MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Oof, Armourer looking rough. Printed horns on a normal Mando helmet would've looked better. And the bad angle strikes again! Everyone looks like they have a massive forehead.

Damn, The Armorer and Paz look fantastic!
Can't wait to get my hands on that set, even if the build is crappy.

Also, is there any indication where Crosshair's head will appear? I wasn't aware another Bad Batch set was in the works...

Regards,
Mitch

Just now, CF Mitch said:

Also, is there any indication where Crosshair's head will appear? I wasn't aware another Bad Batch set was in the works...

Regards,
Mitch

Crosshair's head is from the shuttle. Someone got it early :)

I think The Armorer and Paz are looking pretty slick even if the angle isn't doing the former any favors. I like the selection of figures in that set a lot, so that's probably a snag.

I've only seen the figures (don't know if the whole set leaked), and they look brilliant!

Sure, the Armorer's horns should be gold, but I like the contrast. And printing them would've looked a lot worse. This is more visually appealing.

Paz is excellent, hoping the set comes with his rangefinder, but if not, I've got plenty spares.

9 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Crosshair's head is from the shuttle. Someone got it early :)

Ooohh, the shuttle isn't out yet! My bad :innocent:

8 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I've only seen the figures (don't know if the whole set leaked), and they look brilliant!

Sure, the Armorer's horns should be gold, but I like the contrast. And printing them would've looked a lot worse. This is more visually appealing.

Paz is excellent, hoping the set comes with his rangefinder, but if not, I've got plenty spares.

Actually, the horns appear to be (dark) metallic grey on comparison pictures, so I'd say that's pretty accurate :thumbup: 

Regards,
Mitch

Paz looks fantastic. I think the eye holes are printed too low on the Armourer's helmet though, it makes it look like she has a bit of a fivehead.

28 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Also, is there any

I agree with the vast majority. Amorer and Paz are absolutely fantastic! Horns in particular are exactly what is needed! 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

:laugh_hard: I might steal this one

The armourer and Paz look great :thumbup: And looks like they found a way around the cape & jetpack problem: not including the former at all :head_back:

OP may know this, but for those who don’t, the Italian word for lawyer is l’avvocato, from the Latin Advocatus! So Devil’s Avocado is not that far off!

This mandalorian (the people not the show) minifigure wave has me more excited than any wave in recent memory, love Paz.

The Armorer looks great, the helmet works perfectly. And yes, the horns are actually black in the source material. She should've her fur tho, she looks incomplete without it.

Paz is amazing, nothing more to say. Love it.

I also hare how Mando's jetpack is darker than rest of his armour, in the series it's clearly the same colour.

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Armorer looks great, the helmet works perfectly. And yes, the horns are actually black in the source material. She should've her fur tho, she looks incomplete without it.

Paz is amazing, nothing more to say. Love it.

I also hare how Mando's jetpack is darker than rest of his armour, in the series it's clearly the same colour.

Is there something that could be MOC'd to make the fur? 

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m not convinced they changed the Slave 1’s figure selection in the last minute :tongue:People say that potential storage space for Carbonite Han would be proof of that. I say there could be proof to the contrary: if there’s a feature to drop seismic bombs, then by the same token the set must’ve always been intended as a Mando tie-in :grin:

Not sure what happened with the prelim info anyway, the rest was accurate to a tee after all. Either a misdirect or a wrong placeholder (anyone remember the prelim Cato Parasitti minifig that stood in for Sugi in the 2011 1HY catalogue?)

Oh man, I hope it has a seismic bomb drop feature! I'm so sick of cargo holds for Han in carbonite. It could have storage space for weapons instead though. 

I love the figures of the Armorer and Paz Visla! Sadly I was right about them omitting the cape for Din entirely. I really wish they gave the Armorer a fluffy collar piece, heck they gave one to the Ranger Troopers in the Solo train set even though they appeared for 5 seconds...

I look forward to seeing the forge. Hopefully it has a hammer and tongs for the Armorer to use as weapons and I expected it with have some sort of smithing play feature.

Also, Crosshair's face leaked and it looks pretty good.

Edited by ToaDraco

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

There will absolutely be sets to tie into tBoBF. It's one thing for LEGO to not want to take a risk on a new series with new characters like the Mandalorian until after it airs and then realize it's insanely popular, it's another entirely when a new series is being made for a legacy character people already know, especially someone with the inherent popularity and insane marketability of Boba Fett. Now they may only do one or 2 sets to start based on what little info and concept art they get and do more sets after the show ends like they did with the Mandalorian, but I don't think LEGO is stupid enough not to cash in on tBoBF. 

