia? Last summer most sets became hard or impossible to find after Christmas, so I am wondering whether I should get sets like the Bad Batch Shuttle and Mandalorian Starfighter (which are surely going to be popular) on day 1 or if I can wait to get them on clearance.

Edited by BigA_7

8 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

Probably budgeting. I assume Disney gives LEGO a bigger budget for movies rather than TV Shows

This is not how it works

On 6/10/2021 at 10:39 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, so MandR (guy behind the 501st campaign and someone who likely exerted a lot of influence on the gunship vote), decided that he wanted people to write-in votes for Jar Jar in the brickheadz vote. Honestly feels to me like he just wants to see how much influence he can exert, as you'd think he'd rather have something like a 501st trooper, and jar jar is possibly the most hated character in star wars.

Actually you've got to feel bad for lego, they literally made a set because he got people to ask for it, and he responds by relentlessly trashing them, influencing their votes for..jar jar... and making a fake "interview" that just mocks designers.

but would they really do that? Jar Jar?

I can’t wait for the Gunship to be revealed and I swear if I see anyone trashing it solely because it doesn’t come with an entire clone legion and the entire Jedi Order I’m gonna lose it

52 minutes ago, 1974 said:

This is not how it works

Okay, sorry. I just assumed that's how it works since they use so many one time use moulds for the disney star wars movies but still reuse innacurate moulds for other things

58 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I can’t wait for the Gunship to be revealed and I swear if I see anyone trashing it solely because it doesn’t come with an entire clone legion and the entire Jedi Order I’m gonna lose it

P2 Cody would have been more than enough

2 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

How long do you guys think the Summer sets will be out for in Australia? Last summer most sets became hard or impossible to find after Christmas, so I am wondering whether I should get sets like the Bad Batch Shuttle and Mandalorian Starfighter (which are surely going to be popular) on day 1 or if I can wait to get them on clearance.

Hard to say. Razor Crest and AT-AT are still around but most sets from last August are long gone - or never appeared in the first place. August to December should be enough of a window to find a decent Target or Myer sale without having to jump on a day 1 release. BB Shuttle will be very popular when it releases but once the rush dies down it shouldn't be hard to find. ToT being the first set with Beskar Mando sold out very quickly but again it's readily available now.

The kicker is whether or not a set has popular massable figures in it. Even though the AAT wasn't a popular set for its build, everyone was wanting those 332nd figs and it barely appeared on shelves (hoping that makes the Mandalore Duel easier to pick up too). I'm wondering if the Mandalorian Loyalist fig will be popuar in a similar way, but I'm guessing the AAT sales were driven by CW S7 popularity and while there will be some people getting multiple Mandalorian Starfighters, it won't be at the same level as last year.

1 hour ago, CaptainSerMig said:

In which case everyone would complain about the minifig being exclusive to a $350 set :tongue:

2 hours ago, CaptainSerMig said:

I think they don'T sacrifice new-mold budget on UCS ships for figures. Like never. And for Cody you need that new mold. So what do people expect?

6 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

I’m going for something I never do: day 1 purchase through s@h for the whole wave. Taking no chances this time around, since none of last year’s sets have been on a shelf anywhere near me since day 1. FWIW stock of this year’s sets is scarce too, at least where I live, but I’ve seen a few restocks. X-Wing, TIE and Shuttle I’m only seeing one or two of each on the shelf if the store isn’t completely sold out. Haven’t seen the probe droid anywhere and can only find Vader and Scout helmets at EB games where they have a $10 or $20 markup.

5 hours ago, BigA_7 said:

Okay, sorry. I just assumed that's how it works since they use so many one time use moulds for the disney star wars movies but still reuse innacurate moulds for other things

TLG pays LucasFilm/Disney for the use of the SW license. They, LucasFilm/Disney, sets the rules and guidelines for how to use the license (no single SW figs for sale etc and most likely also just what vehicles/locations etc) but what moulds TLG use are up to TLG

8 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

most sets from last August are long gone - or never appeared in the first place.

I wonder why that is. Was that a one time covid thing or does it happen all the time with summer waves

August to December should be enough of a window to find a decent Target or Myer sale without having to jump on a day 1 release. 

Thanks for the advice though. I agree that the 501st battlepack and AAT were driven by Mashable figures, so people were buying multiples of them. This wave though I hope I can get the sets I want since they aren’t massable on the same scale as the 501st battlepack and AAT

Hard to say. Razor Crest and AT-AT are still around but most sets from last August are long gone - or never appeared in the first place. August to December should be enough of a window to find a decent Target or Myer sale without having to jump on a day 1 release. BB Shuttle will be very popular when it releases but once the rush dies down it shouldn't be hard to find. ToT being the first set with Beskar Mando sold out very quickly but again it's readily available now.

The kicker is whether or not a set has popular massable figures in it. Even though the AAT wasn't a popular set for its build, everyone was wanting those 332nd figs and it barely appeared on shelves (hoping that makes the Mandalore Duel easier to pick up too). I'm wondering if the Mandalorian Loyalist fig will be popuar in a similar way, but I'm guessing the AAT sales were driven by CW S7 popularity and while there will be some people getting multiple Mandalorian Starfighters, it won't be at the same level as last year.

There’s no earthly way the Mando fighter has the same hype as the AAT. It has a grand total of one massable figure without customizing and if Mandos were anywhere near as popular as clones why has the mando battlepack been on sale for ages. It’ll have some element of that hype but it’ll be nowhere near that level. It’ll be impossible to find for the first day or two and then be relatively common for the rest of its existence. Tbh I don’t see any of these sets being especially hard to find post-week 1, bar MAYBE the Trexler Marauder because of imperial army builders (cough cough yours truly) but even that doesn’t have a price-to-fig ratio that’s that desirable. The AT AT was hard to find tho and theres aeons more hype for the Cruiser then there was for that so that one might also be tough for a little.  

Edited by hondohnaka

9 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

Tbh I don’t see any of these sets being especially hard to find post-week 1, bar MAYBE the Trexler Marauder because of imperial army builders (cough cough yours truly) but even that doesn’t have a price-to-fig ratio that’s that desirable.

This may be the case in America, but due to a number of reasons, the summer 2020 wave was really hard to find on shelves in Australia. I only saw a single AAT maybe around half a dozen Anakin Jedi Interceptors and never saw the 501st battlepack despite visiting stores very frequently and even in multiple states.

Edited by TeeNuggetTa

17 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I think they don'T sacrifice new-mold budget on UCS ships for figures. Like never. And for Cody you need that new mold. So what do people expect?

they wouldn't have need that mold if they simply made two holes on the sides of the phase 2 helmet from the beginning. well...