MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I can't believe how many neutral or unexaggerated Clone expressions we're getting. Totally expected like snarl or something on Boba and varying smiles on the Bad Batch but nope, straight faces on all of them except Wrecker (who honestly could have used a goofier expression but I'm not too mad as it makes the head more reusable for other clones). Love it.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:26 AM, MKJoshA said:

Stay on target guys

I guess I'm not able to send private messages on here (need to be a higher rank I imagine), so this isn't the best way to go about doing this. Otherwise I wouldn't make this a public comment. But can the mods please do a better job of keeping this discussion on topic and away from the frequent personal attacks against Ryan? I don't understand why these constant posts ragging on the guy aren't just deleted, because it's getting to the point of bullying. Constantly insulting someone in a public forum in which they're known to visit and read, seems pretty unacceptable - especially when we're supposed to be talking about LEGO sets.

I've got a lot of issues with how Ryan conducts himself and with his public feud with TLG, but blasting the guy personally again and again should be out of line. It's the same things being said about him every time, and it happens on a regular basis here. Even when the discussion is somewhat relevant to the topic of LEGO sets, it shouldn't be allowed to devolve into personal attacks against another person and member of this forum. Criticizing a public figure or how they conduct themselves in relation to their work is one thing - How multiple members of this forum regularly treat Ryan goes way beyond that.

Passive moderation and reminders not to harass Ryan or "to stay on target" shouldn't be the answer when this is an issue that continues to pop up.

When you have a large platform you open yourself up to criticism. When you use that platform to influence a large crowd of other social media users you open yourself up to more criticism. When you’re trying to use that platform to act as a source of information about upcoming releases at the same time as actively spreading disinformation you are inviting criticism. That is all from me. 

1 minute ago, Brikkyy13 said:

When you have a large platform you open yourself up to criticism. When you use that platform to influence a large crowd of other social media users you open yourself up to more criticism. When you’re trying to use that platform to act as a source of information about upcoming releases at the same time as actively spreading disinformation you are inviting criticism. That is all from me. 

Like I said, criticizing a public figure and how they conduct themselves in relation to their work if fine and acceptable (I'd say encouraged within a healthy society), but when those criticisms go beyond the merit of that person's work and instead focus on ad-hominem attacks against his character, his intelligence, his maturity, his temperament, his personal self, than it's no longer justifiable to rationalize comments like "Mandr might be an idiot and the definition of a petty child" as being fair and appropriate criticism of a public figure - or A PERSON.

Because, ultimately, that's what Ryan is - a person. And this incessant bullying and name calling should be completely unacceptable within the scope of any rational, civil, and earnest discussion about something as trivial as LEGO.

Criticize the way he conducts himself, the controversies he sews, and the discord he creates within the community, all you want, but we both know that this forum goes well beyond that time and time again. And my point is that this is NOT an isolated incident. It happens for pages at a time, from multiple commenters, recurs every few months, and over multiple forum topics. And it's beyond my comprehension as to why the mods haven't taken decisive action against what quite literally amounts to cyberbullying against an individual on this forum.

8 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

That's not really fair since your not criticizing your just attacking him. I haven't seen him spread disinformation other than the CMF thing which we don't actually have concrete answers to. Also while you can hold him accountable for how he uses his platform it's his platform which he can use however he wants. If you don't like him/his audience don't him watch.

1 minute ago, LarryBoy said:

Like I said, criticizing a public figure and how they conduct themselves in relation to their work if fine and acceptable (I'd say encouraged within a healthy society), but when those criticisms go beyond the merit of that person's work and instead focus on ad-hominem attacks against his character, his intelligence, his maturity, his temperament, his personal self, than it's no longer justifiable to rationalize comments like "Mandr might be an idiot and the definition of a petty child" as being fair and appropriate criticism of a public figure - or A PERSON.

Personally, I don't think he's an idiot I was just using the phrase to further my larger point that even though he acts a certain way his points are still very valid and his dislike is unwarranted. 

Ok, enough of this discussion about a particular person. It is, most certainly, OFF TOPIC now.

In this instance, Mandr was brought up in the context of a discussion about upcoming sets that he ran campaigns to influence. That was quite relevant. Other people continued to discuss other new things coming at the same time.

Making a long post just about him (pro or against) simply derails the topic. Use the report button if you think someone has been out of line. MODs may not always agree though, and sometimes simply do nothing.

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

I can't believe how many neutral or unexaggerated Clone expressions we're getting. Totally expected like snarl or something on Boba and varying smiles on the Bad Batch but nope, straight faces on all of them except Wrecker (who honestly could have used a goofier expression but I'm not too mad as it makes the head more reusable for other clones). Love it.

I also like the neutral faces as I will find them quite useful, has crosshair's head been leaked yet, as its not visible on S@H like the others

Edited by Stuartn

52 minutes ago, Stuartn said:

I also like the neutral faces as I will find them quite useful, has crosshair's head been leaked yet, as its not visible on S@H like the others

Yes it has, it's a neutral expression with his scope scar (it looks like a scar at least...wait...did he cut his face to make a scar in that shape?!?). Looks good, same with boba's (If you haven't seen it either, it's a slight frown with some scars.)

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes it has, it's a neutral expression with his scope scar (it looks like a scar at least...wait...did he cut his face to make a scar in that shape?!?).

I thought it was a tattoo, but doing it with a knive does sound like something Crosshair would do :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Looks good, same with boba's (If you haven't seen it either, it's a slight frown with some scars.)

Agreed, the new clone face prints are all excellent :thumbup: The terrible reign of Angry CloneTM is finally over, and as punishment he’s been relegated to cosplaying as Sandman :tongue:

Spoiler

am I the only one who thinks after this morning's BB episode that the next Venator we get is going to be a few hundred pieces of wreckage with Rex, Wrecker and maybe the dianoga? Would be nice to get Rex finally (although he'd probably not have A a new helmet or B possibly any helmet at all, but it would also be used as an excuse not to make a Venator for another five years or so. 

Edited by hondohnaka

Glad too see Boba gets such an amazing headprint!
Makes me hopeful for a Din Djarrin printed face too, instead of the usual black head so far :sweet: 

Now I gotta go watch Bad Batch because I already accidentally read the above spoiler :facepalm: :innocent:

Regards,
Mitch

18 hours ago, TobyAis said:

I think, it would look similar to burned Anakin's.. Am I even allowed to show this?

No, you cannot post links to leaked photos.

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I thought it was a tattoo, but doing it with a knive does sound like something Crosshair would do :laugh_hard:

Agreed, the new clone face prints are all excellent :thumbup: The terrible reign of Angry CloneTM is finally over, and as punishment he’s been relegated to cosplaying as Sandman :tongue:

The tattoo does make more sense than him cutting his face, though the scope still seems a bit scratchy to me, maybe he insisted on tattooing himself. :laugh:

I find it HILARIOUS that the last remnant of angry clone isn't even a star wars character, but Flint Marko. Maybe Thomas Haden Church should cameo in stormtrooper armor in Andor!

The quality of this wave is insane compared to previous ones. Almost every minifigure is a new character or variant, and most of the helmeted ones even have unique face prints and hair (when applicable, there's a lot of bald characters this wave). Not to mention the builds themselves, which mostly seem to be a great value for the cost of the set (With the exception of that duel...ouch).

Edited by Mandalorianknight

9 hours ago, hondohnaka said:
  Hide contents

am I the only one who thinks after this morning's BB episode that the next Venator we get is going to be a few hundred pieces of wreckage with Rex, Wrecker and maybe the dianoga? Would be nice to get Rex finally (although he'd probably not have A a new helmet or B possibly any helmet at all, but it would also be used as an excuse not to make a Venator for another five years or so. 

I don't think TLG would do that. The opportunity to make a Venator (whether UCS or play scale) should come either in the next year based on CW season 7 or we'll have to wait for a 20 year anniversary ROTS in 2025.

Also, I wanted to ask do you guys think we could get an AT-TE as soon as next year since it appears in the BB trailer with Tech using it against clones. I think its been over 7 years since we last got one so they're due to make one considering the demand on secondary sites. 

34 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

I don't think TLG would do that. The opportunity to make a Venator (whether UCS or play scale) should come either in the next year based on CW season 7 or we'll have to wait for a 20 year anniversary ROTS in 2025.

Also, I wanted to ask do you guys think we could get an AT-TE as soon as next year since it appears in the BB trailer with Tech using it against clones. I think its been over 7 years since we last got one so they're due to make one considering the demand on secondary sites. 

They said in an interview they don’t care about the secondary market :/ I do think it’s possible, they loooooove making imperial vehicles after all. I just hope a Republic Crosshair happens at some point 

41 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

They said in an interview they don’t care about the secondary market :/ I do think it’s possible, they loooooove making imperial vehicles after all. I just hope a Republic Crosshair happens at some point 

Do you know explicitly what they said? I can't find it, and I want to see the exact qoute as I find it hard to believe that they don't take secondhand prices into account (as it's just basic business sense to remake/reprint/restock items with high secondary market sales.), so I'm wondering if it's like their argument for no fallen order sets (It's rated...the equivalent rating to multiple star wars films?!?!?).

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Anyone else think it kind of was a bad move to release pictures of two sets of the wave and not saying a thing about the others?

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Do you know explicitly what they said? I can't find it, and I want to see the exact qoute as I find it hard to believe that they don't take secondhand prices into account (as it's just basic business sense to remake/reprint/restock items with high secondary market sales.), so I'm wondering if it's like their argument for no fallen order sets (It's rated...the equivalent rating to multiple star wars films?!?!?).

I cannot recall where it was said, but I remember they said their main considerations when making a figure is has it been done before and if so could they do it better now, I don’t think they explicitly said they don’t care about secondary market at all, just it wasn’t a priority 

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The info came from Solid Brix Studios' video, but there are no direct quotes. He just paraphrased what the designers said in the interview.

15 hours ago, hondohnaka said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Lol that'd be disappointing on a few different levels: No Venator, no Y-Wing, and (I'm just going to assume) it'd end up being worse than any number of other possible Bad Batch sets based on Kamino (including a Kaminoan and/or a K-Security Clone) or the yet-to-be-seen material.

On the plus side, I feel like the 501st Y-Wing is way more likely now. It could be how we get Omega, however, I hope (if it happens) they take the Mando Starfighter approach and make it S7 so we can get Jesse. Beggars can't be choosers, though, Rex's ship is my most wanted Star Wars ship.

On 6/3/2021 at 8:15 PM, avengers777 said:

Does Fennec have arm printing? I think I see two lines going around her wrist, but I’m not sure

Looks like I was right...she does!!! This wave is too good :pir-love:

Edited by avengers777

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think @hondohnaka is referring to the David Hall Video where he said TLG doesn't look to the secondary market for Minifigures but I don't think they said anything about sets but David posed the question about minifigs not all things LSW.

Since the Armory figs are in this instruction manual, are we assuming it’s coming out in August with the rest of the wave?

Wow, Fennec looks amazing! I'm so happy she has arm printing. I love the dark trooper helmet, it's really too bad we only get one. Moff Gideon... wow they really dropped the ball. Either there's no mustache or what looks his mouth is his mustache and his actual mouth is weirdly low on the face ehich seems unlikely. Of course the dark saber sucks but that we knew immediately.

Super happy to see the whole Bad Batch crew in irl pics, they look really good! All the face prints are excellent. It's also nice to get an irl shot of the interior of the shuttle with all 4 members aboard. Hopefully we'll get more pictures soon along with the manual shots of the other sets.

Edited by ToaDraco

How could they mess up with Gideon that badly, especially when old man Lando has a face that is basically perfect for him?

On the other hand, oh my god, Fennec has completely unnecessary arm printing. Lego loves us. Can't wait to get her in the Book of Boba Fett sets.