MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, V-2929 said:

(and some of us have discovered we needlessly bought an otherwise fairly mediocre set, or bought one on the aftermarket earlier this year when we could have just waited and got one in a good set) but, hey, it happened. 

I mean, I feel like most people buying this set should have been able to guess that beskar mando was going to show up in another set eventually, seeing as he's the main character of what is widely regarded as the most popular star wars since empire strikes back. 

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean, I feel like most people buying this set should have been able to guess that beskar mando was going to show up in another set eventually, seeing as he's the main character of what is widely regarded as the most popular star wars since empire strikes back. 

That’s actually what a lot of us who lamented the minifig selection of the 1HY sets were saying :laugh: Only 2 truly unique minifigs across the entire wave at the time, one of which was bound to appear in every subsequent Mando set, leaving one exclusive minifig (Dodonna). And sure enough, it happened :snicker:

14 hours ago, legobagel said:

The 2018 advent calendar didn't have the Death Trooper or Battle Droid visible on the promotional cover.
The 2019 advent calendar didn't have the Death Star Gunner or Battle Droid visible on the promotional cover.
The 2020 advent calendar didn't have the Pit Droid, Battle Droid, Sith Trooper, or Farmboy Luke visible on the promotional cover.

Not to get my hopes up but I think it is safe to assume the advent calendar will have at least one more fairly generic minifigure and maybe even some droid, but we'll see. Dark Trooper could easily fill that minifig spot.

No way they put a darktrooper in this years calendar. Maybe nxt year

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

No way they put a darktrooper in this years calendar. Maybe nxt year

Agreed. The usual order for new troopers is regular set -> BP -> AC. They wouldn't skip BPs like that, especially not if the minifig is THIS new

Just thinking about the new Boba and Slave I... assuming there even will be a set or sets to tie into the new show, what’s stopping it from being another Slave I? And furthermore, any future figure is likely to have an updated helmet at least, not to mention that Star Wars is notorious for changing armour designs between appearances and a figure could reflect that. So the Boba in the new Slave I could possibly be an exclusive variant, and the ship itself is at a different scale to previous releases. If anybody else is trying to justify getting another Slave I, there’s your out. 

25 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Just thinking about the new Boba and Slave I... assuming there even will be a set or sets to tie into the new show, what’s stopping it from being another Slave I? And furthermore, any future figure is likely to have an updated helmet at least, not to mention that Star Wars is notorious for changing armour designs between appearances and a figure could reflect that. So the Boba in the new Slave I could possibly be an exclusive variant, and the ship itself is at a different scale to previous releases. If anybody else is trying to justify getting another Slave I, there’s your out. 

My wallet is not a fan of you. My internal love for LEGO however...BIG FAN 

Quick question, Last week I made my first ever pre-order from lego for the Darth Vader Med-Chamber and BB Shuttle, and while I saw the charge on my card last week they disappeared today and I haven't been charged. On Lego's website it says my order is "waiting for new stock" but I assumed that's a preorder thing. Anybody know if the charges disappearing is connected to pre-orders or something else. 

Also regarding the discussion about the helmet knowing lego, I don't think they would change the Boba fig for future sets if they were too lazy to do it for this year's Slave I. It's dumb they haven't changed it considering how distinct the green is in the show but I think this Slave I might have been a last-minute switch from the ESB version that was rumored so that could be the reason for the lackluster helmet cover. Nevertheless, the arm printing is amazing and I think ill still get it. 

21 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Also regarding the discussion about the helmet knowing lego, I don't think they would change the Boba fig for future sets if they were too lazy to do it for this year's Slave I. It's dumb they haven't changed it considering how distinct the green is in the show but I think this Slave I might have been a last-minute switch from the ESB version that was rumored so that could be the reason for the lackluster helmet cover.

I don’t think it was a matter of laziness since they’ve gone all out with the rest of the figures this wave, it was probably a matter of time or budget... I’m subscribing to the ESB-switch theory. I can’t make out Boba’s leg printing from the images we have but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just the old print on black legs and the only new print is the torso. I’ve said it on here already, I think our answer to this will come when we have the set in hand. If the Slave I has a Han-in-carbonite shaped hole on the underside like the one from 75222 then that, combined with the initial figure leaks, will be enough “proof” for me to believe that Han was originally meant to be in the set and he was swapped for Mando at the last minute. 

26 minutes ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Quick question, Last week I made my first ever pre-order from lego for the Darth Vader Med-Chamber and BB Shuttle, and while I saw the charge on my card last week they disappeared today and I haven't been charged. On Lego's website it says my order is "waiting for new stock" but I assumed that's a preorder thing. Anybody know if the charges disappearing is connected to pre-orders or something else. 

Also regarding the discussion about the helmet knowing lego, I don't think they would change the Boba fig for future sets if they were too lazy to do it for this year's Slave I. It's dumb they haven't changed it considering how distinct the green is in the show but I think this Slave I might have been a last-minute switch from the ESB version that was rumored so that could be the reason for the lackluster helmet cover. Nevertheless, the arm printing is amazing and I think ill still get it. 

