MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Are people really complaining about beskar mando? He's going to be in most mando sets for the same reason that spider-man is in most spider-man sets, and he's a great figure. (Plus every copy of him I get is a new pair of arms to put on a printed-arm-lacking other mandalorian character.

I find this quite ironic, considering people on here were complaining nonstop about the fact that we maybe wouldn't be getting him in the Trouble on Tatooine set (before official details leaked, people were just assuming they'd re-use the version from the AT-ST and Razor Crest), now that we're getting him in four sets, it's apparently a huge issue.  

Also, it's possible that the Lego Con reveal, if not the Gunship, could still be the AT-AT.  Not saying that's the case, but it's also a huge, marquee set, and they've revealed some other sets super early to drum up hype over the past year or so (Razor Crest was revealed like 6 months in advance, both the 501st and AT-AT last summer were revealed between 2-3 months early, Bad Batch shuttle was revealed early, etc), so I could see them trying to push it soon, since it's a massive set.

Edited by Kit Figsto

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

It's a bit funny how many there are but seriously, his printing is absolutely gorgeous. I'd definitely take him over say a Fennec in the Slave 1 or a Stormy or random Mando in the Armory. 

He's in three sets, four if you count the advent calendar (I don't because the torso is clearly different), so I don't think it's that bad yet, but yeah I'd definitely take him over some random stormie or mando missing arm printing.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

I find this quite ironic, considering people on here were complaining nonstop about the fact that we maybe wouldn't be getting him in the Trouble on Tatooine set (before official details leaked, people were just assuming they'd re-use the version from the AT-ST and Razor Crest), now that we're getting him in four sets, it's apparently a huge issue.  

Also, it's possible that the Lego Con reveal, if not the Gunship, could still be the AT-AT.  Not saying that's the case, but it's also a huge, marquee set, and they've revealed some other sets super early to drum up hype over the past year or so (Razor Crest was revealed like 6 months in advance, both the 501st and AT-AT last summer were revealed between 2-3 months early, Bad Batch shuttle was revealed early, etc), so I could see them trying to push it soon, since it's a massive set.

Lego fan flow chart: 

https://bricksafe.com/files/mandalorianknight/Flow chart meme.pdf

It is really annoying how entitled the thread can seem sometimes. He's in what, three sets? Four if you count the advent calendar where he has an exclusive torso print? That's nothing, especially when it's literally the main character of one of the most popular shows of all time and the new face of star wars. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Are people really complaining about beskar mando?

Not me! I was just making a joke. I actually really love it when such amazing figures are in multiple sets you would buy because it allows me to display them in multiple settings (For example the new Ahsoka)

That's also one of the reasons I am disappointed we didn't get Captain Rex in these new Siege of Mandalore themed sets even though I have the 2013 one.

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

so if they are more figs, it'd spice this set up to add say season 1 or a Darktrooper.

A Dark trooper would be ideal honestly. Unless they are planning a battle pack with them in January. If that mold was developed only to be featured once in a single expensive set then I would be really disappointed.

4 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

It's a bit funny how many there are but seriously, his printing is absolutely gorgeous. I'd definitely take him over say a Fennec in the Slave 1 or a Stormy or random Mando in the Armory. 

Armory figs are Beskar Mando, Paz Viszla, and the Armorer. I think that's been said elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

He's in three sets, four if you count the advent calendar (I don't because the torso is clearly different), so I don't think it's that bad yet, but yeah I'd definitely take him over some random stormie or mando missing arm printing.

Lego fan flow chart: 

https://bricksafe.com/files/mandalorianknight/Flow chart meme.pdf

It is really annoying how entitled the thread can seem sometimes. He's in what, three sets? Four if you count the advent calendar where he has an exclusive torso print? That's nothing, especially when it's literally the main character of one of the most popular shows of all time and the new face of star wars. 

He’s taken the plot role of Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy but in the post-imperial era. It makes a ton of sense he’ll be in a lot of sets in the first wave really focused on what is arguably the most universally beloved single piece of Star Wars media of all time. And honestly, he’s a pretty damn premium figure. Getting him in multiple sets is really cool. That flow chart is hilarious btw. 

I think it's honestly hilarious that last year people were complaining that Beskar Mando wasn't in the Razor Crest and AT-ST and now they're complaining that Beskar Mando is in too many sets. Oh, how awful it is that the main character from an incredibly popular show is in several sets, how awful indeed. Whatever shall we do

The 2018 advent calendar didn't have the Death Trooper or Battle Droid visible on the promotional cover.
The 2019 advent calendar didn't have the Death Star Gunner or Battle Droid visible on the promotional cover.
The 2020 advent calendar didn't have the Pit Droid, Battle Droid, Sith Trooper, or Farmboy Luke visible on the promotional cover.

Not to get my hopes up but I think it is safe to assume the advent calendar will have at least one more fairly generic minifigure and maybe even some droid, but we'll see. Dark Trooper could easily fill that minifig spot.

9 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Overall I'm just happy we actually get a new Boba instead of just the old one, as it was reported by leakers and as we all expected.

And best of all: one of not many SW figures with arm printing (so far only Greedo, 3x Boba, Vader, 3PO, 2x Wookies, 1x FO officer, 2x Maul, Bescar Mando as far as Im aware of)

But yeah, would have been cool to get dark green helmet. It's hard to say and depends on the versions of the movie/lighting anyway what kind of green Bobas armor is anyway. To me the ESB version always looked like a matt dark green in general.

True, I'm very happy we're getting a new Boba and I'm super happy he's getting arm printing like he should. The thing that really bothers me is that the green print on the torso doesn't match the green of the helmet and jetpack which it's clearly supposed to in every scene he's in and it's driving my OCD crazy. Still a great figure though.

2 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

He’s taken the plot role of Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy but in the post-imperial era. It makes a ton of sense he’ll be in a lot of sets in the first wave really focused on what is arguably the most universally beloved single piece of Star Wars media of all time. And honestly, he’s a pretty damn premium figure. Getting him in multiple sets is really cool. That flow chart is hilarious btw. 

Thanks. I totally agree about his role, and luckily he's easier to use as a stock figure than luke as you can just mix his parts with the battlepack mandos (although I do use luke torso and legs with different heads for generic outer rim civilians).

17 minutes ago, legobagel said:

The 2018 advent calendar didn't have the Death Trooper or Battle Droid visible on the promotional cover.
The 2019 advent calendar didn't have the Death Star Gunner or Battle Droid visible on the promotional cover.
The 2020 advent calendar didn't have the Pit Droid, Battle Droid, Sith Trooper, or Farmboy Luke visible on the promotional cover.

Not to get my hopes up but I think it is safe to assume the advent calendar will have at least one more fairly generic minifigure and maybe even some droid, but we'll see. Dark Trooper could easily fill that minifig spot.

Their figure counts have been pretty darn consistent in the past, so I'm guessing you're right. Won't have new prints, but since figures as desirable as death and sith troopers were left out in the past, I wouldn't rule out a 501st trooper or maybe even a mandalorian (not THE mandalorian, of course).

9 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

And best of all: one of not many SW figures with arm printing (so far only Greedo, 3x Boba, Vader, 3PO, 2x Wookies, 1x FO officer, 2x Maul, Bescar Mando as far as Im aware of)

Don't forget the all important Jannah - arm print and exclusive hair mould!

I think it's awesome to get the decked-out Mando in multiple sets. His helmet is very reusable, and though it wouldn't be canon of course, a squad of Mandos with his cool printed armor would still look cool.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Thank you, this is hilarious :laugh_hard: I don’t get the complaints here, what’s wrong with the main character of a show being in multiple sets? :wacko: 

*Anyone who has ever collected DC, Marvel, Harry Potter, Minecraft, Jurassic World, Pirates of the Caribbean, and/or Indiana Jones sets*: WELCOME TO OUR WORLD, SUCKAS!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Yeah, this chart is so great! Makes me think what is the ideal situation in terms of quantity of sets main minifigures appear. To be honest I've never been a fan of some minor differences in minifigures just for the sake of putting a different minifigure in a new set. I think at the end of the day the consistency is what is important! So, as long as Mando appears in his beskar armor he probably should remain the same figure. And as mentioned above, in many other licensed themes it's perfectly normal to put the protagonists almost in every set! (Though it seems to me that TLG could benefit from making the protagonists minifigures more rare but what do I know, I don't have a marketing department at my disposal)

Btw, is there any info if Mando is going to have a proper face in cruiser set? 

8 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

He’s taken the plot role of Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy but in the post-imperial era. It makes a ton of sense he’ll be in a lot of sets in the first wave really focused on what is arguably the most universally beloved single piece of Star Wars media of all time. 

This hyperbole is getting out of hand

54 minutes ago, ood0 said:

Dude, you can just ignore people's opinions. Besides, I've heard way more positive than negative things about the show, which is impressive.

Most loved is definitely Empire, though :laugh:

As to Beskar Mando, I think the only thing wrong with him in so many sets is that none of them come with a Jetpack! I kid, of course. I'm personally just amazed that he warranted enough attention to get a whole wave (which he definitely deserves).

Plus, like @BrickBob Studpants said, this issue is way worse in other licenses (though I will grant you that the main characters often have variants).

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

*Anyone who has ever collected DC, Marvel, Harry Potter, Minecraft, Jurassic World, Pirates of the Caribbean, and/or Indiana Jones sets*: WELCOME TO OUR WORLD, SUCKAS!

I mean for God's sake, Owen's in a wave of sets about a show he's not even in!

17 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

No love for the OG Bespin Guard, Imperial TIE Pilot, Imperial Crew, Zev Senesca, and Will Scotian?

Edited by Archer

26 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

As to Beskar Mando, I think the only thing wrong with him in so many sets is that none of them come with a Jetpack! I kid, of course. I'm personally just amazed that he warranted enough attention to get a whole wave (which he definitely deserves).

He'll have his jetpack in the Forge set

45 minutes ago, Archer said:

No love for the OG Bespin Guard, Imperial TIE Pilot, Imperial Crew, Zev Senesca, and Will Scotian?

what weird choices for arm printing..
Once I checked out some costume site for printed arms for the mando battle pack - it would look soooo much better..

15 hours ago, hondohnaka said:

1x2 plate, two 1x1 clips, two lightsaber handles. Voila. 

I know its possible but I think this kind of connection looks just too blocky. Just my OCD; I know Lego is blocky in general ;)

About multiple Mandos: next to Lukes hut, the Mando sets are the only ones I did get ever since Rebels stopped releasing sets - but I gladly take a Beskar Mando every day. Useful cape, useful helmet, useful printed arms. Even black heads are always welcome

I think I could have 5 versions until I'd run out of options what to do. It's just so much more useful than yet another Harry Potter with the same pieces for instance.

BUT I do understand the desire; Lego does produce the jet pack piece, Lego could make a face print or a different helmet - so I never understand why they don't make different versions to spread out into different sets. I am aware that there are probably good reasons - limited distribution for example. And I am happy they don't put unprinted arms into every set except for the biggest..

I'm all for multiple sets having the same version of a figure. Creating exclusivity just for the sake of it is a bad thing; the only reason for it is to encourage people to buy expensive sets, and it drives aftermarket prices up. The change to different face prints for troopers, for example, across different sets makes absolutely no difference to how the figure looks, but now we have three(?) different versions of the new Snowtrooper so the aftermarket price for Snowtroopers reflects this as a certain type of collector will want all three. Anyone who just wants more Snowtroopers, with no concern for which face print can't be seen under the helmet, ends up paying more for them

So, yeah, thare are a lot of Beskar Mandos this year, and a lot of people on this forum will end up with at least a couple (and some of us have discovered we needlessly bought an otherwise fairly mediocre set, or bought one on the aftermarket earlier this year when we could have just waited and got one in a good set) but, hey, it happened. The Beskar Mando legs (with the hips switched to plain) will probably work quite well on the battle pack Mandalorian that didn't have a leg print, right?

My bigger consideration now is which of the new kits to buy as boxed, and which to just pick up the builds or minfigs. Duel on Mandalore as boxed as it's cheap enough to buy for just Maul and Ahsoka, hold off on the Light Cruiser as boxed for a deal later in the year, just the build for the Trexler (as I can't get on with the dual-molded Stormtrooper helmets and I don't have a longing for a Greef Karga minifig), wait for the new Boba to show up in other sets (I have the 20th annivesary Slave I so don't need another), and whatever the cheaper way to get Gar Saxon, Bo-Katan and the Mandalorian Loyalist turns out to be (as the Mandalorian Starfighter doesn't appeal to me)?

3 minutes ago, V-2929 said:

some of us have discovered we needlessly bought an otherwise fairly mediocre set

Ah, yeah. But on the other hand I'd never gotten a Tusken Raider before, and the builds are genuinely good (minus the hut)

4 hours ago, ood0 said:

Key word is universally. There’s a lot of casual fans who got into SW because of this show. Anyway, NO MORE ACTUAL SHOW DISCOURSE

Edited by hondohnaka

4 hours ago, TobyAis said:

He'll have his jetpack in the Forge set

Now I’m wondering how they’ll do this with his cape.  Easiest solution would be to just remove it, but I think they could get away with just using the Boba Fett shoulder cape if they really wanted to, since Mando’s cape is kind of small anyway.  I can’t really see them doing a new fabric piece, just because I truly don’t know how else they could make it work with a jetpack other than using the Boba shoulder cape (like, there doesn’t seem like any possible way to make a piece that accurately reflects Mando’s cape and also fits the jetpack underneath/next to it).

24 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Now I’m wondering how they’ll do this with his cape.  Easiest solution would be to just remove it, but I think they could get away with just using the Boba Fett shoulder cape if they really wanted to, since Mando’s cape is kind of small anyway.  I can’t really see them doing a new fabric piece, just because I truly don’t know how else they could make it work with a jetpack other than using the Boba shoulder cape (like, there doesn’t seem like any possible way to make a piece that accurately reflects Mando’s cape and also fits the jetpack underneath/next to it).

I think that would be the perfect solution as his cape does sorta hang over one shoulder after he got the jetpack. Realistically though, I think they'll just omit his cape altogether.

1 hour ago, hondohnaka said:

Key word is universally. There’s a lot of casual fans who got into SW because of this show. Anyway, NO MORE ACTUAL SHOW DISCOURSE

No, saying that The Mandalorian is more beloved than the movie which literally started this entire franchise and holds up to this day, especially when part of the charm of the show is how it so clearly loves the OT and works to capture the feeling of being a kid imagining adventures when it came out is absolutely ridiculous and I won't stand for it

2 hours ago, V-2929 said:

I'm all for multiple sets having the same version of a figure. Creating exclusivity just for the sake of it is a bad thing; the only reason for it is to encourage people to buy expensive sets, and it drives aftermarket prices up. The change to different face prints for troopers, for example, across different sets makes absolutely no difference to how the figure looks, but now we have three(?) different versions of the new Snowtrooper so the aftermarket price for Snowtroopers reflects this as a certain type of collector will want all three. Anyone who just wants more Snowtroopers, with no concern for which face print can't be seen under the helmet, ends up paying more for them

So, yeah, thare are a lot of Beskar Mandos this year, and a lot of people on this forum will end up with at least a couple (and some of us have discovered we needlessly bought an otherwise fairly mediocre set, or bought one on the aftermarket earlier this year when we could have just waited and got one in a good set) but, hey, it happened. The Beskar Mando legs (with the hips switched to plain) will probably work quite well on the battle pack Mandalorian that didn't have a leg print, right?

But how many costumers are thinking about the aftermarket?

And for sure there will be different versions. Like there are different versions of Boba Fett between the movies or between the releases.

For people simply buying sets this is a nice one because figs have something else about them. But I guess it's different factors, different tastes etc.

About the cape: Fortunately as there will be many Mandos one could simply cut parts off so that it's similar to Boba's.

4 minutes ago, ood0 said:

No, saying that The Mandalorian is more beloved than the movie which literally started this entire franchise and holds up to this day, especially when part of the charm of the show is how it so clearly loves the OT and works to capture the feeling of being a kid imagining adventures when it came out is absolutely ridiculous and I won't stand for it

You could have just asked him for a citation for his opinion masquerading as fact, you know.