Agree, also with Mando acting as a soft pilot of sorts for the show, it's way less risky.  In addition to Boba being a popular character, people have already been introduced to Fennec Shan and seem to like her as a character, and people have been mostly satisfied (from what I've seen, at least) with Boba Fett being brought back and the way that he's been handled.  

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure what happened with the prelim info anyway, the rest was accurate to a tee after all. Either a misdirect or a wrong placeholder (anyone remember the prelim Cato Parasitti minifig that stood in for Sugi in the 2011 1HY catalogue?)

Even last year, it was also kind of screwed up, we thought the X-Wing was only Luke and R2-D2, we ended up getting two more figures, and the placeholder image for the TIE showed the silhouettes of the figures from Luke's Landspeeder, prompting a huge discussion about what figure could possibly be included in the set that featured short legs (evidently that was a picture of a Jawa).  I think it's possible that the info was either wrong or it had placeholder silhouettes for two figures and someone made an assumption that the non-Boba figure was just Han (since obviously you know one of the figures is confirmed as Boba Fett).

Set 75369 is a retail exclusive then, I take it (if it's still coming that is)? Because if it wasn't, its minifig selection would have leaked too, unless it doesn't feature any :tongue:

Crosshair's faceprint looks excellent btw, good to see they went the extra mile and gave all of them the unique faceprints they deserve :thumbup: 

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

Is there something that could be MOC'd to make the fur? 

Someone's posted a picture in the usual place of a caped figure as a suggestion of what could be used for the Armorer. The cape itself is a bit longer than hers, but the front looks like it would work to me!

edit: Legonoki is the person who posted the pic/suggestion. 

Edited by SEmrys

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why would a set originally intended to be TESB-themed feature them?

Well, I don't know why, but the one from 2006 (6209) does have them, so that definitely isn't definitive even if it doesn't make a lot of sense.

21 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Well, I don't know why, but the one from 2006 (6209) does have them, so that definitely isn't definitive even if it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Huh, you're right! Totally forgot about that feature, even though I have that set :blush:

15 minutes ago, starwarslotrluvva said:

If the Armory figures are in the back of the Shuttle instructions, then it likely also has HD pics of the rest of the wave's figs. Hopefully that means better pics soon!

Good point :classic: I want to see close-ups of the Cruiser minifigs :moar:

4 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Amory looks great, Mando gets his jetpack! Also, I really like the blaster and build for Paz. Looks great and the use of the "buff-up" piece that was used for the Dark Trooper and Wrecker. 

Where have you seen the armory pics? I can only find pics of the figures. Agreed about those figures, love that paz figure.

4 hours ago, avengers777 said:

I don't think that the angle does the Armorer's helmet justice, but these minifigures look so good! Easily one of the best waves ever 😁

I agree, this might be the best wave in ages.

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

Oof, Armourer looking rough. Printed horns on a normal Mando helmet would've looked better. And the bad angle strikes again! Everyone looks like they have a massive forehead.

I think it's the same mold as Gar Saxon, and it's just the angle making it look bad.

1 hour ago, starwarslotrluvva said:

If the Armory figures are in the back of the Shuttle instructions, then it likely also has HD pics of the rest of the wave's figs. Hopefully that means better pics soon!

I am also interested to see pictures of the other 3 Mandalorian set figures... The source is in no way obligated to share these, I am thankful they shared the picture of the minifigures, but I am guessing the instructions would also give us a picture of the Forge itself...

56 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Where have you seen the armory pics? I can only find pics of the figures. Agreed about those figures, love that paz figure.

Sincere apologies, I was excited and was overly brief when typing. I have only seen the picture of the figures. 

Hopefully more comes soon!

1 hour ago, Childish_Landino said:

I am also interested to see pictures of the other 3 Mandalorian set figures... The source is in no way obligated to share these, I am thankful they shared the picture of the minifigures, but I am guessing the instructions would also give us a picture of the Forge itself...

According to the original instagram leaker, lrb studios, their source isn't going to give them anymore photos, sadly (Posted on their story).

Those Armory figures look great, though the Armorer herself does seem like she's lacking a little bulk without any fur/cape. A fur piece like those Solo troopers have would've been great.

From the catalogue images, it still looks like Mando isn't going to have a face in these sets, which is a shame. Now that we've seen it multiple times, it's not like it's a secret any more.