LEGO only charges you for a product once it has shipped. You'll receive the regular after-purchase email detailing the costs, and then another email saying that the product won't be shipping for a while. That's what you mean when you say the charges showed up, right? Because they certainly shouldn't have shown up on your credit card or method of payment yet. That would be really weird, but it shouldn't be an issue if they're not on your credit card statement.

And I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a more accurate representation of Boba's new look in future sets. It'll all depend on how well Book of Boba Fett does with audiences and what kind of demand there is for sets featuring him, but LEGO has already shown a willingness to redesign their minifigures to be more accurate to The Mandalorian characters when the need arises. Personally, I don't have any issue with Boba's current helmet, since I think it looks just fine. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of Beskar Mando's helmet, I can live with another slightly less than screen accurate helmet for him too. I'm fairly confident we'll see this Boba Fett appear in more sets down the line, since The Mandalorian cinematic universe is going to be LEGO's bread and butter over the next couple of years when it comes to new and marketable LEGO sets. (Until we get a new movie trilogy again, anyways)

2 hours ago, kidtheboss611 said:

Lego does a pre-authorization charge on your card at the time of ordering. After a day or so the charge will fall off. Then when the order's ready to ship, they'll make the actual charge.

20 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Now I’m wondering how they’ll do this with his cape.  Easiest solution would be to just remove it, but I think they could get away with just using the Boba Fett shoulder cape if they really wanted to, since Mando’s cape is kind of small anyway.  I can’t really see them doing a new fabric piece, just because I truly don’t know how else they could make it work with a jetpack other than using the Boba shoulder cape (like, there doesn’t seem like any possible way to make a piece that accurately reflects Mando’s cape and also fits the jetpack underneath/next to it).

I've done this with my Mando minifig personally
IMG_20210603_194254.jpg
IMG_20210603_194353.jpg 

17 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

There will absolutely be sets to tie into tBoBF. It's one thing for LEGO to not want to take a risk on a new series with new characters like the Mandalorian until after it airs and then realize it's insanely popular, it's another entirely when a new series is being made for a legacy character people already know, especially someone with the inherent popularity and insane marketability of Boba Fett. Now they may only do one or 2 sets to start based on what little info and concept art they get and do more sets after the show ends like they did with the Mandalorian, but I don't think LEGO is stupid enough not to cash in on tBoBF. 

They'll probably keep the new Slave I on shelves for awhile(so don't count on there being a new one next year) and it was really smart of them to do one now as it ties into both Mando season 2 and allows them to have a product that ties into tBoBF on shelves just in time for the series to air. It's a win-win. Count me among those who think the set was changed last minute to be Mandalorian-inspired instead of ESB. Hopefully we'll get a more accurate Boba early next year and it wouldn't surprise me at all if one of the first sets we get for the show is a "Boba Fett's Throne" or "Boba Fett's Palace" since that's really the one thing we've seen of the show and that's been out there since the end of Mando season 2.

Edited by ToaDraco

19 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Agreed. The usual order for new troopers is regular set -> BP -> AC. They wouldn't skip BPs like that, especially not if the minifig is THIS new

I never thought about this before, but you're totally right. So assumedly it'll go: Imperial cruiser august 2021, remnant battlepack January 2022, advent calendar 2022.

39 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

There will absolutely be sets to tie into tBoBF. It's one thing for LEGO to not want to take a risk on a new series with new characters like the Mandalorian until after it airs and then realize it's insanely popular, it's another entirely when a new series is being made for a legacy character people already know, especially someone with the inherent popularity and insane marketability of Boba Fett. Now they may only do one or 2 sets to start based on what little info and concept art they get and do more sets after the show ends like they did with the Mandalorian, but I don't think LEGO is stupid enough not to cash in on tBoBF. 

True, however the next wave that could have tBoBF sets would be January, so partway through the show's run. I do agree that tBoBF sets will show up in that wave, though. Lego made a similar mistake to the original kenner toys with mandalorian, and now bad batch if it's Nielsen ratings are anything to go off of, they aren't going to want to miss out on that again. I think the Slave One possibly being retooled as a mando/tBoBF tie in is proof of that.

43 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

There will absolutely be sets to tie into tBoBF. It's one thing for LEGO to not want to take a risk on a new series with new characters like the Mandalorian until after it airs and then realize it's insanely popular, it's another entirely when a new series is being made for a legacy character people already know, especially someone with the inherent popularity and insane marketability of Boba Fett.

Also the financial situations different now too. Ahead of Mandos launch no one knew if Disney+ would be as popular as it ended up being. If people would love Mando as much as they do, and building on that who would love Mando. 

Now Disney+ has 100m+ subscribers, the Star Wars shows print money and the merch is so strong that there's no reason they won't go all in on the next live action Star Wars show. We're finally seeing it now with all the Mando season 2 sets (finally) 

I’m not convinced they changed the Slave 1’s figure selection in the last minute :tongue:People say that potential storage space for Carbonite Han would be proof of that. I say there could be proof to the contrary: if there’s a feature to drop seismic bombs, then by the same token the set must’ve always been intended as a Mando tie-in :grin:

Not sure what happened with the prelim info anyway, the rest was accurate to a tee after all. Either a misdirect or a wrong placeholder (anyone remember the prelim Cato Parasitti minifig that stood in for Sugi in the 2011 1HY catalogue?)

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m not convinced they changed the Slave 1’s figure selection in the last minute :tongue:People say that potential storage space for Carbonite Han would be proof of that. I say there could be proof to the contrary: if there’s a feature to drop seismic bombs, then by the same token the set must’ve always been intended as a Mando tie-in :grin:

Not sure what happened with the prelim info anyway, the rest was accurate to a tee after all. Either a misdirect or a wrong placeholder (anyone remember the prelim Cato Parasitti minifig that stood in for Sugi in the 2011 1HY catalogue?)

Seismic bombs have always been a feature of the Slave One tho. Granted it’s only used in Ep 2, TCW and Mando, but the machinery never got taken out. I will say putting Beskar Mando in instead of Fennec points towards it being a last minute throw-it-at-the-wall-and-hope-it-sticks situation. 

Edited by hondohnaka

14 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Seismic bombs have always been a feature of the Slave One tho. Granted it’s only used in Ep 2, TCW and Mando, but the machinery never got taken out.

Why would a set originally intended to be TESB-themed feature them?

And before anyone misreads this discussion: it’s just speculation on my part to make a point, there is no such feature, at least not that we know of :tongue:

All I’m saying is that a late in the game switcheroo doesn’t sound likely to me. Boba for instance has a brand-new torso with elaborate arm printing, that’s not something you just pull out of a hat on a whim. Moreover, we haven’t seen a single preliminary image. Maybe the original source of the rumour simply got it wrong, which sounds a lot more plausible to me :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why would a set originally intended to be TESB-themed feature them?

And before anyone misreads this discussion: it’s just speculation on my part to make a point, there is no such feature, at least not that we know of :tongue:

All I’m saying is that a late in the game switcheroo doesn’t sound likely to me. Boba for instance has a brand-new torso with elaborate arm printing, that’s not something you just pull out of a hat on a whim. Moreover, we haven’t seen a single preliminary image. Maybe the original source of the rumour simply got it wrong, which sounds a lot more plausible to me :shrug_oh_well:

That makes sense, I'm mostly just playing devil's avocado here. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. 

MAYDAY MAYDAY ARMORY PICS JUST DROPPED!
Armorer looks better then I was expecting but I don't like that her horns are black for some reason :hmpf_bad: Paz looks fantastic tho. Definitely buying this. Also Crosshair's head dropped, looks pretty good!

Edited by hondohnaka

5 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

That makes sense, I'm mostly just playing devil's avocado here.

:laugh_hard: I might steal this one

The armourer and Paz look great :thumbup: And looks like they found a way around the cape & jetpack problem: not including the former at all :head_back:

Amory looks great, Mando gets his jetpack! Also, I really like the blaster and build for Paz. Looks great and the use of the "buff-up" piece that was used for the Dark Trooper and Wrecker. 

I don't think that the angle does the Armorer's helmet justice, but these minifigures look so good! Easily one of the best waves ever 😁

3 hours ago, TobyAis said:

I've done this with my Mando minifig personally

Wow could you maybe post a picture of the cape "spread out"? I pushed away doing the same with a spar black cape for some time now - shouldn't be too hard but I think you nailed it!

set leak: I'm so happy finally that we got such decent images as leaks!

At least from the picture I think the Armorer helmet looks a bit like a knockoff. What I really miss are finer printed details on helmets - some Mando helmets look a bit comica. But still Im very happy we get such obscure side characters. And I don't have to use a golden knight helmet anymore.

Cool also that Paz really does use that shoulder piece. Might have been designed for him.

Interstingly the jetpack looks gun metal grey to me - I wouldn't mind but I'd be sad for some people who don't own any Jango Fett.

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

4 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Wow could you maybe post a picture of the cape "spread out"? I pushed away doing the same with a spar black cape for some time now - shouldn't be too hard but I think you nailed it!

It's literally the Boba cape in dark grey lol

Edited by TobyAis

1 minute ago, TobyAis said:

It's literally the Boba cape in dark grey lol

oh that was exactly my suggestion before :pir_laugh2:
naja looks really good anyway.

anyway - so far we have gotten Mando helmets in:

standard green, sand green, white, silver - Boba, Mando and Jango
dark azur, standard green, light grey, dark orange - Mando battle pack
gun metal grey and grey - TCW and gun metal grey also for Mando's first version

And now it looks like standard blue (or again dark azur), again gun metal grey, black/red, gold and sand blue will be added :pir-huzzah1: